Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

RageFuel Being religious in 2023 and believing in god has no use (high iq cels only)

So you have no answer. Idk why you keep saying I don’t understand much, I’m very familiar with the Abrahamic religions at least.
I have many answers. It was explained to you before and you didn't understand. And what religion do you feel mogs Christianity and why? I don't reject the fact some other religions had useful practices or insights to offer, but Christianity improved upon them. It's one of the reasons the Christian dominates West became more successful into modern times.

I have many answers. It was explained to you before and you didn't understand. And what religion do you feel mogs Christianity and why?
Buddhism because they have superior morals, have a better understanding of reality, isn’t a belief based religion (go to hell for believing the wrong things), and much more. Even if you only talk about Christianity that combined ideas with those of the Greek philosophers through the church fathers Christianity still gets mogged by Buddhism.

I don't reject the fact some other religions had useful practices or insights to offer, but Christianity improved upon them. It's one of the reasons the Christian dominates West became more successful into modern times.
I disagree. I think Christianity in the form of the Roman Catholic Church brought unity in Europe and civilized them in spreading of Roman cultural values. But overall the real explosion in the Christian (and Islamic) world came with the Greek ideas heavily influencing their academia, and the West going even further with capitalism allowing people to make money from new scientific innovations.

Buddhism because they have superior morals, have a better understanding of reality, isn’t a belief based religion (go to hell for believing the wrong things), and much more. Even if you only talk about Christianity that combined ideas with those of the Greek philosophers through the church fathers Christianity still gets mogged by Buddhism.
Buddhism and even Hinduism have some good vocabulary and maybe a few good ideas about techniques. But Buddhism mostly leads nowhere. You want to starve yourself in a cave and try to reach Moksha or Salvation (aka Enlightenment) that way? I mean, what, shit isn't bad enough for us already, that's the way? No thanks.
I disagree. I think Christianity in the form of the Roman Catholic Church brought unity in Europe and civilized them in spreading of Roman cultural values. But overall the real explosion in the Christian (and Islamic) world came with the Greek ideas heavily influencing their academia,

and the West going even further with capitalism allowing people to make money from new scientific innovations.
You are forgetting the most important aspect of Christianity which I believe led to this sort of success and that is the Protestant reformation and then the movement of those peoples to New England, which greatly boosted the START of America as a leading power. In England it was their religion at their heights also. This is what allowed people to be able to cooperate enough to create these things you mentioned. And many of those scientific innovations and the actualising of those innovations into engineering marvels would not have been possible without men cooperating as more of beta males. Which I also attribute to Protestant Christianity.

Last edited:
Buddhism and even Hinduism have some good vocabulary and maybe a few good ideas about techniques. But Buddhism mostly leads nowhere. You want to starve yourself in a cave and try to reach Moksha or Salvation (aka Enlightenment) that way? I mean, what, shit isn't bad enough for us already, that's the way? No thanks.
Hinduism is retarded, but Buddhism is probably true as a religion. It’s full of myths, but it correctly identifies the problem in life which is suffering and has a solution to it. Christianity fundamentally is just deity worship like every other religion, and if you don’t believe it you go to hell. Just low iq cope imo.

You are forgetting the most important aspect of Christianity which I believe led to this sort of success and that is the Protestant reformation and then the movement of those peoples to New England, which greatly boosted the START of America as a leading power.
Protestantism was only possible with the invention the printing press and the Gutenberg bible being mass produced. And yeah many early settlers of the new world were Protestants, but those societies were still shit holes in thos early days. However the West was already the most advanced civilization in the world before Protestantism existed.

In England it was their religion at their heights also. This is what allowed people to be able to cooperate enough to create these things you mentioned.
Anglicanism is a weird one. It was made solely due to the king wanting to get a divorce. But how did Protestantism do make people cooperate exactly, in such a way that was unlike anything before? Anglos were already set to mog the rest of Europe with government changes like magna carta, john locke, and much more. Power was being removed naturally from their monarchs, unlike anyone else that existed in Europe who till this day support authoritarian control in one way or another.

And many of those scientific innovations and the actualising of those innovations into engineering marvels would not have been possible without men cooperating as more of beta males. Which I also attribute to Protestant Christianity.
Beta males have been building civilizations through cooperation since time immemorial. Science and innovation isn’t just going to spontaneously happen in very close tribal groups that have much more cooperation. They need to have a basic level of civilization first (which Roman Catholic Church did for the West), then (imo) it was about bringing those influence of ancient Greek traditions into their worldview (like it did for the islamic golden age before), and then it fully accelerated with capitalism so people could innovate for a living and make money for it.

Last edited:
So you have no answer. Idk why you keep saying I don’t understand much, I’m very familiar with the Abrahamic religions at least.
So why do you say Christianity is mogged by other religions? Which religions?

Hinduism is retarded, but Buddhism is probably true as a religion. It’s full of myths, but it correctly identifies the problem in life which is suffering and has a solution to it. Christianity fundamentally is just deity worship like every other religion, and if you don’t believe it you go to hell. Just low iq cope imo.
This means that you do not understand Christianity.

The Christian practice is very close to Buddhism in intent (purging the mind from tanha, cravings). That is what most modern observers of Christianity fail to notice (you included) because, by definition, they are not practitioners.

In many ways Christianity is a simpler version of Buddhism that works better because it is less elitist and more rugged.

Full Buddhism practice can only be reached by a small number of full-time masters. By contrast, full Christian practice can be reached by part-time lay practitioners. This is what protestantism achieved, with spectacular results.

In more specific Indian terms, Christianity is closest to Bhagavata Bhakti Yoga (theistic Krishna-centered devotion/meditation) which eventually merged with Vaishnavism (and is promoted by the Bhagavadgita).

Mahayana Buddhism is also a theistic evolution of original Buddhism and it moved very close to Bhagavata Hinduism. This is the reason why the Ramayana (the other big Vaisnavite epic) is very popular among South-East Asian Buddhists.

The theistic elements are just as prominent in Bhagavata Hinduism or Mahayana Budhism as in Christianity.

In addition to those, Christianity has a unique feature, the crucifixion story. This is the main tanha-ahamkara dissolving technique that Christianity uses. It was far more potent than anything Indic yoga methods (including Buddhism) ever developped

@JayGoptri

Last edited:
john locke
John Locke was a Protestant buddy. Sola Scriptura !
Beta males have been building civilizations through cooperation since time immemorial. Science and innovation isn’t just going to spontaneously happen in very close tribal groups that have much more cooperation. They need to have a basic level of civilization first (which Roman Catholic Church did for the West), then (imo) it was about bringing those influence of ancient Greek traditions into their worldview (like it did for the islamic golden age before), and then it fully accelerated with capitalism so people could innovate for a living and make money for it.
It seems to me that Protestant Christianity helped to standardize beta male behavior more times than others did. I don't discount the early success of the Roman Catholic Church, but judging from the success the New England colonies had in starting a new country, removing the British, then siding back with the British quickly, it shows that Protestants were able to behave more beta when it was needed. It's not obvious that early Protestants themselves did it, but their ancestors had a big role in it. I mean, roughly half or more were the descendants of these Protestants and before that they were successful in Great Britain and Western Europe. Even today you can see it's lasting mark 48% or so have Protestant origins, even if they have stopped practicing or believing themselves.

Last edited:
This means that you do not understand Christianity.

The Christian practice is very close to Buddhism in intent (purging the mind from tanha, cravings). That is what most modern observers of Christianity fail to notice (you included) because, by definition, they are not practitioners.

In many ways Christianity is a simpler version of Buddhism that works better because it is less elitist and more rugged.

Full Buddhism practice can only be reached by a small number of full-time masters. By contrast, full Christian practice can be reached by part-time lay practitioners. This is what protestantism achieved, with spectacular results.

In more specific Indian terms, Christianity is closest to Bhagavata Bhakti Yoga (theistic Krishna-centered devotion/meditation) which eventually merged with Vaishnavism (and is promoted by the Bhagavadgita).

Mahayana Buddhism is also a theistic evolution of original Buddhism and it moved very close to Bhagavata Hinduism. This is the reason why the Ramayana (the other big Vaisnavite epic) is very popular among South-East Asian Buddhists.

The theistic elements are just as prominent in Bhagavata Hinduism or Mahayana Budhism as in Christianity.

In addition to those, Christianity has a unique feature, the crucifixion story. This is the main tanha-ahamkara dissolving technique that Christianity uses. It was far more potent than anything Indic yoga methods (including Buddhism) ever developped

@JayGoptri
Christians don’t become enlightened or close to overcoming suffering. Even Jesus was screaming on the cross and wondering why god had betrayed him. All religions tell people to practice some restraint, that is superficial af to think that will stop anything. You probably know that is just repression and why christians and many other religious people secretly become degenerates.

John Locke was a Protestant buddy. Sola Scriptura !

It seems to me that Protestant Christianity helped to standardize beta male behavior more times than others did. I don't discount the early success of the Roman Catholic Church, but judging from the success the New England colonies had in starting a new country, removing the British, then siding back with the British quickly, it shows that Protestants were able to behave more beta when it was needed. It's not obvious that early Protestants themselves did it, but their ancestors had a big role in it. I mean, roughly half or more were the descendants of these Protestants and before that they were successful in Great Britain and Western Europe. Even today you can see it's lasting mark 48% or so have Protestant origins, even if they have stopped practicing or believing themselves.
Imo the Anglos succeeded so much is because of their culture, not because of Protestanism necessarily. I made my government reasons of why England mogged the rest of Europe, as they have been naturally evolving away from monarchism for almost a millennium. But even if you look at the philosophy of England and compare it to the rest of Europe it makes sense why they all failed in comparison to England. There was a fundamental divide between continental philosophy of Europe and the Analytic Philosophy of the English world. Analytic philosophy was all about pragmatism and empiricism, while continental philosophy was about speculation and rationalism. The patterns England needed to mog the rest of Europe came through many avenues.

The English scientific recolution, second agricultural revolution, industrial revolution all seem to me products of capitalism allowing people to get fame and wealth based on innovations on these fields. As for protestantism you gotta go into more detail about how specifically that influenced stuff. I can believe that it played some part, but I heavily doubt it played some deciding role like you claim.

Christians don’t become enlightened or close to overcoming suffering.
Neither do Buddhists. Yes, some Buddhists can be burned alive without lifting a finger, but that is a meaningless stunt.

Christianity offers "enlightenment" under the name of "salvation". What these 2 words refer to is very similar; it is an extinction of vain desires brought on by a false sense of self (ahamkara in Sanskrit, hyperephania in Greek)

Even Jesus was screaming on the cross and wondering why god had betrayed him.
He is not portrayed as screaming in the Gospels. In any case, he is an imaginary character, so that doesn't really matter, does it?

All religions tell people to practice some restraint, that is superficial af to think that will stop anything. You probably know that is just repression and why christians and many other religious people secretly become degenerates.
Yes, all religions induce some restraint because this is their role within the context of civilization. But this is not what we are talking about here.

Both Buddhism and Christianity offer something more than the standard religious experience. Of course, none of them truly offers what they claim (Paradise or Nirvana). But they both offer a path towards a better form of self-discipline than pure repression. This is the reason why they were both successful. In my opinion, Christianity was even more successful than Buddhism because, like I said, it makes its own brand of self discipline accessible to a wider category of people. This is the reason for the West's success: it had a slightly better religion.

Neither do Buddhists. Yes, some Buddhists can be burned alive without lifting a finger, but that is a meaningless stunt.
Most Buddhists don’t even try, as the religion for most people has just devolved into devotionalism like Christianity. As the Buddha said that his path is only for those with little dust in their eyes.

Christianity offers "enlightenment" under the name of "salvation". What these 2 words refer to is very similar; it is an extinction of vain desires brought on by a false sense of self (ahamkara in Sanskrit, hyperephania in Greek)
Buddhist enlightenment is said to be something you can attain directly in this life. Buddhists think people go to heaven anyways for doing good deeds so Christian salvation is nothing special.

He is not portrayed as screaming in the Gospels. In any case, he is an imaginary character, so that doesn't really matter, does it?
He literally screams on the cross and this is the only thing Jesus says that is in more than one gospel.

It matters because Christianity can not exist if Jesus doesn’t exist. The entire point of the religion is that it’s an personality apocalyptic cult.

Yes, all religions induce some restraint because this is their role within the context of civilization. But this is not what we are talking about here.
That’s the relation you brought up to tanha

Both Buddhism and Christianity offer something more than the standard religious experience. Of course, none of them truly offers what they claim (Paradise or Nirvana). But they both offer a path towards a better form of self-discipline than pure repression. This is the reason why they were both successful. In my opinion, Christianity was even more successful than Buddhism because, like I said, it makes its own brand of self discipline accessible to a wider category of people. This is the reason for the West's success: it had a slightly better religion.
Nirvana is probably real, it just means the end of suffering. It is something that you can theoretically achieve in this very life. Meanwhile Christianity can not do that, and later Mahayana Buddhist tradition of gaining paramis to free all sentient beings os suffering is a wide spread version of the teachings just like Christianity. However, Western Europe’s success is built on the Roman Catholic Church civilizing the rest of Europe as a base and then it was all Ancient Greek philosophy that gave the next steps on the ladder.

Most Buddhists don’t even try, as the religion for most people has just devolved into devotionalism like Christianity. As the Buddha said that his path is only for those with little dust in their eyes.

Buddhist enlightenment is said to be something you can attain directly in this life. Buddhists think people go to heaven anyways for doing good deeds so Christian salvation is nothing special.

He literally screams on the cross and this is the only thing Jesus says that is in more than one gospel.

It matters because Christianity can not exist if Jesus doesn’t exist. The entire point of the religion is that it’s an personality apocalyptic cult.

That’s the relation you brought up to tanha

Nirvana is probably real, it just means the end of suffering. It is something that you can theoretically achieve in this very life. Meanwhile Christianity can not do that, and later Mahayana Buddhist tradition of gaining paramis to free all sentient beings os suffering is a wide spread version of the teachings just like Christianity. However, Western Europe’s success is built on the Roman Catholic Church civilizing the rest of Europe as a base and then it was all Ancient Greek philosophy that gave the next steps on the ladder.
All this just means that you have drunk the Buddhist kool aid. How do you know Buddhist promises are worth more than those of Christianity?

All this just means that you have drunk the Buddhist kool aid. How do you know Buddhist promises are worth more than those of Christianity?
Buddhist idea if enlightenment is something that they say can be achieved in this very life. It’s not some other realm you go to where everything is better or anything, it’s literally the extinguishing of suffering. And Buddhism doesn’t require you to believe in shit blindly, the Buddha literally says:

2EE6D5D1 B7FF 4AD7 820E 57681BB5F19C

Meanwhile Christianity is blindly believing Jesus is the son of god and worshipping him (deity personality cult) and if you believe that you will go to heaven after dying (trust me bro). Otherwise you will go to hell eternally.

Imo the Anglos succeeded so much is because of their culture, not because of Protestanism necessarily. I made my government reasons of why England mogged the rest of Europe, as they have been naturally evolving away from monarchism for almost a millennium. But even if you look at the philosophy of England and compare it to the rest of Europe it makes sense why they all failed in comparison to England. There was a fundamental divide between continental philosophy of Europe and the Analytic Philosophy of the English world. Analytic philosophy was all about pragmatism and empiricism, while continental philosophy was about speculation and rationalism. The patterns England needed to mog the rest of Europe came through many avenues.

The English scientific recolution, second agricultural revolution, industrial revolution all seem to me products of capitalism allowing people to get fame and wealth based on innovations on these fields. As for protestantism you gotta go into more detail about how specifically that influenced stuff. I can believe that it played some part, but I heavily doubt it played some deciding role like you claim.
Alright look, this is the last time and way I will explain it to you. @K9Otaku can try to provide more details and connections if he wishes but, here is the laymen explanation so please listen this time:

I have a family in India right? An upper middle caste/class type family. My family is a narrow sect of Brahmins, my grandfather was an academic and his father was the same, and his father etc etc. Things were therefore transmitted through family culture. Of course, us modern folk are all not following that and can't, and I was after all, born in a far away land, disconnected from it all. Today, take a look at the people I grew up with. Many of them were from Protestant backgrounds, in fact 65% of the U.S. was at one time, I believe And up till the 1960's many people really tried and follow what was transmitted through family. And in the West, what was the dominant religion? Just like Brahmins dominated in the East, the Protestants did in the West. The "Boston Brahmins" what were their origins. Protestants! The Boston elite are members of Boston's traditional upper class who were associated with academia and traditional Anglo-American customs and all that stuff and passed it down to their offspring.

Of course much of it stopped working when they stopped practicing because the consequences of having scientific discovers made it harder to believe I suppose, plus many other reasons piling up over time. I attribute it also to the fact we have too many layers of philosophies and eventually the critique of God and all this was inevitable, but it should be clear that this was one of the major influences in shaping the good things we see in Western culture..

Alright look, this is the last time and way I will explain it to you. @K9Otaku can try to provide more details and connections if he wishes but, here is the laymen explanation so please listen this time:

I have a family in India right? An upper middle caste/class type family. My family is a narrow sect of Brahmins, my grandfather was an academic and his father was the same, and his father etc etc. Things were therefore transmitted through family culture. Of course, us modern folk are all not following that and can't, and I was after all, born in a far away land, disconnected from it all. Today, take a look at the people I grew up with. Many of them were from Protestant backgrounds, in fact 65% of the U.S. was at one time, I believe And up till the 1960's many people really tried and follow what was transmitted through family. And in the West, what was the dominant religion? Just like Brahmins dominated in the East, the Protestants did in the West. The "Boston Brahmins" what were their origins. Protestants! The Boston elite are members of Boston's traditional upper class who were associated with academia and traditional Anglo-American customs and all that stuff and passed it down to their offspring.

Of course much of it stopped working when they stopped practicing because the consequences of having scientific discovers made it harder to believe I suppose, plus many other reasons piling up over time. I attribute it also to the fact we have too many layers of philosophies and eventually the critique of God and all this was inevitable, but it should be clear that this was one of the major influences in shaping the good things we see in Western culture..
People would say that kind of nepotism is why Jews are so successful, and I agree. In curryland it’s the same with the parsis and Jains. This give you a huge advantage in society over others, but it doesn’t make a society prosper. But I’ve heard and read other people talk about how protestantism made America great before, and it’s just not something I agree with.

Christians don’t become enlightened or close to overcoming suffering. Even Jesus was screaming on the cross and wondering why god had betrayed him. All religions tell people to practice some restraint, that is superficial af to think that will stop anything. You probably know that is just repression and why christians and many other religious people secretly become degenerates.

I don't even know if you realise you are making our argument for us or what? I mean honestly you don't see how the English viewed the Monarch, the Church and the State as the most beneficial system likely ever divised?
The English scientific recolution, second agricultural revolution, industrial revolution all seem to me products of capitalism.
I don't see how you aren't able to connect Christianity and it's aid in Capitalism and in fact we might say that Protestants in New England and the breakaway from Catholicism in Europe is what AIDED in this sort of capitalism's boom, the kind which EVENTUALLY led to all the things you keep mentioning as "advancement" in America and in Science. Again, the The Protestant work Ethic and propagation of beta-male behavior and admitting of sins in such a strict way is what we (K9 and I) feel contributed to this higher level of cooperation. And you can feel that cooperation's effects all the way through WWIi as the Americans and Allies (the right form of Christianity) defeat the Nazi's (the flawed form?)
allowing people to get fame and wealth based on innovations on these fields. As for protestantism you gotta go into more detail about how specifically that influenced stuff. I can believe that it played some part, but I heavily doubt it played some deciding role like you claim.
Yeah, read above and you will see everything I said and what you are saying is just aiding my point. You just aren't willing to relinquish the idea that it played a larger role than you want to admit !

, and it’s just not something I agree with.
Yeah. Suite yourself. But the reasons have been provided, time and again. What's the other explination? You seem to want to remove that Protestants and Christian reason, and then you replace it with some vague empty thing like..."Muh Science did blossom dude"...

Yeah. Suite yourself. But the reasons have been provided, time and again. What's the other explination? You seem to want to remove that Protestants and Christian reason, and then you replace it with some vague empty thing like..."Muh Science did blossom dude"...
I’ll just keep it short and give my opinion then. The West was so successful because of the increasing liberalization of the Anglo world for a millennia, and this allowing for capitalism to create the incentives necessary for scientific innovations to lead to mass produced goods and services.

So many other society had one or more of these factors at some point, except the capitalism.

I’ll just keep it short and give my opinion then. The West was so successful because of the increasing liberalization of the Anglo world for a millennia, and this allowing for capitalism to create the incentives necessary for scientific innovations to lead to mass produced goods and services.
I don't disagree but this alone doesn't guide people. People need their spiritual and religious source and I don't think that Christianity in early America worked against these innovation and incentives. Infact, it must have helped boost it by grounding the generations in some common bond. Ex: At Church on Sundays, through marriage and many other related things.

So many other society had one or more of these factors at some point, except the capitalism.
Huh? Please re-read your statement, your last point seems to negate the points made in your first paragraph. So I'm not sure what you mean here..."except capitalism"?

Last edited:
Based. Only fools believe in religions.
Hell and Heaven are earth.
Well. This is true in the sense that it may also be what certain Christian scholars and Buddist before them were trying to say.
The only difference is earth is Heaven for good looking people, while it's hell for us subhumans.
And also, Earth hell for Idol worshipers (like worshipping people) and heaven for those who give it up.

I pretended to believe in God due to my interest in a young Black female, back in my late teenage years. I didn't receive reciprocal feelings in return, however.
I think many of us tried this...

I don't disagree but this alone doesn't guide people. People need their spiritual and religious source and I don't think that Christianity in early America worked against these innovation and incentives. Infact, it must have helped boost it by grounding the generations in some common bond. Ex: At Church on Sundays, through marriage and many other related things.
Yes, societies need a bare minimum floor they don’t fall through like they might now.

Huh? Please re-read your statement, your last point seems to negate the points made in your first paragraph. So I'm not sure what you mean here..."except capitalism"?
By that I mean capitalism is the unique element that allowed the west to prosper at an unprecedented scale when all the pre-conditions werw present. Allowing corporations to make massive investments into innovating things and making use of the new scientific discoveries.

Yes, societies need a bare minimum floor they don’t fall through like they might now.
Yeah. So what is the "bare minimum floor" now? Degeneration has no limits anymore. You can see that.
By that I mean capitalism is the unique element that allowed the west to prosper at an unprecedented scale when all the pre-conditions were present. Allowing corporations to make massive investments into innovating things and making use of the new scientific discoveries.
We're going in circles now. I already mentioned what connections I think existed between capitalism's successfulness in the West and Christianity.

Buddhist idea if enlightenment is something that they say can be achieved in this very life. It’s not some other realm you go to where everything is better or anything, it’s literally the extinguishing of suffering. And Buddhism doesn’t require you to believe in shit blindly, the Buddha literally says:

View attachment 718177

Meanwhile Christianity is blindly believing Jesus is the son of god and worshipping him (deity personality cult) and if you believe that you will go to heaven after dying (trust me bro). Otherwise you will go to hell eternally.
Ok, but after all that is said, how do you know that Buddhists' promises about enlightenment are to be believed?

You can't know what happens inside people's head so if an old Buddhist monk tells you: "I have reached enlightenment"; how do you check?

If you think of it, this claim is just as impossible to verify as Christian claims about the afterlife.

Ok, but after all that is said, how do you know that Buddhists' promises about enlightenment are to be believed?
What promises? That you will never be reborn again? That’s what materialists believe anyways.

You can't know what happens inside people's head so if an old Buddhist monk tells you: "I have reached enlightenment"; how do you check?
Buddhist monks don’t tell anyone they are enlightened and there’s no need to check. Even if you check the brains of meditators in brain scans there are big differences, and this is without being enlightened. In fact, you can start seeing visible changes to the brain after only 2 weeks of meditation in people doing like 15-30 mins a day (forgot the number).

If you think of it, this claim is just as impossible to verify as Christian claims about the afterlife.
Ignoring brain scans and changes to a person’s behaviour from meditation, there’s difference you can notice in your own mental states directly over time. Meanwhile there is absolutely no evidence any Christian can have of the afterlife. Even if he has visions of heaven, they can be dismissed as schizo hallucinations or something. But you can’t dismiss the increased positive mental states over time you get from meditation when you get them.

But you can’t dismiss the increased positive mental states over time you get from meditation when you get them.
Ok, so you have abandoned your claim about enlightenment, right? Because it cannot be verified ...

So now you are claiming that Buddhist meditation promotes "better" mental states. All right. I am ready to believe that.

Now don't you think that Christian prayer and worship can have the same result? That is my claim.

What I claim (and I am not speaking for traditional Christians here) is that Christianity makes some outlandish claims, just like Buddhism (Paradise/Nirvana-Enlightenment), in order to help sell the real benefit they both bring, which is improved mental states.

None of the outlandish claims can be tested, either in the Christian or Buddhist case. But the tangible benefits can be observed. It seems to me that in this respect, Christianity outperforms Buddhism because it distributes these benefits to a wider fraction of the population.

Last edited:
Ok, so you have abandoned your claim about enlightenment, right? Because it cannot be verified ...
I think you can probably get into similar states with drugs tbh, like psychedelics. Not sure if they are exact same, but you can have an ego death.

So now you are claiming that Buddhist meditation promotes "better" mental states. All right. I am ready to believe that.
Ok

Now don't you think that Christian prayer and worship can have the same result? That is my claim.
No, prayer is just wishful thinking. You are not training your mind. Prayer is closer to Buddhist chanting which is more like reaffirmation and such, rather than actual meditation.

What I claim (and I am not speaking for traditional Christians here) is that Christianity makes some outlandish claims, just like Buddhism (Paradise/Nirvana-Enlightenment), in order to help sell the real benefit they both bring, which is improved mental states.
Nirvana is not an outlandish claim, but going to some heaven after you die is something that is impossible to verify until you are dead.

None of the outlandish claims can be tested, either in the Christian or Buddhist case. But the tangible benefits can be observed. It seems to me that in this respect, Christianity outperforms Buddhism because it distributes these benefits to a wider fraction of the population.
The best thing that Christianity does better than Buddhism is community as Jay said, but Islam does it far better than Christianity where people meet 5 times a day to pray and for much longer on Friday.

And I think there’s also another clear part about the religions that are obvious to see. Christianity and Islam don’t know why they work or what they are doing and hide behind a mask, while Buddhism explains exactly what it is doing. Doesn’t tell you to believe anything blindly, and generally has a far better understanding of human psychology compared to any other religion.

No, prayer is just wishful thinking. You are not training your mind. Prayer is closer to Buddhist chanting which is more like reaffirmation and such, rather than actual meditation.
How do you know? Did you practice Christian prayer and worship?

How do you know? Did you practice Christian prayer and worship?
I’m literally an orthodox Jew and have practiced similar things my whole life. And if Jesus is the peak of Christianity, he was clearly suffering and in doubt on his death on the cross.

this is incredibly true. religion for centuries has been a way for the ruling class to keep the starving population docile and happy. Want to keep all of your subjects calm while their living conditions worsen? tell them the dead jew on a stick is testing their loyalty to him. truth is, life is cruel and unforgiving, and most of all, simply unfair. there's no reason why one person should be a 195 cm blonde and blue-eyed chad while the other is a 163 cm balding indian janitor, life is merely unfair. Any ideology that contradicts this basic assumption of unfairness (any form of leftism, bluepilled ideology, abrahamic faith, etc.) must be rejected in favor of looksmaxxing, iqmaxxing, readmaxxing, and basically anything more beneficial to yourself than denying the reality of our dismal situation, which is entirely due to our genes.

I’m literally an orthodox Jew and have practiced similar things my whole life.
You cannot evaluate Christianity from a Jewish orthodox POV. Christianity uses the same word "prayer" as Rabbinical Judaism but the actual meaning is very different.

Jewish prayer is pharisaic in nature and close to what Indic religions call Mantra Yoga. You have to remember that Christianity rejected this, just as Buddhism rejected pharisaic Brahminical practices.

Christian prayer is in fact a form of meditation because you are not really asking for anything. Remember that for a Christian, God already knows what the believer wants and he will grant it only if he judges that it is good for him. So there is no point in praying, really. Yet Christians pray. Why? Because they pray on such ideas: "Oh god, make me similar to your Son"; "Oh God, crush my pride and make me an obedient servant", and so on. All the while, the Christian is taught to remember the Cross and what it stands for and also other passages of scripture.

This is not "prayer" in the strictest sense, although the word is used. In fact, it is meditation under another name.

And if Jesus is the peak of Christianity, he was clearly suffering and in doubt on his death on the cross.
Jesus never existed. He is an allegory. Buddha probably never existed either. Both Jesus and Buddha are imaginary composite characters made up of some real anecdotes that must have happened to real masters (probably more than one in each case) and some wholly invented passages meant to illustrate a point of doctrine.

I’m literally an orthodox Jew and have practiced similar things my whole life. And if Jesus is the peak of Christianity, he was clearly suffering and in doubt on his death on the cross.
Which group do you belong to within Orthodox Judaism?

You cannot evaluate Christianity from a Jewish orthodox POV. Christianity uses the same word "prayer" as Rabbinical Judaism but the actual meaning is very different.
The purpose of prayer in all 3 Abrahamic religions is very similar. Jews pray 3 times a day in communion, Muslims pray 5 times a day in communion, while Christians are told to pray in private and rejected this part (at least in protestantism). So in this ritualistic aspect you are right that it is different, but this is something that is of great benefit and why protestantism nations have fractured away from communal identities. It’s not a coincidence that protestant countries are the least religious over time and people are heavily isolated, the opposite of what Jay claimed.

Jewish prayer is pharisaic in nature and close to what Indic religions call Mantra Yoga. You have to remember that Christianity rejected this, just as Buddhism rejected pharisaic Brahminical practices.
Your understanding of Jewish practices are incorrect, and so is your understanding of the historical circumstances of Buddhism.

Buddhism did not reject Mantra yoga because that did not even exist at that time. Mantras were solely a thing that were used by Brahmin priests at those times to perform sacrificial rituals from the Vedas.

Christian prayer is in fact a form of meditation because you are not really asking for anything. Remember that for a Christian, God already knows what the believer wants and he will grant it only if he judges that it is good for him. So there is no point in praying, really. Yet Christians pray. Why? Because they pray on such ideas: "Oh god, make me similar to your Son"; "Oh God, crush my pride and make me an obedient servant", and so on. All the while, the Christian is taught to remember the Cross and what it stands for and also other passages of scripture.
You sound like a Christ coper tbh, because the mental gymnastic you are performing is astounding. Do you think Jews don’t believe God doesn’t already know what we want? And why would Jews pray in communion just because of wanting something?

This is not "prayer" in the strictest sense, although the word is used. In fact, it is meditation under another name.
This is not a meditation in any way. The idea of prayers of begging to be like Jesus is not a meditation. If it’s recollecting what qualities we should strive for, then that is like Buddhist chanting rather than meditation. If it’s asking God for spiritual growth then that is not meditation either, and is a concept of prayer present in both Judaism and even the later Brahmanic tradition, like the Bhagvata Gita.

Jesus never existed. He is an allegory. Buddha probably never existed either. Both Jesus and Buddha are imaginary composite characters made up of some real anecdotes that must have happened to real masters (probably more than one in each case) and some wholly invented passages meant to illustrate a point of doctrine.
Most historians do agree they both existed, so to dismiss their existence is a cope. They have literally found the house the Buddha has said to be born in while there is plenty of Jesus of evidence for Jesus as well. I see there is more push back against Jesus’s existence cause butt hurt atheists just want to trigger some Christians.

The early Christian accounts of Jesus like that of his brother James the Just make him out to be more human and relatable. But I think anything that involves actual religious achievements, we can’t know what they did or not that is true. But we can read their philosophies that they taught, and looking at Christianity it is just another deity worshipping apocalyptic cult that got huge upgrades when the church fathers incorporated lots of Greek philosophy into their religion.

I think you can probably get into similar states with drugs tbh, like psychedelics. Not sure if they are exact same, but you can have an ego death.
So here I have quite a bit of experience in this arena. And I can promise you that psychedelics are generally dangerous and lead absolutely nowhere without the rest of the puzzle being solved, or at least without other massive pieces put together. The difference between the "Peak" and "Come-down" effects of hallucinagens and how you try to channel your trip matters a lot. And, with existing mental health worries and problems, ANY Incel who dare ever try to find some sort of meditative and calm experience using Hallucinagens better have it planned out very well with a lot of support, or they will suffer.

You will not get an "ego death" from Psychedelics like LSD or mushrooms or any. Maybe if you had a very ridgid religious structure and community you could all do mushrooms together and have a series of improved mental states BUT, it requires very trained shamans and there is always the likelihood of major disaster and or temporary permanent insanity. So sorry buddy, this is a no go!

Nirvana is not an outlandish claim, but going to some heaven after you die is something that is impossible to verify until you are dead.
Wtf? Lol. Are you taking mushrooms right now? Yes. It. Is. What you are trying to say is EUPHORIA is possible. Just ask any opioid user, but Nirvana...how can you know? How can you feel?
The best thing that Christianity does better than Buddhism is community as Jay said, but Islam does it far better than Christianity where people meet 5 times a day to pray and for much longer on Friday.
Christianity did the same in the past, with just as large groups with even more outwardly noticable benefits. I'll admit, to all religiously lost Western people, Islam does seem attractive at one point or another on our lives but..I saw the culture up close, I took Arabic and tried all this, it's the same. We can't believe in their nonsense.

And btw you want to see your Muslims cooperating so well in Curryland? Come see them go to prayer in afternoon, and then fight over goats and punch each other in evening.

Last edited:
So here I have quite a bit of experience in this arena. And I can promise you that psychedelics are generally dangerous and lead absolutely nowhere without the rest of the puzzle being solved, or at least without other massive pieces put together. You will not get an "ego death" from Psychedelics like LSD or mushrooms or any. Maybe if you had a very ridgid religious structure and community you could all do mushrooms together and have a series of improved mental states BUT, it requires very trained shamans and there is always the likelihood of major disaster and or temporary permanent insanity. So sorry buddy, this is a no go!
Set and setting. And the best drug to get it from is 5-meo dmt. I never got ego death on other psychs either.

Wtf? Lol. Are you taking mushrooms right now? Yes. It. Is. What you are trying to say is EUPHORIA is possible. Just ask any opioid user, but Nirvana...how can you know? How can you feel?
Nirvana is literally just the end of suffering, and a state where the illusion of self disappears. If you can get the feeling of consciousness with no one there with drugs, then idk why someone would lie about a similar state they claimed to get permanently.

Christianity did the same in the past, with just as large groups with even more outwardly noticable benefits. I'll admit, to all religiously lost Western people, Islam does seem attractive at one point or another on our lives but..I saw the culture up close, I took Arabic and tried all this, it's the same. We can't believe in their nonsense.
The difference between Islam and protestant christianity is that protestantism is not as communal, even though you said it was. Meanwhile Muslims pray together 5 times a day, and even non-religious Muslims will go on Fridays to meet with people they know there. So it is much harder for Islamic society to atomize and fracture like protestantism did. People turning away from religion in protestant societies seemed inevitable looking back now.

And btw you want to see your Muslims cooperating so well in Curryland? Come see them go to prayer in afternoon, and then fight over goats and punch each other in evening.
:lul: :lul: :lul:

The purpose of prayer in all 3 Abrahamic religions is very similar.
Nope. The word used is the same, but not the practice.

Islam and Rabbinical Judaism are indeed quite close, but not Christianity.

You have to remember that even Calvinist Christians pray, even though they believe in total predestination. Why do you think they pray if they cannot ask for anything (because everything is predestined)

Jews pray 3 times a day in communion, Muslims pray 5 times a day in communion, while Christians are told to pray in private and rejected this part (at least in protestantism).
Indeed (the injunction to pray in private is in the Gospels)

So in this ritualistic aspect you are right that it is different, but this is something that is of great benefit and why protestantism nations have fractured away from communal identities. It’s not a coincidence that protestant countries are the least religious over time and people are heavily isolated, the opposite of what Jay claimed.
I believe that Protestantism is the ultimate outcome of Christianity. It boosted Protestant nations to levels never before reached by humans. But then, it petered out because Christianity had pushed humanity so far from its original foundation that it made it no longer believable in its traditional form. In many ways, Christianity committed suicide while reaching its goal.

Your understanding of Jewish practices are incorrect, and so is your understanding of the historical circumstances of Buddhism.
Really? As far as I can tell, I know much more about both than you do.

Buddhism did not reject Mantra yoga because that did not even exist at that time.
Mantras and their recitation are far older than Buddhism (Rig Veda = 1200 BC at the latest). The practice of reciting Mantras as a means of meditation (in particular the syllable "AUM") goes back to the early Upanishads (Chandogya and Brihadranyaka) which are roughly contemporary with "the Buddha".

Mantras were solely a thing that were used by Brahmin priests at those times to perform sacrificial rituals from the Vedas.
Nope. See this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pranava_yoga and this https://www.yogabasics.com/learn/yoga-101-an-introduction/mantra-yoga/

You sound like a Christ coper tbh, because the mental gymnastic you are performing is astounding. Do you think Jews don’t believe God doesn’t already know what we want? And why would Jews pray in communion just because of wanting something?
Then it is meditation too, right? Except that if it is done in communion, it is not. If you do it in public, it means that it has become a pharisaic routine meaning: "see how righteous I am!" and therefore a thing of pride which actually increases tanha instead of decreasing them.

That is why Christian are told not to pray in public.

This is not a meditation in any way. The idea of prayers of begging to be like Jesus is not a meditation.
It is because you are not really asking anything (God will give you what he will give you, regardless of what you do, especially if you are Calvinist). What you are doing is in fact performing an Asana (a Yogic mental posture) by placing yourself in the mental state of a servant. This is also well known in Indic traditions, where it is called bhakti Yoga (devotion Yoga), for example in the Baghavad Gita.

Most historians do agree they both existed, so to dismiss their existence is a cope.
What kind of "historians"? Christian Scholars?

They have literally found the house the Buddha has said to be born in while there is plenty of Jesus of evidence for Jesus as well.
Absolutely not. The "Buddha's house" is a legend absolutely not endorsed by any serious archeologists. There is no evidence of Jesus apart from the Gospels. The Jesus of the Gospels is not even mentioned in Paul's letters, which were written earlier.

The early Christian accounts of Jesus like that of his brother James the Just make him out to be more human and relatable.
What text are you referring to? The Epistle of James? It does not talk about Jesus at all. All other texts are obvious late forgeries.

You have preconceived ideas about religion, which are pretty much the same as standard blupiller lefties. What I am arguing for is a novel way to look at religions, including Judaism, Islam, Christianity and the Indic tradition. The synthesis is mine but the scholarship it is based on is quite uncontroversial and mainstream among religious history scholars.

Instead of calmly considering what I am saying, you are hyperventilating and finding every possible way to reject it. The question is why? Why are you doing this?

The answer is simple: you are afraid that I might have had an original idea that you did not have. And then of course, it is the ultimate catastrophe: "Oh, my God, maybe this guy is a genius and, if he is, it means he is superior to me, Aaaaaaargh!"

That is your problem. Because you believe that certain people can be "superior" because they are "geniuses", or some other nonsense notion, you are stuck in a form of elitism that bites its own tail. Because you theoretically admit the possibility of "superior" people, you can never accept it in practice because that would force you to fall on your knees and worship them.

This is one of the main benefits of Christianity: it rejects any form of human superiority. Everyone is equally in total subjection to God.

Christianity is the only religion that fully conceptualizes the universal equality between men, without leaving any loophole.

@JayGoptri

Last edited:
Christianity is just neoplatonism with kabbalistic and hermetic influences slapped on top of it. Even Hegel grasped this basic fact.
Sure, but Hermeticism and Kabbalah are just derivatives of Plato anyways, except the former applies to a Pagan version of Jesus and the Gospel (Hermes Trismegestus, or Hermes, or even Lucifer), the latter applies to Judaism.

I believe that Protestantism is the ultimate outcome of Christianity. It boosted Protestant nations to levels never before reached by humans. But then, it petered out because Christianity had pushed humanity so far from its original foundation that it made it no longer believable in its traditional form. In many ways, Christianity committed suicide while reaching its goal.
Honestly yes. From the very beginnings of Christianity there was an attitude of deconstructing cultural practices and superstitions and pursuing the rational "truth" for the purposes of apologetics towards Christianity (Let's get rid of the Thor tree, it's superstition to venerate a tree!). Even Saint Irenaeus de Lyons mocked the pagans for believing that their deities were involved in wars; after all, if the gods were helping the Romans in wars, why did the gods fail in some wars; and what about wars where both sides were praying to the same gods?

Unfortunately, Christianity embraced this same spirit of deconstruction and cynicism to the point that it became cynical of itself (Resulting in the Protestant Reformation, where Sainthood, magical relics, the Sacraments, icons / statues to venerate, monasticism, magical liturgical rituals, and ritualistic languages were all deconstructed as superstitious), eventually eating itself like an Ouroboros with the Enlightenment and Evolution Theory, where the myths of the Bible were deconstructed.

All we have now is a lingering, fading shadow of Christian moralisms, but that's already mostly disappeared with Gen Z, and Generation Alpha will be total degeneracy.

Set and setting. And the best drug to get it from is 5-meo dmt. I never got ego death on other psychs either.
DMT = eww. And unbelievably high potential for instant psychosis because of the short duration which means users will want to experience it over and over in a short time frame once they enjoy the initial use. Thus the potential for damage which you can not undo is increased as well.. Nothing to be gained. Smoke some grass and be content with it. That's all.
Nirvana is literally just the end of suffering, and a state where the illusion of self disappears. If you can get the feeling of consciousness with no one there with drugs, then idk why someone would lie about a similar state they claimed to get permanently.
Yeah. Sorry no. Nirvana is that in theory, but we'll, you don't have it and so moot point to discuss whether it works. If you had it, we wouldn't find you here.
The difference between Islam and protestant christianity is that protestantism is not as communal, even though you said it was.
In the past it was, and yes maybe it's not as communicated in the sense of close physical proximal, but I believe it's effects can still have worked in a church sitting together.
Meanwhile Muslims pray together 5 times a day, and even non-religious Muslims will go on Fridays to meet with people they know there. So it is much harder for Islamic society to atomize and fracture like protestantism did.
Fair point but, again, lift up their veil on women and/or go into their homes (esp for many Muslims in the West) and see that it's not working that well.
People turning away from religion in protestant societies seemed inevitable looking back now.
Yeah. But come on man. This is somewhat true for all the religious people in 2023, I think..

Last edited:
All we have now is a lingering, fading shadow of Christian moralisms, but that's already mostly disappeared with Gen Z, and Generation Alpha will be total degeneracy.
Yes. Agreed. And this is so palpable in the way we grow up. I remember having this frustrating feeling at why my cousins in India didn't understand my cynicism or my skeptical lines of thought, and I rejected that it could have anything to do with Christianity and it's morphology or "downfall" in the West, IIn America. But then, later on it started to make sense. Something has to be powerful as a force for cinema to convey certain feelings. Like the way we understand broken characters in Western literature and for the last 50-70 years in film. It's how we eventually arrive at a Walter White from Breaking Bad or a character like Walt Kowalski (Client Eastwood) in Gran Torino and many other films.

Anglicanism is a weird one. It was made solely due to the king wanting to get a divorce. But how did Protestantism do make people cooperate exactly, in such a way that was unlike anything before? Anglos were already set to mog the rest of Europe with government changes like magna carta, john locke, and much more. Power was being removed naturally from their monarchs, unlike anyone else that existed in Europe who till this day support authoritarian control in one way or another.
The idea that Anglicanism just was invented because the King wanted a divorce is very simplistic and a Catholic myth. The bias towards Protestantism was already there in the 14th century in England with John Wycliffe espousing Protestant beliefs and translating the Bible into English for the Masses to read; a lot of it is due to the fact that England is pretty remote from Italy and didn't like having a Pope friendly with Spain, France, and the HRE meddling with it's politics.

Aside from Henry VIII, the logic of Anglicanism out of all Protestant sects is probably the most sound. Basically, Jesus established an institutional Church and consecrated Bishops who contained the fullness of the Church (which is basic Nicene dogma), but over time, especially compared to the Early Church Fathers, various Churches began to accrue a bunch of non-essential stuff (like mandated Latin, the Papacy, Purgatory, miraculous icons, types of bread to be used, etc.) that lead to schisms while the fundamental substance of the Faith was kept in tact, but because each Bishop comes from the Apostles and contains the entirety of the Church within their authority, the Church isn't actually divided here on Earth. Therefore, let's get rid of all of this non-essential stuff and be like the Early Church Fathers, so we can be as close to the Early Church as possible while minimizing divisions here on Earth.

The problem you get with Anglicanism though is that it begs the question of "what is non-essential and what is", such that you have High-Church Anglicans who believe it essential to pray to Saints and believe in a Priesthood; but you also get Puritans too.

It actually took the Papacy a while to respond to this and their response was rather than try to argue the logic of Anglicanism, they simply said that the Anglican Bishop orders were invalid because their rites deviated too much from the Nicene forms. But they had to admit the Eastern Orthodox Bishop consecrations were valid and therefore contained the Church, which created a logical error that Roman Catholicism still struggles with to this day as to whether the Eastern Orthodox Church is truly the Catholic Church or not - because technically, they are in schism and in mortal sin (And therefore outside the Church), but each of their Bishops are Catholic Bishops
(therefore contain the fullness of the Church). Pope John Paul II and Pope Benedict XVI called them Sister Churches, but if they are sister Churches, why convert? Aren't the Eastern Orthodox Church members saved? Why are we in schism then?

The Papacy also doesn't know how to address the Old Catholics who tend to have the Old Catholic Rite of Consecration and Bishops with Apostolic Succession, but are in the Anglican Communion.

Last edited:
That is your problem. Because you believe that certain people can be "superior" because they are "geniuses", or some other nonsense notion, you are stuck in a form of elitism that bites its own tail. Because you theoretically admit the possibility of "superior" people, you can never accept it in practice because that would force you to fall on your knees and worship them.
@Copexodius Maximus - Done & Dusted.

Nope. The word used is the same, but not the practice.

Islam and Rabbinical Judaism are indeed quite close, but not Christianity.

You have to remember that even Calvinist Christians pray, even though they believe in total predestination. Why do you think they pray if they cannot ask for anything (because everything is predestined)

Indeed (the injunction to pray in private is in the Gospels)
Prayers are pretty much the same imo. They just lack the communal aspect that led to protestantism fracturing.

I don’t agree protestantism did anything special. If any religion should get respect for bringing Europe to the rise, it’s Catholicism imo.

Really? As far as I can tell, I know much more about both than you do.
Cope

Mantras and their recitation are far older than Buddhism (Rig Veda = 1200 BC at the latest).
I literally said that mantras were originally done to perform sacrifices of vedic rituals. You are wrong about this by denying it.

The practice of reciting Mantras as a means of meditation (in particular the syllable "AUM") goes back to the early Upanishads (Chandogya and Brihadranyaka) which are roughly contemporary with "the Buddha".
Nope. See this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pranava_yoga and this https://www.yogabasics.com/learn/yoga-101-an-introduction/mantra-yoga/
I read those links and it doesn’t support mantra being used as meditation techniques in the early upanishads. There are many techniques present that use Om, the main one is it being a sound you hear in the head even in silence and called the unstruck sound.

I think it’s much more likely the mantra techniques are a later development, as they aren’t specifically mentioned in any text from those times. Buddhist texts didn’t even acknowledge the existence of such a technique, either supporting or discouraging it even though they had constant talks with Brahmin sages. And neither do these texts describe any traditions of having such practices.
https://www.yogabasics.com/learn/yoga-101-an-introduction/mantra-yoga/
Then it is meditation too, right? Except that if it is done in communion, it is not. If you do it in public, it means that it has become a pharisaic routine meaning: "see how righteous I am!" and therefore a thing of pride which actually increases tanha instead of decreasing them.

That is why Christian are told not to pray in public.
So praying in private is now a meditation? Jfl, what? And your explanation of it being different than Judaism (like wanting to be like Jesus) still doesn’t explain how it is a meditation. Those just sound like affirmations, or similar to Buddhist chanting rather than meditation.

It is because you are not really asking anything (God will give you what he will give you, regardless of what you do, especially if you are Calvinist). What you are doing is in fact performing an Asana (a Yogic mental posture) by placing yourself in the mental state of a servant. This is also well known in Indic traditions, where it is called bhakti Yoga (devotion Yoga), for example in the Baghavad Gita.

What kind of "historians"? Christian Scholars?

Absolutely not. The "Buddha's house" is a legend absolutely not endorsed by any serious archeologists. There is no evidence of Jesus apart from the Gospels. The Jesus of the Gospels is not even mentioned in Paul's letters, which were written earlier.
Non-religious scholars mostly all agree Jesus existed. It’s pretty much almost a scholarly consensus. And Buddha’s house is not a legend jfl, the literal house was found buried underneath the spot tradition said it was, and was underneath a shrine or something. It dates to around the Buddha’s time as well. But even the Buddha has a scholarly consensus on him having existed.

What text are you referring to? The Epistle of James? It does not talk about Jesus at all. All other texts are obvious late forgeries.
If you don’t know about James the Just, then you clearly don’t really know much about Christian history. He is identified by all traditions as the brother of Jesus (although some that believe in Mary’s perpetual virginity and claim he is Joseph’s son from a previous marriage). He’s where the early church of the Jewish Christian tradition came from and different than Pauline Christianity.

You have preconceived ideas about religion, which are pretty much the same as standard blupiller lefties. What I am arguing for is a novel way to look at religions, including Judaism, Islam, Christianity and the Indic tradition. The synthesis is mine but the scholarship it is based on is quite uncontroversial and mainstream among religious history scholars.
You sound like a religion reinterpretor who is just making excuses for why people shoukd follow religion, and want to attribute all the success of the west to christianity through a back door.

Instead of calmly considering what I am saying, you are hyperventilating and finding every possible way to reject it. The question is why? Why are you doing this?
The answer is simple: you are afraid that I might have had an original idea that you did not have. And then of course, it is the ultimate catastrophe: "Oh, my God, maybe this guy is a genius and, if he is, it means he is superior to me, Aaaaaaargh!"

This is one of the main benefits of Christianity: it rejects any form of human superiority. Everyone is equally in total subjection to God.

Christianity is the only religion that fully conceptualizes the universal equality between men, without leaving any loophole.
Ah yes, the universal equality of sending everyone not part of you cult for eternal hellfire, while people who believe will all go to heaven no matter what they do (according to most forms of protestantism).

I don’t agree protestantism did anything special. If any religion should get respect for bringing Europe to the rise, it’s Catholicism imo.
But Catholicism caused Protestantism. Based on the totality of circumstances that happened, Catholicism produced Protestantism which then caused Christianity to eat its own tail.

DMT = eww. And unbelievably high potential for instant psychosis because of the short duration which means users will want to experience it over and over in a short time frame once they enjoy the initial use. Thus the potential for damage which you can not undo is increased as well.. Nothing to be gained. Smoke some grass and be content with it. That's all.
5-meo dmt is different than nn-dmt, but it is a safe psychedelics long term. Just make sure you have someone there though in case you puke.

Yeah. Sorry no. Nirvana is that in theory, but we'll, you don't have it and so moot point to discuss whether it works. If you had it, we wouldn't find you here.
I’m not a practicing Buddhist jfl. And unfortunately 5-meo dmt has an eventual comedown.

In the past it was, and yes maybe it's not as communicated in the sense of close physical proximal, but I believe it's effects can still have worked in a church sitting together.
Personally your argument for protestantism doesn’t seem convincing to me. If you had said catholicism that argument would have made a lot more sense to me.

Fair point but, again, lift up their veil on women and/or go into their homes (esp for many Muslims in the West) and see that it's not working that we'll.
Yes, when the dominant culture is non-muslim it’s not going to work as well. Although it’s collapsing all over the world now because of technology, just much slower in certain religions with more resiliency.