• We're currently using incels.is as a temporary domain. Read why here!

Blackpill [STUDY] Human touch makes us feel happy and relaxed, couples sleeping together have better REM sleep, autistic people are hormonally sleep impaired

"Why do you care about sex and relationships??? :soy::soy:"

Simply sleeping in the same bed as your gf/wife will improve your sleep. Simply being touched by someone will release hormones that will relax you, make you feel happy and positive and thus also help you to sleep

"Bed-Sharing in Couples Is Associated With Increased and Stabilized REM Sleep and Sleep-Stage Synchronization"

"Results: As compared to sleeping individually, co-sleeping was associated with about 10% more REM sleep, less fragmented REM sleep (p = 0.008), longer undisturbed REM fragments (p = 0.0006), and more limb movements (p = 0.007)."

:feelsStudy: This is interesting but from what I've read they don't really have a clear explanation as for why this is the case

:feelsstudy: I have a hypothesis which i will back up with studies:

Hypothesis: Bed-sharing couples sleep better because of human touch. Human touch produces serotonin which is a precursor of melatonin, the hormone of sleep

:feelsStudy: Let's back up the fact that simple human touch will increase your serotonin level

Cortisol decreases and serotonin and dopamine increase following massage therapy

In studies in which cortisol was assayed either in saliva or in urine, significant decreases were noted in cortisol levels (averaging decreases 31%). In studies in which the activating neurotransmitters (serotonin and dopamine) were assayed in urine, an average increase of 28% was noted for serotonin and an average increase of 31% was noted for dopamine.

:feelsStudy: The decrease in cortisol and increase in dopamine are already interesting but it is the serotonin increase that interests me the most

Serotonin is a neurotransmitter that is associated with relaxation, positivity, a sense of feeling good etc. It's the happiness drug of our body.
That alone sounds like it would help you sleep right? Well it gets better: serotonin is a precursor of melatonin, the hormone of sleep (see pic below)

:feelsstudy: Melatonin regulates our circadian rythm (the body's internal clock in layman's terms) and it is the key to good sleep. Melatonin is often used to treat sleep disorders or to promote a better sleep. I've put 2 studies on melatonin in the spoiler if you're interested

The effectiveness of melatonin for promoting healthy sleep: a rapid evidence assessment of the literature​

Meta-Analysis: Melatonin for the Treatment of Primary Sleep Disorders​

:blackpill: IF YOU ARE LONELY YOU'RE MISSING OUT ON GOOD SLEEP ON TOP OF EVERYTHING ELSE

BONUS BLACKPILL: Autistic people are known to have disturbances in the serotonin-melatonin pathway. They're sleep impaired on a hormonal level
If you're autistic and have trouble sleeping it could be because of your autism. Roughly 50-80% of autistic children suffer from sleep disorders

Can't fucking catch a break ffs @Atavistic Autist

WHITEPILL: Supplementing Melatonin did help autistic people sleep, but it did not fix the problem entirely

:feelsstudy: But if supplementing melatonin helped autistic people sleep then I think being in a relationship would also help them. But we all know how fucked those people are when it comes to dating ...

@Selinity @soymonkcel

@SergeantIncel @Master

Last edited:
FlyFace

FlyFace

Memento Mori
★★★
23d 3h 42m
Loneliness kills.. we are social animals. This is literal baby tier knowledge yet because of Fem propaganda it's been culturally "forgotten" aka stamped out by the Gynocracy. Which is why the suicide rate for Males is so high. Touch starvation is killing Men in great proportions in a way similar to how a Genocide would be planned. The Gynocracy is only too happy to keep lying to Men in an attempt to get them to kill themselves. Giving Foids power and rights leads to mass cruelty.

FrailPaleStaleMale

FrailPaleStaleMale

Hopeless addict druggicel
★★★★★
91d 15h 45m
Unironically how a lot of people that don't suffer inceldom think ngl
Just ask anyone here that has had to deal with loud noise at night from others and being unsuccessful in getting them to stop. That's why this goes beyonds getting laid. This affects every single aspect of your physiological being. Probably next there will be evidence that depression can give you digestive issues.
Oh wait
Tbh. There's ample studies that show that the way we are treated and forced to live is damaging to not only our mental health but our physical health and lifespan. Anything we either need or desire is deemed a luxury for us by other people, to them we shouldn't have anything. To them we should be "greatful" or someshit that they allow us to live. Even though they constantly just edge us closer to death every step of the way while taking some sort of twisted moral high ground. They want us dead tbh. They want us suffering for every second we aren't dead.

Gymcelled

Gymcelled

Genetically shackled to hell
★★★★★
114d 22h 44m
Loneliness kills.. we are social animals. This is literal baby tier knowledge yet because of Fem propaganda it's been culturally "forgotten" aka stamped out by the Gynocracy. Which is why the suicide rate for Males is so high. Touch starvation is killing Men in great proportions in a way similar to how a Genocide would be planned. The Gynocracy is only too happy to keep lying to Men in an attempt to get them to kill themselves. Giving Foids power and rights leads to mass cruelty.
People lie about everything these days
After all a big chunk of the population is convinced that women don't care about looks. Or if they think they do they believe it's only things that can be changed like clothes, haircut etc

People will tell us to go monk mode and live like hermits, telling "it's not like food or water, you won't die from loneliness :soy:"

Fuck this clown world

Detro

Detro

Blackcel
★★
7d 17h 2m
I literally can't remember any time I went to sleep and woke up truly refereshed.
I always wake up feeling more tired than when I went to sleep. After going back to sleep or forcing myself awake I go back to neutral at best.

happiless

happiless

Overlord
★★★★★
115d 21h 40m
The only reason I can sleep a full night is because of 1 of my antidepressants that makes me sleepy. If I'm visiting my parents, sober and I forgot to bring some I get about 1-3 hours of sleep

Schizoidcel

Schizoidcel

★★★★★
5d 6h 45m
One of nature's & female ways to reduce undesirable males' lifespan. We shouldn't have been born.

lifeisbullshit95

lifeisbullshit95

Another day another mental breakdown.
★★★★★
18d 19h 35m
I don't know who are these motherfuckers with their experiments but i hate to sleep with someone.

Sitokirment

Sitokirment

Fascist, Enemy of my Species, Complete Shitbag
★★
7d 9h 10m
Cuddling with my niece are some of my happiest moments

N-Digger

N-Digger

aussiecel
★★★★
56d 4h 44m
Confirming that last point about Autistic people getting a worse quality of sleep. I have Autism and no matter how much I sleep I am always tired and every day it will about an hour or two for my mind to truly "wake up" to where it's functioning at normal levels. Bag under eyes have been with me for years and do not ever go away, this makes me look perpetually tired and negatively impacts my SMV. Combine this with extremely pale skin from only going out of the house rarely and it looks quite bad.
I've also been diagnosed with sleep apnea and have to wear a breathing mask every single night for probably the rest of my life if technology doesn't improve to provide a better solution.

I just realised while typing this out that I have an uncanny resemblance to my profile picture on this site in real life. Choosing it wasn't intentional for that reason but it was a interesting coincidence.

Last edited:
Gymcelled

Gymcelled

★★★★★
114d 22h 44m
Confirming that last point about Autistic people getting a worse quality of sleep. I have Autism and no matter how much I sleep I am always tired and every day it will about an hour or two for my mind to truly "wake up" to where it's functioning at normal levels. Bag under eyes have been with me for years and do not ever go away, this makes me look perpetually tired and negatively impacts my SMV. Combine this with extremely pale skin from only going out of the house rarely and it looks quite bad.
I've also been diagnosed with sleep apnea and have to wear a breathing mask every single night for probably the rest of my life if technology doesn't improve to provide a better solution.

I just realised while typing this out that I have an uncanny resemblance to my profile picture on this site in real life. Choosing it wasn't intentional for that reason but it was a interesting coincidence.
You probably can't get much REM sleep :feelsbadman:
You should try melatonin, it should give you a bit more REM sleep and it's not expensive

PPEcel

PPEcel

Paragon
★★★★★
122d 19h 31m
TheIncredibleIncel

TheIncredibleIncel

Veteran
★★
16d 7h 32m

^When a normie says that sex is overrated and doesn't really matter all that much

Love this meme.

Also this thread reminds me of how rabbits died of loneliness.

soymonkcel

soymonkcel

Trying to reach longevity escape velocity.
★★★
30d 15h 58m
"Why do you care about sex and relationships??? :soy::soy:"

Simply sleeping in the same bed as your gf/wife will improve your sleep. Simply being touched by someone will release hormones that will relax you, make you feel happy and positive and thus also help you to sleep

"Bed-Sharing in Couples Is Associated With Increased and Stabilized REM Sleep and Sleep-Stage Synchronization"

"Results: As compared to sleeping individually, co-sleeping was associated with about 10% more REM sleep, less fragmented REM sleep (p = 0.008), longer undisturbed REM fragments (p = 0.0006), and more limb movements (p = 0.007)."

:feelsStudy: This is interesting but from what I've read they don't really have a clear explanation as for why this is the case

:feelsstudy: I have a hypothesis which i will back up with studies:

Hypothesis: Bed-sharing couples sleep better because of human touch. Human touch produces serotonin which is a precursor of melatonin, the hormone of sleep

:feelsStudy: Let's back up the fact that simple human touch will increase your serotonin level

Cortisol decreases and serotonin and dopamine increase following massage therapy

In studies in which cortisol was assayed either in saliva or in urine, significant decreases were noted in cortisol levels (averaging decreases 31%). In studies in which the activating neurotransmitters (serotonin and dopamine) were assayed in urine, an average increase of 28% was noted for serotonin and an average increase of 31% was noted for dopamine.

:feelsStudy: The decrease in cortisol and increase in dopamine are already interesting but it is the serotonin increase that interests me the most

Serotonin is a neurotransmitter that is associated with relaxation, positivity, a sense of feeling good etc. It's the happiness drug of our body.
That alone sounds like it would help you sleep right? Well it gets better: serotonin is a precursor of melatonin, the hormone of sleep (see pic below)

:feelsstudy: Melatonin regulates our circadian rythm (the body's internal clock in layman's terms) and it is the key to good sleep. Melatonin is often used to treat sleep disorders or to promote a better sleep. I've put 2 studies on melatonin in the spoiler if you're interested

The effectiveness of melatonin for promoting healthy sleep: a rapid evidence assessment of the literature​

Meta-Analysis: Melatonin for the Treatment of Primary Sleep Disorders​

:blackpill: IF YOU ARE LONELY YOU'RE MISSING OUT ON GOOD SLEEP ON TOP OF EVERYTHING ELSE

View attachment 390918

BONUS BLACKPILL: Autistic people are known to have disturbances in the serotonin-melatonin pathway. They're sleep impaired on a hormonal level
If you're autistic and have trouble sleeping it could be because of your autism. Roughly 50-80% of autistic children suffer from sleep disorders

Can't fucking catch a break ffs @Atavistic Autist

WHITEPILL: Supplementing Melatonin did help autistic people sleep, but it did not fix the problem entirely

:feelsstudy: But if supplementing melatonin helped autistic people sleep then I think being in a relationship would also help them. But we all know how fucked those people are when it comes to dating ...

@Selinity @soymonkcel

@SergeantIncel @Master
Very good post once again. Affection isn't in the tier 3 of the A. Maslow's hierarchy of needs by chance. When I see the sheep (in the town I'm living now) at night, I see them all sleeping very close to each other; that can't be by chance either, because they do that even in summertime.

I wonder now: in case robowaifus were here very soon (don't think so)... would they be able to fulfill this (getting better REM sleep by being by our side)? I have serious doubts. Maybe the warmth and chemicals from a woman could make a sensible difference. Who knows?

Gymcelled

Gymcelled

★★★★★
114d 22h 44m
Very good post once again. Affection isn't in the tier 3 of the A. Maslow's hierarchy of needs by chance. When I see the sheep (in the town I'm living now) at night, I see them all sleeping very close to each other; that can't be by chance either, because they do that even in summertime.

I wonder now: in case robowaifus were here very soon (don't think so)... would they be able to fulfill this (getting better REM sleep by being by our side)? I have serious doubts. Maybe the warmth and chemicals from a woman could make a sensible difference. Who knows?
First the robotwaifus would have to not be banned because of foid anger and pressure

Almost every scientific advancement ended up fucking men over and benefiting women, I can't see robot waifus being a thing

Lonelycel

Lonelycel

Misogynistic bone structure and features
★★★★★
45d 1h 34m
Could you replicate this with a large teddy bear perhaps?

Mulattocel

Mulattocel

Veteran
★★★
32d 21h 55m
I get maybe one peaceful night of sleep every 3 weeks

Loner94

Loner94

Veteran
21d 19h 1m
..and femoids think they have it bad lmao they have no idea.

Gymcelled

Gymcelled

★★★★★
114d 22h 44m
Could you replicate this with a large teddy bear perhaps?
I think this is why body pillows are a thing. Some people say they bring comfort to them.
Same thing with weighted blankets

cowboy-emoji

cowboy-emoji

Recruit
★★★★★
7d 12h 23m
negative iq normies will see this thread and instantly think you are advocating for forced gf's.

on another note, imagine all the damage we take from years of being lonely.

Gymcelled

Gymcelled

★★★★★
114d 22h 44m
negative iq normies will see this thread and instantly think you are advocating for forced gf's.

on another note, imagine all the damage we take from years of being lonely.
Because whenever women and soys complain about something, ANYTHING, what immediately follows (or what is implied) is that they want the government to come in and give them what they want or lack. It's pure projection on their part, as always

Some of us are damaged beyond repair at this point tbh

mänline

mänline

Half man, full child (of God)
★★
37d 17h 56m
The funny thing is, while females are probably never are forced to loneliness, they would probably even gain attraction when they have such weaknesses. Also, the Damsel in distress is a legit social and mating strategy - if on purpose or not. A man who has problems and needs is a potentially dangerous and a dispensible creature, and when he even laments about it, he loses it all.
I literally can't remember any time I went to sleep and woke up truly refereshed.
I always wake up feeling more tired than when I went to sleep. After going back to sleep or forcing myself awake I go back to neutral at best.
I work in shift work and besides the disadvantage that my sleep rhythm is often a chaos, I can sleep in late and night shift wake up, when I truly feel so. Strangely I am often not more or less energetic after 10 hours than after 4 hours.

Last edited:
Words2_live_bye

Words2_live_bye

What a Shame ...
★★★★★
87d 9h 17m
i'm autistic and i peed the bed up until i was 15
and i still have problems sleeping

BlkPillPres

BlkPillPres

I'm Not A Monster, I'm Just Ahead Of The Curve
★★★★★
96d 21h 2m
IDK man, I just jerk off when its getting close to sleep time so when I get to bed I go out like a rock. Men are biologically designed to rest and even sleep afterwards (look it up). So maybe some incels just need to be more strategic about their fap sessions rather than just fapping randomly 3 times a day lol

your personality

your personality

‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎
★★★★★
108d 17h 17m
Because whenever women and soys complain about something, ANYTHING, what immediately follows (or what is implied) is that they want the government to come in and give them what they want or lack. It's pure projection on their part, as always
Density of a neutron star in kg/m^3 IQ.

Gymcelled

Gymcelled

★★★★★
114d 22h 44m
IDK man, I just jerk off when its getting close to sleep time so when I get to bed I go out like a rock. Men are biologically designed to rest and even sleep afterwards (look it up). So maybe some incels just need to be more strategic about their fap sessions rather than just fapping randomly 3 times a day lol
Yup I've read articles on that. Strangely enough cumming wakes me up. I think it's because I want to fap more than once

Density of a neutron star in kg/m^3 IQ.
That's a good one :feelsautistic:

FUCKITALLREEE

FUCKITALLREEE

5'7 LDARing Neet Truecel
★★★★
65d 8h 23m
SirIncel

SirIncel

Veteran
★★★★★
22d 12h 30m
That's why I sleep in the same bed with my cat every night. It's obviously much worse than a human but so much better than nothing.

Indari

Indari

level 13,000 onani master
★★★★★
115d 8h 26m
They microdosing psilocybin

soymonkcel

soymonkcel

Trying to reach longevity escape velocity.
★★★
30d 15h 58m
First the robotwaifus would have to not be banned because of foid anger and pressure

Almost every scientific advancement ended up fucking men over and benefiting women, I can't see robot waifus being a thing
Sad to admit this, but it looks plausible.