Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Theory My Response to the "Correlation Doesn't Equal Causation Fallacy"

DarkStar

DarkStar

nevER lose your smile⚡⚡
★★★★★
We commonly see this thrown around quite a bit, oftentimes, by the mainstream in order to further their narrative: I have also heard it re-iterated at various points in my education, both lower & higher levels of it.

From an objective standpoint, the "rule" does seem to somewhat make sense: All because a heavy correlation exists doesn't imply it directly caused the phenomenon which we are observing, right?

However, this neglects nuance on various levels.

It forgets that correlations often are a pattern, which showcases to us two traits may generally overlap with one another: Noticing patterns is very important of course, since that's effectively how the blackpill was first theorized. As is a similar case for many other theories, such as those on race, religion, culture, neurodiversity, etc.

In a way, it perhaps provides sort of "clues" to us that they are somewhat interlinked: Almost as if an "undercurrent" is somehow impacting the phenomena influencing both things, thus creating a heavy correlation between the two of them.

GK6GlH6XEAEygmg

Unless you have a peer reviewed study your pattern recognition is meaningless.

They are just making excuses for us to believe in anecdotes.

Users who are viewing this thread

shape1
shape2
shape3
shape4
shape5
shape6
Back