Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Serious It’s interesting how much people’s avis affects your perception of them.

ColdLightOfDay

ColdLightOfDay

Serge’s alt.
★★★★★
This is basically a microcosm of looks theory and the halo effect. If someone has a picture of a Chad for their avi (I have no idea why people choose this) I usually interpret their writings on this site as coming from a place of deeper confidence, as opposed to people who choose obvious incel archetypes or lolis in which the opposite effect is realised. The same can be said for someone who has a sarcastic looking character as their avi image, their writings come accross more sarcastic and less literal.

Even though we know these are not real pictures of these people our brains are hardwired to prioritise physical features when analysing another person we are communicating with, this is why you often hear people say things like; “he said all the right things but gave me an uneasy feeling.” The visual aspect of the person’s demeanour overshadows the positive content of what they were saying.

If your perception of someone can be subconsciously altered by the meaningless choice of what image they choose to represent themself in an online forum, then imagine how much your actual face is counting against you in the non-virtual world with real interpersonal interactions.

In other words, it doesn’t matter what you say. The way you come across to people will be much more influenced by your physical characteristics.

I've noticed this too, it's hilarious that the importance of looks comes into play on even this level. The world is skin deep.

What about my avi?

tfw automatically like posters with anime avatars and hate people with chad avatars

My avi creates feelings of overwhelm and utter respect and manliness

What if it's an anime chad?
I find it has a similar haloing effect but not to the same extent, probably because it subconsciously tells you the poster is a weeb.

I am honest my brain wants to fuck posters with animeavatars.
TL;DR good blackpill. Looks is all.

I am honest my brain wants to fuck posters with animeavatars.
TL;DR good blackpill. Looks is all.
I was wondering if there was going to be someone saying this, it appears the effect is even stronger than first evaluation would suggest.

Yo losers
I'm what you call Chad
Just be yourself

avi halo is legit tbh

My avi creates feelings of overwhelm and utter respect and manliness
What is your avi even? it looks like Khomeini in his youth
Also i fully agree with this thread, if someone has a cute anime waifu avatar i immediately think they're "Cute/feminine" irl and it makes me want to bone them.

How do you perceive me when you see my avatar?

So I can turn into a high IQ poster just by changing my avi?

What about mine

8f6ef2ad249c9644490176449548cf9933c3aafd2bb23b71fdafcae79b523c85.gif

Another point- I remember others by their avatars, not their usernames. Seriously, even if it's a well known, prolific member, once their signature and avatar is changed, I often lose track of their entire identity.

People who choose models as their AVI means they want to look like that and live the life of pure glory it's pretty simple.

My avi creates feelings of anguish, hopelessness and resentment
Another point- I remember others by their avatars, not their usernames. Seriously, even if it's a well known, prolific member, once their signature and avatar is changed, I often lose track of their entire identity.
This totally true tho, i cannot identify a poster anymore if he changes his avi

People who choose models as their AVI means they want to look like that and live the life of pure glory it's pretty simple.
Good description of 90% of lookismfags

My avi creates feelings of anguish, hopelessness and resentment

This totally true tho, i cannot identify a poster anymore if he changes his avi
Typically why I always use the same anime character for my profile, though my signature has evolved a lot.

this, ill completely forget some people even existed if their avatar changed

What're y'all's thoughts on my Avi?

<---------- plane fapping curry is the best on this forum.

should probably change my avatar

@Rope Gang has the worst avatar here. It subconsciously makes me think he is a normie larper

What message does my avi send?

My avi halos me for sure.

Remember, the person behind this account is a 2/10 high T ogre in his 30s with a super long midface and big keloid scars. I think this would be easier to imagine if I was one of the guys with an anime girl as my avi because it's very well known that most people with such avis are ugly men....it's almost a meme at this point. But the same thing applies to guys with anime guy avatars.

Only 3 types of people have avis of anime guys:

1) Teenagers
2) Weeb girls
3) Sub4 truecel men

My avi halos me for sure.

Remember, the person behind this account is a 2/10 high T ogre in his 30s with a super long midface and big keloid scars. I think this would be easier to imagine if I was one of the guys with an anime girl as my avi because it's very well known that most people with such avis are ugly men....it's almost a meme at this point. But the same thing applies to guys with anime guy avatars.

Only 3 types of people have avis of anime guys:

1) Teenagers
2) Weeb girls
3) Sub4 truecel men
Yeah, I have often interpreted you as pensive and calculated because of the stare of your avi.

I've noticed this too. I think I'm one of two posters that their avi's reference death. (the other is a gif of a guy swinging from a noose @Creep )

I have to say I was extremely surprised to find so many avatars of handsome guys, and just as surprised for all of the anime ones. Not what I expected from this forum!

I kind of appreciate people with no avatars - its closer to erasing their individualities and letting their messages stand on their own merit.

Last edited:
I've noticed this too. I think I'm one of two posters that their avi's reference death. (the other is a gif of a guy swinging from a noose @Creep )
Yours is very apt to this site.

High IQ. halo effect even functions in cyberspace. fucking brutal halopill.

Did you change your avi? I can't identify you anymore
I used to have a look of an average white man witha very depressed look in his face. Kinda like a human version of "the ends" avi. Before that one i had a picture of an ugly old homeless white man with his mouth open (in despair, not soyboy way). I dont think im ever changing my current avi.

At least here we get to choose how we present ourselves.

yeah, in meatspace if you are not attractive or tall you are SOL despite this being out of our control. and normiefags wonder why we enjoy cyberspace so much...