Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Serious It’s interesting how much people’s avis affects your perception of them.

At least here we get to choose how we present ourselves.
And it’s interesting how some choose to portray themselves positively whilst others hammer home their incel status even harder.

And it’s interesting how some choose to portray themselves positively whilst others hammer home their incel status even harder.
I always took the Chad avatars as some way for incels to further emasculate themselves. It's like they wish they were Chad so much, they use him as their avatar - it's almost worshipful. To me those are the saddest avatars.

It also depends what you consider 'positive'. For instance, I like death and monsters - so mine is pseudo-positive. A self-hating one would be a super ugly guy, kind of like @chudur-budur

I used to have a look of an average white man witha very depressed look in his face.
Was it dark blueish?
If someone has a picture of a Chad for their avi (I have no idea why people choose this) I usually interpret their writings on this site as coming from a place of deeper confidence, as opposed to people who choose obvious incel archetypes or lolis in which the opposite effect is realised.
How do you feel about mine? It goes from Chad to Incel.

I always took the Chad avatars as some way for incels to further emasculate themselves. It's like they wish they were Chad so much, they use him as their avatar - it's almost worshipful. To me those are the saddest avatars.
Agreed. They usually seem to have cocky personalities, which could be projection from them to embody the persona they have chosen to enrol them self as, or it could just be the halo effect of me reading their words and associating them with Chad’s cockiness. Or maybe a combination of the two.

Agreed. They usually seem to have cocky personalities, which could be projection from them to embody the persona they have chosen to enrol them self as, or it could just be the halo effect of me reading their words and associating them with Chad’s cockiness. Or maybe a combination of the two.
I've always thought of them as posters obsessed with their appearance. Well, even more than the rest of us.

Again, it's probably the halo effect.

Honestly I can't mind the halo-effect too much - it's just part of being human. I like art, etc - so I understand the value of aesthetics. I also like gore, so repulsion can be enjoyable too. It's just too bad we judge a person's character by their appearance.

I kind of appreciate people with no avatars - it's closer to erasing their individualities and letting their messages stand on their own merit.

How do you feel about mine? It goes from Chad to Incel.

By highlighting the steps between Chad and incel, the apparent confidence of having a Chad avi is overshadowed by his regression into incel status and that is area that succeeds in drawing my focus more.

However, the funny factor of having a humorous meme for an avi leads me to imagine you are probably a humour orientated poster and are unlikely to carry yourself too seriously in your posts.

Last edited:
I have the goat avi

By highlighting the steps between Chad and incel, the apparent confidence of having a Chad avi is overshadowed by his regression into incel status and that is area that succeeds more in drawing my focus more.

However, the funny factor of having a humorous meme for an avi leads me to imagine you are probably a humour orientated poster and are unlikely to carry yourself too seriously in your posts.

Do mine next!

Was it dark blueish?
It was this

and before that (my first one) it was this
Hqdefault

My avis are slowly becoming more and more depressing..(I am near the end)

Do mine next!
You are a straight up weeb my friend, though the fact you’ve actively chosen to portray yourself so suggests your willing to accept that as your fate, at least inside the realm of cyberspace where it may be safer to do so.

You are a straight up weeb my friend, though the fact you’ve actively chosen to portray yourself so suggests your willing to accept that as your fate, at least inside the realm of cyberspace where it may be safer to do so.

:feelsautistic::feelsautistic::feelsautistic::feelsautistic::feelsautistic::feelsautistic::feelsautistic:

Nobody told me what they think of my avi.
Tfw you're ignored even on an incel forum :feelsbadman::feelscry::feelsrope:

It was this
1-jpg.27929
:yes::yes: I knew it had some blue colors. As soon as I saw this, your NT maxxing guide came into my mind.
By highlighting the steps between Chad and incel, the apparent confidence of having a Chad avi is overshadowed by his regression into incel status and that is area that succeeds more in drawing my focus more.

Nice analysis boyo ((srs))

Nobody told me what they think of my avi.
Tfw you're ignored even on an incel forum :feelsbadman::feelscry::feelsrope:
Well, the fact you have a Salvador Dali painting as your avi suggests you have general knowledge beyond the average lowiqcel, who’s understanding of human contribution to culture rarely extends beyond anime and video games. So take solace in the fact that those who are familiar with the reference may perceive you to be a highIQcel.

your avi makes me think you are gay.
Gays can't be incels, just set your Tinder to men and you'll get easy boipussy. Ethan from H3H3 did that, but he didn't get any women.

Halo effect of taste, reputation, mindset, representation, decided method of conveyance. All these count. But they're perceived differently, but in a pattern (since human beings are mentally wired somewhat similarly).

Well, the fact you have a Salvador Dali painting as your avi suggests you have general knowledge beyond the average lowiqcel, who’s understanding of human contribution to culture rarely extends beyond anime and video games. So take solace in the fact that those who are familiar with the reference may perceive you to be a highIQcel.
*Dalí
Don't desecrate my surreal nigga's surname.

I've always thought of them as posters obsessed with their appearance. Well, even more than the rest of us.

Again, it's probably the halo effect.

Honestly I can't mind the halo-effect too much - it's just part of being human. I like art, etc - so I understand the value of aesthetics. I also like gore, so repulsion can be enjoyable too. It's just too bad we judge a person's character by their appearance.

I kind of appreciate people with no avatars - it's closer to erasing their individualities and letting their messages stand on their own merit.
We judge a person's character by their appearance because the only things worth noting by the reductionist mentality we choose to have are their outward qualities.
We choose to have an inconsiderate/ myopic mentality because we want to HAVE a halo effect of our own. About being people who come off more powerful. Because the less we seem perceptual/ circumspect, and yet have a lot of power then it really makes people wonder/ fascinated with who you are.
For example someone who builds a rocket from being a rocket scientist, and then someone who happens to build a rocket when they don't even have a degree. The latter is more impressive.
We want to be shallow/ myopic, and have people believe our talents/ powers/ identity come off offhandedly.

Society wants to come off inconsiderate/ elitist so that it adds on with the kind of mentality that we all BELIEVE makes us come off as an elitist. Just like how if you come off christian, you come off holy. If you come off as a non-book-reader, and focus on athletics then it makes you more of a jock.
People want to be non-circumspect, and meet up as a natural primarch, I.E. someone who lived life in luxuriance, and non-circumspection. That your natural faculties just brought you to what impresses/ imposes greatly on people. With LMS.

Another point- I remember others by their avatars, not their usernames. Seriously, even if it's a well known, prolific member, once their signature and avatar is changed, I often lose track of their entire identity.

This. Please stop changing your avatar, guys.
Nobody will recognize you anymore.

We judge a person's character by their appearance because the only things worth noting by the reductionist mentality we choose to have are their outward qualities.
We choose to have an inconsiderate/ myopic mentality because we want to HAVE a halo effect of our own. About being people who come off more powerful. Because the less we seem perceptual/ circumspect, and yet have a lot of power then it really makes people wonder/ fascinated with who you are.
For example someone who builds a rocket from being a rocket scientist, and then someone who happens to build a rocket when they don't even have a degree. The latter is more impressive.
We want to be shallow/ myopic, and have people believe our talents/ powers/ identity come off offhandedly.
Couldn’t agree more, we don’t want our successes to appear attainable to others if they were to apply their efforts sufficiently.

Btw, how does my avatar make you feel? :D

Is he one of your strongest copes?
When you combine great techical skills with otherworldly creativity, you get the most divine art genre of all time.
It looks like Spurdo, you seem like you're about to spam I HABE BIG BENIS FUGGG :DDDDDDDDDDDDDD t. Suomi any second now.

Over for avicels

I almost picked a smug anime girl but I'm not a smug person so I picked a frogpost. To think I could've been a goodavicel. It's over

Attachments

• 1347651413725.jpg
    1347651413725.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 48
Well, the fact you have chosen a real life photo of an animal suggests you are young or young spirited, especially as your choice of animal is cute and not one that portrays strength or predatory nature. I would also presume you to be docile rather than bitter or aggressive for this reason.

Maybe you’re copes are more centred around outdoorsy kind of activities, though I am being extremely speculative there. All in all I’d imagine you not to carry yourself too seriously either and would presume you to be a more lighthearted poster than some of the ultra-pessimists that frequent themselves here.
Over for avicels
Can I ask what the thinking is behind your choice of avi?

Graham's Number IQ post, I've noticed myself treating people differently based on their profile pictures for a while, glad I'm not the only one who noticed this.

What are you thoughts on my avi?

yeah theres a lot of truth what you and everyone had said here,

a part of me feels the same way.

whenever i saw people's avatar i perceive them to be that person in real life. like for exampe i always imagined copewithrope to be zyros, being that he has zyros's selfie as his avatar.

sometimes i joke every now and then of there being ugly fellas behind our avatars.

yes the avatar halo effect is real (it sure is enough of a tell tale sign that looks do the talking). it came to the point where some of the guys have became disillusioned of me, i then have to start being blunt with them (and telling them) that its not the real me. we sometimes lose ourselves because of it, but we should always keep ourselves in check, and be aware of it at all times.

i actually did contemplated a few times of removing my avatar/persona (because of that; however i trickle down to something a little more appropriate), and also a lot of people became accustomed this persona, so ive still kept a part of it.

Last edited:
I
Well, the fact you have chosen a real life photo of an animal suggests you are young or young spirited, especially as your choice of animal is cute and not one that portrays strength or predatory nature. I would also presume you to be docile rather than bitter or aggressive for this reason.

Maybe you’re copes are more centred around outdoorsy kind of activities, though I am being extremely speculative there. All in all I’d imagine you not to carry yourself too seriously either and would presume you to be a more lighthearted poster than some of the ultra-pessimists that frequent themselves here.

Can I ask what the thinking is behind your choice of avi?
I think my signature explains it

Yeah, I try to bring a smile to people's faces and spread a little positivity. :)
I don't take myself too seriously, but my life is really hard. I'm incel, depressed, mentally ill, drug addicted, unemployed and always have bad luck.

Also it's fun to post some hardcore dark opinions or fantasies and then have that smiling animal next to it. :p

It's incredible how much the avatar affects the shades of meaning conveyed by a post. I noticed that to avoid as much as possible the halo effect, I subconsciously tend to read the post before looking at the avatar picture.

Yeah, I try to bring a smile to people's faces and spread a little positivity. :)
I don't take myself too seriously, but my life is really hard. I'm incel, depressed, mentally ill, drug addicted, unemployed and always have bad luck.

Also it's fun to post some hardcore dark opinions or fantasies and then have that smiling animal next to it. :p
Haha, well the conceit of sarcasm was lost on me, maybe I took it too much at face value.

I would never have presumed you to be drug addictedbased on your avi, what drug?
It's incredible how much the avatar affects the shades of meaning conveyed by a post. I noticed that to avoid as much as possible the halo effect, I subconsciously tend to read the post before looking at the avatar picture.
A wise idea. It appears more incels are actively aware of this effect than I’d predicted, everyone seems to have felt them in one way or another.

I would never have presumed you to be drug addictedbased on your avi, what drug?

GBL / alcohol / benzos.
Right now I substitute with Kratom (Opioid). That's really good against depression but I have to take it 3x a day.

do me

No fucking shit, I've been saying this for months now.

I wonder what mine makes people think.
The silent overseer of one of the darkest corners of the internet. Your avi is purposefully ambiguous, I assume because you want to remain impartial on issues as the faceless steward of the site. It’s also menacing, however, which reflects the dark content discussed in your domain, this site.

I find it has a similar haloing effect but not to the same extent, probably because it subconsciously tells you the poster is a weeb.
Major failo effect.

This is why I haven't changed my profile pic ever. Your profile pic is your face, people feel you're more familiar if you stick to the same one.
Also James Degale's busted up face isn't too far away from my face normal.

Also when I first came here and saw @FACEandLMS saying “it’s over” I thought it looked a bit weird.