Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Blackpill THROWBACK FOR THERAPYCELS: THE TIME @ATAVISTIC AUTIST DESTROYED THERAPY

GeckoBus

GeckoBus

commanded to be joyful (now on discord: coco01228)
A long time ago, @Atavistic Autist was subjected to CBT therapy.
Its basically DARVO but disguised as a therapy (DARVO = Deny, Attack, Reverse Victiim and Offender)

For instance if you try to talk about your abusive childhood, the therapist will cockblock you and go, ok but this is not why you are here.
They try to make you deny your experience and only focus on the future.
They even say in TED talks and shit, the people with the "most successful" therapy outcomes are those that can ignore their past and retardmaxx into eternity, never looking back, never learning.

So, confronted with this modern day quackpottery, @Atavistic Autist began venting and dissecting what he was experiencing in a series of threads.
I would recommend reading these, at least the OP of each. Very insightful. Especially if you are currently in CBT.
Often times they also dont tell you that they are using it on you, like in my case when I was in the mental hospital back in 2018. I only figured out years later what they did to me and how it made my life so much worse in the long run.

@DHF also they are @Atavistic Autist autists threads you gotta ask him not me

Many of the points made in these articles are correct.
Therapy is not about seeing the world as it is….but the patient seeing the world in a way in which the patient is peaceful.
For example, in the last article there were choices when the student was getting objects thrown at him.
The suggested correct answer was to ignore it.

But the actual correct answer was to punch the bully in the face.
That would have stopped the bullying right then.
The therapist suggests that a bullied kid should just let himself be abused for his entire school years.

Therapy does not solve problems……it tries to get you to passively accept the unacceptable.

Many of the points made in these articles are correct.
Therapy is not about seeing the world as it is….but the patient seeing the world in a way in which the patient is peaceful.
For example, in the last article there were choices when the student was getting objects thrown at him.
The suggested correct answer was to ignore it.

But the actual correct answer was to punch the bully in the face.
That would have stopped the bullying right then.
The therapist suggests that a bullied kid should just let himself be abused for his entire school years.

Therapy does not solve problems……it tries to get you to passively accept the unacceptable.
yes exactly
they are selling you on all these new beliefs without
1. telling you they are doing it
2. why their beliefs are justified and right

maybe you are correct in being depressed. Maybe your life is bad or you have undiagnosed health issues.
Maybe it is better to beat the shit out of your bully if you get the chance, and then take the punishment from the teacher or whatever.

But they never even lay out how CBT and such works before they subject you to it, which is imo the most heinous part of it.
When I was victim of this shit, I came into it with childhood baggage and tried to talk about early childhood neglect. My therapist just said
"this is not why you are here" and dismissed me.
he kept doing this and invalidated my experiences further and further.

Sometimes he would say, well, things that happen in childhood are not that important really etc.

When you study therapy, you learn that they actually want you to reach the point where you completely disregard your past experiences, swallow their entire worldview (without questioning it) and then stay obsessively focused on a future goal you set for yourself (again, why is this a good thing, it warrants justification).

One example where this is mentioned is in here at the timestamp:

View: https://youtu.be/TVgQ_tgWMyU?t=1389

The thing is, your past experiences can absolutely obliterate your hope for the future, as with some of the blackpill factoids we have accumulated in our little community. That's why @Atavistic Autist mentions, they want you to believe in a sort of platonic, eastern hinduism worldview where everything is illusory and no matter what your past experiences were, they are ultimately meaningless. There is no meaning in fact, except for the meanings you assume to be true in your own head.

This is madness of the highest degree and also begs the question of why you should listen to your therapist if this is true, since he does not have a claim on the truth then either. Why are his past experiences valid, but yours arent? Why are positive experiences valid, but negative ones arent? And how do we differentiate the two? Its all arbitrary nonsense.

Really, it is a crime that people are put through this paradigmatic meatgrinder under the guise of healing.
It also does not surprise me that the people group that responds the best to this sort of therapy is women, since what we just laid out, moral relativism, a general disregard for truth of any kind and so forth, are inherently female traits.

So all a therapist really does is to give the female the card blanche she wants to continue wallowing in the excesses of her own nature. Men, unless extremely effeminate, will not respond to this kind of therapeutic approach at all since it fundamentally contradicts what a man is and what is expected of a man.

Hence, a lot of men either detest the very idea of talk therapy or report negative experiences with it.
Men dont talk. We are human doings, women are human beings.
Men want solutions, women want narcissistic validation.

I don't want to talk about my depression, I want a concrete solution. Do this, do that.
Meditate 10 minutes a day, eat 3 apples and go for a 25 minute walk - there done.

Last edited:
yes exactly
they are selling you on all these new beliefs without
1. telling you they are doing it
2. why their beliefs are justified and right

maybe you are correct in being depressed. Maybe your life is bad or you have undiagnosed health issues.
Maybe it is better to beat the shit out of your bully if you get the chance, and then take the punishment from the teacher or whatever.

But they never even lay out how CBT and such works before they subject you to it, which is imo the most heinous part of it.
When I was victim of this shit, I came into it with childhood baggage and tried to talk about early childhood neglect. My therapist just said
"this is not why you are here" and dismissed me.
he kept doing this and invalidated my experiences further and further.

Sometimes he would say, well, things that happen in childhood are not that important really etc.

When you study therapy, you learn that they actually want you to reach the point where you completely disregard your past experiences, swallow their entire worldview (without questioning it) and then stay obsessively focused on a future goal you set for yourself (again, why is this a good thing, it warrants justification).

One example where this is mentioned is in here at the timestamp:

View: https://youtu.be/TVgQ_tgWMyU?t=1389

The thing is, your past experiences can absolutely obliterate your hope for the future, as with some of the blackpill factoids we have accumulated in our little community. That's why @Atavistic Autist mentions, they want you to believe in a sort of platonic, eastern hinduism worldview where everything is illusory and no matter what your past experiences were, they are ultimately meaningless. There is no meaning in fact, except for the meanings you assume to be true in your own head.

This is madness of the highest degree and also begs the question of why you should listen to your therapist if this is true, since he does not have a claim on the truth then either. Why are his past experiences valid, but yours arent? Why are positive experiences valid, but negative ones arent? And how do we differentiate the two? Its all arbitrary nonsense.

Really, it is a crime that people are put through this paradigmatic meatgrinder under the guise of healing.
It also does not surprise me that the people group that responds the best to this sort of therapy is women, since what we just laid out, moral relativism, a general disregard for truth of any kind and so forth, are inherently female traits.

So all a therapist really does is to give the female the card blanche she wants to continue wallowing in the excesses of her own nature. Men, unless extremely effeminate, will not respond to this kind of therapeutic approach at all since it fundamentally contradicts what a man is and what is expected of a man.

Hence, a lot of men either detest the very idea of talk therapy or report negative experiences with it.
Men dont talk. We are human doings, women are human beings.
Men want solutions, women want narcissistic validation.

I don't want to talk about my depression, I want a concrete solution. Do this, do that.
Meditate 10 minutes a day, eat 3 apples and go for a 25 minute walk - there done.

One time, I had a therapist tell me that women don’t care about money or how a guy looks. That I could get a girlfriend with my personality.
We argued for months until she finally gave up.
The thing about this is that therapists can’t handle resistance.
And they certainly don’t like to be questioned or asked to explain the reasoning behind the advice they give.
They want mindless sheep to just take what they have to say without questioning it.

They know perfectly well that their advice is not logical and does not withstand much scrutiny.

CBT is a form of therapy? I thought that shit meant Cock and Ball Torture

I hate therapy so much. I would confront my past therapist about all her gaslighting but she would just say “you can only be helped if you want to be helped :foidSoy: