Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Serious Another problem with therapy (if you're autistic)

• Thread starter Atavistic Autist
  • Start date
Atavistic Autist

Atavistic Autist

Intersectional autistic supremacy
★★★★★
Most therapists who profess to specialize in autism specifically have experience with autistic children who are brought to them by concerned parents.

Even though they will still accept adults with autism, they have limited to no experience with them, and will default to treating these autistic adults as if they are children, since this is what they're used to.

This is antithetical to growth. For in much the same way that a therapist will impose CBT on you even if it's not working, they will also infantilize you (indeed, these two things go together).

It becomes evident that autistic adults are not really considered to be entities that exist if you go through the diagnostic process as an adult. The tests you are given include reading a children's story book, for example.

high iq post tbh

from their perspective autists are children stuck in men's bodies, therapists have a very patronizing view of their "patients". so even if they dealt with adult autists more their approach would not change.

There’s no therapy for your face, race and height

from their perspective autists are children stuck in men's bodies, therapists have a very patronizing view of their "patients". so even if they dealt with adult autists more their approach would not change.
It is in a therapist's interests for a "patient" to be immature.

Because immaturity = naivety = someone who's easily manipulated = an easy patient

Most therapists who profess to specialize in autism specifically have experience with autistic children who are brought to them by concerned parents.

Even though they will still accept adults with autism, they have limited to no experience with them, and will default to treating these autistic adults as if they are children, since this is what they're used to.

This is antithetical to growth. For in much the same way that a therapist will impose CBT on you even if it's not working, they will also infantilize you (indeed, these two things go together).

It becomes evident that autistic adults are not really considered to be entities that exist if you go through the diagnostic process as an adult. The tests you are given include reading a children's story book, for example.
This is why I f-ing hate therapists. I can not fucking bear to be talked down to. This is why I don't hate roasties as much as the rest of you, all of my hate goes to people who treat me like a child. I perfer girls being scared and disgusted by me to the state and it's representatives speaking to me as if I am a second class citizen.

Bluepilled if you have any faith in mainstream medicine tbh

Bluepilled if you have any faith in mainstream medicine tbh
Psychology isn't even a medicine.

But yeah, almost half of doctors in the US and an outright majority of nurses are overweight:

So it's not just psychologists who lack in (mental) health while ostensibly teaching their patients about it.

Psychology isn't even a medicine.

But yeah, almost half of doctors in the US and an outright majority of nurses are overweight:

So it's not just psychologists who lack in (mental) health while ostensibly teaching their patients about it.
Yep, it's crazy how negligent and unprofessional doctors are getting. Any hole can pass for it with memorization while genuine intellectual competence and compassion for patients is overlooked.

My last therapist pressed CBT on me also until I stopped seeing him. These people are really just car salesmen with big fancy titles. They are in it for the money and try to package their treatment like a happy meal. They just don't really care enough to give the energy or level of thought needed to help a thinking-capable autistic adult. Also talking on the same level could force the therapist to say politically incorrect things that would go in the records.

My last therapist pressed CBT on me also until I stopped seeing him. These people are really just car salesmen with big fancy titles. They are in it for the money and try to package their treatment like a happy meal. They just don't really care enough to give the energy or level of thought needed to help a thinking-capable autistic adult. Also talking on the same level could force the therapist to say politically incorrect things that would go in the records.
My own therapist has recorded things that was used against me in the court of law. These people are scumbags and don’t really have your best interest in mind obviously.

I’ve had therapists drag out conversations and hyper focus, shift away from the topic on hand to redundant subjects related to the issue just so I’d have to come visit him again for 100+ dollars.

These guys are also so fucking normie but think they have all the answers.

My first therapist was a redpilled “alpha” male who was gymmaxxed but had a massive beard to probably hide his shitty jawline and was married to fucking obese woman, fucking pathetic. “Just lift bro and your problems will go away bro”

The second one was a stereotypical pseudoscientific redditor I’m not even going to get into detail about him because simply the mere sight of him and the shit he said pissed me off so much I never went back to see him, or both of them for that matter.

We are truly all alone outside of the internet.