Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Serious CBT is behaviorist gaslighting (it should stand for "Conditioning Behavior Therapy")

Atavistic Autist

Atavistic Autist

Intersectional autistic supremacy
★★★★★
ABA is often impugned among autism advocates for being an invalidating and abusive treatment modality for autistic children. In this "therapy," autistic children are punished for acting autistic and rewarded for not acting autistic (like Pavlov's dog) until all that remains is an artificial shell that appears adaptive but is really a scarred victim of conditioning.

While true, what's ironic is that this evidences the main bias in discourse surrounding autism: that only autistic children are cared about, whereas autistic adults are left unconsidered.

Because the main form of psychotherapy in existence for adults (whether autistic or not), CBT, is similarly based in behavioral conditioning. Indeed, behavior is exactly what the B in CBT stands for, and it's the main component of this "therapy," rather than the C which stands for cognition. The latter, which makes the therapy sound scientific and credible, is only pretense and I can demonstrate this with my insights from "treatment."

The C in CBT might as well stand for conceit, if not conditioning, because the presumptions that underlie the understanding of cognition in CBT are not only flawed and fallacious but understood to be so within the therapy itself, which, it quickly becomes evident, has more in common with capitalist priorities regarding productivity and pseudo-Buddhism as coping with the stresses of it rather than scientific knowledge.

The primary assumption in CBT is that thoughts precede emotions. So if you are feeling angry or sad or glad, it is because your thought process guided you there. This is utter nonsense from a basic evolutionary perspective, given that the regions of the brain which deal with thinking are nascent compared to the regions of the brain which deal with emotion.

But even if you are to belabor under this premise, CBT continues to fall apart. It presumes to tell you about how "negative" emotions are due to "distorted" thoughts in particular. One of these categorical "cognitive distortions" is "dichotomous thinking," which sounds awfully similar to the dichotomy of "negative" vs. "positive" emotions presented in the therapy, wherein only the "negative" are considered the result of "distorted" thoughts. :lul:

And sure enough, a CBT therapist will quickly abandon all cognitive jargon and reveal himself to be a plain behaviorist when contradictions such as this are pointed out to them. They will cease using the term "distorted thinking," for example, and merely say "unhelpful thinking." :lul::feelsugh:

So dropping the C in CBT, all we are left with is BT, and since nothing about it is therapeutic, it might as well be revised to BS (Behaviorist Shite).

Last edited:
Cock and ball torture

High IQ and give us more of revealing whats behind the fake mysticism of psychologists and psychiatrists.

Brilliant analysis I will add some research here when I get off work

So that DOES NOT stand for Cock and Ball Tortune ?

I dodged a bullet then because I was going to be in a group therapy for anxiety trough CBT but didn't attend because of corona.

I dodged a bullet then because I was going to be in a group therapy for anxiety trough CBT but didn't attend because of corona.
Probably a good thing. Your balls would've really hurt

Complete bullshit therapy.

High IQ and give us more of revealing whats behind the fake mysticism of psychologists and psychiatrists.
The elephant in the room of psychology's fake mysticism is Mindfulness. Most therapists are enthusiastic promoters of it.

It was adapted from Buddhism by a Jew LARPing as a guru:

(((Jon Kabat-Zinn)))​

You are taught by mindfulness to cope with stress through meditative techniques, rather than, say, eliminate the stressors in the first place.

Your onerous wageslavery is wearing you down? Just focus on the sights, sounds, and smells, bro!

You hate school? Just breathe!

What's hilarious is that my first exposure to mindfulness was during gym class in high school. There was a semester reserved for being in a sedentary classroom where we were lectured to about health, and some foid came in one time to teach us how to close our eyes and breathe :feelshaha:

In our already overly-sedentary soyciety, this is a stark absurdity. If you want something involving deep breaths that can improve your state of mind, go for a run tbh. Meditation is redundant in a soyciety that's extremely obese, estrogenic, and inert, rather than masculine and physically active, unless it's meant to distract from the specifically mental torments that social conformity inflicts on you.

Last edited:
ABA is often impugned among autism advocates for being an invalidating and abusive treatment modality for autistic children. In this "therapy," autistic children are punished for acting autistic and rewarded for not acting autistic (like Pavlov's dog) until all that remains is an artificial shell that appears adaptive but is really a scarred victim of conditioning.

While true, what's ironic is that this evidences the main bias in discourse surrounding autism: that only autistic children are cared about, whereas autistic adults are left unconsidered.

Because the main form of psychotherapy in existence for adults (whether autistic or not), CBT, is similarly based in behavioral conditioning. Indeed, behavior is exactly what the B in CBT stands for, and it's the main component of this "therapy," rather than the C which stands for cognition. The latter, which makes the therapy sound scientific and credible, is only pretense and I can demonstrate this with my insights from "treatment."

The C in CBT might as well stand for conceit, if not conditioning, because the presumptions that underlie the understanding of cognition in CBT are not only flawed and fallacious but understood to be so within the therapy itself, which, it quickly becomes evident, has more in common with capitalist priorities regarding productivity and pseudo-Buddhism as coping with the stresses of it rather than scientific knowledge.

The primary assumption in CBT is that thoughts precede emotions. So if you are feeling angry or sad or glad, it is because your thought process guided you there. This is utter nonsense from a basic evolutionary perspective, given that the regions of the brain which deal with thinking are nascent compared to the regions of the brain which deal with emotion.

But even if you are to belabor under this premise, CBT continues to fall apart. It presumes to tell you about how "negative" emotions are due to "distorted" thoughts in particular. One of these categorical "cognitive distortions" is "dichotomous thinking," which sounds awfully similar to the dichotomy of "negative" vs. "positive" emotions presented in the therapy, wherein only the "negative" are considered the result of "distorted" thoughts. :lul:

And sure enough, a CBT therapist will quickly abandon all cognitive jargon and reveal himself to be a plain behaviorist when contradictions such as this are pointed out to them. They will cease using the term "distorted thinking," for example, and merely say "unhelpful thinking." :lul::feelsugh:

So dropping the C in CBT, all we are left with is BT, and since nothing about it is therapeutic, it might as well be revised to BS (Behaviorist Shite).
I think that emotions guide most of our behaviours, but our cortex can modulate our emotions as well. So there is a little back and forth you can do, but you are right otherwise. Although it has been shown that CBT and meditation are the only psychological tricks that have any non placebo effect on your mental state from a large meta study of meta study about therapy practices. This showed all the other ones are essentially placebos and cant be reliably replicated.

Although it has been shown that CBT and meditation are the only psychological tricks that have any non placebo effect on your mental state from a large meta study of meta study about therapy practices. This showed all the other ones are essentially placebos and cant be reliably replicated.
I have read, on the contrary, that the effect of CBT is indistinguishable from psychodynamics according to research, yet it is touted as the "evidence based gold standard" because it is easy to learn and apply, and quick and inexpensive to perform.

It takes some skill to do what psychologists have traditionally done, which is delve into your past and help you understand it better and gain insight. It's much simpler to rely on a formulaic program meant to patch you up for the short-term, and get you back onto the conveyer belt.

I have read, on the contrary, that the effect of CBT is indistinguishable from psychodynamics according to research, yet it is touted as the "evidence based gold standard" because it is easy to learn and apply, and quick and inexpensive to perform.

It takes some skill to do what psychologists have traditionally done, which is delve into your past and help you understand it better and gain insight. It's much simpler to rely on a formulaic program meant to patch you up for the short-term, and get you back onto the conveyer
Idk bro, I just remember someone posted a metastudy of metastudies here. Maybe they didn’t include the psychodynamic approach or something, not sure. Although I always thought psychodynamic approach and such were more in the fields of clinical psychologists rather than therapists.

Idk bro, I just remember someone posted a metastudy of metastudies here. Maybe they didn’t include the psychodynamic approach or something, not sure. Although I always thought psychodynamic approach and such were more in the fields of clinical psychologists rather than therapists.
Psychologists usually practice CBT because it's easiest modality for them to master and this is what insurance companies cover.

To give you an idea of how easy CBT is for the therapist, all "cognitive restructuring" entails is them constantly disagreeing with what you say, in the hope that you will become cognitively dissonant and thus ripe for conditioning.

So it's not due to effectiveness that CBT is prominent, but due to money. Because even going by these studies, CBT does not help a majority of people, especially over the long-term. Yet it's used by a majority of psychotherapists.

Psychologists usually practice CBT because it's easiest modality for them to master and this is what insurance companies cover.

To give you an idea of how easy CBT is for the therapist, all "cognitive restructuring" entails is them constantly disagreeing with what you say, in the hope that you will become cognitively dissonant and thus ripe for conditioning.

So it's not due to effectiveness that CBT is prominent, but due to money. Because even going by these studies, CBT does not help a majority of people, especially over the long-term. Yet it's used by a majority of psychotherapists.
how do you know so much about this subject?

Last edited:
Everything to get self aware man Back Into society and continue being the Hamster in the wheel

Woman,? LMAO Their praised for being utter slacks and even get their betabux Up their Ass.

The Game is rigged.