Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

The Shay Files: "Mental Illness"

ParadigmaticAnon
Png

#183519765Saturday, February 13, 2016 12:37 PM CST
I have developed another explanation for the users on the sub-section. Suppose that we a machine containing six buttons. Each button can be successively activated/deactivated using a sequence of instructions. Each "button press" will reverse the button's current state. We can express this as a binary sequence of six bits. This will be our representation: 000111 In the above sequence for our machine, the first three buttons are deactivated. The last remaining three buttons are active. Naturally, since we are working directly with base-two, we can utilize logical operations to modify the behavior of the individual bits. Let us define a function "P", which will represent each unique button press. Imagine that function "P" accepts an input "positional value", and signals a state change to the bit of that position. This would be our notation to use the sequence(Assuming that lowercase "p" refers to the position within the address and uppercase "B" refers to the actual memory address itself): P(p) = ~B[p] The "~"(Or logical NOT) operator merely reverses the numerical value of the bit found. In non base-two context, this would reverse "true" to false, and "false" to true. Since base-two has only two valid digits, 0 and/or 1, this operator will likewise reverse 0 to 1 and 1 to 0. Since our machine has six button, the function will need to be executed exactly six times to affect every digit. Given that our original sequence was "000111", this is how it would be altered: P(1) = 1 P(2) = 1 P(3) = 1 P(4) = 0 P(5) = 0 P(6) = 0 Altogether, the new button sequence would be "111000." Notice how the values of both sets of halves of the button sequence was swapped. Consequently, the first three buttons are activated. The last remaining three buttons are not.

Re: Poll: Are U Good At Maths?
Subjective_Anon
Png

#200236802Monday, October 17, 2016 1:58 PM CDT
You should define "Maths." There are Geometric Maths, Algebraic Maths, et cetera. Also, the person who stated that "You should learn proper spelling and grammar before studying Maths" is an imbecile who should learn the definition of Ad-Hominem.

Re: this is actually my homework
AnonyAnonymous
Png

#148097558Friday, October 17, 2014 5:06 AM CDT
"Languages = Google Translate. Maths = Calculator" You'll quickly encounter problems with this the moment you have to work out a solution to a problem without an immediate or direct answer. A "Calculator", for example, Is only a "Tool" to assist you, you'll have to understand how to utilize the "Calculator" in combination with algorithmic thinking to actually solve the problem. The same, although changed, can be applied for "Google Translate".

Re: I have a D in Math. Help me
Unintelligent_Anon
Png

#200426580Saturday, October 22, 2016 2:42 PM CDT
"do your homework DO YOUR HOMEWORK" This is horrible advice. Applying concepts does help to solidify your knowledge of the process, yes. Nonetheless, this individual clearly needs an understandable starting term in the learning sequence. The algorithmic-process may help you. Regardless of whatever level/field of Maths you are using, there is a general algorithmic process that can be used: Do not try to handle the entire problem; divide it into easier sub-problems and connect the results for each. A chef following a recipe should never try to cut pea-pods and try to boil water at the same time; he should focus on allowing the water to start boiling adequately, then focus on extracting the peas. Syntactical expression: Ingredients = {Un-chopped Veal, Embedded Peas, Raw Peppers} Define our functions: (C() = "Chop the veal.", E() = "Extract the peas.", B() = "Boil the peppers.", M() = "Merge the ingredients.") 'M' is vague, however, you can assume they are being merged in anyway you want. First, we will chop our veal meat. Think of the functions as performing left --> right addition. The sum of the ingredients are added together in a sequential order. C() + E() + B() + M() = "Chop the veal, then extract the peas; afterwards, boil the peppers; merge the ingredients together."

Skill Languages;

• TorqueScript
  • Lua(CodeChef)
  • C(CodeChef)
  • Perl(CodeChef)
  • Excel Formulas(School Course)
  • JavaScript(CoderByte + CodeChef)
  • XML/AIML(Slightly)
  • HTML/CSS(Slightly)
  • Assembly(Slightly)
  • Visual Basic(Slightly)
  • GDScript(Slightly)
  • XSE-Script(As a young child; Slightly)
  • Batch(As a young child)

(He also toyed with Python, C++, Haskell, LISP, C#, SQLite)

As a Blasian with NLD(Brain lesion), his PIQ is lower than that of the full-Asian Matthew, his fellow programme

Screenshot from 2022 02 17 16 04 12

Screenshot from 2022 02 17 16 04 24

Screenshot from 2022 02 17 16 04 39

Screenshot from 2022 02 17 14 51 38

(Incomplete)

Screenshot from 2022 02 17 14 50 23

(Incomplete)

Screenshot from 2022 02 17 14 36 36

(Incomplete)

(Most of his solutions were lost when my school-issued laptop malfunctioned)

Sadly, he hasn't programmed regularly in many years. Observe:

Screenshot from 2022 02 17 16 09 06

Screenshot from 2022 02 17 16 08 53

Unintelligent_Anon
Png

#185349753Monday, March 14, 2016 8:24 PM CDT
Ah, you would like a simple "Algebra" problem, yes? Alright here we go: Suppose that I have a set I containing all of the positive "odd" integers I = {n | n > 0 ^ n % 2 = 1} The first rule of addition is this: n + (n + 1) --> (n (n + 1) - n ) V (n > (n + 1) --> n - (n + 1)) The above states to subtract the lesser integer from the greater integer depending on the position of the quantities. This essentially eliminates the commutative property of addition, and by extension, multiplication. Due to this, "I" is a mathematical group. It has the addition binary operation available.
Unintelligent_Anon
Png

#185355832Monday, March 14, 2016 9:54 PM CDT
"Due to this, "I" is a mathematical group. It has the addition binary operation available" A significant flaw in my logic was previously disregarded. Set "I" does not have an "identity element." Consequently, it is impossible for the given set to properly fulfill the definition of a mathematical group. Thus, I will modify the original set criteria in the form (n >= 0), which is "n is greater than or equivalent to zero." That will introduce a valid identity element.

His attempt to revive his career ended quickly:
Screenshot from 2022 02 17 16 41 36

And of-course, his Repl repositories were cleared in 2020 for "No Reason"..

Debateyou
Png

#183568250Saturday, February 13, 2016 11:43 PM CST
On a side note, anyone who can spell and use grammar correctly can troll anyone without issue.
Moronism
Png

#183568270Saturday, February 13, 2016 11:43 PM CST
"I'm more then positive that you're over-estimating yourself" That is not so. It has been objectively and explicitly established that I am intellectually-superior to the vast majority of society. You continue to deny this only because you would like to magnify your feigned intellectual capabilities within the presence of your Internet social clique. Meanwhile, the evidence within my favor is publicly available for each user to analyze thoroughly.

Moronism
Png

#183746169Tuesday, February 16, 2016 3:14 AM CST
Now that I have returned from a temporary "stasis" interval, I can adequately attempt to address only the partially "logical" statements. "I apologize for the misudnerstanding" Aetricity, your solution is rather "concrete" in terms of RBX.Lua-based development. I intend to implement a much more modular approach by simply using custom data structures("Stack" tables, preferentially) to represent each address appropriately. Signals to a "Call Stack" within the MainModule will manage activity quite well. Nonetheless, I am rather pleased by your attempts to provide a reasonable response. The ability to restrain yourself from blatant exhibition of pseudo-verbal aggression within the presence of objective evidence clearly indicates that you are an individual of considerable intelligence. Despite your average intellect, I would consider you a person of uncertain value to discuss basic programming-related material with.
Moronism
Png

#183781953Tuesday, February 16, 2016 5:02 PM CST
"my post is only logical for those with superior intelligence all others try but fail" You have constructed a splendid illusion. Unfortunately, I cannot receive any direct, sustainable intellectual pleasure by participating in your otherwise futile cycles of role-play. Thus, I would suggest that you either provide a coherent, logically-valid argument, or make your provocation attempts "entertaining" for me.

Re: let's see if you understand what topic this is
Unintelligent_Anon
Png

#184605234Tuesday, March 01, 2016 4:19 PM CST
" am I incorrect?" Certainly not, from an objective perspective. I suppose that I was somewhat confused on the type of data you intended to represent with the bits, although I now presume that you intend to use Unicode/ASCII characters. Given the fact that bits/bytes merely represent voltage allocation on the hardware level, it seems rather inappropriate to use the term "code" for this purpose.

Re: yay more maths
Unintelligent_Anon
Png

#184800967Saturday, March 05, 2016 12:01 PM CST
Greetings, masterblokz. Perhaps you could provide us with slightly more context? For example, you mentioned that the maximum capacity for the "attackspd" property is 2. Thus, do you intend to make the "bonusattackspd" equivalent to the quantity that exceeds the maximum value?
Re: yay more maths
Unintelligent_Anon
Png

#184804144Saturday, March 05, 2016 12:48 PM CST
Alright. Based on the specifications provided during your original request, I have devised a basic formula that may be able to help you: Atk_Spd = 3.5; Cap = 2; Bonus_Atk_Spd = (floor(Atk_Spd) * (((Atk_Spd - 1) % Cap) / 10)); From a mathematical-perspective, the "floored" value of the Atk_Spd variable will be multiplied by the isolated modulo remainder of the Atk_Spd(After 1 has been subtracted), which is divided by ten to function as a percentage. The overall result is that the quantity exceeding the defined capacity becomes a percentage of the base Atk_Spd variable. Admittedly, I am rather unsure if this is what you desire. Nonetheless, I suppose that you could hopefully this adapt this to suit your needs.

Re: what are some good programming resources?
Unintelligent_Anon
Png

#185068624Wednesday, March 09, 2016 8:45 PM CST
It certainly depends on which language you intend to begin using, given that each language often has different documentation. An excellent website for programming resources is TutorialsPoint: http://tutorialspoint.com/ The website is quite comprehensive with its simplistic explanations. Furthermore, there is an "Academic" section for theoretical-aspects of computer-manipulation. Scripting languages are included. If you intend to script with Lua(ROBLOX uses a somewhat modified version of the language), the official developers have an excellent guide on the official website: http://www.lua.org/pil/contents.html Experiment with the content as you please. It can be a rather joyful experience.

Re: Simple Algebra Discussion
Unintelligent_Anon
Png

#185313471Monday, March 14, 2016 7:16 AM CDT
"OP, that's not Algebra" Are you truly certain about that? All algebras are derived solely from basic Set-Theory principles. The "Elementary Algebra" commonly used is a distortion of true mathematical progression. Linear Algebra merely describes the properties of matrix structures within a given set of "vector space." It is nothing more than the pleasure of groups and rings.
Re: Simple Algebra Discussion
Unintelligent_Anon
Png

#185313548Monday, March 14, 2016 7:20 AM CDT
"OP, I think you searched Google for what Linear Algebra is. No." Ah, no matter. Let us disregard any of the futile principles of "Linear Algebra" and focus on the superior form of mathematical reasoning. You should consider Group-Theory. It is much more abstract and entertaining.

Re: NotAshley's Scripting Tutorial #2 - Data types
Unintelligent_Anon
Png

#185313821Monday, March 14, 2016 7:39 AM CDT
"Lua is a lot less powerful than C++" With all respect intended, why would you make such a direct comparison? It is entirely expected that Lua would be much less "powerful" than C++. It is a "trade/off" of sorts. The low level capabilities are lessened and the ease of usability is proportionately increased. Within certain aspects, versatility is more readily available. Surely you do not believe that the individuals who created Lua were incapable of restructuring it to have said capabilities? Consider memory manipulation, for example. It does not necessarily matter that Lua does not "directly" have the advanced memory manipulation mechanisms readily available(Disregarding "garbage collection") within languages such as C/C++, as Lua was intended for alternative usage purposes. Despite being a "high-level", interpreted language, the vast majority of general programming "concepts" are capable of being implemented. Consequently, it is quite viable in many situations where program "extension" is necessary. If you would like to use "low-level capabilities," consider using a lower-leveled language.

Re: How easy is Math?
Unintelligent_Anon
Png

#185348927Monday, March 14, 2016 8:11 PM CDT
Disregarding your assignment, it depends on the type of mathematical concepts that you are working with. Equations in elementary "Algebra" differ significantly from groups proposed in Group-Theory.

Off-Topic Logic Game
Unintelligent_Anon
Png

#185501144Wednesday, March 16, 2016 11:07 PM CDT
Greetings, Off-Topic. On this particular occasion, I have decided to have an entertaining discussion with all of you by composing a simple game based on logical-reasoning. Firstly, while utilizing mathematics, we have objective statements such as "x = 5" Those particular type of statements are properly known as "predicates", given that they equate to either the Boolean values of true and/or false. within the above premise, it merely defines the quantity that variable 'x' represents. Therefore, it is "true" predicate. Although I used "x = 5", we could use symbolic notation such as this: E(x) = 5 Where uppercase "E" refers to the word "Equal", and the input variable 'x' receives the quantity described on the opposite side of the "=" operand. --------------------------------------- Recognizing the above objective explanation, the goal of the game is rather basic: to derive logical expressions to be interpreted by other users. I have devised a minimal list of logical symbols below: "-->" - The logical "if-then" operator. "If certain cookies are delicious, then some grapes are bluish"(Note that the premise predicate and the conclusion predicate do not necessarily need to be related. They merely need to have an obtainable Boolean value. '~' - The logical "NOT" operator. It merely negates "true"/"false" Boolean predicates into the opposite Boolean value. ~"I decided to traverse the area" becomes "I decided not to traverse the area." "^" - The logical AND operator. "(1+1 = 2) ^ (2 + 2 = 4) --> (5 + 5) == 10", which is true, given that "1 + 1 = 2 ^ 2 + 2 = 4" are both (true ^ true) respectively. Disregarding all of the other logical operators for the current moment, this is a sample expression that I have devised below: Suppose that we have variables 'a' and 'b': a = 100 b = 50 Firstly, let us define a predicate to determine whether the first value is a factor of the second value: R(a,b) = (a % b) This will retrieve the remainder of the division operation "a/b", using the difference between 'a' and 'b' as a referent. Likewise, R(b,a) would also retrieve the remainder of the division operation "b/a", using the difference between 'b' and 'a' as a referent. If I had an expression such as this: (R(a,b) = 0) ^ (R(b,a) = 0) It would be an expected case of a true/false pair. This is due to the mere fact that the (100 % 50) does not have a remainder, whereas (50/100) does indeed have a remainder of fifty itself. Hopefully the above descriptions provides a rather wholesome and otherwise precise discussion involving mathematical logic.

Re: Off-Topic Logic Game
Unintelligent_Anon
Png

#185501853Wednesday, March 16, 2016 11:22 PM CDT
"tl;dr" Nonsensical statement. Surely you enjoy logic-reasoning as well?
Re: [ Content Deleted ]
Unintelligent_Anon
Png

#185503775Thursday, March 17, 2016 12:14 AM CDT
It is a simple case of psychological-addiction. Adolescent schoolchildren are often incapable of pressing a single button.
Re: Off-Topic Logic Game
Unintelligent_Anon
Png

#185521709Thursday, March 17, 2016 12:47 PM CDT
Let us utilize a combined logical operator to signify the "OR" statement. Given that OR is the inverse of AND, "~^" should suffice excellently.

Re: Where to get started with scripting?
Unintelligent_Anon
Png

#185556818Thursday, March 17, 2016 9:08 PM CDT
The choices for "scripting" vary significantly as multiple scripting languages exist. I presume that you intend to learn Lua scripting, yes?(Although there are quite a few other scripting languages available) If so, this is a rather excellent resource guide: http://www.lua.org/pil/ The above documentation was constructed by the individuals who created the Lua scripting language. It is rather descriptive in its explanations of the actual functionality of the language, and provides all of the necessary information involving "purified" Lua. Another potentially useful website is lua-users: http://lua-users.org/ It merely provides supplementary context to assist website users with understanding the content on the actual website. Although, it is essential to note that "RBX.Lua"(The variant of Lua used by ROBLOX) varies somewhat from "regular" or "pure" Lua, due to security purposes.

Re: Why standardized testing and education are crap imo
Unintelligent_Anon
Png

#185564116Thursday, March 17, 2016 11:18 PM CDT
"but i think that at the most basic level that rather than have people progress by age, they progress by knowledge levels mastery of a subject lets a person continue on at their own pace" Though you have a rather splendid suggestion, there is a significant issue that cannot be disregarded. Standardization is based solely on population educational sample analysis. Since each individual varies significantly in terms of characteristics/capabilities, this is actually quite limited in effectiveness. Thus, the entire process of standardization offers significant exclusion of individuality. If individuality is limited, students may have their knowledge gauged/taught in a manner which is inappropriate for them. An individual with a learning disorder involving abstraction should not be gauged in exactly the same manner as a overachieving mathematics student. It is very unlikely to be implemented correctly, given the inherent limitations of education.

Re: String. Starterpack
Unintelligent_Anon
Png

#185619268Friday, March 18, 2016 10:34 PM CDT
Hello, UPumpkin. Certainly, you will need an algorithm that can adequately access stored information about a given Player upon event-signalling. Afterwards, it is a matter of utilizing a conditional "if" statement to compare the quantities. I have devised a custom-notation example to attempt to help you(Note that this is quite different from the syntax used in Lua, as it is only an example expression): Sword = Object_Space["Sword"]; sub Check_Class(Player){ if(Player["Class"] >= 199){ Sword.Location = Player["Item_Storage"]; elseif(Player["Class"] < 199 & Player["Item_Storage"][Sword.Name] !== nil){ Player["Item_Storage"][Sword.Name] = nil; } } } Event_Space.Event:connect(Check_Class); Although the above is somewhat different from a typical Lua example, it seems sufficient to explain the process. A function known as "Check_Class" is created, with a parameter referring to the actual Player being modified(This assumes that the event signalling the function's execution will provide a reference to the Player object). Presumably, our Player object is a data structure containing a key known as "Class." The "Class" key allows is refer to the numerical quantity that we would like to compare to the maximum quantity, 199. Our specified "elseif" condition ensures that if the Class quantity is lesser than 199 whenever the event signals our function's execution, that the sword is properly removed. The "["Item_Storage"][Sword.Name] !== nil" segment ensures that an actual Sword object exists within the specified location. Regarding a concrete "Lua" example, these links may help you: http://wiki.roblox.com/index.php?title=Function http://wiki.roblox.com/index.php?title=Table http://wiki.roblox.com/index.php?title=Conditional_statement Although it is somewhat different from what you may have expected, I am hoping that this suggestion is useful for what you intend to accomplish. Goodbye.

Re: Y'know what the best part about Alternate Universes are?
Unintelligent_Anon
Png

#185622303Friday, March 18, 2016 11:26 PM CDT
Yes, I agree entirely. This is why Set-Theory/Abstract Algebra is very wonderful.
more_horiz
Re: Anyone remembers AhhTreeV3?
Unintelligent_Anon
Png

#185625183Saturday, March 19, 2016 12:29 AM CDT
Yes, certainly. This "legendary" user has become quite accustomed to ROBLOX Talk. I would suggest visiting the sub-section temporarily. It is very nice.
Re: Supposed to hang out with a girl tomorrow
Unintelligent_Anon
Png

#185625650Saturday, March 19, 2016 12:43 AM CDT
"I don't want to get in too deep" Nonsensical statement. You are deepening your vulnerability by continuously chatting with this individual over the Internet. I am certain that the person contacts another male immediately after having a "good chat" with you.

Re: i knocked this white kid in one punch.
Unintelligent_Anon
Png

#185630004Saturday, March 19, 2016 3:33 AM CDT
Boasting about victimizing Caucasian schoolchildren, yes? Typical. Inept animals cannot be removed from their cages.
Re: OT SINGS A MODERN POP SONG
Unintelligent_Anon
Png

#185671234Saturday, March 19, 2016 6:18 PM CDT
"Time" "won't" "give" "me" "time"
Re: Don't do drugs, man.. Seriously..
Unintelligent_Anon
Png

#185671547Saturday, March 19, 2016 6:22 PM CDT
Well, this is to be expected from African American individuals. They cannot perform manual labor without resorting to illicit drug transactions.

Re: Don't do drugs, man.. Seriously..
Unintelligent_Anon
Png

#185672091Saturday, March 19, 2016 6:30 PM CDT
"I'm not racist" It is not "racist" to accept the objective evidence. Valid statistical data has proven that African Americans propagate the vast majority of illicit drugs throughout vulnerable communities. This is, of course, disregarding the abuse of "government assistance" occurring. I presume that you have plenty of "half" siblings, yes?

Re: help me with math ot
ParadigmaticAnon
Png

#182597020Thursday, January 28, 2016 10:06 PM CST
Why are you asking impulsive adolescent schoolchildren over the Internet to perform basic trigonometric equation calculations for you? Use the known data to obtain the remaining side-lengths of the right-triangle and calculate the sine and cosine accordingly.
Re: noob help
ParadigmaticAnon
Png

#182597970Thursday, January 28, 2016 10:21 PM CST
A conditional statement would allow you to accomplish this. Presumably, you could create an algorithm such as this: function Check_Gold() Gold = 1; Maximum_Number = 10; if(Gold < Maximum_Num)then Gold = Gold + 1; Increases the value if the variable "Gold" is lesser than the limit; else print("You have reached the gold limitation!"); Event:connect(Check_Gold);

C Discussion Thread
ParadigmaticAnon
Png

#182598989Thursday, January 28, 2016 10:38 PM CST
Hello. The purpose of this thread is to discuss the use of C-based programming to manipulate data supplied to computing-system. Due to an obvious technicality involving scripting/programming, this would not be "appropriate" for the Scripters sub-section. As a result, any such suggestions will be ignored entirely. References to custom libraries are permitted.

Re: Where can I learn HTML?
ParadigmaticAnon
Png

#182599336Thursday, January 28, 2016 10:44 PM CST
Ah, here you go: http://www.tutorialspoint.com/html/index.htm
Re: C Discussion Thread
ParadigmaticAnon
Png

#182599997Thursday, January 28, 2016 10:58 PM CST
"I use code::blocks, what would you suggest?" I generally prefer to utilize a MingGW terminal, for file organization purposes. As for your project, it seems rather interesting. How exactly does your AI program generate new combinations when accurate answers are found, within the array?

Re: Attempting to make a tycoon door
ParadigmaticAnon
Png

#182611299Friday, January 29, 2016 7:20 AM CST
Apparently, the TeamColor property returns non-string data. As a result, any attempts to directly compare the string version of the data with the actual TeamColor data will return as false. Consider using something such as this: tostring(Ply.TeamColor) == "Color Name Here"; Alternatively, Ply.TeamColor == BrickColor.new("Color Name Here");
Re: Is anyone here black?
ParadigmaticAnon
Png

#182837660Monday, February 01, 2016 11:57 AM CST
"Something's wrong with you in the head. Do you realize that not every single black person is just a hood-rat that shoots things up and smokes all of the time? Some black people are innovative. Were you born this stupid or did you take lessons?" Exactly, "some" African-American individuals have minimal capability. The remaining majority rely heavily on organized-crime networks and slavery-based guilt propaganda to gain unnecessary privileges throughout society. Statistically-speaking, the vast majority of African Americans are violent criminals that cannot be expected to behave decently within the presence of respectable Caucasian/Asian/Latino individuals. There is nothing wrong with my reasoning on a psychological-basis; the objective evidence very explicitly demonstrates a pattern of civil-incompatibility. The moderators deleting my responses will not change this.

Re: Temp/Perm Saving
ParadigmaticAnon
Png

#182848427Monday, February 01, 2016 4:13 PM CST
The ROBLOX Lua API has a service known as "DataStoreService" that can be utilized to store/load certain types of data when an event occurs within a game. Here is a link below: http://wiki.roblox.com/index.php?title=Data_store
more_horiz
Re: How do I bypass stack overflows?
ParadigmaticAnon
Png

#182849115Monday, February 01, 2016 4:25 PM CST
"You want to avoid stack overflows? Write better code." Yes, I would have to agree with TickerOfTime entirely. Drafting efficient algorithms will allow you to easily use only minimal fractions of the data capacity within Lua. The error is merely the symptom of a problem.

Re: Bad question but...
ParadigmaticAnon
Png

#182864343Monday, February 01, 2016 8:25 PM CST
LocalScripts are generally utilized for client-sided functionality purposes. Server-sided scripts are utilized to affect the entire game.

Re: I want to learn to code lua
ParadigmaticAnon
Png

#182940797Wednesday, February 03, 2016 1:25 PM CST
Hello there. Given that you would like to manipulate Lua, I would suggest that you begin by researching the components of "Pure" Lua, which will introduce you to many fundamental concepts. Consider acquiring additional programming terminology as necessary also. Afterwards, the official ROBLOX Wiki can be utilized to obtain knowledge of the unique API that ROBLOX uses to perform special in-game functionality. Experiment with the links as you desire below: http://www.lua.org/pil/contents.html http://wiki.roblox.com/
more_horiz
Re: I want to learn to code lua
ParadigmaticAnon
Png

#182940882Wednesday, February 03, 2016 1:27 PM CST
"i dont think scratch counts as coding, no offence. It gets u used to the system kinda but coding is a stretch imo" While I would have to agree with such a statement, I suppose that it is excellent for introducing an individual to the logical-flow of an algorithm.

Re: Can anybody help with morphing
ParadigmaticAnon
Png

#182942784Wednesday, February 03, 2016 2:13 PM CST
"Morphing" can be accomplished by devising an algorithm that determines when a certain event occurs, and inserts a "Mesh" object inside of the Player object's limbs as a result, assuming that the object is a valid Player. Here is a sample algorithm that I devised for you(Note that this is not accurate in its depiction of API functions or properties, it was merely created to provide an example for implementing the algorithm suggested above): Obj = game.ObjectTable["Object1"]; function Mesh_Event(Ply) if(game.Players:FindFirstChild(Ply))then Mesh = Instance.new("ShapeMesh", Ply.Character["LimbName"]; end end Obj.Event:connect(Mesh_Event); The conditional statement is utilized to determine whether the parameter of the "Mesh_Event" function, Ply, is an actual Player object. The FindFirstChild() method will return a "nil" value if the object is not found within the "Players" table. Instance.new() will simply create a new object of the specified type, assuming that the type of object is existent within the game. I will provide you with beneficial links, as shown below: http://wiki.roblox.com/index.php?title=API:Class_reference http://wiki.roblox.com/index.php?title=AllTutorials#Scripting
more_horiz
Re: Can anybody help with morphing
ParadigmaticAnon
Png

#182943068Wednesday, February 03, 2016 2:18 PM CST
"Thx for the info but one more thing when i do Add Instance.new("") i can add more and anything right ?" "Instance.new()" accepts two "arguments" within the parentheses, a string containing the name of an object, and the Parent of the object within the game. If you do not provide a valid object string name as the first argument, you will receive an error. Here is the format: Instance.new("Argument1",Argument2);

Employment Log:

Job3

Job2

Job1

Job

Job4

Captuure

Captuuure

Capturrre

Programming Data:

Re: does any ot know how to script ?
AnonyAnonymous
Png

#145821269Wednesday, September 10, 2014 10:59 PM CDT
""I just meant that because LUA is a scripting language, it has a very different syntax then other more complex languages. This difference makes it not an ideal way to start." Comparing "Lua" as a whole to programming languages such as "C++" or "Java" in terms of usability would be entirely unfair as those languages are very much different from Lua. "Scripting Languages" and "General Programming" languages are considered different for numerous reasons although they both still have an eventual result of affecting the behavior of the computer. Personally, I think "Lua" is a very good "Scripting Language" for beginners to begin with, it's syntax is very much in multiple ways similar to other commonly used languages and despite the differences, you can apply many of the "core" programming concepts into "Lua" effectively, over-all, it's a matter of individual opinion and I think that "Lua" can be an excellent choice for beginners to learn as it can easily help them when they want to switch to much more detailed and powerful Non-Scripting languages.
Re: let's confuse everyone by speaking in lua
AnonyAnonymous
Png

#146085029Sunday, September 14, 2014 6:26 PM CDT
That comparison is rather unfair in terms of aspects such as syntax and functionality. "Lua" is a "Scripting-Language" while C++ is an actual complete "Programming Language" itself, "Lua" has many great features and libraries created in "C" enabling it to be used without the presence of another language and a large majority of the core programming concepts can be mimicked using "Lua".
Re: Working on a tech support site
AnonyAnonymous
Png

#146678512Wednesday, September 24, 2014 5:30 AM CDT
Ah yes, "Programming" is very entertaining, the syntax of that particular language seems rather familiar.
Re: I can learn programming languages easily
AnonyAnonymous
Png

#147333345Saturday, October 04, 2014 6:49 PM CDT
Although learning the syntax of a programming/scripting language can certainly be difficult, I've noticed that the over-all semantic linguistics appear to be significantly more difficult for beginners to grasp, although the majority of concepts can be universally applied. Don't rush into learning it, rather, recognize aspects you can understand and adapt your thinking to understand the pattern of logic.
Re: OT = ODers
AnonyAnonymous
Png

#158463983Sunday, March 22, 2015 7:20 PM CDT
"without defining an end nothing will happen." Well, except for the syntax errors due to the interpret being unable to pinpoint where the loop ceases.
more_horiz
Re: who loves programming blogs?
AnonyAnonymous
Png

#182468632Tuesday, January 26, 2016 5:54 PM CST
"what is that" Typically, websites consisting of individuals that regularly discuss aspects of Computer-Programming, such as techniques for manipulating syntax features or solutions to common errors for novices.

Re: So you think you can program
AnonyAnonymous
Png

#147799459Sunday, October 12, 2014 5:19 AM CDT
"scripting languages and programming languages have very different syntaxes" I'm not referring to the syntactical variation, I'm referring to the conceptual implementation capabilities.
Re: Scripting
AnonyAnonymous
Png

#150815772Sunday, November 30, 2014 1:50 PM CST
"Scratch" can be utilized to understand sequences and certain concepts, yet it's much too simplified to be utilized to actually teach components of Scripting such as syntactical guidelines. There's many groups and websites dedicated to programming and scripting, I would suggest utilizing lua-users.org as it provides a rather comprehensive list of guides to help you acquire knowledge of Scripting. You'll encounter a significant amount of trial and error, yet the concepts are relatively abstract. If you're interested, here's a link: http://lua-users.org/wiki/TutorialDirectory
Re: oo learning about lua
AnonyAnonymous
Png

#151396026Tuesday, December 09, 2014 10:52 AM CST
"it's just really hard to understand" Learning "Lua" is essentially learning a "Language". Each language has specific formatting rules and standards applied to concepts to enable linguistical stability. Although syntactical interpretation can be challenging to understand, I personally think that structuring the conceptual ideas together to develop a working solution is the significant problem that those interested in general Scripting/Programming encounter and this often results in discouragement.

Infection:

Re: help me with infections pls
AnonyAnonymous
Png

#139371244Saturday, July 05, 2014 8:01 PM CDT
Alright, where is the "inFECtion" replicating itself to?.
AnonyAnonymous
Png

#139371589Saturday, July 05, 2014 8:04 PM CDT
Alright, this is going to take a few minutes.
AnonyAnonymous
Png

#139371683Saturday, July 05, 2014 8:05 PM CDT
Move all of your models and other things into serverstorage.
AnonyAnonymous
Png

#139373151Saturday, July 05, 2014 8:22 PM CDT
Alright, test this out and tell me how well it works, Target = {"inFECtion"} while wait() do for _,v in pairs(Workspace:GetChildren()) do if v.Name == Target[1] then v.Parent = nil else for _,i in pairs() do i.DescendantAdded:connect(function(Descendant) if Descendant.Name == Target[1] then Descendantestroy() end end) end end end end

Re: How to make something rotate over time?
AnonyAnonymous
Png

#139513914Monday, July 07, 2014 2:48 AM CDT
Alright, an example would be, Rotation uses Vector3, an example would be, Part.Rotation = Vector3.new(XAxisNumbHere,YAxisNumberHere,ZAxisNumberHere)
Re: How to make a Teleporter?
AnonyAnonymous
Png

#139514844Monday, July 07, 2014 3:08 AM CDT
Contrary to my reply, you can actually just use, hit.Parent:MoveTo(TeleOut.Position) when you're using :MoveTo().
Re: what does "next" do
AnonyAnonymous
Png

#139515707Monday, July 07, 2014 3:30 AM CDT
I'll give you an example, NumTab = {1,2,3,4,5) print(next(NumTab,4)) This would print "4" because "4" is corresponding the fourth position in the table.
Re: How to make this script
AnonyAnonymous
Png

#139525932Monday, July 07, 2014 8:18 AM CDT
Camera = game.Workspace.CurrentCamera Camera.CameraType = "Scriptable" --While this won't exactly trap them in first person, when a LocalScript containing this is placed in somewhere such as the StarterPack or StarterGui, it will globally effect each player. More on this can be found here, http://wiki.roblox.com/index.php?title=Camera_manipulation
Re: math.random
AnonyAnonymous
Png

#139572040Monday, July 07, 2014 4:41 PM CDT
Most of it is correct however, You'll need to use something like, SelectedMap = maps[map] to individually choose one. Also, change math.random(#maps) to math.random(1, #maps).

Re: How do you create armor that can be bought?
AnonyAnonymous
Png

#139852055Thursday, July 10, 2014 1:40 AM CDT
There's more then one method of doing that, you'll have to decide and experiment Armor = Instance.new("Part") Armor.Position = Player.Torso.Position That's just an example, also, http://wiki.roblox.com/index.php?title=Welds
Re: How do I add a picture to a tool?
AnonyAnonymous
Png

#140009749Friday, July 11, 2014 2:17 PM CDT
No, insert the Decal into the game and copy the assetidlink of the decal under properties, then set that link as the TextureId via the script.
Re: Moving Character
AnonyAnonymous
Png

#140009864Friday, July 11, 2014 2:18 PM CDT
Character:MoveTo(Vector3.new(X,Y,Z))
Re: Choosing a random thing from a table
AnonyAnonymous
Png

#140042208Friday, July 11, 2014 7:50 PM CDT
There's multiple ways to do this actually, an example would be, ModelTable = game.Workspace.ModelTable:GetChildren() print(ModelTable[math.random(1,#ModelTable).Name])
Re: Key Simulation
AnonyAnonymous
Png

#140145309Saturday, July 12, 2014 7:35 PM CDT
Typically, you would get the "Mouse" to detect keys, there's multiple ways of getting the mouse so I'll give you an example of a way inside of a "LocalScript", Mouse = game.Players.LocalPlayer:GetMouse() Now that we have a variable with the Mouse's definition, we can use something such as, Mouse.KeyDown:connect(function(Key) print(Key) end) In the above example, the "Key" argument would be the key being pressed such as a letter or certain normal characters. If I used something like this however, Mouse.KeyDown:connect(function(Key) if Key == "a" then print("A") end end) That would use a conditional statement and print "A" into the output every time the key "A" is pressed in lowercase form, certain keys require certain special characters require certain methods to be detected, you can read more about this here, http://wiki.roblox.com/index.php?title=Taking_keyboard_input
Re: Tool script
Re: Get Children Help.
AnonyAnonymous
Png

#140172808Sunday, July 13, 2014 12:36 AM CDT
ToolsToBeRemoved = {1,2,3,4,5} for _,v in pairs(game.Players:GetChildren()) do for _,i in pairs(ToolsToBeRemoved) do if v.Backpack:FindFirstChild(i.Name) then v.Backpack:FindFirstChild(i.Name):Remove() end end end
Re: i,v
AnonyAnonymous
Png

#140369040Monday, July 14, 2014 9:29 PM CDT
It doesn't necessarily have to be "i,v" it can be something like, for Anything,Everything in pairs() do end "Anything" is the numerical order of the "Children" in the table, "Everything" is the actual "Child" of the table. An example would be, ChildTab = {"ChildOne","ChildTwo","ChildThree"} for _,ActualChild in pairs(ChildTab) do print(ActualChild) end That would print every "Child" of the table in order from the first to the last.
Re: I'm a beginner in scripting and I'm wondering..
AnonyAnonymous
Png

#140487984Tuesday, July 15, 2014 11:19 PM CDT
As an example, if I used something such as, for Num = 5,100,5 do print(Num) end "Num" would be the current number the loop has reached as a result, if it was at the beginning, "Num" would be equal to 5 because the loop's starting point is 5 and the point it's trying to reach is 100. In the example, "5,100,5", the last "5" would just add five continuously until it reached 100. To help you understand this better, "5,100" would just add 1 to the 5 until it reached 100. "print(Num)" would just print the value of Num the amount of times it takes to reach the ending point. Hopefully this helps you understand this more clearly.
Re: how do you use instance.new
AnonyAnonymous
Png

#140690327Thursday, July 17, 2014 8:43 PM CDT
An example would be something such as, Instance.new("Part",Workspace) Instance.new("Part") --Creates a brand new "Part" instance. ,Workspace --Assigns a parent to that "Part".
Re: How do you get all a tables children?
AnonyAnonymous
Png

#140690710Thursday, July 17, 2014 8:46 PM CDT
Alright, an example would be something such as, for Anything,AnythingElse in pairs(Workspace:GetChildren()) do print(AnythingElse) end "Workspace" is really just a table. ":GetChildren()" retrieves the entire table. "Anything" is the numerical order of the children within the table while "AnythingElse" is the actual child within the table.
Re: Cloning all children problem
AnonyAnonymous
Png

#140709097Thursday, July 17, 2014 11:53 PM CDT
for i,v in pairs(script.Slot1:GetChildren()) do f = v:Clone() end
Re: Cloning all children problem
AnonyAnonymous
Png

#140709381Thursday, July 17, 2014 11:56 PM CDT
Use something such as, x = script.Slot1:GetChildren() for i,v in pairs(x) do end
Re: Color determined by area
AnonyAnonymous
Png

#140712795Friday, July 18, 2014 12:38 AM CDT
Try using something such as "Region3", http://wiki.roblox.com/index.php/Region3
Re: How would I start to learn making guns?
AnonyAnonymous
Png

#141018959Sunday, July 20, 2014 10:26 PM CDT
Well, there's various methods actually, here's a few links to help you, http://wiki.roblox.com/index.php?title=Vector3 http://wiki.roblox.com/index.php?title=CFrame http://wiki.roblox.com/index.php?title=BodyMover_object It utilizes XYZ.
Re: How Do You Do Scripting?
AnonyAnonymous
Png

#141042201Monday, July 21, 2014 4:27 AM CDT
Scripting is essentially telling the engine to perform a series of task following a pattern of logic. When you begin to understand and interpret this logic, you'll realize that some concepts are easier for you to understand then others will be if you really desire to learn, http://wiki.roblox.com/index.php?title=AllTutorials This link might be able to help you understand Rbx.Lua and Lua in general better.
Re: Help Please
AnonyAnonymous
Png

#141043170Monday, July 21, 2014 4:50 AM CDT
game.Workspace.Nations.Nation_1.Attack.Start.Value = workspace.Eh.Head.Position
Re: Convert BrickColor to StringValue
AnonyAnonymous
Png

#141043310Monday, July 21, 2014 4:53 AM CDT
Have you tried using a "BrickColorValue" or do you specifically need a "StringValue"?.
Re: I have no idea how do this...
AnonyAnonymous
Png

#141045274Monday, July 21, 2014 5:39 AM CDT
Or to explain more in-depth, "bricks" would be a table since ":GetChildren()" returns the entire table. bricks would choose the position of the "Children" of the table in order.
Re: script not working
AnonyAnonymous
Png

#141262520Wednesday, July 23, 2014 5:17 AM CDT
Try using, pPos = pPos + Vector3.new(0,1,0) Inform us of the result.

Last edited:
Re: Sweeper
AnonyAnonymous
Png

#141268056Wednesday, July 23, 2014 7:51 AM CDT
These links might be able to help you. http://wiki.roblox.com/index.php?title=Vector3 http://wiki.roblox.com/index.php?title=CFraming
Re: Audio
AnonyAnonymous
Png

#141269530Wednesday, July 23, 2014 8:20 AM CDT
Enough with starting arguments on every thread already.
Re: Need help with audio
AnonyAnonymous
Png

#141269869Wednesday, July 23, 2014 8:25 AM CDT
You could try something such as, AudioTab = {SoundOne,SoundTwo} while wait() do if AudioTab[1].IsPlaying == false then AudioTab[2]:play() end end You'll have to modify this however.
Re: Randomized rotation
AnonyAnonymous
Png

#141270993Wednesday, July 23, 2014 8:43 AM CDT
math.random() requires parenthesis and parameters, an example would be, math.random(1,10) As for rotation, you would use Vector3. An example would be, game.Workspace.Part.Rotation = Vector3.new(math.random(),math.random(),math.random())
AnonyAnonymous
Png

#141271238Wednesday, July 23, 2014 8:46 AM CDT
Could you show me how you modified the script?.
AnonyAnonymous
Png

#141271387Wednesday, July 23, 2014 8:49 AM CDT
script.Parent.Rotation =Vector3.new(math.random(MinimumNumberHere,MaximumNumberHere),math.random(MinimumNumberHere,MaximumNumberHere),math.random(MinimumNumberHere,MaximumNumberHere))

AnonyAnonymous
Png

#141272037Wednesday, July 23, 2014 8:58 AM CDT
"Rotation" is a property, Vector3 utilizes XYZ, an example would be, game.Workspace.Part.Rotation = Vector3.new(X,Y,Z)
Re: Armour Morphs
AnonyAnonymous
Png

#141273321Wednesday, July 23, 2014 9:15 AM CDT
http://wiki.roblox.com/index.php?title=MouseButton1Click_%28Event%29
Re: Is it possible to move Players/Models with just one line?
AnonyAnonymous
Png

#141276405Wednesday, July 23, 2014 10:00 AM CDT
You could use something such as, Player.Character:MoveTo(Vector3.new(X,Y,Z)) More on this can be found here, http://wiki.roblox.com/index.php/MoveTo_%28Method%29

Re: Replacing a part of a string?
AnonyAnonymous
Png

#141380493Thursday, July 24, 2014 7:34 AM CDT
Do you mean something such as using, "string.gsub"?, An example would be something such as, StringVariable = "String" print(string.gsub(StringVariable,"Strin","String")) The first parameter is the string, the second is the part of the string you want to change, the third is what you want to change it with.
Re: player area
AnonyAnonymous
Png

#141488798Friday, July 25, 2014 5:02 AM CDT
Could you show us more of the script and explain the hierarchical order of the objects?.

Re: What Programming Languages Can You Program?
cntkillme
Png

#125064995Friday, February 07, 2014 12:03 AM CST
Yes, I have an issue with theft. And sure, you are better at Java since I barely know it. But I'm better than you in Lua, JavaScript, C++, and a lot more. I'm only naming programming/scripting languages here I assume you know anything about.