Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

News The future is here today: you can't play Bach on Youtube because Sony says they own his compositions

BlackOpsIIcel

BlackOpsIIcel

> > > > FAT GIRLS REJECT ME! < < < <
The future is here today: you can't play Bach on Youtube because Sony says they own his compositions
James Rhodes, a pianist, performed a Bach composition for his Youtube channel, but it didn't stay up -- Youtube's Content ID system pulled it down and accused him of copyright infringement because Sony Music Global had claimed that they owned 47 seconds' worth of his personal performance of a song whose composer has been dead for 300 years.

This is a glimpse of the near future. In one week, the European Parliament will vote on a proposal to force all online services to implement Content ID-style censorship, but not just for videos -- for audio, text, stills, code, everything.

Just last week, German music professor Ulrich Kaiser posted his research on automated censorship of classical music, in which he found that it was nearly impossible to post anything by composers like Bartok, Schubert, Puccini and Wagner, because companies large and small have fraudulently laid claim to their whole catalogs.

Europeans have one week to contact their MEPs to head off this catastrophe.

Stop what you're doing and contact two friends in the EU right now and send them to Save Your Internet -- before it's too late.

It's over for baroquecels

No but seriously this is bullshit and just goes to prove how backwards copyright laws can get.

I thought this vote failed. Are they trying it again? How fucked is everyone who uses the internet?

Doesnt copywrite end after like 80 years?

Fuck I should have learned to program! I'm not gonna know how to do shit in the cyberpunk dystopia...

Fuck I should have learned to program! I'm not gonna know how to do shit in the cyberpunk dystopia...

Can't wait for that game. Also, that world seems better than ours. Despite being a "dystopia."

Sony? More like Gayny

Yeah, I know.. YouTube is fucking retarded, it has been since 2016 or so and femoid controls everything there.. Although they use artificial intelligence for video removal and detection.
Idk why make an article including this tho, he could just dispute the claim lol.