Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

I LOOKSMAX for MYSELF, not for anyone else.

Dry Spell

Dry Spell

Officer
★★
1. I apply lotion to get rid of ugly acne and take finasteride to get rid of ugly baldness.
2. I use expensive lotions, soaps and shampoos.
3. I gymcel (exercise hard) and eat healthy to maintain low bodyfat % and visible abs. I am lean and toned, not bulky and muscular though. If I got bulky, I would look like one of those 5"8 manlet muscle marys in the gym who try too hard. Still, exercising is something I enjoy and it's a good use of one's time.
4. I even occasionally tan for the Vitamin D and slight bronze effect it has on my pasty skin.
5. I get haircuts and shower regularly. Sometimes I take bath instead of showers though, and I feel like maybe that's what's truly holding me back. 
6. I buy flattering fashionable clothes from hip, overpriced stores like Express, Superdry, Guess, etc., usually I purchase black clothes admittedly, but I have also been trying to incorporate more color into my wardrobe recently. 
7. I stretch every morning and do yoga so that I stand tall and appear taller so that someone mistakes me for 5"9 instead of 5"8.
7. I don't drink tap water so that my testosterone stays as high as possible.
8. I buy only flattering mirrors

Does anyone else LOOKSMAX for themselves and nobody else?
I know a 4/10 will never become and 8/10, but I don't mind trying. I have no delusions about my looksmaxing. I know it won't lead to a relationship.
It's just something I do to pamper and treat myself. If you don't treat yourself well, who will?

If you want high testosterone, just inject.

Of course I looksmax to get girls, saying otherwise is cope.

Honestly, you sound like you spend a shit ton of money on stuff that really won't benefit you (expensive soaps and clothes).

There's probably better copes to sink money into.

CopingGymcel said:
If you want high testosterone, just inject.
Of course I looksmax to get girls, saying otherwise is cope.

Feeling good about yourself is not cope. It's survival.

Like gymcels who lift for themseves

Looksmaxing for myself = feeling good about getting positive reactions/reinforcement of others cause of better looks

and girls dress slutty for herselves not for chads.

keep that cope game dude

>I use makeup for MYSELF, not for anyone else

I used to looksmax for myself because I had performance goals in sports, because I hated how I looked when I put on weight, and felt better about myself when I was in shape. Ever since losing the time to go to the gym, I've been more depressed and fail to take better care of myself. I would characterize the motivation overall as philosophical - I believe it was Marcus Aurelius (profile pic related) that said something along the lines of, "a man who has not tested the limits of what his body can do is not truly living."

blickpall said:
I used to looksmax for myself because I had performance goals in sports, because I hated how I looked when I put on weight, and felt better about myself when I was in shape. Ever since losing the time to go to the gym, I've been more depressed and fail to take better care of myself. I would characterize the motivation overall as philosophical - I believe it was Marcus Aurelius (profile pic related) that said something along the lines of, "a man who has not tested the limits of what his body can do is not truly living."

Being fat is gross and unnatural IMO.

I feel uncomfortable in my own skin when I gain weight, because gaining weight is almost always an indicator of poor self control (or at the very least, an indicator of slowly failing health.) Looksmaxing is one thing, respecting your body is another, but there's overlap.

I've never heard the Marcus Aurelius quote, but Socrates had tough-love fitness advice:
f00da097dd77c211d62619c0da3b6af7--socrates-ancient-greece.jpg

Hippocrates also:
11249814_1579922992277043_1956179231_n.jpg

VLÖ said:
Honestly, you sound like you spend a shit ton of money on stuff that really won't benefit you (expensive soaps and clothes).
There's probably better copes to sink money into.

I enjoy using high-quality soaps and wearing clothes that aren't sweatpants once in a while.

I don't think the clothes will benefit me, but using less toxic personal care products is a plus. Many of the ingredients in regular drugstore or grocery soaps supposedly have endocrine-disrupting properties. In either case, the science is not clear either, but since I failed at the genetic lotto, I'm not going to purposely expose myself to toxic chemicals that probably affect me more than Chad's superhuman genetics which allow him to drink copious amounts of alcohol without liver damage.

You forgot to mark as Humour.

RealestFakecel said:
and girls dress slutty for herselves not for chads.

keep that cope game dude

give this man a metal