Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Discussion You're not socially awkward, you're just not given a chance to talk

Bruticus

Bruticus

Underdeveloped shitskin
★★★★★
The more I realize it, I'm not even socially awkward. I assume many people here are going to be like "omg, but I'm such an aspie broooooo. No one ever talks me to me. Woe is meee :soy::soy::soy::soy:" but just let me finish.

I notice that even with the very few people I get along with, they actually let me talk and don't act really cold and ruin the vibe. I notice that I'm not really lacking in any social skills whatsoever. Whenever I try to hang out with someone they usually act cold or just talk over me. I sent one of my "friends" a snap asking when he wanted to hang out after our group went to a local sports game (I'm the odd friend nobody really wants there) and he just left me on read.

But with my only true friend at the moment, he actually hears me out and wants to do things with me. When I say something he actually thinks about it and gives me a reasonable answer rather than something fucking stupid or bland.

But the bottom fucking line is that I say the same things to both my friend and my "friend group" but the former cares whereas the latter doesn't even try. I don't even act differently, and therefore it's more that the friend group doesn't want me while the one friend I have actually cares what I have to say.

stop typing like this

true. a lot of "normies" are very socially retarded these days. it's just a platitude terminally online redditors say to gaslight you

JFL opie claims he's not an aspie his text style betrays him
I write in big font cuz i know some low IQ nigger will be like "dnrd" if I write too small

unfortunately there is always some fag like you who feels the need to write something stupid instead of letting me vent, smh @ you

You're not socially awkward, you're just not given a chance to talk​

jfl, literally happens to me all the time, when i try to talk with a group of people someone else interrupts me and talks louder so no one can hear me. :fuk::fuk:

jfl, literally happens to me all the time, when i try to talk with a group of people someone else interrupts me and talks louder so no one can hear me. :fuk::fuk:
they don't even care. No matter how much I talk to them or try to be "one of the guys" it doesn't work. It's like trying to cut through tank armor with safety scissors :feelskek:

bit of both tbh. I believe all the rejections and isolation has messed me up socially and my parents were crazy strict but at the same time ive never really been giving a chance.

Sometimes this is the case but I do have issues socially. Whenever topics that I am passionate about come up, I am put on the spot or I become anxious from the nature of social situations, I start shaking, tearing up a bit and touching my face like an autist. I don't know how to fix this, the therapist I went to didn't help. It might be a result of thousands of hours arguing with myself to refine my ideas without talking to anyone about them and my insecurity around existing along side people who view me as an alien for not picking up on subtleties/social mores, being short and having conflicting and esoteric interests. You are right in the case that I am comfortable around people. The average person will pay no attention to me even when I make a concerted effort to talk to them. This includes saying their name, I just get ignored most of the time.

That’s correct. If you can socialize just fine with people who don’t socially barricade you via gaslighting, disrespect, lack of response in conversation, and disinterest, it means your social skills are up to par and there is nothing wrong with them or your personality.

Nah I’m pretty aspie, I struggle to think of responses on the spot when people say shit to me. At the same time though I’ve been trying to talk more recently and I’ve been getting 1 word mumble responses from people, basically acting aspie like me. Makes me rage, am I saying something wrong? Fucking normies I’m the aspie one not you :feelsree::feelsree:

I’m socially awkward

It's funny how you'll get harassed for being quiet or awkward when they just ignore you or put you down whenever you try to say something anyways.

Am I to blame for being awkward or is it actually their fault? My shrinks seem to think I have good social skills and don't understand either. But hey, must just need more therapy.

true. a lot of "normies" are very socially retarded these days. it's just a platitude terminally online redditors say to gaslight you

I can relate a lot to this post. Yes I'm not even socially awkward, when I play on voice comms with random normies and foids they usually tell me I'm funny.

Irl I'm not even given a chance, I'm always getting sidelined and left at the bottom of the barrel for everything. It actually pisses me the fuck off and way more than simply being a sexless male.
Also wall of text incoming lol

A few examples:
-Just yesterday someone told me there was a chat group for our course, not even for a social circle and no one invited me. When I asked to join they simply dodged the question

-Likewise, for our engineering class I couldn't find my assigned group and the assholes told me last minute via E-MAIL that I was the only one who wasn't in it yet

-The one dude that I was getting along with just ignored my ass when I said hi to him and befriended a dork ass normie instead.

Two of these things happened yesterday btw
i think it's pretty based and autismpilled tbh
It makes shit easier and less tiresome to read tbh

Correct. Most of someone's perceived social ability is simply how other people treat them, independently of the subjects actual ability to hold a conversation.
So you have an effect were people think you're socially retarded because women scrunch their faces and refuse to engage with you so it *appears* as if you can't hold a conversation when really it's just women refusing to allow you to hold one in their presence. Men follow along because they don't want to reduce their social standing with women and it's like a domino effect from there.

Any one else have it where you have some friends and one time you hang out with them but a female is around and suddenly their personality completely changes and they don't find anything you say funny anymore? There was even a point were I told the exact same joke as an experiment and what was met with a laugh before was responded with "That's not funny at all" just because a foid was around. And you can tell it wasn't because they had heard it already, because then the response would have been "yeah I heard that one already get some new material".