Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Gaming "Woke" games only let you play as the approved side?

Hoppipolla

Hoppipolla

hop on jj2
★★★★
Has anyone else noticed this?

Normally in many games you can choose which side you want to play - often the side considered good or the side considered bad.

For example in Command & Conquer you could play as The Brotherhood of Nod even though they were the bad guys.

In woke games though I feel like they think that if they let people play as the bad guys they might get bad thoughts or start sympathising with the enemy.

Plus the developers might look bad if they let you play as the bad guys.

So you can only play as the approved side.

This just bothered me in some modern games so I wanted to bring it up and see if anyone else has noticed it.

They need to let us play as the good guys in wolfenstein for once tbh

I mean wokies are very risk averse and they try to make their products as painfully inoffensive as they can. They will never do the "see the badguy's POV and understand his reasons" narrative. Also wokies are complete blind to the concept of nuance and perceive the opposing side as Saturday morning cartoon villains. Seems like a pretty straightforward conclusion to me that they would only include the approved side.

This makes it even worse in that they're really good at choosing/creating great villains! The Nazis are awesome antagonists as are many other "factions" but then they say you can't play as them!

Leaving aside the debate about who were the good guys in WW2 for a sec, lol

Vanguard (most woke COD yet), they don't even have factions in multiplayer. It's a diverse group of allies vs another diverse group of allied forces

Vanguard (most woke COD yet), they don't even have factions in multiplayer. It's a diverse group of allies vs another diverse group of allied forces

So... it's a WW2 game where you can't even play on the Axis side in multiplayer? That's crazy, lol

The game that actually inspired this thread is this one:

View: https://store.steampowered.com/app/686260/Forged_Battalion/

I mean, on its own it wouldn't have bothered me. Playing as the resistance to some big evil empire and trying to protect the planet from climate change. Whatever. It's not the premise I would have come up with but it's serviceable.

The problem is that so many games had/have that same kind of premise. I also think it's the first Westwood/Petroglyph game where you can't play as the "bad guys".

The resistance also seemed kind of smarmy and whiney, lol. As they always are I think!

OK mini rant over. XD

I just wish I could have some escape from all this stuff but it infects almost everything.

I haven't heard of woke games.
Like I am curious about them.

I like that I can join the Legion in Fallout: New Vegas. :feelsjuice:

They're filled with inaccuracies. WWII games consistently fail to take the player through the construction of smoke stacks leading to nowhere to fool post war onlookers into believing there was ever incinerators at internment camps. Or how the Roosevelt administration had advanced knowledge of Pearl Harbor.

They're filled with inaccuracies. WWII games consistently fail to take the player through the construction of smoke stacks leading to nowhere to fool post war onlookers into believing there was ever incinerators at internment camps. Or how the Roosevelt administration had advanced knowledge of Pearl Harbor.

Seriously, we need to be able to play as the Nazis in Wolfenstein. A Nazi Blazkowicz would be a good alternative.

Seriously, we need to be able to play as the Nazis in Wolfenstein. A Nazi Blazkowicz would be a good alternative.
I would love to play as a based SS commando and pump that faggot Blazkowicz full of lead:feelsLSD:

I would love to play as a based SS commando and pump that faggot Blazkowicz full of lead:feelsLSD:

There's probably a reskin floating around somewhere for prison architect.

I'm always surprised there don't seem to be any mods like this, or spin-offs.

Maybe there aren't enough people who want to play a game like that.

Also it would have to be a complete conversion really because you'd need to be infiltrating Allied territory. Unless maybe you're liberating the Axis maps from Allied occupation. That would be easy to mod if the game allows it.

Does anyone ever play as the good guy in video games? I always play evil.

I'm always surprised there don't seem to be any mods like this, or spin-offs.

Maybe there aren't enough people who want to play a game like that.

Also it would have to be a complete conversion really because you'd need to be infiltrating Allied territory. Unless maybe you're liberating the Axis maps from Allied occupation. That would be easy to mod if the game allows it.
This is the closest we've got, still p based tbh

Cultural puritans being cultural puritans, the Christians of yesterday, the Woketards of today, and who knows which idiots will try to take our liberties tomorrow.

The idea behind it is that there's only one side to the story, their side. If you're allowed to have other perspectives or empathy for the opposing side you'll be excommunicated by them and they'll try to destroy you for questioning the absolute nature of their ideology. :blackpill:

I always like playing as the villains in games. It's just more fun and appealing, maybe because it's not what I'm used to. I also like asshole and villainous protagonist in movies. Maybe I'm just edgy but it's fun

like in WW2 game you can only play as america and rest of allies, sometime soviets.
i really like nazi aesthetics so this has always been annoy me.
in men of war you can play as both allies and axis, the game is from russia that's why.

Does anyone ever play as the good guy in video games? I always play evil.

I usually do play as the "good side" in games... Atreides, Allies, GDI, etc.

But I've always appreciated having the option of playing as the other side.

Taking that away just makes me not want to play the game at all because I feel like I'm being forced into one way of thinking and one perspective. I get that a lot of other genres do that but in RTS having this choice is something I've gotten so used to. Sometimes the "good guys" are kind of annoying and you want to kick their ass. XD

This is the closest we've got, still p based tbh

I've played a fair bit of this actually! It's a fun game. But yeah I wish we had more game options for playing as the Nazis.

One thing I kind of enjoyed was turning off AI detect in Return To Castle Wolfenstein. Then you can explore all these amazing Axis maps populated by Nazi soldiers who talk to each other and so on, without having to fight them. It's really atmospheric and cool :)

When I learn programming I will make incel simulator Minecraft edition