Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

News Tres Genco update: Ohio incel who allegedly planned mass shooting files motion to dismiss federal "machine gun" charge

PPEcel

PPEcel

cope and seethe
-
NINTCHDBPICT000667525428

A picture of Genco in Fort Benning, Georgia undergoing U.S. Army Basic Training

Background

Genco faces one charge of an attempted hate crime involving an attempt to kill, punishable by up to life imprisonment, and one count of illegal possession of a machinegun, punishable by up to ten years' imprisonment.

For more information, view previous thread:
Tres Genco update: federal jury trial scheduled for Ohiocel who allegedly planned to kill sorority Stacies

Latest developments

Yesterday, Genco's legal team filed the following four motions in federal court. I have attached the full text motions.

1. Motion to suppress evidence from warrantless search

As part of a heated domestic incident with his mother, Genco granted verbal consent to HCSO (Highland County Sheriff's Office) deputies to look for a handgun. During the search, HCSO deputies rummaged through his belongings, found and read a set of handwritten papers that allegedly contained Genco's plans to commit a mass shooting at Ohio State University.

Genco's lawyers argue that the search of those papers were beyond the scope of the warrantless search that Genco consented to, violated his Fourth Amendment rights, and therefore should be suppressed under the exclusionary rule.

2. Motion to suppress evidence seized from search warrant

HCSO deputies used the handwritten papers from the warrantless search to obtain a search warrant from state court, arguing that there was probable cause that Genco made "terroristic threats", a violation of Ohio law. (Note: Genco was subsequently convicted on this aforementioned state charge, though what is admissible in state court does not necessarily comport with what is admissible in federal court)

Genco's lawyers argue that there was no probable cause that Genco had made "terroristic threats". Under Ohio law, such a threat must be communicated to a target, and since Genco's writings were kept in the privacy of his bedroom, probable cause does not exist. They also argue that Genco's writings, since they were not communicated to anyone, were protected by the First Amendment and the right to privacy. In addition, HCSO deputies did not specify an address on the face of the search warrant. Under Groh v. Ramirez (2004), a warrant that does not adequately describe the persons or things to be seized is invalid under the Fourth Amendment.

Therefore, Genco's lawyers argue, the evidence from the warrant should be suppressed under the exclusionary rule.

3. Motion for bill of particulars and to extend motion deadline

A bill of particulars is essentially a request for the prosecution to elaborate.

Federal prosecutors allege that a series of Genco's acts—joining the U.S. Army, posting on incel forums, buying weapons and ammunition, writing—were all part of a broad, "continuing attempt" to kill women. Genco's lawyers argue that there is no evidence that Genco actually attempted to kill any person, and therefore want further detail on the nature of the prosecution's argument, so they can better rebut it at trial.

4. Motion to dismiss Count 2 of the Indictment

Genco is being charged with illegal possession of a machinegun, specifically a Glock handgun with its serial number and manufacturer's markings removed. I was initially under the impression, based on my reading of the complaint and the indictment, that the handgun was illegally modified to fire fully automatically.

However, Genco's legal team says that the Glock handgun was not modified in such a manner, and fires semi-automatically. Therefore, it does not constitute a "machinegun" under federal law.

Genco's lawyers also argue that the Commerce Clause of Article 1, Section 8 of the Constitution does not give the federal government authority to regulate the private possession of machine guns under the, and are raising this argument at this stage of the proceedings merely to preserve it for potential review by the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit or even the U.S. Supreme Court.

Commentary

Under Judge Susan J. Dlott's scheduling orders, Assistant U.S. Attorney Megan Gaffney Painter and her co-counsel will have to file their rebuttals within the next week. I will reply to this thread with an update when that happens.

I expect the prosecutors to argue against the motions to suppress evidence from the warrantless search under the plain view doctrine, and against the motion to suppress evidence from the search warrant under the good-faith exception to the exclusionary rule, but there's no saying what tricks they're going to pull up their sleeves.

I expect and hope that Judge Dlott grants the third motion. A bill of particulars would not only bolster Genco's defense, but would also allow the public to better understand Genco's activities on and off incel forums and the strength of the government's evidence. Also, if the bill does not sufficiently establish probable cause that Genco committed an attempted hate crime, his lawyers could file a motion to dismiss.

Regarding the fourth motion, if the Glock is indeed semi-auto, then that's just plain incompetence on the part of the prosecutor, if it does not fire continuously with a single trigger pull, then it is not a "machinegun".

It is also worth noting that in addition to the pistol, Genco was also caught with an AR-15 with an illegal bump stock, but was not charged for it. My educated guess as to why prosecutors declined to add a second "machinegun possession" charge is that there is a high-profile lawsuit pending an en banc rehearing in the conservative-dominated Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals, Gun Owners of America v. Garland, that calls into question the constitutionality of the federal regulation banning bump stocks. The Sixth Circuit has appellate jurisdiction over federal district courts in Ohio (and Kentucky, Michigan, and Tennessee).

@kanyepilled @ineedassistance @Languishingrn @BummerDrummer @-BrettyBoy- @Uglychincel @mNFwTJ3wz9 @BlkPillPres @dreadtheblackpill @Master @AutisticMonstrosity @Mecoja @FlyFace @MabundaG @PoodankMcGee @Mogged Loner @Azaylias @keksofthebest @solblue @Escthectrler @Diocel @notafed @Robtical @Emba @gymletethnicel @erenyeager @ricecel_gone_er @Sportbro @Hell @Wellington @IncelCatechumen @your personality @Benj-amin @Idlevillagercel @Dregster666 @LDARbeforeROPE @unsettling @Lv99_BixNood @Transcended Trucel @incelerated @bigantennaemay1 @Kamikaze @metabuxx @sckicksal345 @Mentally lost cel @get_even @SelfCrucified @Sportbro @Gyros_Pretcel @Ritalincel @refmd @commander_zoidberg @rope2cope @Linesnap99 @l33tbl0k3 @Arthas93 @Copexodius Maximus

@FamilyGuy1999 @Lookscel @Dotrinfobe

I mentioned people who made a substantial comment (i.e. not merely a quote) on previous threads about this case. Tell me if you want to be added or removed from future case updates.

Last edited:
Do you think he will get life? As some [UWSL]newspapers [/UWSL]said it was possible to happen

I can’t wrap my head around why they deemed a Glock to be a machine gun, when it’s obviously not, and not the AR with the bump stock. Even though a bump stock is not a machine gun, and if I’m not mistaken the courts have already struck down the bump stock ban, but still, it’s within the realm of weaponry that some people might call and reasonably believe or expect others to believe is a machine gun.

Do you think he will get life? As some [UWSL]newspapers [/UWSL]said it was possible to happen
No. Life is maximum but I highly doubt he'll get there. Very worst-case scenario, 30 years, but even 20 years would be a stretch. Plus Dlott has a reputation for being a lenient judge.

But the case isn't strong. It was less of an actual attempt to kill and more of a highly questionable pattern of behaviour.

Imo sadly it's possible, I'm concerned that his fate might be similar to AM :feelsugh::feelsugh::feelsugh:
But hopefully it won't be so bad bro :feelsautistic::feelsautistic::feelsautistic::feelsautistic:
No. Life is maximum but I highly doubt he'll get there. Very worst-case scenario, 30 years, but even 20 years would be a stretch. Plus Dlott has a reputation for being a lenient judge.

But the case isn't strong. It was less of an actual attempt to kill and more of a highly questionable pattern of behaviour.
Hmm, so the situation isn't as severe as I supposed :feelssus::feelssus:

Last edited:
I can’t wrap my head around why they deemed a Glock to be a machine gun, when it’s obviously not, and not the AR with the bump stock. Even though a bump stock is not a machine gun, and if I’m not mistaken the courts have already struck down the bump stock ban, but still, it’s within the realm of weaponry that some people might call and reasonably believe or expect others to believe is a machine gun.
I can't either. I thought based on the complaint I read a month ago that the trigger mechanism on the Glock was illegally modified, but if it wasn't then it's obviously not a machine gun. JFL

This is true. One of my good online friends had a similar type of scenario to this guy's, where he made some specific threats and he did some other illegal stuff. They even found a gun on him, but he got sentenced earlier this year to only three years in prison.

This is true. One of my good online friends had a similar type of scenario to this guy's, where he made some specific threats and he did some other illegal stuff. They even found a gun on him, but he got sentenced earlier this year to only three years in prison.
state or federal? i'm guessing state. if federal is it 875c?

state or federal? i'm guessing state. if federal is it 875c?
I'm positive he went to federal court, though I'm not sure if it was 875c or not. The whole thing was pretty publicized when it first came out, but the final verdict or whatever wasn't. I only knew of the sentence he got through a real life friend of his. I think he got a lesser sentence because his parents were loaded, and they probably got a really good lawyer.

Seems unfair to give him a long sentence since he didn't really do anything.

Seems unfair to give him a long sentence since he didn't really do anything.
What do you mean by "didn't really do anything"? :soy:

He's an evil entitled ugly man who had the gall to want to be treated like affectionately by women!!!!!! :soy:

I'm positive he went to federal court, though I'm not sure if it was 875c or not. The whole thing was pretty publicized when it first came out, but the final verdict or whatever wasn't. I only knew of the sentence he got through a real life friend of his. I think he got a lesser sentence because his parents were loaded, and they probably got a really good lawyer.
If it was section 875c (which is the most common provision to charge someone with threats for, at the federal level), the statutory maximum is 5 years, so a 3-year sentence is common

Genco isn't even facing a threats charge, he's facing hate crime, section 249, max is life in his particular case

If it was section 875c (which is the most common provision to charge someone with threats for, at the federal level), the statutory maximum is 5 years, so a 3-year sentence is common

Genco isn't even facing a threats charge, he's facing hate crime, section 249, max is life in his particular case
I looked up my friend's specific case, and 875c was actually on there with four other counts. They originally stated that he could have got 100 years in prison. I'm guessing he got a generous plea deal. Though I am not too well versed in law, tbhlossus. :feelsmage:

I looked up my friend's specific case, and 875c was actually on there with four other counts. They originally stated that he could have got 100 years in prison. I'm guessing he got a generous plea deal. Though I am not too well versed in law, tbhlossus. :feelsmage:
Jfl who are you hanging out with

I'm imagining the 4 other counts are serious or the feds are charge stacking like morons

Jfl who are you hanging out with

I'm imagining the 4 other counts are serious or the feds are charge stacking like morons
Another big thing that got him done dirty was that he was a Hamas sympathizer and even donated to them. I used to play CS with him every day for a couple hours. He even knew I was inkwell and understood where I was coming from, he always talked about how much he hated Western women.

Feds definitely fucked up this case :feelshaha:

If the Glock wasn't modified to fire automatically, then this case will start to fall apart. Once the feds elaborate, then I think he might end up getting much less time than I thought.

It's way too early to celebrate.

But it's nice to see that he has an experienced legal team, and not some kid in his 20s who just graduated a year ago from a third-rate law school and barely passed the bar.

I can't either. I thought based on the complaint I read a month ago that the trigger mechanism on the Glock was illegally modified, but if it wasn't then it's obviously not a machine gun. JFL
There exists a replacment backplate for Glock pistols, with a switch that engages an auto sear to automatically trip the striker when the slide returns to battery. That backplate itself is defined by the ATF to be a machinegun. Its not impossible to get a hold of, and is pretty popular among gangbangers in Chicago. It is the only way to turn a Glock full auto.. But if he had one of those, it would definitely have been mentioned.

it’s this:

Attachments

• A5C8AB77-6823-45E5-B711-F9D72EE74312.webp
    138 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:
There exists a replacment backplate for Glock pistols, with a switch that engages an auto sear to automatically trip the striker when the slide returns to battery. That backplate itself is defined by the ATF to be a machinegun. Its not impossible to get a hold of, and is pretty popular among gangbangers in Chicago. It is the only way to turn a Glock full auto.. But if he had one of those, it would definitely have been mentioned.

it’s this:
Magic button?

They're are very popular amung Chicago niggers... For when you really need to kill a lot of niggers EXCEPT the one your pointing sideways at!

Magic button?

They're are very popular amung Chicago niggers... For when you really need to kill a lot of niggers EXCEPT the one your pointing sideways at!
Haha. I’ve never heard them called magic buttons. Niggers call them “Glock wud a switch”

they look fun af

niggers generally like meme guns. Their favorite “draco” is a short barrel AK without a stock. Probabaly the least practical and most hard to shoot type of gun in existence. They also like drums on pistols, which is just lol tier.

Haha. I’ve never heard them called magic buttons. Niggers call them “Glock wud a switch”

they look fun af

niggers generally like meme guns. Their favorite “draco” is a short barrel AK without a stock. Probabaly the least practical and most hard to shoot type of gun in existence. They also like drums on pistols, which is just lol tier.
According to internet website, a magic button is $1000usd. Or you can make your own with a cad machine. The file is online somewhere. Probably free.

Ak's and Russian ammo will be illegal next month. So the faster them retards waste ammo the better for the rest of us.

But then again, the same jews that currently provide niggers with illegal weapons, will just charge more for Russian stuff.

Since a chimp will probably jam a ar fast since they require maintenance.

According to internet website, a magic button is $1000usd. Or you can make your own with a cad machine. The file is online somewhere. Probably free.

Ak's and Russian ammo will be illegal next month. So the faster them retards waste ammo the better for the rest of us.

But then again, the same jews that currently provide niggers with illegal weapons, will just charge more for Russian stuff.

Since a chimp will probably jam a ar fast since they require maintenance.
Idk if the russian ammo ban is cause to worry. So much of US ammo comes from wolf and Tula, they will prob slap “made in ukraine” or something on the packages and ship them here no problem. And if not, well US companies will probably start making 762 and 545

Idk if the russian ammo ban is cause to worry. So much of US ammo comes from wolf and Tula, they will prob slap “made in ukraine” or something on the packages and ship them here no problem. And if not, well US companies will probably start making 762 and 545
Perhaps

when youre an incel , society gives you the harshest sentences

he has to keep it together

Very interesting stuff. He's got a tough case. He can get convicted on illegal modifications alone. Still, this is pertinent to incels as they are clearly trying to paint him out to be the next ER whether true or not. The problem comes from having papers documenting his plans for a mass shooting. He shouldn't have written anything down even if he was just venting. I'm not a lawyer but, depending on how recent those papers are, I don't think the 4th amendment will save him as he gave them permission to search his belongings. In our current judicial climate he's lucky if gets off without attempted murder

If he was a nigger he would have already robbed two liquor stores and be drunk on freedom looking at his new statue.

he has to keep it together
Very interesting stuff. He's got a tough case. He can get convicted on illegal modifications alone. Still, this is pertinent to incels as they are clearly trying to paint him out to be the next ER whether true or not. The problem comes from having papers documenting his plans for a mass shooting. He shouldn't have written anything down even if he was just venting. I'm not a lawyer but, depending on how recent those papers are, I don't think the 4th amendment will save him as he gave them permission to search his belongings. In our current judicial climate he's lucky if gets off without attempted murder
If he was a nigger he would have already robbed two liquor stores and be drunk on freedom looking at his new statue.

update if you haven't seen this one btw:

Users who are viewing this thread

shape1
shape2
shape3
shape4
shape5
shape6
Back