Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

JFL Epic Fail: 15-year-old foid commits suicide after watching Netflix. Now a federal appeals court will hear her parents’ silly lawsuit.

PPEcel

PPEcel

cope and seethe
-
062bee0ecd471c74c5ac62e1708d97a8

Imagine failing in life on recruit difficulty.

But that’s what happened to 15-year-old Isabella Herndon, who unalived herself after watching “Thirteen Reasons Why,” a series that received extensive criticism for its graphic portrayal of rape and suicide. Here’s a Facebook post by her father about his daughter's unaliving:

I mean, how do you even become depressed as a white femoid? But I digress. :feelskek::feelskek::feelskek:

Back in January 2022, @RoastieBeef and I wrote separate threads on the Herndon family’s lawsuit after a federal district judge dismissed it. In their attempt to block Netflix’s motion to strike, the Herndon family’s attorneys attempted to argue that their lawsuit was targeted not at the content of the show itself, but at Netflix's recommendation algorithms. But Judge Yvonne Gonzalez Rogers rejected this argument:
Plaintiffs’ efforts to oppose the anti-SLAPP motion on the grounds that the complaint does not concern the content or dissemination of the show do not persuade and are inconsistent with the allegations. See, e.g., Doe, 730 F.3d at 955 (“But for the broadcast and Defendants’ actions in connection with that broadcast, Plaintiff would have no reason to sue Defendants.”); Bill v. Superior Court, 137 Cal. App. 3d 1002, 1007 (1982) (rejecting the plaintiff’s argument that the failure to warn claim did not concern the content of the film on the basis that the showing of the movie “tended to attract violence-prone persons to the vicinity of the theater, [] precisely because of the film’s content, and for no other reason”).

In other words, Judge Rogers concluded that the content of Thirteen Reasons Why was inextricably tied to the very nature of the Herndon family’s claims, and because the content was an exercise of Netflix's free speech rights, Netflix could not be tortiously liable for it.

At the time, we praised Judge Rogers’ ruling. Here at Incels.is, we frequently engage in speech that normies consider shocking, offensive, or disagreeable—so we have a vested interest in seeing that the First Amendment is upheld for generations to come. The First Amendment undoubtedly protects speech regarding suicide, sexual assault, and school violence, among other distressing issues that are in the public interest, and imposes no obligation on speakers to sanitize or self-censor their speech. That’s why we think Netflix deserved—and deserves—to emerge victorious.

Unable to accept the truth that Netflix was not responsible for their daughter’s death, Herndon’s family appealed the case to the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit. So this Thursday, after two years of procedural wrangling, the appeal will be heard by a panel of three appellate judges—Miller, Bade, and VanDyke, all of whom are Trump appointees.

Here’s the kicker: Should the Herndon family lose again, Netflix would be well within their rights to demand that the family pay Netflix’s legal fees, under California’s anti-SLAPP provisions. Even at the district court level alone, Netflix’s fees totalled $700,000. I’m not kidding: here’s a copy of an email sent from Blanca Young, a litigation partner at Munger Tolles, to the Herndon family’s attorneys, back in 2022:

Screenshot 2024 02 12 174731

Sadly, Netflix stated in their answering brief that they would not seek attorney's fees from the Herndon family. :feelsjuice::feelsjuice::feelsjuice: Though I think it would be immeasurably funny if they did, and would deter other retarded families from attempting to trample on the First Amendment. :lul::lul::lul:

You can read the Herndon family’s opening brief here, Netflix’s answering brief here, and the Herndon family’s reply brief here. I also highly recommend reading the Foundation of Individual Rights and Expression’s (FIRE) amicus brief in this case—UCLA law professor Eugene Volokh perfectly distils why and how graphic depictions of violence are constitutionally protected. Let’s hope the Ninth Circuit does its job by affirming the district court and punting this lolsuit out of existence.

The case is The Estate of Isabella "Bella" Herndon v. Netflix, Inc., 22-15260. Oral argument is scheduled for February 15th, 2024 at 9:00 am in Courtroom 3 of the James R. Browning U.S. Courthouse in San Francisco.

Last edited:
I have watched this series like 10 years ago i remember that it was sooooooo bad with horrible acting that i kept watching it just to see how bad it can get

Also extremely ironic that the series is supposed to decrease suicides :feelskek:

I have watched this series like 10 years ago i remember that it was sooooooo bad with horrible acting that i kept watching it just to see how bad it can get
I'm not gonna lie, I thought the poolside rape scene and the bathtub scene was pretty intense. :lul: :lul: :lul:

I'm not gonna lie, I thought the poolside rape scene and the bathtub scene was pretty intense. :lul: :lul: :lul:
Thats the only scene in the whole series that had ok acting and storyline.

The series should have ended after season 1 but no they milked it when it was already trash to begin with

Who even watches that shit? Isn't it meant for foids?

100% deserved

How the fuck do you lose at life as a foid? Stupid fucking dumb bitch. They want to be victims so bad.

@PPEcel send me 5K euro I need to fix my face, im a nosecel

Thought that was a troon

Toilet need to flush a shit

Her looksmatch is worm food 6ft under in a potter’s field.

The girl in the show killed herself because chad raped her...this girl killed herself because chad wouldn't rape her

women goon to true crime drama and wonder why they need 15 different antidepressants to function

Another tranny killing himself, why are people surprised?

Deserved if she kills herself over a fucking show jfl at those parents for not raising her well

Maybe she roped cause she saw the horrible acting and realized “there is no god”

At the time, we praised Judge Rogers’ ruling. Here at Incels.is, we frequently engage in speech that normies consider shocking, offensive, or disagreeable—so we have a vested interest in seeing that the First Amendment is upheld for generations to come. The First Amendment undoubtedly protects speech regarding suicide, sexual assault, and school violence, among other distressing issues that are in the public interest, and imposes no obligation on speakers to sanitize or self-censor their speech. That’s why we think Netflix deserved—and deserves—to emerge victorious.

lol you should be the official spokesperson for incels.is to the media.

His cloak doesn't seem very sturdy...
Interdasting... What episodes are they?

Netflix is a Jewish run operation, steer clear at all costs.

Damn, that thick neck has her looking like a tranny.

Female anxiety and depression is completely imaginary. Male anxiety and depression is rooted in cold hard reality. It literally gets no easier than being a white female and she roped. JFL

Female anxiety and depression is completely imaginary. Male anxiety and depression is rooted in cold hard reality. It literally gets no easier than being a white female and she roped. JFL

This is what happens when humanity has been exposed to an overly sanitized view of reality, go back even eighty years and you'll see horrid conditions that make our current world look like a paradise in comparison. The burden of blame lies on the parents for not properly exposing their daughter to what beings can do to one another.

^

View attachment 1062312

Imagine failing in life on recruit difficulty.

But that’s what happened to 15-year-old Isabella Herndon, who unalived herself after watching “Thirteen Reasons Why,” a series that received extensive criticism for its graphic portrayal of rape and suicide. Here’s a Facebook post by her father about his daughter's unaliving:

I mean, how do you even become depressed as a white femoid? But I digress. :feelskek::feelskek::feelskek:

Back in January 2022, @RoastieBeef and I wrote separate threads on the Herndon family’s lawsuit after a federal district judge dismissed it. In their attempt to block Netflix’s motion to strike, the Herndon family’s attorneys attempted to argue that their lawsuit was targeted not at the content of the show itself, but at Netflix's recommendation algorithms. But Judge Yvonne Gonzalez Rogers rejected this argument:

In other words, Judge Rogers concluded that the content of Thirteen Reasons Why was inextricably tied to the very nature of the Herndon family’s claims, and because the content was an exercise of Netflix's free speech rights, Netflix could not be tortiously liable for it.

Unable to accept the truth that Netflix was not responsible for their daughter’s death, Herndon’s family appealed the case to the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit. So this Thursday, after two years of procedural wrangling, the appeal will be heard by a panel of three appellate judges—Miller, Bade, and VanDyke, all of whom are Trump appointees.

Here’s the kicker: Should the Herndon family lose again, Netflix would be well within their rights to demand that the family pay Netflix’s legal fees, under California’s anti-SLAPP provisions. Even at the district court level alone, Netflix’s fees totalled $700,000. I’m not kidding: here’s a copy of an email sent from Blanca Young, a litigation partner at Munger Tolles, to the Herndon family’s attorneys, back in 2022:

View attachment 1062310

Sadly, Netflix stated in their answering brief that they would not seek attorney's fees from the Herndon family. :feelsjuice::feelsjuice::feelsjuice: Though I think it would be immeasurably funny if they did, and would deter other retarded families from attempting to trample on the First Amendment. :lul::lul::lul:

You can read the Herndon family’s opening brief here, Netflix’s answering brief here, and the Herndon family’s reply brief here. I also highly recommend reading the Foundation of Individual Rights and Expression’s (FIRE) amicus brief in this case—UCLA law professor Eugene Volokh perfectly distils why and how graphic depictions of violence are constitutionally protected. Let’s hope the Ninth Circuit does its job by affirming the district court and punting this lolsuit out of existence.

The case is The Estate of Isabella "Bella" Herndon v. Netflix, Inc., 22-15260. Oral argument is scheduled for February 15th, 2024 at 9:00 am in Courtroom 3 of the James R. Browning U.S. Courthouse in San Francisco.

Imagine killing yourself for a TV show. Only organics can do this

women goon to true crime drama and wonder why they need 15 different antidepressants to function
Its true, my sister watches that all day. Women have shit tier personality and want to be raped by 10 chads at a time that are beating and spitting on them.

Users who are viewing this thread

shape1
shape2
shape3
shape4
shape5
shape6
Back