Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Serious The hoax of "mental illness"

the.oracle

the.oracle

There is no happiness - only pleasure or pain.
★★★★
First let's read this, at the end are my arguments and analysis:

[UWSL]Szasz's main arguments[/UWSL]​

Szasz was convinced there was a metaphorical character to mental disorders, and its uses in psychiatry were frequently injurious. He set himself a task to delegitimize legitimating agencies and authorities, and what he saw as their vast powers, enforced by psychiatrists and other mental health professionals, mental health laws, mental health courts, and mental health sentences.[11][UWSL]: 22 [/UWSL]
Szasz was a critic of the influence of modern medicine on society, which he considered to be the secularization of religion's hold on humankind. Criticizing scientism, he targeted psychiatry in particular, underscoring its campaigns against masturbation at the end of the 19th century, its use of medical imagery and language to describe misbehavior, its reliance on involuntary mental hospitalization to protect society, and the use of lobotomy and other interventions to treat psychosis. To sum up his description of the political influence of medicine in modern societies imbued by faith in science, he declared:
Since theocracy is the rule of God or its priests, and democracy the rule of the people or of the majority, pharmacracy is therefore the rule of medicine or of doctors.[12][[UWSL]page needed[/UWSL]]
Szasz consistently paid attention to the power of language in the establishment and maintenance of the social order, both in small interpersonal and in wider social, economic, and/or political spheres:
The struggle for definition is veritably the struggle for life itself. In the typical Western two men fight desperately for the possession of a gun that has been thrown to the ground: whoever reaches the weapon first shoots and lives; his adversary is shot and dies. In ordinary life, the struggle is not for guns but for words; whoever first defines the situation is the victor; his adversary, the victim. For example, in the family, husband and wife, mother and child do not get along; who defines whom as troublesome or mentally sick?... [the one] who first seizes the word imposes reality on the other; [the one] who defines thus dominates and lives; and [the one] who is defined is subjugated and may be killed.[13][UWSL]: 85 [/UWSL]
His main arguments can be summarized as follows:

[UWSL]"Myth of mental illness"[/UWSL]​

"Mental illness" is an expression, a metaphor that describes an offending, disturbing, shocking, or vexing conduct, action, or pattern of behavior, such as packaged under the wide-ranging term schizophrenia, as an "illness" or "disease". Szasz wrote: "If you talk to God, you are praying; If God talks to you, you have schizophrenia. If the dead talk to you, you are a spiritualist; If you talk to the dead, you are a schizophrenic."[13][UWSL]: 85 [/UWSL] He maintained that, while people behave and think in disturbing ways, and those ways may resemble a disease process (pain, deterioration, response to various interventions), this does not mean they actually have a disease. To Szasz, disease can only mean something people "have", while behavior is what people "do". Diseases are "malfunctions of the human body, of the heart, the liver, the kidney, the brain" while "no behavior or misbehavior is a disease or can be a disease. That's not what diseases are." Szasz cited drapetomania as an example of a behavior that many in society did not approve of, being labeled and widely cited as a disease. Likewise, women who did not bend to a man's will were said to have hysteria.[14] He thought that psychiatry actively obscures the difference between behavior and disease in its quest to help or harm parties in conflicts. He maintained that, by calling people diseased, psychiatry attempts to deny them responsibility as moral agents in order to better control them.
In Szasz's view, people who are said by themselves or others to have a mental illness can only have, at best, "problems in living". Diagnoses of "mental illness" or "mental disorder" (the latter expression called by Szasz a "weasel term" for mental illness) are passed off as "scientific categories" but they remain merely judgments (judgments of disdain) to support certain uses of power by psychiatric authorities. In that line of thinking, schizophrenia becomes not the name of a disease entity but a judgment of extreme psychiatric and social disapprobation. Szasz called schizophrenia "the sacred symbol of psychiatry" because those so labeled have long provided and continue to provide justification for psychiatric theories, treatments, abuses, and reforms.
The figure of the psychotic or schizophrenic person to psychiatric experts and authorities, according to Szasz, is analogous with the figure of the heretic or blasphemer to theological experts and authorities. According to Szasz, to understand the metaphorical nature of the term "disease" in psychiatry, one must first understand its literal meaning in the rest of medicine. To be a true disease, the entity must first somehow be capable of being approached, measured, or tested in scientific fashion. Second, to be confirmed as a disease, a condition must demonstrate pathology at the cellular or molecular level.
A genuine disease must also be found on the autopsy table (not merely in the living person) and meet pathological definition instead of being voted into existence by members of the American Psychiatric Association. "Mental illnesses" are really problems in living. They are often "like a" disease, argued Szasz, which makes the medical metaphor understandable, but in no way validates it as an accurate description or explanation. Psychiatry is a pseudoscience that parodies medicine by using medical-sounding words invented especially over the last one hundred years. To be clear, heart break and heart attack, or spring fever and typhoid fever belong to two completely different logical categories, and treating one as the other constitutes a category error. Psychiatrists are the successors of "soul doctors", priests who dealt and deal with the spiritual conundrums, dilemmas, and vexations – the "problems in living" – that have troubled people forever.

Psychiatry's main methods are assessment, medication, conversation or rhetoric and incarceration. To the extent that psychiatry presents these problems as "medical diseases", its methods as "medical treatments", and its clients – especially involuntary – as medically ill patients, it embodies a lie and therefore constitutes a fundamental threat to freedom and dignity. Psychiatry, supported by the state through various Mental Health Acts, has become a modern secular state religion according to Szasz. It is a vastly elaborate social control system, using both brute force and subtle indoctrination, which disguises itself under the claims of being rational, systematic and therefore scientific.

[UWSL]"Patient" as m[/UWSL][UWSL]alingerer[/UWSL]​

According to Szasz, many people fake their presentation of mental illness, i.e., they are malingering. They do so for gain, for example, in order to escape a burden like evading the draft, or to gain access to drugs or financial support, or for some other personally meaningful reason. By definition, the malingerer is knowingly deceitful (although malingering itself has also been called a mental illness or disorder). Szasz mentions malingering in many of his works, but it is not what he has in mind to explain many other manifestations of so-called "mental illness". In those cases, so-called "patients" have something personally significant to communicate – their "problems in living" – but unable to express this via conventional means they resort to illness-imitation behaviour, a somatic protolanguage or "body language", which psychiatrists and psychologists have misguidedly interpreted as the signs/symptoms of real illness.[15] So, for example, "analyzing the origin of the hysterical protolanguage Szasz states that it has a double origin: – the first root is in the somatic structure of human being. The human body is subject to illnesses and disabilities expressed through somatic signs (like paralysis, convulsions, etc.) and somatic sensations (like pain, tiredness, etc.); – the second root can be found into cultural factors."[16]

"Mental illnesses" are simply non-conformity behaviours relating to social norms. These behaviours arise from negative experiences throughout life, i.e. actions resulting in prejudicial outcomes for the agent or subject of other's actions.

The mental "re-living" of these experiences one goes through by remembering in their minds these instances causes in turn these "problems of living" to the receptacle of such life experiences, leading to a loop of non-conformity.

External factors causes these "non-conforming" behaviours, because only in a social setting there can be such a thing as non-conformity. That's why "mental illness" is simply a social construct. If you were living alone in an island, there would be no such thing.

But when living in a social setting, patterns for acceptable and non-acceptable behaviour arises and those who do not fit are treated as to be excluded from the benefits of social living.

For instance, if you are ugly, short, bald, deformed, "shy" ("non-NT"), ethnic, you are not fitting the social pattern of acceptability, therefore you are excluded from the benefits of social living, or your participation in these social settings is lessened and not as beneficial as for those who conform, let's say the job market, dating market, familial relationships, friendships, etc.

This rejection causes these problems in living: you are not able to conform, and knowing the Black Pill, you know most of these factors for acceptance are out of your control, so realizing and re-living these past negative experiences makes a consciousness arise, that you are not able to conform either because the factors are outside of your control or because of missed opportunities (let's say you become too old to enter a carreer, or to have actual functional sex, which should be had by fertile men and women).

That is the whole reason shrinks (psychologists) are scammers. They are the same as poets or philosophers, they simply play a non-scientific game where they make conclusions based upon established social norms (which can and in fact do affect scientific methodology itself). If you remove the scientific veil of this profession, you will understand that shrinks can only "help" you realize things about yourself or about the exterior world.

If you are able to conform again, you are "cured", if you do not succeed (as most incels won't), you will still be considered "mentally ill".

THIS IS WHY ONLY PEOPLE THAT CAN SOMEHOW FIT THE SOCIAL STANDARD OF ACCEPTABILITY CAN BE "CURED" FROM THEIR "MENTAL ILLNESS". A foid, simply by having a wet stinky hole, can always be cured from her "mental illness" in this gynocentric world, because she will always be accepted in some degree. A good-looking man, even if he has past traumas and has abused drugs, can also be "cured" because he can always be able to conform as long as he realize what he has to do in order to conform, and his non-changeable features are already conforming to acceptable standards.

Psychiatrists are also scammers. Jewpills can't "cure" your "mental illness". They can only stimulate or supress your biological and innate immune system in some way, just like any other type of medicine will. They can only control the symptoms of your problems in living, they will deactivate your receptors and turn you into a robot devoid of the ability to face your sadness and trauma from bad experiences rationally, thus dumbing you down to your own suffering.

I myself am thinking of getting a prescription for some of these Jewpills, not because I believe they can "cure" me from my "mental issues", but because I know they can be able to "anesthetize" my mind from re-experiencing these past disappointments with such force and frequency, just like weed did for me (it lost effect over time though and I'm currently unable to get more from a dealer), or alcohol can do for some. It will warp my mind to a parallel world where I can live with myself only and not care about the social structure that denies my conformity in the first place. Why do I want to do this? Because I don't want to and am probably unable to conform.

If I wanted to be "cured", I'd have to go to a psychologist to brainwash me into thinking I can somehow conform by doing "x" or "y", but I know for a fact that's not the case. Everytime I tried to adopt a bluepilled/NPC belief, it gave me some false hope and sense of belonging, a sense that I could try again some other way and finally achieve conformity. But in the long run this will inevitably lead to more sorrow, because by exposing yourself again to these social experiences you will be again rejected and fail to conform if you do not have the features that fit the standard of conformity.

This is why the Redpill can actually be damaging to many many men, like it was to me. You set yourself for bigger disappointments by "working on yourself" and spending time, money and effort trying to reach things you were never able to achieve. The higher the mountain, the bigger the fall. Their copout for this reality? "Don't do it for women/others/status, do it for yourself".

"Mental illness" treatment can "work" for some people (as said, foids and good looking men, for instance) because by "adopting a positive mindset" they can expose themselves again to social settings and get their dopamine hits, validation and positive reinforcement, thus opening ground for them to conform again and live "healthy" and NPC lives.

I've been close to people (male and female) that supposedly suffered from "depression", "schizophrenia", "bipolar disorder" and other "mental illnesses", and I can say that based on my analysis, backed by mountains of proof, that they simply (for some reason or another) were going though bad times and were not achieving what they wanted to achieve, or simply had too high standards in their minds they needed to achieve (either socially enforced standards or standards they set to themselves based on false concepts of reality and what's achievable based on the hand you are delt - genetics, where you're born, in which family you're born, etc). As soon as some external factor gets better and they again have the possibility to conform and live up to social standards, they get "better" from their "illnesses" and can live pleasant and healthy lives as most NPCs do in their own ignorance.

Like every commodity there is, there is a market for it. "Mental illness" is not only a good market for medicine professionals and Jewpill companies, especially because the solutions can cause dependence in individuals consooming these "goods", but it is also a great weapon for the government, elites, etc (i.e. the ruling class, the winners of societal standards), it can be used for control, for them to feel better in comparison to you for not conforming, and most important: to shove all kinds of dangerous ideas that can go against their established order, the order of things that benefits them and exclude you.

You are not mentally ill, I am not mentally ill, we are simply outside of the conformity overton window.

I wish i could read:feelstastyman:

This is also why the ever-increasing standards for acceptability will lead to more diagnosed mentally ill people when in fact it's just the growing amount of people not being able to conform.

"Mental illnesses" are simply non-conformity behaviours relating to social norms. These behaviours arise from negative experiences throughout life, i.e. actions resulting in prejudicial outcomes for the agent or subject of other's actions.

The mental "re-living" of these experiences one goes through by remembering in their minds these instances causes in turn these "problems of living" to the receptacle of such life experiences, leading to a loop of non-conformity.

External factors causes these "non-conforming" behaviours, because only in a social setting there can be such a thing as non-conformity. That's why "mental illness" is simply a social construct. If you were living alone in an island, there would be no such thing.

But when living in a social setting, patterns for acceptable and non-acceptable behaviour arises and those who do not fit are treated as to be excluded from the benefits of social living.

For instance, if you are ugly, short, bald, deformed, "shy" ("non-NT"), ethnic, you are not fitting the social pattern of acceptability, therefore you are excluded from the benefits of social living, or your participation in these social settings is lessened and not as beneficial as for those who conform, let's say the job market, dating market, familial relationships, friendships, etc.

This rejection causes these problems in living: you are not able to conform, and knowing the Black Pill, you know most of these factors for acceptance are out of your control, so realizing and re-living these past negative experiences makes a consciousness arise, that you are not able to conform either because the factors are outside of your control or because of missed opportunities (let's say you become too old to enter a carreer, or to have actual functional sex, which should be had by fertile men and women).

That is the whole reason shrinks (psychologists) are scammers. They are the same as poets or philosophers, they simply play a non-scientific game where they make conclusions based upon established social norms (which can and in fact do affect scientific methodology itself). If you remove the scientific veil of this profession, you will understand that shrinks can only "help" you realize things about yourself or about the exterior world.

If you are able to conform again, you are "cured", if you do not succeed (as most incels won't), you will still be considered "mentally ill".

THIS IS WHY ONLY PEOPLE THAT CAN SOMEHOW FIT THE SOCIAL STANDARD OF ACCEPTABILITY CAN BE "CURED" FROM THEIR "MENTAL ILLNESS". A foid, simply by having a wet stinky hole, can always be cured from her "mental illness" in this gynocentric world, because she will always be accepted in some degree. A good-looking man, even if he has past traumas and has abused drugs, can also be "cured" because he can always be able to conform as long as he realize what he has to do in order to conform, and his non-changeable features are already conforming to acceptable standards.

Psychiatrists are also scammers. Jewpills can't "cure" your "mental illness". They can only stimulate or supress your biological and innate immune system in some way, just like any other type of medicine will. They can only control the symptoms of your problems in living, they will deactivate your receptors and turn you into a robot devoid of the ability to face your sadness and trauma from bad experiences rationally, thus dumbing you down to your own suffering.

I myself am thinking of getting a prescription for some of these Jewpills, not because I believe they can "cure" me from my "mental issues", but because I know they can be able to "anesthetize" my mind from re-experiencing these past disappointments with such force and frequency, just like weed did for me (it lost effect over time though and I'm currently unable to get more from a dealer), or alcohol can do for some. It will warp my mind to a parallel world where I can live with myself only and not care about the social structure that denies my conformity in the first place. Why do I want to do this? Because I don't want to and am probably unable to conform.

If I wanted to be "cured", I'd have to go to a psychologist to brainwash me into thinking I can somehow conform by doing "x" or "y", but I know for a fact that's not the case. Everytime I tried to adopt a bluepilled/NPC belief, it gave me some false hope and sense of belonging, a sense that I could try again some other way and finally achieve conformity. But in the long run this will inevitably lead to more sorrow, because by exposing yourself again to these social experiences you will be again rejected and fail to conform if you do not have the features that fit the standard of conformity.

This is why the Redpill can actually be damaging to many many men, like it was to me. You set yourself for bigger disappointments by "working on yourself" and spending time, money and effort trying to reach things you were never able to achieve. The higher the mountain, the bigger the fall. Their copout for this reality? "Don't do it for women/others/status, do it for yourself".

"Mental illness" treatment can "work" for some people (as said, foids and good looking men, for instance) because by "adopting a positive mindset" they can expose themselves again to social settings and get their dopamine hits, validation and positive reinforcement, thus opening ground for them to conform again and live "healthy" and NPC lives.

I've been close to people (male and female) that supposedly suffered from "depression", "schizophrenia", "bipolar disorder" and other "mental illnesses", and I can say that based on my analysis, backed by mountains of proof, that they simply (for some reason or another) were going though bad times and were not achieving what they wanted to achieve, or simply had too high standards in their minds they needed to achieve (either socially enforced standards or standards they set to themselves based on false concepts of reality and what's achievable based on the hand you are delt - genetics, where you're born, in which family you're born, etc). As soon as some external factor gets better and they again have the possibility to conform and live up to social standards, they get "better" from their "illnesses" and can live pleasant and healthy lives as most NPCs do in their own ignorance.

Like every commodity there is, there is a market for it. "Mental illness" is not only a good market for medicine professionals and Jewpill companies, especially because the solutions can cause dependence in individuals consooming these "goods", but it is also a great weapon for the government, elites, etc (i.e. the ruling class, the winners of societal standards), it can be used for control, for them to feel better in comparison to you for not conforming, and most important: to shove all kinds of dangerous ideas that can go against their established order, the order of things that benefits them and exclude you.

You are not mentally ill, I am not mentally ill, we are simply outside of the conformity overton window.
Based! Have you ever heard of gaslighting?

Based! Have you ever heard of gaslighting?
Yes, gaslighting is the weapon normies use, consciously or unconsciously, to (1) reinforce their own comfortability with their conforming features; (2) prevent your non-conformity to affect them either directly - through retribution against their prejudicial behaviour towards your - or indirectly - by realizing unconfortable truths about their own conformity (like being valued because they look good while you get rejected by your bad looks, lack of money, lack of status, etc). It is the force that keeps their social standards safe from external attacks, it keeps non-conforming people from gaining access to their own necessities by playing an open and non-artificial social game where actual truths (blackpill) are on full display for everyone to realize and act upon.

Actually found some interesting points on wikipedia page for gaslighting:

"Gaslighting" is occasionally used in clinical literature but is considered a colloquialism by the American Psychological Association.[1][11]
The research paper "Gaslighting: A Marital Syndrome" (1988) includes clinical observations of the impact on wives after their reactions were mislabeled by their husbands and male therapists.[12] In a case study published in 1977, Lund and Gardiner reviewed a case of paranoid psychosis in an elderly female who was reported to have recurrent episodes, apparently induced by the staff of the institution where the patient was a resident.[13] Other experts have noted values and techniques of therapists can be harmful as well as helpful to clients (or indirectly to other people in a client's life).[14][15][16]
In the 1996 book Gaslighting, the Double Whammy, Interrogation and Other Methods of Covert Control in Psychotherapy and Analysis, Theo L. Dorpat, M.D. recommends non-directive and egalitarian attitudes and methods on the part of clinicians,[15][UWSL]: 225 [/UWSL] and "treating patients as active collaborators and equal partners".[15][UWSL]: 246 [/UWSL] He writes, "Therapists may contribute to the victim's distress through mislabeling the [victim's] reactions. [...] The gaslighting behaviors of the spouse provide a recipe for the so-called 'nervous breakdown' for some [victims, and] suicide in some of the worst situations."[15] Dorpat also cautions clinicians about the unintentional abuse of patients when using interrogation and other methods of covert control in Psychotherapy and Analysis, as these methods can subtly coerce patients rather than respect and genuinely help them.[15][UWSL]: 31–46 [/UWSL]
Some psychologists are not encouraged by this increased international awareness of the dangers of gaslighting, warning that overuse of the term could dilute its potency and downplay the serious health consequences of such abuse.[10]

This proves exactly what I said, psychology and psychiatry can be forms of gaslighting if the "patient" is actually unable to conform to the standards being pushed upon him, causing even more damage to the "patient".

What hurts you is not the "mental illness", it's the illusion psychologists and psychiatrists push upon you to conform, which will lead to more suffering if you cannot attain to those standards.

But covering a lie and gaining money from it is better for the ruling class than actually pushing forward an accurate view of reality (blackpill) and helping people deal with it, which would inevitably lead to a decrease of power of the elites.

It’s all bullshit. I read two sentences of your post and I know for a fact all you said is bullshit, and there is no time to waste.

Mental illness exists because consciousness is bound by determinism regulating every aspect of the universe, in this case through genetics which can make or fail a person’s mental capacity and output/experiences. Of course there are phenomena affecting mental health by environment but for the most part the real/significant ones lie in genetics.

I’m sure @Atavistic Autist would possibly like to have a word or two about this:feelshehe:, so I’m leaving it to him.

Yeah exactly, I guess autism isn’t real either, must just be a social construct

:feelstastyman::feelstastyman::feelstastyman::feelstastyman::feelstastyman::feelstastyman::feelstastyman:

Turnip IQ thread

It’s all bullshit. I read two sentences of your post and I know for a fact all you said is bullshit, and there is no time to waste.

Mental illness exists because consciousness is bound by determinism regulating every aspect of the universe, in this case through genetics which can make or fail a person’s mental capacity and output/experiences. Of course there are phenomena affecting mental health by environment but for the most part the real/significant ones lie in genetics.

I’m sure @Atavistic Autist would possibly like to have a word or two about this:feelshehe:, so I’m leaving it to him.
You have said nothing in your phrase and thus I won't even make an effort trying to understand the mumbling you did, and I'm not only quoting Szasz here which was an actual medical professional and psychiatrist, there's many many books and literature with thoughtful contestations about this whole concept of mental illnesses, medicine and psychoanalysis, I'm not making anything up from my ass. Unlike you (probably), I've read a lot about this subject and scientific methodology and philosophy of science in general, because I didn't just spend my years of inceldom playing video games and trying to cope, I (ingenously) was trying to reach what truth is and much of what is supposedly scientific knowledge and scientific consensus is actually bullshit. I'll wait for Atavistic Autist input then.

:feelstastyman::feelstastyman::feelstastyman::feelstastyman::feelstastyman::feelstastyman::feelstastyman:

Turnip IQ thread
A neurodevelopmental "disorder" is not the same as the "mental illnesses" I was talking about or the subject the literature I mentioned is related to. You make high IQ posts but please refrain from posting low-IQ comments in my thread if you don't know what you're talking about and didn't even made an effort to understand the subject.

Jesus fucking christ, you could have narrowed all of this information down to this:

'Mental illness only exists because people do not like it when others deviate from the mean.'

A neurodevelopmental "disorder" is not the same as the "mental illnesses" I was talking about or the subject the literature I mentioned is related to. You make high IQ posts but please refrain from posting low-IQ comments in my thread if you don't know what you're talking about and didn't even made an effort to understand the subject.

Lol I was just kidding bro, I understand the points you made but am a bit tired right now, so I will properly reply after I have gotten some sleep

Great thread btw

Neurological malfunctions exist and can cause behavioural reflections, neither I nor Szasz are denying this. But these are actual neurological conditions (i.e. physical) and not at all the same as "bad feelings" resulting from not conforming to social standards. Even these conditions are real and can cause prejudicial effects on one's living, that doesn't mean these conditions can be reversed or altered by taking medication or talking to a psychologist.

No, the Jews are the psychiatrists and psychologists (unironically!!!) and the ones pushing pills to cure your sense of dissociation from society.

Autism is actually a good example. The neurological defficiency in autism cannot ever be cured, but the autist can actually become more integrated into society by undergoing CERTAIN types of therapy (which is not psychological babble but actually sensorial stimulation like hydrotherapy and riding horses). The core issue (physical underdevelopment of the brain) can't be fixed by medicine or psychiatry but the relationship of the autist with the external world can be more integrated by stimulating functions that the autist can accomplish (simple tasks such as mentioned).

No, the Jews are the psychiatrists and psychologists (unironically!!!) and the ones pushing pills to cure your sense of dissociation from society.
No but he really was I read in his wikipedia
what he's saying is water
every "diagnosis" just means more shekels for the system

Means nothing.

You aren’t but they are.

If I’m pulling out of my ass which I’m not, they are pulling out of their intestines.

Doesn’t exist.

Sure thing bud. Good for you. Doesn’t help your point.

You instead spent it fretting over worthless ass backwards theories put out by people disguised as professionals or whatever the fuck that means. You might as well have just spent it on video games and cope anyways.

There we reach it. You acknowledge that it means nothing here. Might as well have not thrown around scientific methodology of this subject and psychiatrists and professionals and whoever you’re deepthroating for collecting together a few inexperienced thoughts (today’s age only experience about psychiatry comes from having mental illness yourself really).

If he bothers. I disrespectedly assumed he would spend time and mental effort writing response to your helpless word salads but he’s got multiple conditions and the poor guy is investing half his time in nootropics and self-medication.

the only low-IQ comments in this thread are your posts.

Differentiate between them and actual mental illnesses then. People nowadays go to therapy/a psychologist for any reason.
Why make another post to say literally nothing?
You both don't need to bother, if anyone else wants to chime in to discuss the subject they're welcome to, I'm not the owner of truth and know for a fact the subject is much broader than what I've stated in my post.
Scientific methodology doens't exist? You don't even know what I'm talking about you low IQ monkey.
Go back to the hole you came from.

This is also why the ever-increasing standards for acceptability will lead to more diagnosed mentally ill people when in fact it's just the growing amount of people not being able to conform.
This is very true. I might not even be autistic for all we know and I was just a chosen one that was not supposed to conform. The standards of NTness will rise over the years (thanks to the Jews) and whoever can't be an NPC will be an Autistic Outcast.

The Jews are trying to create NPC robots who can't truly express their true selves and weirdness. What an absolute cucked world. :feelsrope:

Humans are supposed to express their inner weirdo. Their inner complexity. Not suppress their true personality forever without ever getting to feel free. Human nature sucks and we should blown up this damn planet ffs

brainlet makes essay from a fucking WIKIPEDIA page, expects reads

@Fat Link this should be a sticky imo. Alot of us might not have any mental illness whatsoever and it might just be the standards of NTness rising.

welcome to my ignore list
brainlet puts on ignore someone not taking seriously an essay written from a fucking single WIKIPEDIA page. fucking brainlet retard
@Fat Link this should be a sticky imo. Alot of us might not have any mental illness whatsoever and it might just be the standards of NTness rising.
yea commentary on fucking wikipedia is so high iq man

Sure. :feelsokman:

I think mental illnesses genuinely do exist but under corrupt governments like ZOG these conditions can be applied to ZOG’s political opponents falsely in a particularly devious and wicked attempt to discredit them.

I think mental illnesses genuinely do exist but under corrupt governments like ZOG these conditions can be applied to ZOG’s political opponents falsely in a particularly devious and wicked attempt to discredit them.
I mean imagine how many users here are just regular neurotypicals. And we were just wrongly diagnosed because of our looks and non conformity. I could be NT for all we know. Diagnosis on Mental Illnesses isnt even legit. Its influenced by your looks aswell.

Kind of like how a chadlite in 2022 will be a low tier normie in 2050. Because of hypergamy.

Same with NTness. A Neurotypical as of right now might be considered Neordivergent in the future because he couldn't conform and get with the times. Your mental illness diagnosis is influenced by your looks and How much effort you put in trying to fit in. But I agree,mentall illnesses do exist. What is ZOG btw?

From Peter Breggin's "Guilt, Shame, and Anxiety: Understanding and Overcoming Negative Emotions"

What happens when our feelings of shame become overwhelming — when we are drowning in feelings of worthlessness and humiliation? If we react by quitting, we feel compelled to shrivel up and disappear. If we react by fighting back, we feel driven to strike back so violently that no one will ever slight us again.

Being in the grip of shame is a horrific state, filled with conflicting emotions of extreme pride and humiliation. When we compensate for extreme shame by acting superior, grandiose, and invulnerable like a superhero, we become psychiatrically diagnosed as manic and bipolar. We are really trying to make up for how insignificant and powerless we feel.

If we express our feelings of suspicion and distrust, others will label or diagnose us paranoid. We are really trying to figure out what is going on that makes us feel so intimidated. Young people who become overwhelmed by extreme humiliation end up diagnosed schizophrenic because they withdraw deeply into themselves and begin to live in a world so private that it becomes a waking nightmare. They are really trying to escape from a world that has imposed abject humiliation upon them.

Psychiatric diagnoses can add to anyone's feelings of humiliation. Psychiatric hospitalization commonly amplifies feelings of powerlessness and humiliation. So-called antipsychotic drugs clog the patients’ heads with mental and spiritual cement, making them feel even more powerless and vulnerable.

When emotionally wounded people withdraw into themselves and into those intensely personal, fragmented, nightmarish worlds we call “schizophrenia,” “mania,” or “psychosis,” they are usually suffering from overwhelming shame reactions. Unbearably burned by inflictions of shame, as described in chapter 10, they no longer dare to be with people.

By telling these distressed people they have “biochemical imbalances,” “genetic disorders,” and “mental illnesses,” psychiatry not only misleads them, it worsens their stigmatization, humiliation, and feelings of exclusion.

They are not suffering from biochemical imbalances; they are suffering from unbearable humiliation.

As a psychiatrist and therapist, some of my most poignant, moving experiences have involved sharing the feelings of people who are undergoing overwhelming psychotic experiences with hallucinations and delusions. When these individuals have trusted me enough to allow me into their emotional world, what they have shared with me is the experience of drowning in shame. I have sat with them while their faces physically swelled as if bursting and turned blood red with humiliation.

What I have tried to offer them in return for their courageous sharing is a professional companion who listens and cares. Through my words and presence, I have welcomed them back into a relationship with another human being who sees their fragility and treasures them. When this miracle occurs, the hallucinations and delusions fade—for moments, at least—and two people sit together with a shared feeling of trust. The recovery has begun.

If people scourged by humiliation can endure and return to us as they do, then surely we can deal with our own measures of shame. The rewards of facing and overcoming shame are enormous. Triumphing over and transcending shame reactions can open the door to a life in which we choose the kinds of social relationships we desire and the social risks we want to take toward becoming more creative, social, or self-determined.

Overcoming shame allows us to regain aspects of ourselves thwarted or suppressed during childhood and adolescence. It allows us to reshape our identities into the emotionally free people we have always wanted to be.

The biological basis of emotions does not logically lead to the conclusion that emotional problems are “diseases” or “mental disorders” or that they are genetic or biochemical in origin. Guilt, shame, and anxiety arise out of the normal brain functioning given to us by evolution. When these emotions become overwhelming or disabling, it is a result of normal functional responses to childhood neglect, abuse, or trauma, or to adult trauma, such as war, incarceration, domestic abuse and rape. These are the responses of a normal person with a normal brain to unusual stress.

Stopping psychiatric drugs can avoid further harm to the brain and mind and enable gradual recovery of intellectual and emotional capacities.
However, stopping psychiatric drugs can be as dangerous as starting them and is best carried out consistent with the individual's desires and with guidance from experienced clinicians. Family or close friends need to be involved to help as much as possible and, if necessary, to protect the individual during the anguish that sometimes accompanies withdrawal from psychiatric drugs. I have described this process in Psychiatric Drug Withdrawal: A Guide for Prescribers, Therapists, Patients and their Families.

Each of us, however badly life has gone for us, has the ability to take command of our lives, to vastly enhance the quality of our lives, and to improve our chances of achieving our goals. This can be accomplished most readily and successfully with a brain and mind unencumbered by psychiatric drugs.

Jewpills are nothing but tranquilizers and anesthetics for bad feelings

Last edited:
But sure, low IQ people here would rather not read something interesting for once and reflect and tell me I'm writing shit out of my ass from wikipedia pages :smonk:

Please take note, it has never been proven that schizophrenia, depression or anxiety disorders have genetic or physical origins.

why you sticky a fucking essay some brainlet wrote about a fucking wikipedia page dude the fuck

I mean imagine how many users here are just regular neurotypicals. And we were just wrongly diagnosed because of our looks and non conformity. I could be NT for all we know. Diagnosis on Mental Illnesses isnt even legit. Its influenced by your looks aswell.

Kind of like how a chadlite in 2022 will be a low tier normie in 2050. Because of hypergamy.

Same with NTness. A Neurotypical as of right now might be considered Neordivergent in the future because he couldn't conform and get with the times. Your mental illness diagnosis is influenced by your looks and How much effort you put in trying to fit in. But I agree,mentall illnesses do exist. What is ZOG btw?
The Jew site only partly gets it right though. :feelshehe:

ZOG is any government that is outright communist ala China or overly Jewy ie Jew influenced and far leftist in the way that it rules its citizens.

Thus the UK, Canada and Australia are also a part of ZOG and not simply the US and occupied Palestine. :feelsthink:

Ugly = 'mentally ill'.

Also, various diagnoses are dependent on social consensus ( that is 'normal' in soyciety now ). E.g. in Soviet Union those who don't believed in commie ideas were considered 'mentally ill'.

Race is irrelevant height is everything

Fear of judgment and general Prejudice , inhibts People ,to be who they really are. Mental ilness is just a Huge Gaslight to keep People being Productive Emotionally inhibited Shits.
@Mecoja @sub human @Rimiru @Rotter @Lux @ItsOver4cel @lemon21 @IchWillSterben @lonelycurry26 @Edmund_Kemper
This is very true. I might not even be autistic for all we know and I was just a chosen one that was not supposed to conform. The standards of NTness will rise over the years (thanks to the Jews) and whoever can't be an NPC will be an Autistic Outcast.

The Jews are trying to create NPC robots who can't truly express their true selves and weirdness. What an absolute cucked world. :feelsrope:

Humans are supposed to express their inner weirdo. Their inner complexity. Not suppress their true personality forever without ever getting to feel free. Human nature sucks and we should blown up this damn planet ffs

High IQ thread.

You've explored why both psychiatry and therapy don't work.

For the low IQ cels, this is OP's main thesis.

That's a good way to phrase it. The parameters for what constitutes "normal" in psychiatry and psychology are extremely narrow. Any slight deviations and you're at risk for being x, y and z. Psychology's and psychiatry's conformity parameters are narrower than society's, but this is probably by design in order to be conservative (in "treatments") and over-correct deviations from the social norms.

Last edited:

Fear of judgment and general Prejudice , inhibts People ,to be who they really are. Mental ilness is just a Huge Gaslight to keep People being Productive Emotionally inhibited Shits.
Have you guys seen the movie with David Tennant about Ronald D. Laing? Highly recommend.

Great thread btw

Absolutely. Autism isn't real.

More exactly, "the spectrum" isn't real. Only Rainman-level autism is.

I agree with Thomas Szasz and the way you understand him.

Now, I have a question for you. If psychiatry has replaced religion, then in a sense, it make sense to call it just another religion.

Imo, it is impossible for mankind to escape "religion" understood in this broad sense.

The question is this: are you prepared to discuss what religion we should adopt instead of psychiatry?

My premise here is that, since humans always have some kind of religion, the only way to kick one out is to adopt another.

The question is this: are you prepared to discuss what religion we should adopt instead of psychiatry?

My premise here is that, since humans always have some kind of religion, the only way to kick one out is to adopt another.
Why do you need to adopt a religion? You have the awareness to not need it or depend on the psychological and emotional crutches of religions.

I took those jew-pills (Mirtazapin) for 1,5 years, it didnt work. But you can try it on your own.

Very good thread!:feelsokman:

Good post OP !

Szasz was correct. And the mental health community rejects his principle discovery (in practice) but many of the boomer generation of mental health experts suspect he was onto something. But yet, they are not able to face the problem because (as @K9Otaku said above) they know that replacing the establishment practice means addressing cultural malfunction head on.

Why do you need to adopt a religion?
For all the reasons you (and I, all of us) are recognising and citing to on an almost daily basis. We just saw what Szasz says, and you also see how Foid worship+ Wokeism+Psychiatry is already a religion. So it's a good question to discuss. How do we replace it?

Why do you need to adopt a religion? You have the awareness to not need it or depend on the psychological and emotional crutches of religions.
You have to credit masturbate.

It is the only way to offset the pain resulting from the repression of your instincts that civilized life requires. Crutches are necessary as soon as you stop living like a hunter gatherer (which is what our instincts are for)

In any case, you do it, whether you realize it or not.

Modern psychology is a joke

Modern psychology masculinity is pathological but being a tranny is normal

Legitimately one of the best essays on "mental illness" and psychiatry Ive ever read, very well done OP.

I agree with Thomas Szasz and the way you understand him.

Now, I have a question for you. If psychiatry has replaced religion, then in a sense, it make sense to call it just another religion.

Imo, it is impossible for mankind to escape "religion" understood in this broad sense.

I understand what you're getting at and the comparison Szasz was making, but I don't think your conclusion is entirely correct.
I don't think there's a human need for religion itself. The problem is twofold: hierarchy is a natural tendency in nature (not just humans but also other animals), and humans are also unsatisfied with simply fulfilling their biological functions, unlike other animals.
The tendency towards hierarchization ends up creating politics, culture, and also religion. Religion is just one of those systems of hierarchy.
However, since religion provides a metaphysical background and a "higher end" for humans that isn't simply rooted in earthly living and fulfillment of animalistic/instinctual needs, it is very enticing for humans and has drawn a lot of people over history.
But as we have seen, religion has been replaced with many other forms of idolatry - culture, status, politics, scientism, illuminism (man is god), humanitarianism, etc.
It just means humans make their way towards making up coping mechanisms to distract themselves from their raw animalistic natures (we're no different from other animals on a core level), Ernest Becker, also influenced by Szasz, has interesting insights (although I don't completely agree with him) about the subject in the book "The Denial of Death", which resonates a lot with what I've thought about this over the last years:

The premise of The Denial of Death is that human civilization is ultimately an elaborate, symbolic defense mechanism against the knowledge of our mortality, which in turn acts as the emotional and intellectual response to our basic survival mechanism. Becker argues that a basic duality in human life exists between the physical world of objects and biology, and a symbolic world of human meaning. Thus, since humanity has a dualistic nature consisting of a physical self and a symbolic self, we are able to transcend the dilemma of mortality by focusing our attention mainly on our symbolic selves, i.e. our culturally-based self esteem, which Becker calls “heroism”: a “defiant creation of meaning” expressing “the myth of the significance of human life” as compared to other animals.

This symbolic self-focus takes the form of an individual's "causa sui project," (sometimes called an “immortality project,” or a “heroism project”). A person’s "causa sui project” acts as their immortality vessel, whereby a person creates meaning, or continues to create meaning, beyond their own life-span.[3] By being part of symbolic constructs with more significance and longevity than one’s body—cultural activities and beliefs— one can gain a sense of legacy or (in the case of religion) an afterlife. In other words, by living up to (or especially exceeding) cultural standards, people feel they can become part of something eternal: something that will never die as compared to their physical body. This, in turn, gives people the feeling that their lives have meaning, a purpose, and significance in the grand scheme of things i.e. that they are “heroic contributors to world life” engaged in an “immortality project.”

Immortality projects are one way that people manage death anxiety. Some people, however, will engage in hedonic pursuits like drugs, alcohol, and entertainment to escape their death anxiety—often to compensate for a lack of “heroism” or culturally-based self-esteem—a lack of contribution to the “immortality project”.[4] Others will try to manage the terror of death by “tranquilizing themselves with the trivial” i.e. strongly focusing on trivial matters and exaggerating their importance — often through busyness and frenetic activity. Becker describes the current prevalence of hedonism and triviality as a result of the downfall of religious worldviews such as Christianity that could take “slaves, cripples... imbeciles... the simple and the mighty” and allow them all to accept their animal nature in the context of a spiritual reality and an afterlife.[5]

Humanity's traditional "hero-systems", such as religion, are no longer convincing in the age of reason. Becker argues that the loss of religion leaves humanity with impoverished resources for necessary illusions. Science attempts to serve as an immortality project, something that Becker believes it can never do because it is unable to provide agreeable, absolute meanings to human life. The book states that we need new convincing "illusions" that enable us to feel heroic in ways that are agreeable.[6] Becker, however, does not provide any definitive answer, mainly because he believes that there is no perfect solution. Instead, he hopes that gradual realization of humanity's innate motivations, namely death, can help to bring about a better world.

Becker argues that the conflict between contradictory immortality projects (particularly in religion) is a wellspring for the violence and misery in the world caused by wars, genocide, racism, nationalism and so forth since immortality projects that contradict one another threaten one’s core beliefs and sense of security.

While I agree that these systems of illusion were the reason civilization came up and united groups, I think that going away from accepting this reality of our earthly nature is actually a denial of life itself, and the making of these surrogate activities and beliefs is what brought us to completely disbelief and lack of higher purpose in the current zeitgeist on an individual level, because they were never capable of replacing the simple fulfillment of these natural desires/needs we as humans have (survival and reproduction).

That's why I don't think there's a solution to this, much less so on a collective level. In fact, any collective "solution" is actually just means of control and hierarchy in order to build "civilization" while suppressing individual needs. These beliefs systems will simply replace one another until we go back completely to primitive social interactions, however with much more technology and concentration of resources than ever, which means only a few are able to fulfill these natural needs (survival and reproduction).

There's only an individual solution to this, in my view: realizing and accepting our own basic nature (taking the blackpill) and finding ways to satisfy our natural needs without focusing on a "higher purpose" (which despite being a supposedly higher good than fulfilling our natural needs, in practice is just a means to control and deprive less privileged humans from achieving their own individual desires/needs, much like Stirner realized in The Ego and Its Own).

And this is coming from someone who studied religions all his life and was at points in time very religious (even "radically" so). It was just me coping trying to find a greater meaning for life because I wasn't achieving my own basic natural needs.

You have to credit masturbate.

It is the only way to offset the pain resulting from the repression of your instincts that civilized life requires. Crutches are necessary as soon as you stop living like a hunter gatherer (which is what our instincts are for)

In any case, you do it, whether you realize it or not.
In a "civilized" society, these illusions are needed, exactly as you said. But for those who can't gain from this societal structure, and moreso for those who can actually realize they gain nothing from it (for instance, many "normies" and NPCs gain very little from conforming towards this civilized standard, which currently only benefits the top elites, but stay with those beliefs under the illusion that they can gain something from it), the only solution (to me) is going back to our hunter-gatherer instincts and try to adapt this to our current zeitgeist, and that can only be done on an individual level.

In the end, when we actually analyse human behaviour, we can see that on an individual level we are all bound to searching for fulfillment of these basic natural needs, societal conditioning towards civilization is just an abstraction, a coping mechanism for all of us who adhere to it, but some people win and some lose in that scheme. Our actions can never actually conform these abstracted standards of living and morality.

... societal conditioning towards civilization is just an abstraction, a coping mechanism for all of us who adhere to it,

... for instance, many "normies" and NPCs gain very little from conforming towards this civilized standard,
We must not be thinking of the same kind of "societal conditioning". I am thinking first of the basic kind which enabled us to move from a hunter-gatherer lifestyle to farming, for example. As hunter-gatherers, we have an instinct to share the food we find. This makes sense because food sources are randomly distributed and so when someone finds nuts or berries, or when a hunter kills a prey, it makes sense to share with everyone. It is like among ants where all search at random and then the whole community benefits from every find.

However, this instinct has to be overcome for farming to be possible. First, you need to store grain in order to sow in the next season. And also, the large amount of work required to improve the land (removing brushes, weeds, rocks, adding fertilizer, etc.) can only be incentivized if each family does not share the proceeds of its efforts. Overcoming the immediate sharing instinct is widely considered by archaeologists to have been the main behavioral innovation that made farming possible.

The same can be said about all the instinct bending and conditioning that had to take place for people to be able to switch from farming to an urban, industrial lifestyle.

I think it is hard to deny that farming and industrialization benefits mankind. It does not benefit everyone equally but it does benefit everyone.

which currently only benefits the top elites,
Why do you say that it only benefits the elites? It sure does benefit them more than the average Joe, but it is hard to argue that the latter does not benefit at all.

the only solution (to me) is going back to our hunter-gatherer instincts and try to adapt this to our current zeitgeist, and that can only be done on an individual level.
I don't see how we can "go back to our hunter-gatherer instincts". If we really do that, we all die. Having been raised in an industrial society, there is no way we can go back in time, even to a simple neolithic-style of farming. Could you clarify what you have in mind?

In the end, when we actually analyse human behaviour, we can see that on an individual level we are all bound to searching for fulfillment of these basic natural needs,
I do not think we are really searching for the fulfillment of "basic natural needs" only. Human nature is more complex than that. Since we have left the simple pursuit of our natural instincts, we have developed an enormously complex apparatus of copes to compensate. This is what we can call "religion", in a general sense (which includes, modern wokeism, for instance). I do not see how we can live without any religion. It is clear that as the West started to abandon Christianity, it immediately invented a whole series of alternative religions: Marxism, Fascism, Wokeism, etc.

Mankind does not have the freedom to reject religion. Only to choose whatever appears to be the best one.

In doing so, we have to keep in mind that in all cultures, all the instinct bending mechanisms which enable farming and industrial behavior are deeply intertwined with whatever religion is the dominant one at any moment. This makes changing from one religion to another a tricky and long drawn-out process. It took over 1500 years for Christianity to completely assert its worldview in the West.

But as we have seen, religion has been replaced with many other forms of idolatry - culture, status, politics, scientism, illuminism (man is god), humanitarianism, etc.
To me these are just other "religions". They are masturbatory activities with which we cope with the pain that we inevitably suffer from as a result of being embedded in a society. I do not see how we can escape this.

There's only an individual solution to this, in my view: realizing and accepting our own basic nature (taking the blackpill) and finding ways to satisfy our natural needs without focusing on a "higher purpose"
I do not think that you can do anything on your own. Our survival requires us to interact with the surrounding society constantly. To me, "individualism", is just another religion that masquerades as an anti-religion. You cannot really be an individual in ways that matter (because you would die). therefore you have to content yourself with pretending you are an individual by vociferously demanding the right to change your pronouns or your gender, or any other trifles. That is the only kind of "individualism" that is feasible.

And this is coming from someone who studied religions all his life and was at points in time very religious (even "radically" so). It was just me coping trying to find a greater meaning for life because I wasn't achieving my own basic natural needs.
  1. You cannot achieve your "own basic natural needs", because you are not a Chimpanzee.
  2. You have to cope, like the rest of humanity has done for at least the last 500 000 years.
  3. I think you must have considered religion from too narrow a perspective (which is often the case with "religious" people). I was raised an atheist. This forced me to realize that whatever my parents taught me was also a religion, and that everybody has one, either explicit or implicit.