Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Discussion Side effects of male Depression

• Thread starter IamJacksBrokenHeart
  • Start date
IamJacksBrokenHeart

IamJacksBrokenHeart

-
Ive had severe depression for years now , and i noticed :

- im getting more stupid every year ( theres a study that linked prolonged depression to shrinking hippocampus )
- i suffer from memory loss ( it feels like i lose more and more memories from my teenage years and childhood , sometimes i cant even remember what i ate in the morning or if i have worked the prior day , im feeling like i had a lobotomy ... even my mother , who is over 60 , can remember exact details from my childhood )
- i have a really bad attention span ( cant focus on anything for a prolonged time cause i get tired )

Back when i was a teenager , i was actually pretty intelligent and got 132 IQ in a test i made back then ,
but it feels like i dropped to 90 in the last years .
This is not bragging , i am extremely low IQ atm , i have literally lost my mind .
I feel like i have become a different person .
Depression literally destroyed my brain and i dont know if its reversable .

DId any one you notice negative side effects of prolonged clinical depression ?

Last edited:
depression kills
it affects your heart, organs, and reduces life expectancy
at least I'll have to suffer less

I am a fucking retard now too. I can't teach myself anything anymore. I used to be quite the scholar in my youth.

Same, cruel world in which blth the negativity and positivity magnifies themselves

depression kills

When I feel depressed I get this sensation in my stomach, it's not a nice one, can't really describe it fully but I feel weak and tired all of a sudden. I'm sure I'm ruining my insides by staying depressed but there is no way out, so what the fuck can I do? Just gotta wait for my rhinoplasty.

I was never smart so I can't relate. Couldn't (and still can't) even do high-school mathematics.

I think a lot of you people who are smart underestimate how smart you are compared to the average person. Because you are smart you have this minimum expectation of yourself to understand certain things, and you cannot comprehend it being possible not to understand such things, so even if you're not as smart as you use to be, you're probably still at least at minimum above average and still much smarter than me.

Your idea of "dumb lol" might be only being able to remember some of your university level math, meanwhile I couldn't do basic grade 7 math.

When I feel depressed I get this sensation in my stomach, it's not a nice one, can't really describe it fully but I feel weak and tired all of a sudden. I'm sure I'm ruining my insides by staying depressed but there is no way out, so what the fuck can I do? Just gotta wait for my rhinoplasty.
the stomach sensation could be due to contractions of abdominal muscles since you are tense (your sympathetic nervous system is activated). I am also getting rhino :feelshmm:

I feel i got smarter from isolation

depression kills
im already spitting blood in the sink
i hope its lung cancer ngl

I am a fucking retard now too. I can't teach myself anything anymore. I used to be quite the scholar in my youth.
Same my iq has dropped so much in the past few years. I fucking hate foids.

When I feel depressed I get this sensation in my stomach, it's not a nice one, can't really describe it fully but I feel weak and tired all of a sudden

You could take meds. It'll remove the depression but you won't be able to get a boner and your body chemistry will be permanently altered.

I'm exactly like u bro i was smart when young but rn i feel retarded like shit i can't pay attention to anything, i can't study, i can't do shit, besides is awful to see ur intelligence disappearing

Depression is a bitch , idk for how long I can keep going like this

I have the exact same problem. My IQ was 132 at 15. I was amazing at school. Now I feel like I’m retarded and behind.