Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Discussion question for fitness ppl

My Name Jeff

My Name Jeff

SIGMATOSIS
★★★★★
i'm currently 5ft10 and 300 lb

i wanted to ask, do i need to go to the gym to lose weight? or is it just about diet?

i find going to the gym makes me super hungry after, would i just be able to LDAR and eat super little and still lose a lot of weight?

Mostly about diet.

Go on a water fast, it'll help you a lot. Burn more calories than you consume and you'll lose weight, simple as. :ping:

going to the gym makes it easier since your metabolic rate will be higher if you have more muscle which means you will burn more calories when LDAR but ultimately it does come down to being in a caloric deficit since if you consume more calories then you burn you will never lose weight even if you train hard in the gym. there are a lot of resources available on youtube and such to help with your weight loss journey but also a lot of scammers so just make sure you avoid those and just listen to the people with credible advice since they will probably give u better information about fitness then this forum ever can

going to the gym makes it easier since your metabolic rate will be higher if you have more muscle which means you will burn more calories when LDAR but ultimately it does come down to being in a caloric deficit since if you consume more calories then you burn you will never lose weight even if you train hard in the gym. there are a lot of resources available on youtube and such to help with your weight loss journey but also a lot of scammers so just make sure you avoid those and just listen to the people with credible advice since they will probably give u better information about fitness then this forum ever can
my thing is, going to the gym drains me of energy which makes me want to eat, makes me sore which makes me wanna eat, and just the whole using energy all that makes me hungry

when i LDAR i basically don't feel hungry. is the metabolic boost from doing stuff at the gym that big?

Go on a water fast, it'll help you a lot. Burn more calories than you consume and you'll lose weight, simple as. :ping:
I'm gonna do it for this weekend and see what happens

You have to do some cardio too
cardio is not necessary for weight loss or inherently needed for it although it can be a tool to help you but it can make u more hungry which will cause you to eat more so those calories you burnt doing cardio were essentially for nothing

cardio is not necessary for weight loss or inherently needed for it although it can be a tool to help you but it can make u more hungry which will cause you to eat more so those calories you burnt doing cardio were essentially for nothing
Alright, thanks.

when i LDAR i basically don't feel hungry. is the metabolic boost from doing stuff at the gym that big?
I would say it does have a meaningful difference plus once you do lose the weight you will look significantly better if you had been going to the gym for all that time compared to if you hadn't.
but again I don't claim to be some fitness expert so I highly recommend doing your own research outside of this forum.

You have to do some cardio too
If you are having trouble decreasing calories. But at 300lbs he should focus on diet mostly. He might hurt himself or something at his weight rn

Well I'm not a weight loss expert I never experienced being fat so I just said what advice I heard in the past

Just don’t eat compulsively and you’ll be fine chico