Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Theory Personality is social skills mediated through (good) looks

Divergent_Integral

Divergent_Integral

Spastic ricecel, heightmogged by 99.74% of men
★★★★
As a follow-up to one of my other threads, I hereby present my theory that personality, as understood by normies, basically means social skills mediated through (good) looks.

If personality were just good looks, that wouldn't explain why society keeps insisting that personality matters as opposed to just looks. In that case, this entire hypocrisy around the concept of personality wouldn't exist. People would then simply say "look good" and be done with it.

The truth of the matter, I think, is that people want good social skills, and a prosocial attitude, in their partners, friends, and acquaintances, but that they want these social skills filtered through the lens of a nice physical appearance. The halo effect, in other words, isn't simply a contingency when it comes to smooth social interactions; it is the necessary foundation of same.

Last edited:
Personality2

stand tall and smile

An incel with god social skills is a creep

is that people want good social skills,
Over for autismcels. :feelsbadman:

As a follow-up to one of my other threads, I hereby present my theory that personality, as understood by normies, basically means social skills mediated through (good) looks.

If personality were just good looks, that wouldn't explain why society keeps insisting that personality matters as opposed to just looks. In that case, this entire hypocrisy around the concept of personality wouldn't exist. People would then simply say "look good" and be done with it.

The truth of the matter, I think, is that people want good social skills, and a prosocial attitude, in their partners, friends, and acquaintances, but that they want these social skills filtered through the lens of a nice physical appearance. The halo effect, in other words, isn't simply a contingency when it comes to smooth social interactions; it is the necessary foundation of same.
Also, so much for all this JBW bullshit. All it takes is looking like your face met the wrong end of a sandbelter, and some autism sprinkled (well, maybe poured) on top, and boom! Woman repellent.

Also, love this. Accurate as fuck. Also hate it, because accurate as fuck.