Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Neon Genesis Evangelion had an unreleased AIDS PSA where Shinji and Asuka fucked

would be coomfuel if animated

It's not canon though, right?

this can't be real

My guess is that the studio that dubbed NGE made this as a joke. Funimation made a bunch of dumb shit for DBZ. vid related

Last edited:
I don't like the idea that Shinji and Asuka fucked at some point. It ruins my perception of Shinji and makes him unrelatable. Since this was an unreleased PSA, I don't think it counts as canon.

no, but rebuilds aren't canon in my mind tbh ngl
I actually prefer the rebuilds as more of a coherent narrative, although the jump from 2 to 3 is jarring.

shinji was a chad anyways

AIDS ?
I don’t get it...

What are you talking about? I love Evangelion. Are you misreading my post?

no.

One of the themes that is 100% clear in EoE is rage towards obsessed fans who use NEG as escapism from the world. It's evident by the real life-threatening letters the creator got which is juxtaposed in the ending for the original series' trash ending and the dialogue in the ending which seems to be directed towards the audience about "running away from your problems" and "a false reality"

I think this entire theme is present throughout the rebuild series; I feel like the entire point of the rebuilds is for the director whatever the fuck his name is to do everything he could to fuck with the audiences expectations. Asuka isn't as much of a cunt and is nice and calm at points, Misato is way more understanding, a new love interest character despite the already existing love...square? Even the famous scenes have different expectations; Rei stands up for herself in the elevator and Asuka backs down, complete opposite of what the original characters did.

And then there's all this bullshit about Shinji trying to bring back the past with all the characters he once knew and loved which he is unable to, and learning to move on

which feels like a fuck you to us, because the characters "we once knew and loved" aren't the same.

It seems like the director is shaming us for using NEG as cope, but really, he's the one selling us the anime and profiting off of it. McDonalds fatshaming me.

haven't followed NEG since after 3.0 tho

Last edited:
no.

One of the themes that is 100% clear in EoE is rage towards obsessed fans who use NEG as escapism from the world. It's evident by the real life-threatening letters the creator got for the original series' trash ending and the dialogue in the ending.

I think this entire theme is present throughout the rebuild series; I feel like the entire point of the rebuilds is for the director whatever the fuck his name is to do everything he could to fuck with the audiences expectations. Asuka isn't as much of a cunt and is nice and calm at points, a new love interest character. Even the famous scenes have different expectations; Rei stands up for herself in the elevator.

And then there's all this bullshit about Shinji trying to bring back the past with all the characters he once knew and loved which he is unable to, and learning to move on

which feels like a fuck you to us, because the characters "we once knew and loved" aren't the same.

It seems like the director is shaming us for using NEG as cope, but really, he's the one selling us the anime and profiting off of it. McDonalds fatshaming me.

Oh, I see.
Do you prefer the original low-budget ending of the series then? I find it somewhat nonsensical.

My defense of Rebuild:

You are (not) alone is basically a retread of the series and doesn't diverge much from it; you can't get that message from that movie alone.

I really like You can (not) advance because of a few scenes. The last scene in which Shinji tries to rescue Rei with that children's song playing in the background really hits me hard emotionally. I also like when they go to the aquarium.

I can definitely see in the You can (not) Redo where Anno is saying "Fuck you, audience." I felt that too. Even the title seems to be a fuck you to the audience.

And I thought you were accusing me of shaming you for watching anime, not Anno. If you are saying that he is, then I have no disagreement and misunderstood the post.

Edit: Rebuilds are a separate canon from the originals, and it is known to not be canon to the original narrative; it's its own story.

Last edited:
Oh, I see.
Do you prefer the original low-budget ending of the series then? I find it somewhat nonsensical.

My defense of Rebuild:

You are (not) alone is basically a retread of the series and doesn't diverge much from it; you can't get that message from that movie alone.

I really like You can (not) advance because of a few scenes. The last scene in which Shinji tries to rescue Rei with that children's song playing in the background really hits me hard emotionally. I also like when they go to the aquarium.

I can definitely see in the You can (not) Redo where Anno is saying "Fuck you, audience." I felt that too. Even the title seems to be a fuck you to the audience.

And I thought you were accusing me of shaming you for watching anime, not Anno. If you are saying that he is, then I have no disagreement and misunderstood the post.
my bad, im never to the point.

The original low-budget ending of the series? No. It does resolve Shinji's depression...sort of. He experiences ego death and self-actualization, which is dope; but other than that, it's so pretentious yet resolves literally nothing that it's not fulfilling. The bad guys win, all of humanity dies, and nobody ever resolves their problems; which would be cool if it was the directors' intent, but it's so obviously not.

The only other good thing is the high school "alternate reality" portion, while seemingly pointless other than "reality is what you make of it", suggests to me that all of NEG was a metaphor for an ordinary high schooler / mid schooler going through puberty, which I thought was really cool, which is why many scenes in that scene literally mirror the events of NEG. Pen pen as an alarm clock, Shinji getting slapped by Asuka for being unintentionally a pervert with the exact same "hand print" frame when Shinji first meets Asuka, Misato leaving her car to enter school with all the guys gawking over her which happened exactly in the show, Shinji falling on top of Rei and sexually touching her, like what happens in the show; etc. That's how I interpreted it.

Other than that, total trash. EoE was WAY better.

(I have way too much time to be thinking about this crap)

EoE is how it should have ended, as it at least resolves the plot; the bad guys don't win, Shinji and Asuka come to terms with who they are, the angels are all dead and the secret organization is all gone...I guess...

Yeah, I was irritated by the first two rebuild shows because my nostalgia was intentionally subverted, but it was 3.0 where I really got that message loud and clear, and I just said "fuck this shit" because I think Anno is a pretentious ass like Miyazaki for profiting off of anime while disdaining and judging the audience who buys the crap you make

Last edited:
my bad, im never to the point.

The original low-budget ending of the series? No. It does resolve Shinji's depression...sort of. He experiences ego death and self-actualization, which is dope; but other than that, it's so pretentious yet resolves literally nothing that it's not fulfilling. The bad guys win, all of humanity dies, and nobody ever resolves their problems; which would be cool if it was the directors' intent, but it's so obviously not.

The only other good thing is the high school "alternate reality" portion, while seemingly pointless other than "reality is what you make of it", suggests to me that all of NEG was a metaphor for an ordinary high schooler / mid schooler going through puberty, which I thought was really cool, which is why many scenes in that scene literally mirror the events of NEG. Pen pen as an alarm clock, Shinji getting slapped by Asuka for being unintentionally a pervert with the exact same "hand print" frame when Shinji first meets Asuka, Misato leaving her car to enter school with all the guys gawking over her which happened exactly in the show, Shinji falling on top of Rei and sexually touching her, like what happens in the show; etc. That's how I interpreted it.

Other than that, total trash. EoE was WAY better.

(I have way too much time to be thinking about this crap)

EoE is how it should have ended, as it at least resolves the plot; the bad guys don't win, Shinji and Asuka come to terms with who they are, the angels are all dead and the secret organization is all gone...I guess...

Yeah, I was irritated by the first two, but it was 3.0 where I really got that message loud and clear, and I just said "fuck this shit"

Yes, it needs a series to explore the high school shit, not a couple of movies. So the movies definitely miss the metaphor of high school life and puberty.

I don't think 4.0 is ever coming out anyway. Too many people pissed about 3.0, and Anno is not reliable.

Edit: Never mind I think I misread your post about the alternate reality section. I thought you were referring to the early parts of the series when they are in school, not end with the "regular high school life."

Last edited:
NGE was entertaining

i thought he just jerked off onto her comatose body