Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

LDAR My recipe for pan-seared foie gras with clementine reduction

PPEcel

PPEcel

cope and seethe
-
Why foie gras?

Because it's amazing. There simply aren't a lot of foods that melt in your mouth the way that foie gras does. Also, it's just as easy to cook as tendies, if you own a frying pan. And it pisses off the SJWs because it's made from ducks and geese who are force-fed until their livers are really big and fat. If you are bored, cooking foie gras is a decent hobby in between your cooming sessions.

This dish is meant to be an appetizer. It will not fill you up. But it is fun to eat.

Serves: One bored richcel

Choosing and cutting foie gras:
If you do not live in France, it is unlucky that you will find foie gras at a regular supermarket. However, you may be able to find these at some department stores and speciality shops. I bought mine at Harrods' food hall in Knightsbridge, London.

There are multiple foie gras products on offer. Ideally, you want to buy foie gras entier, cru (raw, whole) that has been deveined and otherwise processed by the manufacturer. If not, you will remove the veins and connective issue yourself. Be careful not to buy foie gras entier (which is a cooked pate), or bloc de foie gras avec morceaux (which is more like a torchon).

Duck (foie gras de canard) or goose (foie gras d'oie)? Now, goose is more expensive and harder to find than duck, but I believe duck foie gras does the job perfectly well. I've only tried foie gras d'oie only once, and the difference isn't significant.

So, take a sharp knife, and depending on how big you want your foie gras piece, cut it diagonally, so the surface area that touches the pan is big. Your foie gras should be between 1/2 to 3/4 inches thick. Too thick, and it won't cook thoroughly and melt in your mouth. Too thin, and it will evaporate into a puddle of fat. Both of these scenarios have happened to me. You do not want to waste such a delicacy.

Choosing wine:
Most people will suggest pairing foie gras with a sweet white wine. Indeed, it is a versatile dish. A dessert wine, say, Sauternes, will work. A lot of older foids are into buttery chardonnays, and that works too. Champagne? Good. Riesling? Also good. I prefer slightly drier whites: I chose a fruity vintage Chablis.

The key to pairing wine with foie gras is subtlety. The idea is to complement, not overwhelm. Full-bodied reds are a definite no-no.

Ingredients:
For the (optional) apple puree:

1 granny smith apple
1 teaspoon butter
30 ml white wine
1/2 teaspoon quince jelly or apricot jam (optional)

For the foie gras and sauce:
1 piece of foie gras (50 to 80g, your preference)
Zest of 1 clementine (take a clementine and rub all of its skin against a cheese grater)
Juice of 1 clementine (depends, my clementine was really juicy, so I squeezed only half of it; err on the side of less juice, because you don't want the citrus to overpower the foie gras)
1/2 teaspoon rosemary leaves, finely chopped
30-50 ml white wine
Salt (I used Himalayan pink rock salt)
Black pepper

1 piece of toasted brioche (optional)
Rocket/Corn salad leaves as garnish (optional)

Method:
For the (optional) apple puree:

1. Core and peel the apple and make sure to remove all seeds. Cut into thin slices. If you are a slow cookcel making multiple portions of this recipe, you can choose to submerge your apple pieces in a bowl of water and lemon juice. This prevents the apple from oxidizing while you prep all the other ingredients.

2. On medium heat, melt the butter in a saucepan.

3. Cook the apples until soft, about 5-7minutes. Add the white wine and optional quince paste/apricot jam.

4. When the apples are done cooking, blend until smooth and creamy. Pass the mixture through a sieve and set aside.

The foie gras and sauce:

1. Take the piece of foie gras you have prepared. On one side, score it diagonally with a knife. Generously season both sides with salt and pepper.

2. Heat a frying pan to high heat and wait for a few minutes.

3. Now place the foie gras, scored side down, onto the hot pan. It should immediately sizzle and shrink into a puddle of fat. Now, tilt the pan over the heat so that the edge of the foie gras touches the hot side of the pan as well. Take a tablespoon and baste the foie gras in its own juices while it is cooking. The side facing down should be an excellent deep brown after 2 minutes. Now flip the piece of foie gras and repeat the process for the other side. This Gordon Ramsay video is useful for this step.

4. Once the foie gras is done, remove from the pan. Now pour in the white wine and clementine juice and allow the sauce/fat to reduce by simmering for one minute at medium heat. Now turn off the heat and add the chopped rosemary, clementine zest, and butter and allow to simmer for an additional minute. Scrape up any brown bits with your spatula.

Assembly:

Place the (optional) applesauce in a small circular pool in the middle of a round plate. Top with the (optional) toasted brioche. Now place the foie gras on top and gently spoon the clementine reduction over it. If you choose to, add the garnish for a little bit of extra colour.

Now enjoy. If by some miracle you have not fucked up any of the above steps, you will be left with a piece of very tasty foie gras. Pour yourself a glass of wine and savour. Let the richness of the duck or goose fat wash around your mouth. This triggers the SJWs over at PETA and also proves CuckTears wrong: we do know how to enjoy the finer things in life.

Now, I am much, much better at cooking than I am at taking pictures. It looks much better IRL, I swear. First picture with everything, second picture with foie gras only.

IMG 20191108 230052IMG 20191109 151416

Last edited:
nah I still prefer Balut because I'm an ethnic but I'll give this recipe a try

Thanks so much for sharing these delights!

Nasty stuff there

Never heard of that food before man

Eat white mans food only!

very good cookingcel too bad I can't even use a microwave

very good cookingcel too bad I can't even use a microwave
it's not hard to do. main problem niggas have is lack of money for good knives and other equipment. also money to throw to practice a vit