Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

SuicideFuel Math thread problem (official)

How long have you been studying mathematics at such a high level?
That argument wasn't even all that high level. To answer your question, I've been studying mathematical at university level for 6½ years now.

You forgot a square (the first term should be ln(x)^2*x) and the constant of integration. Probably just a typo/oversight, but still.
It was an oversight. I was typing on phone as well.

Fair enough. Typing on phone sucks ass.
Yeah it's because I was in uni and I don't want to log into this site on my laptop with the uni's wifi.

Yeah it's because I was in uni and I don't want to log into this site on my laptop with the uni's wifi.
I doubt your uni would do anything. I've browsed .is on my uni MacBook several times in the past and nothing has happened thus far. I'm an employee btw.

Mathematics separates bright minds from intellectual impostors. Parrots can appear to be intelligent by paraphrasing something they read in a book, but they could never follow a high level mathematical discussion. That level of abstraction is unbearable for dilettantes.

Although I am well-versed in High School mathematics, I was incapable of pursuing a degree in the field because 1) my passion for the Humanities got the best of me, and 2) I am not quantitatively brilliant, though my verbal IQ is quite high.

Mathematics separates bright minds from intellectual impostors. Parrots can appear to be intelligent by paraphrasing something they read in a book, but they could never follow a high level mathematical discussion. That level of abstraction is unbearable for dilettantes.
I'm an intellectual imposter:feelsrope:.
Although I am well-versed in High School mathematics, I was incapable of pursuing a degree in the field because 1) my passion for the Humanities got the best of me, and 2) I am not quantitatively brilliant, though my verbal IQ is quite high.
High school math and uni math use two completely different skill sets.

I don't think I'm quite as well liked. Too stern.
They weren’t too liked either. Majority of students wanted good grades without putting in effort. Graders said fuck your good grades and have the classes they graded averages of like 45%. Was happy that they were stern because my hard work meant something. Fuck those whiny bitches.

Mathematics is not unique in that regard, as evidenced by the fact that it would fail to categorize you correctly were it unique. Unfortunately most contemporary scientists are of the parrot type you described.

They weren’t too liked either. Majority of students wanted good grades without putting in effort. Graders said fuck your good grades and have the classes they graded averages of like 45%. Was happy that they were stern because my hard work meant something. Fuck those whiny bitches.
How I wish I had more students like you

I'm one of those students that don't put any effort but I never complained because it's my fault I received low marks.

Parrots might be intuitive but we humans possess an acumen for intuition and abstract concepts.
True, but we have to concur that most humans are barely above beasts when it comes to rational thought. Bright men we look up to are uncommon. Their innovations have made it far easier for the imbeciles to stay alive.

Ten thousand years ago, the aforementioned imbeciles would have starved to death because they are too incompetent to operate a spear. Now they just go on welfare and the brighter minority of the population carries them through life.

Parrots might be intuitive but we humans possess an acumen for intuition and abstract concepts.
Sadly academia consists primarily of parrots. Probably why society is the way it is. Many lack the ability to logically think.

Come on, yes they are. Quit being so arrogantly naive. I do not have to concur with your decree as a dog would his master's command.
Do you recall having a brief conversation with me and admitting that you are unable to establish genuine connections, and that everyone seems to get along on this forum while you remain the loneliest of us? Now you know why.

Being unnecessarily disagreeable and entering every conversation in a bad-natured spirit of competition makes you woefully annoying.

"We have to concur..." is how some people introduce a topic and start a fun conversation with their friends.

Jumping down someone's throat because of an insignificant detail like that is why you always need to reply to a comment first in order to get people to interact with you; your hysterical behavior drives people away. No one wants to befriend an entitled jerk like you.

No offense meant, but I sometimes wonder if you are a woman. Being contrary is one of the most unpleasant characteristics of a know-it-all cunt. Trying to beat someone at their own game with fancy words and personal attacks instead of simply disagreeing in a good-natured, dispassionate way like your fellow men do.

Food for thought.

(Don't bother to reply as I am ignoring you from now on. I was moved to know you are unable to establish genuine connections on the forum, which is why I had decided to reach out to you and make small talk, but after another unpleasant experience, I give up. Your erratic behavior is repulsive. You are bound to be friendless even on a forum like this.)

Ten thousand years ago, the aforementioned imbeciles would have starved to death because they are too incompetent to operate a spear. Now they just go on welfare and the brighter minority of the population carries them through life.
I agree with @Orzmund that this is a bit much. While the irrational man might not have been able to invent the spear, they would have surely been perfectly capable of operating it adequately. Besides, I doubt most plumbers are rationally gifted, yet I doubt many of them are on welfare. Welfare is full of lazy bums and intellectual poseurs who mistakenly think themselves above menial labor.
The opposite is true, the genius artists, innovators, and inventors are given the opportunity to exercise their ardour and excess of intellect due to the sacrifices of the masses.
What sacrifice?
The ordinary person is not a reiterating parrot incapable of original discussion
Why not? Do you have proof to the contrary? From where I'm standing, it sure seems that way.

Your comment almost made it seem that you looked down upon people who weren't good at math when it's mostly luck and genetics that determine whether you'll have expertise in the field. It would be like judging a fish for its ability to climb a tree.
That was not my intention. I agreed with what you wrote there.

I don't really blame them. Life as a nobody is mediocre, especially if one happens to be an incel.
I think more women than men are on welfare, but don't quote me on that.
The ordinary person devotes his life to the society he is absorbed into at birth, and through this involuntary service geniuses are given the opportunity to advance their understanding of the world.

What would Universities and research institutions be like with common faculty such as janitors, plumbers, electricians, construction workers, et cetera?

This service to society is mutual and transactional, without geniuses society would be without some of our greatest technologies, and without ordinary people the savants would have no means of creating them.
I understand and largely agree with the dynamic you speak of, but is it really a sacrifice? What else would the common man do? He (or she) has to put bread on the table and his (her) means of doing so is rather limited. I can understand not wanting to do "base" work, but what's the alternative for them? Welfare has only become an option in recent times.
I speak very little to others in the real world, but I am positive that if I chanced upon a discussion with a menial drudge I would hear of anecdotes and opinions; at least this provides the solace that every person is able to illustrate their own vision of the world.
Of course, but many of the things they like or think are very similar. We even have words for this exact phenomenon: hype, boom, rage, etc. Their conformity functions as an echo chamber reinforcing itself. Ignorami are of course not braindead, but they do seem like "reiterating parrots incapable of original discussion" as you put it, destined to be groupies to someone if not each other.

Find the volume of the revolution solid formed by the rotation of a 3 side length cube around its inside diagonal

Science is better math is homosexual

What do you think the language wherein science is writ is?
I’m mainly talking about biology but yea subjects like chemistry and physics use math but I’ve always been better in the math used in science instead of regular math cuz I think regular math is usually more difficult. I have a friend who’s failing math but getting 90’s in physics too.

I’ve always been better in the math used in science instead of regular math cuz I think regular math is usually more difficult. I have a friend who’s failing math but getting 90’s in physics too.
Interesting. I've always been the opposite. What makes abstract math more difficult you think? Its abstract nature?

Find the volume of the revolution solid formed by the rotation of a 3 side length cube around its inside diagonal
The resulting shape is two cones joined at the base. The volume of the solid of revolution is therefore twice the volume of the cone. The volume of a cone is (π/3)*r^2*h, where r is the radius of the base of the cone and h is the height of the cone. In this case, both r & h are half as long as the diagonal of the cube. The diagonal of the cube measures 3*sqrt(3) units, so r = h = (3/2)*sqrt(3). The volume of the solid of revolution should therefore be (27π/8)*sqrt(3).

(IN VIDEO GAME)

Find all values of X, such that:

Sqrt(1 + sqrt(1 + x)) = cubic root of x

Find all values of X, such that:

Sqrt(1 + sqrt(1 + x)) = cubic root of x
First, x needs to be nonnegative. Let u = the cube root of x. Then sqrt(1 + u^3) = u^2 - 1. Squaring both sides yields that 1 + u^3 = u^4 - 2u^2 + 1 -- i.e., u^4 - u^3 - 2u^2 = 0, so u = 0 or 0 = u^2 - u - 2 = (u - 2)(u + 1). Since u = 0 would imply x = 0, which is evidently a spurious solution, either u = 2 or u = -1. However, u = -1 would mean that x = -1, so u = 2 AKA x = 8 is the only solution.