Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Story [Long post] I've been pretending to go to university for the past year...

• Thread starter Deleted member 6214
  • Start date
You could always pretend to drop out, dumbass

Yeah man, this is worse than being sexless/girlfriendless. Just knowing that I wasted my potential and I'll never get another chance in my life. :feelscry:[/QUOTE]
Have you tried doing an Access course? It will help you get into University, most of the very top Uni's won't accept it but most do. it only takes one year.

I will always be honest to my parents in thos regard

Have you tried doing an Access course? It will help you get into University, most of the very top Uni's won't accept it but most do. it only takes one year.

Yeah I've had a look at those, but there are none for my preferred subject (Economics). I'm going to be resitting my A Levels this coming year, it's my best bet.

If this isn't some semblance of proof that the way you look affect your quality of life, then i don't know what is.
Good luck OP, i hope you manage to fix up your life, you have my support.

Thanks for the kind comments all of you, I really appreciate it. Gonna have to decide what to do next, guess I may have to come clean...:feelscry::feelsbadman:
You don't have to actually. You could pretend to drop out and start learning a trade because 'it's your passion'.
They'll still be upset but if you succeed at whatever trade you go after then in the long run it won't matter and they'll still be proud of you.

Tell them. Any path forward starts there. You’ll be embarrassed and they’ll be mad for awhile but they’ll get over it. It’ll suck but it’s where you are right now.

Sometimes the only way out is through.

I can absolutely relate to this. Kinda same thing happened to me also.

As a kid, our school would start at 8.30. But the guys always started gathering somewhat earlier.
They used those 10 or 15 minutes to beat me up just before class started.
First it were just some random guys, but soon the whole pack ganged up on me.
To counter this, I tried to be just in time or just after everyone had gone to their classroom.
As young as I was, I had my nose broken several times because of the beatings.
Until today my face bears the marks.

So I got used to this habit of being "just in time" that later on I would be late for school. First some 5 minutes, but then 15.
They suspended me several times for that.
When I was about 14, I started to skip class. I roamed the streets until it was time to go home, lying to mother that I had been in school all day.

At 16 I was sent to a special school for kids with severe problems. Although I didn't see myself as such, it was impossible to go to a normal school.
They tested me for IQ and it was found above average.
At 18 I dropped out definitely, did some stupid shit and was convicted to a prison sentence.

I never wanted this to happen. I dreamed about a normal life with friends in school and getting good grades, coming home with a diploma.
I feel that I was denied a trouble-free childhood because of the bullying, and it contributed greatly to my social isolation.

it's time to come clean because living a lie will only end up with you're own suicide
i was out of education for 3 years and i went back because it's better late than never
don't do this to yourself
i'm here if you need to talk

They made you without your consent and expect you to finance them for the burden? Keep in lying, OP, and I mean that 100%.

Oxford or Cambridge will not give you a prominent jawline.

Wouldn't they realise you're not going to uni when they tried to pay for your tuition?

that's some autistic shit. just tell them the truth. it's their fault you're like this

If you don't want to tell them the truth, you can explain the "change" of school by saying what normies would say:
I have a change at heart and now I want to study.... and I didn't tell you because I didn't want to cause any problems
Or blame it on a foid, that you actually got a gf and she dump you and cheated and now you cant stand being around.

As for now, try finding another job, kinda far your house,so you can help out your folks

Rough shit.

But what will the "normal people" say?

"Just lift bro. Just get a haircut bro. Just, be funny bro. Everything is your fault. Everything bad happens to you because you want it to happen to you. Do these stupid inane fucking things that nobody cares about and spend all your money on useless things and then just ignore the bullies"

Oxford or Cambridge will not give you a prominent jawline.

But taking a vast amount of anabolics might. Though you'll also likely end up with an acorn for a penis.

Ugh, that's one of the most depressing posts I've read here.
You gotta come clean, man. It will be painful and awkward, but if you wait any longer it will become EVEN more painful.
I mean, you writing here was probably your first step into coming clean, you probably want it already..
Just don't fool yourself with suicide ideation. That's not as easy as some people think.
I tried it but didn't had the guts to actually do it. Like many of the lurkers here, I guess.
I also thought for a while that I could avoid pains and duties etc. by committing suicide, but it didn't work out.
So - yeah. Come clean, tell your parents ASAP, then you can look for work/training. You're presumably still young enough to get actual training as, I don't know, electrician or whatever, rather than just becoming a minimum wage McDonald's slave.

Same feels exactly. Grades plummeted from 5th grade on. Now I rarely go to school and just skip it a lot.

Tell them as soon as possible. Take the plunge. The internal torture will suddenly get a lot better. Tell them today.

one time i was lying about going to work for almost 2 weeks when i got fired -- eventually i fessed up and my parents understood , though disappointed, i lived through it. goodluck bro hoping the best for you.
Fired for doing what?

Bro you gotta come clean living a life that this will only keep you in the rut you're in

Mate this story hit me pretty hard, I was a straight A student at 16 too for my GCSE's. soon as I went to college I got severely depressed, and suicidal. dropped out of college, restarted college at a diff place, got kicked out of that college, and now im at my 3rd college in 3 years. I was so lonely throughout college i even tried to kms right before an exam cos of depression but I kept going. Just keep goin man, resit some A-levels, you only need like E's to get into a foundation course in some unis and it'll totally be worth it. I'm leaving to go to Uni too this year, life should be so much better at Uni so I say u should deffo go for it. Maybe you could tell your parents that you're dropping out of uni because you dont like the course/ uni and tell them you're switching to a different uni?

Man that sucks im currently neeting so yeah i dindt attent school in my last days before i dropped out too but your far more deep into this,when your parents are so caring why they dont let you neet? Or didnt you ask yet remember you owe no one any shit, its their fault bringing an child into this realm not yours

Start trade school instead, NOW. The longer you wait the harder it will be to get started. Most of the fucktards who study won't get jobs anyway with their worthless degrees.

Now, since September 2017, I've been pretending to go to a top university by lying to my parents. I printed out fake grade sheets and managed to convince them. They trust me 100% and didn't question anything. Every morning I leave the house and just go to the local library and sit there, reading books or scrolling my phone. Then I come back home and tell my parents that I had a productive day at uni. I can't tell them the truth... they would be devastated. They had hopes of me going to an amazing university like Oxford and the hope that one day I would make their lives easier by earning good money. Both my parents work 7 days a week, long hours and it's having a negative effect on my dad's physique, he is getting kind of old now.
i did the same shit....

Lonelycel was decent user and someone I understood

Good, I thought you were still wasting your parents time and money. They could have been planning their live around your potential success, and if you had kept lying they could have ended up homeless or something. TBH this shit just sounds kinda childish. I just left university and told my parents immediately. To me it's more stressful and more trouble to lie about something like that than to see my parents reaction.

any update on this? Damn this is some sad shit

any update on this? Damn this is some sad shit
I hope OP ended up with a degree or took some other path in life but incel intuition tells me he tied something around his neck instead, and it wasn't a neck tie for a job interview.

I hope OP ended up with a degree or took some other path in life but incel intuition tells me he tied something around his neck instead, and it wasn't a neck tie for a job interview.
He probably doing better things now