Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

It's Over I've Never Watched This Movie, But I've Never Felt The Lines In A Movie Describe My Experience & Mental Framework So Accurately

BlkPillPres

BlkPillPres

Self-banned
-

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RjKNbfA64EE

There is an idea of a Patrick Bateman.
Some kind of abstraction, but there is no real me.
Only an entity-- something illusory.
And though I can hide my cold gaze...
and you can shake my hand and feel flesh gripping yours...
and maybe you can even sense our life styles are probably comparable,
I simply am not there.

My entire life it's always felt like I was living in "3rd person". When I talk to most people it's clear that their concept of reality is that "they are their body", life is a "1st person" experience to them. But to me it's always felt like I was just "some entity inside my body", piloting, observing, learning, mimicking, but not truly "human" in the sense that everyone else is.

Everyone always seems so cemented in their character, you can tell when you speak to them and you see their facial expressions, that "it's really them", but for me there's always this incessant self awareness scratching in the back of my mind, I can never truly immerse myself in the role of being me, because it's exactly that, a role.

There's nothing there, there's never been anything there. I simply emulate what I know people want to see, and what I've learned passes for normal. Over time it's become so natural that it's almost like a I temporarily become a different person. I can "switch modes" very quickly whenever it's required, but it's just "a mode", it's not the real me.

Whenever I go out to work or I go out to buy something, it's almost like I mentally prepare to play that role and then I head out. It doesn't take long, it's like flipping a switch in my mind. When I'm home alone in my room, I go back to being what I really am.

The weird thing is that someone reading this might actually feel sorry for me, but they wouldn't understand the experience. It's nothing to feel sorry about, because it's so peaceful, it's so calm. Life is so relaxing in some moments when you don't have anything you really care about. If I could just get my financial problems in order I could truly create the perfect life for myself (based on my own personal desires).

I want the life of a recluse. Quiet, simple, stress free, minimal to no social interaction, just me and the things I enjoy doing. I can't relate to the feeling of "feeling alone", I can only relate to the feeling of "boredom". I've never envied people that had many friends or a social life, those always felt like and annoyance to me. More roles that I'd be forced to pretend in, more rules I'd had to learn, more social cues i'd have to learn, etc.

Money is really my only problem, if I could just fix this one problem, I could create the perfect life for myself.

For me its complete opposite, i can only experience things in first person and i cant fake social norms, thats why i keep quiet in social situations and fail hard.
I want the life of a recluse. Quiet, simple, stress free, minimal to no social interaction, just me and the things I enjoy doing. I can't relate to the feeling of "feeling alone", I can only relate to the feeling of "boredom". I've never envied people that had many friends or a social life, those always felt like and annoyance to me. More roles that I'd be forced to pretend in, more rules I'd had to learn, more social cues i'd have to learn, etc.

Money is really my only problem, if I could just fix this one problem, I could create the perfect life for myself.
I can strongly relate to this, i just want to live comfortably away from normies dramas, aggressions and problems. I dont have a need for them. Also huge amount of money would solve all the problems that give me anxiety.

Look dude, I'll be real with you, I'm extremely jealous of this. I have always seen things in first person I've never actually felt like I had the ability to transform environments like that, I always felt like my environment controls me and not the other way around.

I don't know to what extent this is some form of nihilist activism but I never saw myself that way, I almost always wanted to but I was always aware or sometimes, I'd overestimate how much impact an environment has over me, with people around of course.

You probably do tons of public speaking, that's why you see things as changeable with no effort. I'll always remember my plane journey(s), when landing from high up you see just how small everyone is and just how finite and killable anyone is and just how small things are. It'll never fail to scare me though, just how many miles waters go around for, I'm still skeptical of some being we haven't seen being in that water, this will always be one of my greatest fears, some horrible creature, for some reason though, it looks somewhat like a blue human naked, humans really are the most dangerous. I kinda have to see some human characteristics in order to fear something ;D

I can very much relate. I sincerely hope that you accomplish your goals. You probably don’t care and that’s perfectly fine, but you have many people here who really care about you.

My entire life it's always felt like I was living in "3rd person". When I talk to most people it's clear that their concept of reality is that "they are their body", life is a "1st person" experience to them. But to me it's always felt like I was just "some entity inside my body", piloting, observing, learning, mimicking, but not truly "human" in the sense that everyone else is.
You’re really similar to me ,so strange:feelshaha:

I don’t know if you did that but i used to look at the mirror and not feel familiar with the person I was looking at , feel like I was staring at a stranger even though I knew it was my body , I still do , but less now.

You’re probably on the spectrum,
I suspect I am too like 99,99% , no need to consult.

I've never envied people that had many friends or a social life, those always felt like and annoyance to me.
I don’t know about this one , I’ve envied those people very much in my youth tbh

[UWSL]You tell me at no time in your youth in school , when you saw boys getting invited to party and not you , seeing Tyrone getting fawn over by girls of any race just next to you and you’re force to watch that scene for years, you felt nothing ?[/UWSL]

I want the life of a recluse. Quiet, simple, stress free, minimal to no social interaction, just me and the things I enjoy doing. I can't relate to the feeling of "feeling alone", I can only relate to the feeling of "boredom

That is my only purpose in life ,

dood he's literally me!!! :soy::soy::soy::soy:

i used to look at the mirror and not feel familiar with the person I was looking at , feel like I was staring at a stranger even though I knew it was my body , I still do
Same.

[UWSL]You tell me at no time in your youth in school , when you saw boys getting invited to party and not you , seeing Tyrone getting fawn over by girls of any race just next to you and you’re force to watch that scene for years, you felt nothing ?[/UWSL]
I never really stuck around to observe, I just went from place to place where I needed to be. I kinda blocked everyone out who I had no interest in (outside of my few friends).

That is my only purpose in life ,
Same. Whether I stick around to help out any of my family, depends on how quickly I make the money, and how desperate I am to start my new life.

I know for a fact I'll tell my family when I'm leaving, but I'm not coming back after I leave, my departure is final and I'm not contacting any of them again. I'm also changing my name, without a doubt, maybe not the entire thing but atleast the first name.

I want a complete fresh start.

I know for a fact I'll tell my family when I'm leaving, but I'm not coming back after I leave, my departure is final and I'm not contacting any of them again. I'm also changing my name, without a doubt, maybe not the entire thing but atleast the first name.

I want a complete fresh start.
That is my only remnants of the bluepill , I have difficulties to kill .

Let me be clear , I don’t depends on my family anymore in fact an entire ocean separates us but I would have difficulties ghosting them , when they call me I pick up

I feel so conflicted because a part of me resent my parent for having raise me as a fuckin sheep.

( mother who bluepill me as fuck and raise me with the only value being : be a nice little boy , worst kind of education you could have received as a man+ single mother) dad bounce when I was a baby to fuck other black bitches ( the black community l swear:feelskek:)

But an other part of me , tell me: hey could have been worse , you didn’t receive proper education but your mother took care of you

After being blackpilled , I learned

Taking care of =\ education

I was taken care of but I wasn’t educated

Let me be clear , I don’t depends on my family anymore in fact an entire ocean separates us but I would have difficulties ghosting them , when they call me I pick up

I feel so conflicted because a part of me resent my parent for having raise me as a fuckin sheep.

( mother who bluepill me as fuck and raise me with the only value being : be a nice little boy , worst kind of education you could have received as a man+ single mother) dad bounce when I was a baby to fuck other black bitches ( the black community l swear:feelskek:)

But an other part of me , tell me: hey could have been worse , you didn’t receive proper education but your mother took care of you

The way I look at it, all of our lives are "separate" anyways, and people die or grow apart. At some point you're going to lose contact with certain people (even family). All I'm doing is speeding up the process and making it more immediate.

Also there's another factor. They don't know the "real me", the me they want to spend time with and keep around is a facade. Ask yourself a question, if they knew the real you, would they even want you around?

If the answer is no, then why be attached to spending time with people who only really want to spend time with your "persona" and not really you?

I don't really care how they feel about it though lol. I have to live my life for my own sake because it's the only life I have. I won't let anyone hold me back or guilt me (I'm way past the point of guilt now anyways).

You see the thing is, nobody wants you to be satisfied in life more than you do. So you have to put yourself first.

Last edited:
You've been around this community for over 4 years and you just looked into the Patrick Bateman character? There are literally tons of users here who use him as an avi.

It's like me just discovering who Pepe the frog is :feelshaha:

You've been around this community for over 4 years and you just looked into the Patrick Bateman character? There are literally tons of users here who use him as an avi.

It's like me just discovering who Pepe the frog is :feelshaha:
I've seen the character before, I've used 4chan so I've definitely seen it (check em). But I never really payed attention to that specific scene much, and I never watched the movie because I read the plot and it didn't appeal to me

I don't really care how they feel about it though lol. I have to live my life for my own sake because it's the only life I have. I won't let anyone hold me back or guilt me (I'm way past the point of guilt now anyways).

You see the thing is, nobody wants you to be satisfied in life more than you do. So you have to put yourself first
Nicely put , at the end of day it’s my desire
Made me think about nietzsche

The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

Nietzsche

Take meds NOW

I broke all ties with my family when I was 18. Left my hometown, left the very few "friends" I had there.
Never looked back.

Been moneymaxxing since then, decently successful at that so far.

When I think about it, my parents have been a disaster in every possible ways. Zero education, zero knowledge, zero advice about life, about success... They just expected things to go with the flow.
They sent me to the arena defenseless.

People like this deserve to understand how retarded they were to make children when they couldn't educate them at all. And therefore, yeah you should probably cut ties forever.

:feelsohh::society: Tfw when the awareness of blackpill is your modus operandi, this mindset automatically registered in your head:smonk:

Have you ever had those moments where you just stare at your hand and ask yourself how is this even real?

When I think about it, my parents have been a disaster in every possible ways. Zero education, zero knowledge, zero advice about life, about success... They just expected things to go with the flow.
They sent me to the arena defenseless.
Same. You what the sad thing is, this isn't even a special level of incompetence, this is the average parent. Most parents are lazy and they put no thought or effort into parenting. They just think they can send you to school and "life takes care of the rest". They give no proper guidance, they don't tell you about any financial loopholes, they don't tell you about any exploits, they don't tell you about starting a business, they don't tell you about taxes, they don't teach you shit that's useful.

I'm not joking when I say that sometimes I flashback to my parents giving me what they would call "guidance" and I cringe because I can tell from their facial expressions that they feel proud of themselves and they think that they are actually doing a good job.

Most people end up being wage slave 9 to 5 workers because most parents are fucking useless and they offer their children no advantages in life.

I hold strong resentment towards my parents, and it's not because they birthed me into poverty, that's a minor issue, it's because they birthed me into poverty and then they didn't explain the gravity of the situation of being a poor man, that life is completely different from being a poor woman.

Every broke bitch in my family has had multiple boyfriends, a social life, etc, because a woman's life and a man's life is not the same thing. Women get their lives funded by men, men have to fund their own lives. So a man without resources is essentially a man without a life.

To me it's unforgivable how much they set me up for failure. They didn't tell me how the game is really played and how I can have some advantages in my favor (and I needed as much as possible).

People like this deserve to understand how retarded they were to make children when they couldn't educate them at all. And therefore, yeah you should probably cut ties forever.
Agreed. I'm going to give my parents "a good talking to" before I leave, and let them know that they really dropped the ball, and that I don't want anything to do with them or anyone in the family. Because of the years they made me waste I've decided to put all of my time and effort into the rest of my own life, I don't have any time or effort to spare for anyone else after being robbed of so much.

Wow! Alot of surprises coming from you today. First I learn you listen to yeat. And second is that you haven't seen American Psycho! That's movie is like... a part of incel/BP culture.

Wow! Alot of surprises coming from you today. First I learn you listen to yeat. And second is that you haven't seen American Psycho! That's movie is like... a part of incel/BP culture.
I've pretty much already watch the movie with all the clips I've seen and how much people talk about it. The plot doesn't really interest me tbh. "Taxi" is another one too, it's very much an incel tier movie, but the plot doesn't interest me, I've downloaded it but I haven't watched it yet lol.

I've pretty much already watch the movie with all the clips I've seen and how much people talk about it. The plot doesn't really interest me tbh. "Taxi" is another one too, it's very much an incel tier movie, but the plot doesn't interest me, I've downloaded it but I haven't watched it yet lol.
What type of movies interest you then? What kind of plots? I could honestly watch any genre long as it's very entertaining.

I recommend nightcrawler. The main character reminds me of you alot. He's ruthless and kills his partner at the end to careermaxx. Or Training Day with Denzel Washington

What type of movies interest you then? What kind of plots? I could honestly watch any genre long as it's very entertaining.

I recommend nightcrawler. The main character reminds me of you alot. He's ruthless and kills his partner at the end to careermaxx. Or Training Day with Denzel Washington
Wasn't I the one that told you about nightcrawler?, or was it someone else?, yeah I watched that one already, it was really good.

I think it has to do with "pacing", a lot of older movies have "different pacing" and it's boring in comparison to what were used to in modern times.

For example, I remember enjoying the hell out of shows like "Angel" or "Buffy The Vampire Slayer", or "Charmed".

A few months ago I tried to watch Angel over again, and it was boring as hell. The "pacing", cinematography, etc is just so different and slower paced in the past. There's a new style to shows, movies, etc today and it's just more entertaining.

There are some exceptions, but that was usually from directors who were trying to "change things up", and it's actually because of them that we have the great media we have today. The makers of the Matrix movie for example revolutionized cinematography and the limits directors would push with technology through the most famous scene:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kjcv-JtUOgA

They raised the bar with this movie, everything else was inferior in comparison.

I like action movies, but I prefer the ones that have some kind of psychological aspect to it, or where the character is interesting. I haven't seen training day, I'll look it up.

Wasn't I the one that told you about nightcrawler?, or was it someone else?, yeah I watched that one already, it was really good.

I think it has to do with "pacing", a lot of older movies have "different pacing" and it's boring in comparison to what were used to in modern times.

For example, I remember enjoying the hell out of shows like "Angel" or "Buffy The Vampire Slayer", or "Charmed".

A few months ago I tried to watch Angel over again, and it was boring as hell. The "pacing", cinematography, etc is just so different and slower paced in the past. There's a new style to shows, movies, etc today and it's just more entertaining.

There are some exceptions, but that was usually from directors who were trying to "change things up", and it's actually because of them that we have the great media we have today. The makers of the Matrix movie for example revolutionized cinematography and the limits directors would push with technology through the most famous scene:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kjcv-JtUOgA

They raised the bar with this movie, everything else was inferior in comparison.

I like action movies, but I prefer the ones that have some kind of psychological aspect to it, or where the character is interesting. I haven't seen training day, I'll look it up.

That's what I like about you. You seem to always know why us humans inherently enjoy something. Like how socialising is a cope and we instead desire entertainment, sex and food. Or that analogy about the 15 yr old boy who was mad that he wasn't 16 but inherently, he couldn't care less. He simply wishes he could drive. It's that way of thinking where you have the self awareness to know what you inherently want without other things confusing you. Its one of the aspects that makes you an interesting user imo. Very chad-like mindset :chad:

Yeah that's right, any movie with good pacing is an enjoyable movie regardless of the genre. Think of all the movies that are considered "The Best Films Ever". Good Pacing/Writing in a movie is necessary in any movie to be watchable and enjoyable. And here I was thinking it's the deep meaning behind the film that makes it enjoyable. Fuck it! A SpongeBob movie with good pacing is better than a deep philosophical movie with shit pacing. I almost forgot about that.

But nowadays with attention spans slowly being lowered because of social media and too much easy access to entertainment. Were going to have to rely alot on pacing and less about good plots and storytelling. Movies are going to become shitter in the future because of this I believe.

But nowadays with attention spans slowly being lowered because of social media and too much easy access to entertainment. Were going to have to rely alot on pacing and less about good plots and storytelling. Movies are going to become shitter in the future because of this I believe.
The funny thing is, attention spans are lower because the quality of entertainment has increased.

I'm sure reading a book was amazing in the 1950's, but imagine reading a novel after seeing this shit:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IuXN0DYwPew

It's just not comparable.

I always find it weird when old people keep saying this low attention span stuff as if they lack the self awareness to comprehend why.

It's like saying "Kids are so picky with food these days". Yeah no shit, they don't have to eat dry bread and oatmeal like some poor farmer in the 1900's. They can eat KFC one day, Taco Bell the next day, Dairy Queen for dessert, and on and on it goes.

After all that shit, give one of those children some dry bread and oatmeal and see how much they like it lol.

As humans advance, we get access to more and more stimulating and convenient things (entertainment, music, food, sex, transportation, etc).

So the other things just become obsolete in comparison and were less willing to tolerate them, or put in the effort required to learn to enjoy and appreciate these things.

I could never watch a "play", and most people in higher society only watch that shit for the sake of appearances, it's about showing that you are "high status", that you "appreciate the arts" and "the finer things in life".

But I' bet my life that if you attached electrodes to their head and analyzed their brains while watching a play, or watching a high quality movie of that play. Their brains would show many times greater stimulation and enjoyment from the movie.

I can only read for the sake of knowledge, but I will never read a novel, that shit is too boring, I don't know how the hell people read for the sake of entertainment. My dreams are more entertaining that any novel, and that's especially because they involve me and not some random characters I care nothing about.

The funny thing is, attention spans are lower because the quality of entertainment has increased.

I'm sure reading a book was amazing in the 1950's, but imagine reading a novel after seeing this shit:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IuXN0DYwPew

It's just not comparable.

I always find it weird when old people keep saying this low attention span stuff as if they lack the self awareness to comprehend why.

It's like saying "Kids are so picky with food these days". Yeah no shit, they don't have to eat dry bread and oatmeal like some poor farmer in the 1900's. They can eat KFC one day, Taco Bell the next day, Dairy Queen for dessert, and on and on it goes.

After all that shit, give one of those children some dry bread and oatmeal and see how much they like it lol.

As humans advance, we get access to more and more stimulating and convenient things (entertainment, music, food, sex, transportation, etc).

So the other things just become obsolete in comparison and were less willing to tolerate them, or put in the effort required to learn to enjoy and appreciate these things.

I could never watch a "play", and most people in higher society only watch that shit for the sake of appearances, it's about showing that you are "high status", that you "appreciate the arts" and "the finer things in life".

But I' bet my life that if you attached electrodes to their head and analyzed their brains while watching a play, or watching a high quality movie of that play. Their brains would show many times greater stimulation and enjoyment from the movie.

I can only read for the sake of knowledge, but I will never read a novel, that shit is too boring, I don't know how the hell people read for the sake of entertainment. My dreams are more entertaining that any novel, and that's especially because they involve me and not some random characters I care nothing about.

Haha lol. I always thought the same thing. Why do rich people pay to watch those over the top classy pantomimes. I always felt like they did so make themselves feel classy and sophisticated. Like seeing some shitty play was some next level VIP top class entertainment that only rich people could enjoy and watching movies made you a simpleton.

Anyways, your right about life being more convenient because of technology becoming more advanced, food becoming better etc. But I feel like it's a bad thing if society goes down that route. We will lose masculinity and the value of effort and hard work.will end up like those fat people in that spaceship in Wall-E

Wall E 2 fat humans 1024x426

The masculinity of our past ancestors of conquering the world, inspiring others and the urge to reach our best potential will go extinct.

I'm really not sure if too much comfort is a good thing.

"Weak Men Create Hard Times,
Hard Times Create Strong Men
Strong Create Good Times"

Those guys that were eating oatmeal and bread in the 1900s were probably more high T than this entire forum.

(I ate KFC today)

Last edited:
You must pirate this movie at once ngl. It’s some sort of cult classic and one of the few movies based on a bookie that did well in the early 2000s

If i had money i could care less about anything else, money is everything at the end of the day. Sadly it's an uphill battle to make decent money, for me is an uphill battle to make any money tbh. I'm unhireable for some reason, and i don't do well on interviews.

If i had money i could care less about friends or whatever. Not saying i would ditch them, but 99% of my problems would automatically go away. I could enjoy my copes and live in reclusion, i would meet with people only if i want to.

Do you also mean LN and Webnovels too? Or just novels? Because they're fun, they don't lack in comparison with mangas/anime. It's just hard to enter.

We will lose masculinity and the value of effort and hard work.will end up like those fat people in that spaceship in Wall-E

View attachment 641906
That's only going to be the people stupid enough to let themselves get that fat. But think about it this way, what if some magic pill comes out that just makes you burn fat at 1000 times the rate. People would just use that and stay in shape anyways, despite eating KFC anyways.

The flaw in that movie is that they assumed that only advances in convenience and technology would be made, they left out the advances that would let humans "cheat the system".

We will probably have "designer babies" in that era, humans with super metabolisms, all men are Chads and all women are Stacies. Weightloss issues are a thing of the past, etc.

Do you also mean LN and Webnovels too? Or just novels? Because they're fun, they don't lack in comparison with mangas/anime. It's just hard to enter.
If there's no visuals it's completely boring. You can't even compare manga to a novel. If the current manga industry was instead a novel industry, it would barely have any customers and there never would have been a huge worldwide anime fanbase.

Take the Kimetsu No Yaiba (Demon Slayer) manga/anime. It's known very well for its amazing art style. You can't see that art style through the words of that media being depicted in a novel, you would likely imagine something more mundane, our brains don't simulate visuals so well (especially when were not sleeping).

Had it not been for the manga it never would have had the popularity it does now.

Words by themselves just aren't that mentally stimulating.

If there's no visuals it's completely boring. You can't even compare manga to a novel. If the current manga industry was instead a novel industry, it would barely have any customers and there never would have been a huge worldwide anime fanbase.

Take the Kimetsu No Yaiba (Demon Slayer) manga/anime. It's known very well for its amazing art style. You can't see that art style through the words of that media being depicted in a novel, you would likely imagine something more mundane, our brains don't simulate visuals so well (especially when were not sleeping).

Had it not been for the manga it never would have had the popularity it does now.

What we're discussing now is people's lazyness over entertainment. They don't want to make the "effort" of reading, they just want it easy on anime format. That's why it's more popular anime than manga, and manga than light novels. Just because people are inherently lazy and like comfort.

Some works like Demon Slayer, got upgraded because they got really good adaptations. But the same can be said otherwise. Other works have had shit adaptations and the end result becomes a total waste. So visuals is not the entire picture.

We can't judge what's more entertaining because people get entertained on shitty things. Like Black Clover, it's so shitty and generic. But people love it. Then there was the adaptation of Yakuza House Husband. It was literally the panels side by side from the manga, but it gained a lot of popularity. Why? Because people are lazy.

Does that mean that anime is a better medium than novels? No. It's just has easier entry to it.

I've consumed a lot of shit in the last 10 years, From Anime to Manga to Visual novels to Light novels. Every medium has their good points. Anime has it's nice visuals and soundtracks. Manga can be read almost anywhere and you can go at your own pace, it also has some incredible panels and drawings that blow your mind, like kentaro miura's. Light novels are a niche from a niche, they have all the details. So if you enjoy knowing a history fully and getting the whole picture they're a really nice way to do so, also they make you "feel part" of the story somewhat.

People pretend to like classy plays, novels, plain coffee,chess games and painting museums etc to make themselves feel more mature. But these types of things, have no imagination or colour inside them that make them enjoyable or worth spending your time on. They're very boring and make my skull itch literally three seconds after consuming them. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying they aren't some people who genuinely enjoy doing those things. But many pretend to enjoy these things to make them feel more elegant and smarter than "simpletons"

Idk, I just find that hilarious.

What we're discussing now is people's lazyness over entertainment. They don't want to make the "effort" of reading, they just want it easy on anime format. That's why it's more popular anime than manga, and manga than light novels. Just because people are inherently lazy and like comfort.

Some works like Demon Slayer, got upgraded because they got really good adaptations. But the same can be said otherwise. Other works have had shit adaptations and the end result becomes a total waste. So visuals is not the entire picture.

We can't judge what's more entertaining because people get entertained on shitty things. Like Black Clover, it's so shitty and generic. But people love it. Then there was the adaptation of Yakuza House Husband. It was literally the panels side by side from the manga, but it gained a lot of popularity. Why? Because people are lazy.

Does that mean that anime is a better medium than novels? No. It's just has easier entry to it.

I've consumed a lot of shit in the last 10 years, From Anime to Manga to Visual novels to Light novels. Every medium has their good points. Anime has it's nice visuals and soundtracks. Manga can be read almost anywhere and you can go at your own pace, it also has some incredible panels and drawings that blow your mind, like kentaro miura's. Light novels are a niche from a niche, they have all the details. So if you enjoy knowing a history fully and getting the whole picture they're a really nice way to do so, also they make you "feel part" of the story somewhat.
This is the point I was trying to make with Blkpillpress. We will become more generic simpletons that lack creativity if we are covered in too much comfort. Lacking something leads to you being creative since your forced to be to create an alternative for that very thing that you lack.

We will lose creativity and masculinity. Every would not want to use their minds. Life being way too easy is not necessarily a good thing imo. We will become no better than those people that can't imagine an apple, because we would barely need to use creativity since we'll have machines and tech to things for us.

There's no such thing as "lazy", it's a made up human concept. Animals are always trying to minimize their input and maximize their output. That's very logical. Humans are just animals that excel at that more than any other animal.

What's lazy is you conveniently using a computer to communicate with other incels, are you going to stop using the internet now?

It makes no sense to think about things in terms of "lazy" or not.

You know I actually made a thread about this before:

Does that mean that anime is a better medium than novels?
Yes, because it's more stimulating to your brain.

In the same way that icecream is a better dessert than ice with some syrup poured over it.

In the same way that motor vehicles are a better form of transportation than horseback riding.

To argue otherwise is to lie to yourself.

As humans advance, things of the past become obsolete, and aren't as great in comparison to what we have now.

DO YOU EVEN SEE THE IRONY OF WHAT YOU'RE SAYING WHILE USING A COMPUTER AND THE INTERNET? :feelskek:

Every medium has their good points.
If something is an "acquired taste" that means it's inferior to the other thing that everyone just likes without trying. That's a fact.

Some vegetables are an acquired taste, I've never heard of a human that doesn't like ice cream.

If were talking about nutrition the vegetables are superior, but I'm talking about TASTE (the stimulating sensation).

Last edited:
There's no such thing as "lazy", it's a made up human concept. Animals are always trying to minimize their input and maximize their output. That's very logical. Humans are just animals that excel at that more than any other animal.

What's lazy is you conveniently using a computer to communicate with other incels, are you going to stop using the internet now?

It makes no sense to think about things in terms of "lazy" or not.
There's no substitute to internet, so we can't compare it to anything. You always complain about people here not putting the effort, well thing about that. i dont really care about nuance.

The mediums don't present the thing exactly, thus they're not the same thing. There are tons of debates where a said manga was better than the anime and what not. If your view stands true why is it so?

Yes, because it's more stimulating to your brain.
You have been saying this nonstop. What metric do you have to determine this? Just popularity? This is your personal bias speaking.

In the same way that icecream is a better dessert than ice with some syrup poured over it.

In the same way that motor vehicles are a better form of transportation than horseback riding.

To argue otherwise is to lie to yourself.

As humans advance, things of the past become obsolete, and aren't as great in comparison to what we have now.

DO YOU EVEN SEE THE IRONY OF WHAT YOU'RE SAYING WHILE USING A COMPUTER AND THE INTERNET? :feelskek:

Your comparison is flawed from the start, it has literally 0 correlation. You are comparing utilities to entertainment. You can upgrade a PC so that it may be more usefull. There's no "upgrading" entertaiment. Because people consume them all nontheless.
People still go to comedic shows, even if we already have youtube, movies. People still read books, even if we have anime.

There's no "better" entertainment. There's just entertaiment, and no entertaiment. If someone dosn't try a medium of "entertaiment" then he or she cannot claim that said entertaiment is good or bad. Because they did not try to be "entertained".

If something is an "acquired taste" that means it's inferior to the other thing that everyone just likes without trying. That's a fact.
Uh, No? If that were the case i would not have once played computer games. Because first i was going outside and playing with people, then tried the PS2 for a while and then the pc. I didn't like any of those at the start, and became to like them more and more as time went on.

Some vegetables are an acquired taste, I've never heard of a human that doesn't like ice cream.

If were talking about nutrition the vegetables are superior, but I'm talking about TASTE (the stimulating sensation).
Vegeratians all over the world are dead now? And there is people that do not enjoy eating vegetables? That's a bold claim to make.

I'm really entertained with your post about how because you don't enjoy reading LN(don't even know if you tried even) they are shitty entertaiment. Like dude, alright you don't like them so be it. Why have this nonsensical debate? :feelskek:

This is the point I was trying to make with Blkpillpress. We will become more generic simpletons that lack creativity if we are covered in too much comfort. Lacking something leads to you being creative since your forced to be to create an alternative for that very thing that you lack.

We will lose creativity and masculinity. Every would not want to use their minds. Life being way too easy is not necessarily a good thing imo. We will become no better than those people that can't imagine an apple, because we would barely need to use creativity since we'll have machines and tech to things for us.
Yes, we don't like to think for ourselves anymore. Nowadays is consumism and consumism. It's better if another makes choices for me and tells me what to do, i don't like to do those and i want to enjoy my easy life.

There's pros to that choice and cons. One cons is that it kills your drive and creativity. I've watched too many shit for too long of a time and it killed my critical thinking and other aspects of myself. Nowadays i need to try really hard to become "functional" again,

There's no substitute to internet, so we can't compare it to anything.
Wrong, there are inferior substitutes. It's called the post office lol. Yes, it lacks a lot of "features", that's the point.

What you're saying is like saying walking and driving can't be compared. Yes they can, and walking is clearly an inferior mode of transportation.

You have been saying this nonstop. What metric do you have to determine this? Just popularity? This is your personal bias speaking.
These things have already been measured in labs. It's not rocket science. When you see vibrant colours it causes certain parts of your brain to "light up". When you see moving vibrant colours your brain will obviously "light up" even more because it's engaging even more of your brains capabilities. Add in sound and even more of your brain is engaged.

This is why a movie will always be a more stimulating and enjoyable experience than reading the book for that movie. Whatever your brain can simulate in your imagination will not come close to what can be simulated in modern day cinema.

Movies literally just take the workload that would be on your brain when you read and does all of the simulations for you. So now your brain can just relax and take it all in, no effort required. It's effortless entertainment and that makes you enjoy it more.

Your comparison is flawed from the start, it has literally 0 correlation. You are comparing utilities to entertainment. You can upgrade a PC so that it may be more usefull. There's no "upgrading" entertaiment. Because people consume them all nontheless.
People still go to comedic shows, even if we already have youtube, movies. People still read books, even if we have anime.

There's no "better" entertainment. There's just entertaiment, and no entertaiment. If someone dosn't try a medium of "entertaiment" then he or she cannot claim that said entertaiment is good or bad. Because they did not try to be "entertained".
By your logic why aren't we making "black and white" movies anymore?

Why aren't we using inferior graphics in games anymore?

Why is graphics becoming more and more "photo-realistic", why didn't we stick to PS2 God of War tier graphics? lol

You can believe whatever you want, but there's clearly superior forms of entertainment that stimulate your brain more and are more visually appealing.

Just like there are foods that stimulate your palate more and are more appealing in the sense of taste.

There's no "upgrading" entertaiment. Because people consume them all nontheless.
It's like you're saying "food is food, there's no upgrade". That's stupid and obviously false.

If I could eat Lasagna in place of mac and cheese I'd never eat mac and cheese again in life, and I'd only eat Lasagna as it's substitute.

If I could eat pizza in place of bread and cheese slice sandwich I'd never eat bread and cheese again in life, and I'd only eat pizza as it's substitute.

If i could eat a subway style sandwich with all the sauces and veggies I want in place of some dry simple lettuce + tomato + cheese + meat sandwich, I'd never eat the simple sandwich again in life, and I'd only eat the subway style sandwich as it's substitute.

Etc, etc, etc.

People don't just "eat everything nonetheless". Some things without a doubt taste better than others, some things are just superior alternatives, and if we all had the choice to permanently swap out certain foods for the superior alternative, we'd never go back to eating the inferior one.

When people become wealthy they even stop eating at certain places and only eat at certain high tier restaurants, and only cook specific meals. You won't see a millionaire eating a bread and butter sandwich :feelskek:. Like come on dude lol, I can't even eat that shit anymore and I'm broke, I've eaten too much good shit to even be able to tolerate the shit I ate when I was like 10 and super broke.

You've probably sent a mail through the post office atleast once in your life. Would you even bother doing that now since you have access to text messaging, email, mobile phone calls, etc?

How ironic would it be if you never even sent a post mail before, that would actually add to my point I mention below about children not reading books and each generation reading less. Since you've always had access to email you won't even bother using an inferior method of messaging like post mail, because it's just inferior.

People still read books
BUT LESS AND LESS PEOPLE READ BOOKS AT EACH GENERATION

NOW ASK YOURSELF, WHY IS THAT?

Why would older people be complaining about how reading books isn't common anymore if that wasn't happening?

People still read books because they "started off" with those inferior forms of entertainment and are "used to it".

Whereas young children today will start off playing video games with photo-realistic graphics, watching HD movies, etc.

This is why when you throw a book at the average 13 year old today they won't even bother unless forced, because in comparison to what they've already been exposed to in their youth, BOOKS CAN'T COMPETE.

Vegeratians all over the world are dead now? And there is people that do not enjoy eating vegetables? That's a bold claim to make.
I said SOME vegetables are an acquired taste, can you not read?

But ice cream is definitely more appealing to everyones taste buds in comparison to any vegetable. That's not even debatable. Your body is designed to give you a more favorable response to those amounts of sugar (the sensation of "sweetness").

I'm really entertained with your post about how because you don't enjoy reading LN(don't even know if you tried even) they are shitty entertaiment.
It's not specific to light novels, it's novels period, heck it's reading period. Reading is one of the most boring things in existence. It's literally you moving your eyes across something, line by line, then interpreting, then trying to understand, etc. Your brain is so busy decoding that there's very little room to be "entertained".

Either way the original purpose of writing and books wasn't for entertainment anyways, it was for storing and sharing information. It was never really supposed to be a medium for entertainment, so no wonder it isn't effective in that regard, it's not supposed to be.

One episode of an action anime probably produces more stimulation to the sensors in your brain than reading 10 novels, the mediums just aren't comparable lol.

Like dude, alright you don't like them so be it. Why have this nonsensical debate? :feelskek:
Why not? :feelskek:

Last edited:
Yes, we don't like to think for ourselves anymore. Nowadays is consumism and consumism. It's better if another makes choices for me and tells me what to do, i don't like to do those and i want to enjoy my easy life.

There's pros to that choice and cons. One cons is that it kills your drive and creativity. I've watched too many shit for too long of a time and it killed my critical thinking and other aspects of myself. Nowadays i need to try really hard to become "functional" again,
He's right on books being extremely boring. I usually just use books and reading to learn a new skill that will help in the future. I'm currently reading one on e-whoring and it takes alot of strength and willpower to focus and read a whole chapter.

I would rather watch a film. Yes he's right about everything pretty much. Except one thing.

Lasagna is not better than Mac & Cheese.
Lasagna in my opinion is overrated. Mac and cheese is the superior choice. But to his, his own.

Lasagna was served in my school menu alot of the time and it didn't taste as good. Even my mum used to get Tesco Lasagna (Tesco is basically a UK Walmart) and it never tasted good either. Although I do recall eating a lasagna that tasted really good that was freshly cooked in a hotel. Maybe it's the type of lasagna you eat.

But Mac and cheese universally taste delicious. Even if it's from a gas station.

Lasagna is not better than Mac & Cheese.
Lasagna in my opinion is overrated. Mac and cheese is the superior choice. But to his, his own.
You've either only eaten shitty lasagna, or you've eaten the best mac and cheese in the world lol.

Lasagna is literally mac and cheese 2.0. It's mac and cheese plus beef. I don't see how it isn't always better than mac and cheese.
Lasagna was served in my school menu alot of the time and it didn't taste as good.
Looks like I was right lol, crappy lasagna. Come on dude, you can't judge it based on school lunches. I was thinking about the homemade lasagna my mom makes when I said what I said.
Maybe it's the type of lasagna you eat.
That's definitely it.
But Mac and cheese universally taste delicious. Even if it's from a gas station.
It universally tastes "OK", I think "delicious" is over doing it. The only reason this happens though is because the ingredients are so simple so it's hard to fuck it up. You just boil macaroni and just mix some cheese in, it's hard for even the worst cooks to mess that up.

He's right on books being extremely boring. I usually just use books and reading to learn a new skill that will help in the future. I'm currently reading one on e-whoring and it takes alot of strength and willpower to focus and read a whole chapter.
On that note I have another "controversial" take that @lemon21 will probably disagree with.

Books are even inferior when it comes to "learning". A video course on any topic will allow you to absorb and retain the information faster than in any book, and you'll also be remotely entertained during the process.

Whatever it is you are trying to learn, google to find the top courses for it, and then see if you can find a download or torrent for that course (or the next best alternative). You'll speed up your learning process and more importantly how efficiently you retain what you've learned.

It makes a huge difference to see something done in real time and have it explained in detail, than reading words on a page and trying to comprehend what's being described as this "abstract" thing that you can't see or truly understand.

There's a huge difference in understanding between reading a book that describes how to build a cabinet out of wood, and watching a video course where a guy builds a cabinet step by step and explains the process.

I'm not as verbose as you are, as i clearly lack english. But i wanna say i don't disagree completely with you, i'm just irked at the way you put it lmao. Like i get it, books are boring. But i've been hyped waay more because of certain novels than other forms of entertainment. And i'm not the only one who feels this way.

Getting a book and then reading it, it's a hurdle. I know. But after a while you get to like them. Its like studying really. If you need to study Algebra or whatever it will be a pain in the ass to pick a book and start doing exercises. But after a while you end up enjoying it. That's why i think it's just because we're lazy. Like how can you don't like the act of studying but then after you put yourself to the task and start making your brain work is more enjoyable?

I feel like animation dosn't make your brain work, as you need to process a lot of things while you're watching the movie or show. So you don't really have any "thoughts" per se, only after the chapter you can maybe do a mental review of what you just watched, but usually you just go towards the next episode yada yada.

By your logic why aren't we making "black and white" movies anymore?
This is good. I don't really have anything to say to this, black and white movies are inferior to colorfull movies.
Why aren't we using inferior graphics in games anymore?

Why is graphics becoming more and more "photo-realistic", why didn't we stick to PS2 God of War tier graphics? lol

You can believe whatever you want, but there's clearly superior forms of entertainment that stimulate your brain more and are more visually appealing.
The most played games and "best games" don't really have the best graphics to be honest. Like what i'm trying to say with all of this is, sure graphics advance. How can we denote better Technology and advancement if there was no improvement? But hardly AAA games are the thing nowadays. The market is indie-oriented, and they usually have shitty graphics and are 2d games.

There are retro gamers and there's people who enjoy indie games. Quite a lot in fact. You have popular games like Elden Ring who has God tier environments and graphics. But thats a plus over the fact that it's a souls game with an open world. So sure, graphics are important. But they are a "plus" to the actual thing. They can be there or not. If it's good it will make the original work shine more. Like Anime does to Light novels and then they end up selling a lot. For example Re zero's. Or Index Or Overlord.

Just like there are foods that stimulate your palate more and are more appealing in the sense of taste.

It's like you're saying "food is food, there's no upgrade". That's stupid and obviously false.

If I could eat Lasagna in place of mac and cheese I'd never eat mac and cheese again in life, and I'd only eat Lasagna as it's substitute.

If I could eat pizza in place of bread and cheese slice sandwich I'd never eat bread and cheese again in life, and I'd only eat pizza as it's substitute.

If i could eat a subway style sandwich with all the sauces and veggies I want in place of some dry simple lettuce + tomato + cheese + meat sandwich, I'd never eat the simple sandwich again in life, and I'd only eat the subway style sandwich as it's substitute.

Etc, etc, etc.

People don't just "eat everything nonetheless". Some things without a doubt taste better than others, some things are just superior alternatives, and if we all had the choice to permanently swap out certain foods for the superior alternative, we'd never go back to eating the inferior one.
If you think of entertainment as the best foods availeable of that kind, then there really isn't an upgrade.
When people become wealthy they even stop eating at certain places and only eat at certain high tier restaurants, and only cook specific meals. You won't see a millionaire eating a bread and butter sandwich :feelskek:. Like come on dude lol, I can't even eat that shit anymore and I'm broke, I've eaten too much good shit to even be able to tolerate the shit I ate when I was like 10 and super broke.
No. but a Big mac is plenty tasty and you don't need to be rich to be enjoying it. I doubt rich people's food taste good. Like they go to restaurants and the like because they like the status and making everything a grand event. Like if we're just talking about food's taste you can go to any family restaurant and the quality will be better than any famous chef.

How ironic would it be if you never even sent a post mail before, that would actually add to my point I mention below about children not reading books and each generation reading less. Since you've always had access to email you won't even bother using an inferior method of messaging like post mail, because it's just inferior.
I don't remember doing so, maybe my mother did. But it's not like i'm saying things don't upgrade and the inferior thing gets left behind. I'm saying in this particular case it dosn't apply.
BUT LESS AND LESS PEOPLE READ BOOKS AT EACH GENERATION

NOW ASK YOURSELF, WHY IS THAT?
Because it's a pain in the ass. I'm not saying it isnt.
Why would older people be complaining about how reading books isn't common anymore if that wasn't happening?

People still read books because they "started off" with those inferior forms of entertainment and are "used to it".

Whereas young children today will start off playing video games with photo-realistic graphics, watching HD movies, etc.

This is why when you throw a book at the average 13 year old today they won't even bother unless forced, because in comparison to what they've already been exposed to in their youth, BOOKS CAN'T COMPETE.
If we're being honest try making a 13 yo watch a informative video or something productive and he won't be doing it either. It's just lazyness.

It's not specific to light novels, it's novels period, heck it's reading period. Reading is one of the most boring things in existence. It's literally you moving your eyes across something, line by line, then interpreting, then trying to understand, etc. Your brain is so busy decoding that there's very little room to be "entertained".

Either way the original purpose of writing and books wasn't for entertainment anyways, it was for storing and sharing information. It was never really supposed to be a medium for entertainment, so no wonder it isn't effective in that regard, it's not supposed to be.

One episode of an action anime probably produces more stimulation to the sensors in your brain than reading 10 novels, the mediums just aren't comparable lol.
I would love to get to a concensus but we don't really have any metric to prove the other person right/wrong, this is just an argument for the sake of it.

If we're using population as a metric then you would be right as a lot of people watch movies and few people read books. But i'm 100% sure that a lot of people didn't even try reading books, so we will get here no matter what kind of arguments we make. Tho it's pretty fun tbh.
Also i'm not saying go read Calculus 1 or a chemistry book. Go read epic fantasy.

You made me remember that about 3 months ago there was this chadlite on uni who was reading an epic fantasy By Brandon Sanderson(Think something along the lines of Game of Thrones.) and i was baffled to say the least.

On that note I have another "controversial" take that @lemon21 will probably disagree with.

Books are even inferior when it comes to "learning". A video course on any topic will allow you to absorb and retain the information faster than in any book, and you'll also be remotely entertained during the process.

Whatever it is you are trying to learn, google to find the top courses for it, and then see if you can find a download or torrent for that course (or the next best alternative). You'll speed up your learning process and more importantly how efficiently you retain what you've learned.

It makes a huge difference to see something done in real time and have it explained in detail, than reading words on a page and trying to comprehend what's being described as this "abstract" thing that you can't see or truly understand.

There's a huge difference in understanding between reading a book that describes how to build a cabinet out of wood, and watching a video course where a guy builds a cabinet step by step and explains the process.
Yes because if i didn' then what the hell i would be discussing with you if not :feelskek:.

Tho here begs the question. I believe documentation count's as a "book" right? Like coding ones. for example:

This CSS library used by twitter.

Problem with videos is. You will feel like you've "learned" the thing you watched, but more often than not you learned jack. I'm basing myself in my journey to learn coding. I didn't learn an iota from YT courses. Sure i knew what to type in the code editor or how to tweak it. But at the end of the day i dind't know how to make a webpage. You change the formula somewhat and you're stuck. You don't know what to do.

Meanwhile if you read the docs, you can understand everything perfectly. That's what they're made for anyways.

This is what it boils down to in my opinion. Videos/Movies/Animation are really great. So great that sometimes they make their original work shine more, but they are there just so that you ease into that original work.

You won't be a mathematician if you don't read books and practice formulae and problems. You won't be a coder if you just watch tutorials and never read documentation. And you won't be able to build a cabin if you're watching others do it for you. Those serve just as introductory and to give you a picture of what you may be able to accomplish if you actually put the work in it.

With a book, you'll get enough knowledge to understand what you're doing, replicate it and apply it to other things. With a video you'll just know how to do something, maybe you "might" get some knowledge but forget about replicating it or using it for other purpouses. There's also the fact that you'll forget it a week after

It's called masking and you have aspergers