Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Discussion How fast do you type? [Winter 2019 Edition] [Newcels GTFIH]

• Thread starter speedtypingincel
  • Start date

How much?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

@soulartemis @speedtypingincel

It's your turn now, but this time record it and then post it as installing OBS doesn't take longer than 3 minutes. No recording = no proof.

Currently, I am the fastest typing Incel but I think that you're gonna beat me. You're Asian. That alone makes you 10x better than me.

Last edited:

It's your turn now, but this time record it and then post it as installing OBS doesn't take longer than 3 minutes. No recording = no proof.

Currently, I am the fastest typing Incel but I think that you're gonna beat me. You're Asian. That alone makes you 10x better than me.

Good Accuracy but you're lacking finger speed. You have to type more. You're typing with 10 fingers, right?
I have to do focused training, which is bothersome. I do type with 9 fingers yes. I also have the perk of being left-handed (although my left lacks in dexterity).

I am Asian so I am better than you? Lmfao thanks

result:
I MOG THIS ENTIRE THREAD AND FORUM AT 160 WPM!
@Allblueeeee @speedtypingincel

Last edited:
100 to 130 depends on the text

First attempt.

Do you >100WPMcels use some sort of a formal speed-typing system?

Elaborate on your question.
What I mean is if you learned fast typing like you'd learn playing the piano by using some correct technique as opposed to just typing however you happen to type instinctively.

What I mean is if you learned fast typing like you'd learn playing the piano by using some correct technique as opposed to just typing however you happen to type instinctively.
Very, very few people learn to type with some kind of fixed way that determines which finger is supposed to press which key. You think when people pick up the keyboard at age 10 they care about typing in a fixed way? No.
Personally I started hunting and pecking (2 fingers and one thumb for spacebar) and then added the middle and ring fingers and then I added the pinkies. I also don't use my right thumb for anything.

Bump, newcels vote, I need statistics.

Wow really??? Proof?
How can I prove it to you? lol, add me on fb and we can do a speed typing commpetition lol. This is waht years of brooding and angst has brought me.
There are minigames I KNOW we can compete on. If you care to find out pm me

Bump, need statistics. NEWCELS VOTE!

I can type faster when I dont have to read what I'm writing. Not that accurate of a test tbh

I can type faster when I dont have to read what I'm writing. Not that accurate of a test tbh
It's the one website which uses the two hundred most frequent words used in everyday life, and randomizes them so people won't retry and retry in order to hack their way into an insane high score (300wpm) like they do on typeracer.com . It also has one minute tests which they have a timer that shows that typing is not typed fast-forward (so if someone types at 100 wpm he won't fast-forward it and make it seem like he types at 150 wpm).

It's accurate.

@Allblueeeee Do you have any typing tips? I feel like my typing speed varies from day to day, sometimes typing barely 100 wpm and others I can hit 115, probably due to varying reading speed. How did you do it?

The easy typing test I have ever done. If you're below 100 it's beyond over. Not even human.

103 WPM(words per minute)
Keystrokes(516 | 21) 537
Accuracy95.91%
Correct words95
Wrong words4
Is that good or bad?

is it true that mechanical keyboards are so much better than the ones most people use? With good keycaps etc

is it true that mechanical keyboards are so much better than the ones most people use? With good keycaps etc
Depends. For context, I have Corsair K70 Lux with Cherry Mx Red switches.
Mechanicals generally are high-profile which makes the fingers travel longer and therefore making them more accurate.
Some people hate them exactly because of their high profile which makes them slow down.
At the end of the day, a good typist will have no problem at typing on ANY keyboard as long as that keyboard's keys can register well.

Could be worse, I guess. I type all day at work, but that's mostly code.

Attachments

• 1_97_486_486_0_94_0_7.png
    1_97_486_486_0_94_0_7.png
    5.2 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

shape1
shape2
shape3
shape4
shape5
shape6