Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Experiment High IQ question

Transcended Trucel

Transcended Trucel

Peace & Dharma ; Vishwaguru India!
★★★★★
You have 2 ropes, each one can burn for 60 minutes each. Both ropes have uneven densities throughout the rope(thicker at some parts and thinner at others).

How can you burn the ropes in a way to measure 15 minutes?

You can burn both ropes past 15 minutes as needed to measure 15 minutes at some point accurately.

You cannot just split a rope in 4 pieces and burn 1/4th since rope density is uneven throughout.

I will post spoiled answer if you ask for it or in 24 hrs. U could probably find it online though too.

Cut the ropes up in pieces and put them in a pile but save a few to keep feeding the fire so it will last around 15 minutes

Cut the ropes up in pieces and put them in a pile but save a few to keep feeding the fire so it will last around 15 minutes
not the solution given by original. But might work in practicality.

Eat the rope n jump into a fire. Humans burn for about 15min right? (I actually have no idea. Just saying that so it matches the answer :feelshaha:)

Eat the rope n jump into a fire. Humans burn for about 15min right? (I actually have no idea. Just saying that so it matches the answer :feelshaha:)
Not it. Humans burning for 15 min I don't think so for most fires. From Gore vids probably no more than 5 minutes. Ofc probably varies on the fire(electric,gas, severity).

okay i dont even know if this makes sense but I think (?) it could work

1) burn 1st rope from both ends (gives you 30 min - this logic makes sense right?). at the same time burn the 2nd rope (from one end).
2) right when the 1st rope completely burns, stop the 2nd rope from burning and cut the remaining piece (unburnt) off.
3) the unburnt represents 30 minutes of rope. burn both ends of the unburnt rope and that gives you 15 min (30/2 = 15).

thought about this for way too long lmao

okay i dont even know if this makes sense but I think (?) it could work

1) burn 1st rope from both ends (gives you 30 min - this logic makes sense right?). at the same time burn the 2nd rope (from one end).
2) right when the 1st rope completely burns, stop the 2nd rope from burning and cut the remaining piece (unburnt) off.
3) the unburnt represents 30 minutes of rope. burn both ends of the unburnt rope and that gives you 15 min (30/2 = 15).

thought about this for way too long lmao
You got it :yes:. High IQ confirmed