Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Venting Fuck "pursuit of happiness"

TheNEET

TheNEET

mentally crippled by sleepoverless teen years
★★★★★
This exact phrase is from the US constitution and it's probably the best known formulation, but I'm sure you can find an equivalent in your local constitution or human rights document or whatever (even if you live in a country like North Korea, because everyone wants to larp as nice and good, even NK is "a democratic people's republic"). Whenever you mention the society prevents you from being happy, you get told "tee hee, you're not entitled" and "you have a right to pursue happiness, not a right to happiness, tee hee". But what the fuck this right even means?

It boils down to. "tee hee, you should be grateful that I won't shoot you for trying to be happy, incel". Gee, thanks. Is this really a standard for a civilization in the XXI century? :feelsUgh: The fucking Hammurabi Code contained this principle to some extend. In general, governments will probably fuck off from you as long as you pay your taxes and don't cross the law too much. What's the alternative for "the right to pursuit happiness"? Some totalitarian state where you get shot for trying to cope this or that way? Ironically, some ways of coping (like drugs) are already illegal, so I have no idea what it means even more.

Some will point "but bro, Hammurabi Code allowed slavery" but "pursuit of happiness" was also proclaimed back when slavery was legal in the US. :feelsseriously: Everyone is equal except the vast majority of people who aren't even fully human.

What this ideal of freedom and right to pursuit happiness even means in practice? Back when I was in elementary school (!) I actually read the Polish constitution (Poland was the second country in the world after the US to have a constitution, it was written and proclaimed during the Commonwealth (XVII/XVIII) period which is considered a golden era when Poland wasn't a sore thumb between Germany and Russia, but rather a pioneer of modern tolerance and diversity; of course, this image is more or less exaggerated and modernity and science ultimately led to even worse forms of discrimination that primitive tribal/religious hatred, but yeah) cover to cover and, of course, you have many heart-touching parts speaking about complete freedom and lack of discrimination, but what struck me (and eventually led me to realize feudalism and neoliberalism, or however you call the thing we have nowadays, only really differ in aesthetics and technology) was that these utopian paragraphs always ended with: "unless a piece of legislation says otherwise". And that's pretty much it.

These abstract "rights" don't mean a thing in practice, they don't even really protect you from your government. It's all about who interprets the law and lawyers will pull all kinds of pilpul (hair splitting, convoluted argumentation) to turn things upside-down. These utopian acts are nothing more than marketing scams who aren't technically scams because they used some word play and text in small print to manipulate you. :feelsdevil: Law is purposefully made difficult and inaccessible to undereducated (i. e. poor) and poor (who can't afford an advocate to translate everything for them) people to exploit them. Niggas are often exploited by their employers because they don't even know anything about worker rights, but then, even if they know, it doesn't matter shit because good luck getting fired from Amazon and having a legal battle with them for 5 years when you likely (if you have to work in Amazon of all places) can barely afford to avoid homelessness. :cryfeels: But I guess that's a bigger point.

You're free, can't be forced to anything and you have a right to pursuit happiness, EXCEPT (now I'm talking about Poland but it's more or less the same everywhere; maybe the US is better in some regards) you have to take vaccines, recently wear your mask, go through an education system (whose content is regulated by the state), you have to go thru an obligatory humiliating health check for military in case of a war (we thankfully don't have conscription, but you get rated for usefulness in case of a war "just in case", tee hee :feelsseriously:) but only if you're male (waow! gender equality!), you have to pay your taxes, have an ID document with a recent photo (you have to get a new ID every 10 years here) etc. etc. You can pursuit happiness, but you can't even smoke weed etc. etc.

And then, even if we achieved total independence from the govt which is more or less impossible, we live in a society. :society: Most of people can't be happy when everyone around them hates them. Stupid normans will say "tee hee, no one's putting you into gas chambers, so you can't complain", but they won't apply the same logic to any kind of protected minority. Plenty of times in history Jews weren't physically oppressed in that no one actually killed them or something, they were just basically boycotted (alienated) from the non-Jewish society. The Church told goyim not to talk with Jews, not to do any business with them etc. etc. Of course, it's horrible and alienating when it happens to Jews, but when it happens to ugly males? "Tee hee, you're not entitled, sweaty, just love yourself and stop caring about others, tee hee". Yeah, just stop complaining that you were bullied, graded worse because you spoke up less in class (because of anxiety caused by normies nit-picking your answers because they hate you), in effect you got worse education and lost physical health because of years of constant stress (which ruined your chances of getting restful sleep ever, because you get PTSD flashbacks in your dreams), then you can't get a job because of your shitty education, looks (most Polish companies will automatically move your resume to trash if you don't put a photo; gee, I wonder why they need a photo (I'm not talking about modeling or acting jobs, just office jobs), surely they don't discriminate based on it :feelswhat:) and utter lack of social skills (which were naturally shitty but now they're even worse because you haven't had a social interaction outside of getting bullied in school, because "you just weren't entitled to it"), so you struggle to avoid homelessness. But thankfully you still have your right to pursue happiness. :feelsaww: Of course, you have no real way to utilize it, but you have this abstract right which means god-knows-what and it can't be taken away from you (unless the country introduces some kind of an emergency state or a war breaks out). You can always just buy plastic surgeries and pay for years of therapy (Poland has a public healthcare, but they'll do the bare minimum to keep you alive; if you attempt suicide by drug overdose, they'll only detox you, inject you with some tranquilizer, give you a prescription for a random SSRI and you're good to go; go back to work!) to fit in better in the society! Of course, it's complete abstraction when you struggle to afford housing and food, but in theory you could! :feelsautistic: Realistically, your only option to "pursue happiness" is some kinda Stoicism or Buddhism where you try to remove all your desires and "be happy" in your head, completely independently of your physical conditions. Just smile as normies spit on you while you live under a bridge! :feelsaww:

Way too much text bro...

Another banger, the facade of modern society is starting to crumble more and more (or at least, it's crumbling for those worthy of realizing it)

Its an upside down clown world we live in.

most Polish companies will automatically move your resume to trash if you don't put a photo; gee, I wonder why they need a photo (I'm not talking about modeling or acting jobs, just office jobs), surely they don't discriminate based on it :feelswhat:)
That's fucked. How that doesn't quality as discrimination is beyond me.

Just let me roll my rock uphill bro. It makes me happy somehow