Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Discussion For the NEETs here - is it voluntary or could you be a "codependent"?

Is your NEETdom voluntary or might someone else be intentionally causing it?

• Voluntary

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Someone else might be pushing it on me

Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Someone else is definitely pushing it on me

Votes: 2 40.0%

• Total voters
Hoppipolla

Hoppipolla

hop on jj2
★★★★★
"In sociology, codependency is a theory that attempts to explain imbalanced relationships where one person enables another person's self-destructive behavior such as addiction, poor mental health, immaturity, irresponsibility, or under-achievement."

I just learned about this term, lol

As someone with controlling parents, I can't help but wonder... not only if they inadvertently caused me to not become fully independent, but if it was at least to some degree intentional.

The person controlling you can get all kinds of things out of it such as an ego boost for themselves, a feeling of power, looking supportive to those around them, etc.

So yeah, that's about it. I hope that's clear enough anyways! I'll make a poll.

If you're like... close to being a NEET but not quite then you can probably answer too!

Not sure at this point anymore. My parents were really strict and controlling in some ways, careless in others. Prolly just retarded or having an extreme boomer mindset. Also voluntarily is a stretch lol.

Maybe subconsciously? I see how my mom likes to micromanage and coddle my sister. Maybe she planned the same for me, but then shied away in face of actual problems? Idk.

It all makes no sense lol.

I had incredibly controlling parents, auschwitz level, I wasn't allowed to do anything and go anywhere until I turned 17-18, by that time I didn't knew for anything other than being a shut in.

Hm, maybe a more concise way to ask this question to NEETs would be "Do you think your parents want you to succeed?"

My understanding is that parents with narcissistic tendencies and things similar to that often kind of don't.

what if society refuses to give an incel a comfy job even if they are well educated but only gives them the crappiest jobs. So the incel decides to neet.

I guess that would mean others are forcing him to codepedancy?

Users who are viewing this thread

shape1
shape2
shape3
shape4
shape5
shape6
Back