Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Theory Cyberpunk anime: David Martinez is evil and an anti-hero

iblamemyself

iblamemyself

Overlord
★★★★★
Cyberpunk Edgerunners was a phenomenal anime, one of the best I’ve seen and it doesn’t suffer from stupid weeb cliches, so I highly recommend it to anyone, not just anime fans.

This post will obviously contain spoilers.

Most people see the main character David Martinez as a tragic hero. But when you take a closer look, he’s kind of a scumbag and a psychopath. I’ll go into detail on why.

First of all, David was raised by a single mom who tragically died. He was also bullied in school by rich snobs. Both these things are not his fault, but they traumatized him and added to his descend into madness.

He was a heavy coomer and enjoyed hyper realistic underground “braindances” that made him experience extreme violence from the point of view of psychotic killers. It was his choice to act in such a way and it probably did a number to his mental health. He was such a snuff fanboy that he painted the logo of a famous snuff braindance maker on his jacket. What a weirdo! Imagine wearing a bestgore jacket (when the website still existed, I don’t know other gore sites).

The rest of his decisions are also short sighted, even though David is not stupid – he was a perfect grade A student before he was thrown out of school. These factors must drive his decisions: arrogance, excitement and short-term gratification. Typical psychopath mentality.

He has an overpowered, illegal implant put into his untrained body and he can handle it better than expected. This just gave him a big ego and made him arrogant.

Even after he witnessed his crew leader and father figure go insane and destroy himself and kill his gf, David keeps having implants put in his body (in Cyberpunk lore, too many implants can cause psychosis).

He’s also a sex haver like the rest of his crew, and we know that sex havers are more psychopathic. But if I were him, I would have dated Rebecca instead of Lucy, but both are top tier waifus, but that’s off-topic.

I like Rebecca.

Cyberpunk Edgerunners was a phenomenal anime, one of the best I’ve seen and it doesn’t suffer from stupid weeb cliches, so I highly recommend it to anyone, not just anime fans.

This post will obviously contain spoilers.

Most people see the main character David Martinez as a tragic hero. But when you take a closer look, he’s kind of a scumbag and a psychopath. I’ll go into detail on why.

First of all, David was raised by a single mom who tragically died. He was also bullied in school by rich snobs. Both these things are not his fault, but they traumatized him and added to his descend into madness.

He was a heavy coomer and enjoyed hyper realistic underground “braindances” that made him experience extreme violence from the point of view of psychotic killers. It was his choice to act in such a way and it probably did a number to his mental health. He was such a snuff fanboy that he painted the logo of a famous snuff braindance maker on his jacket. What a weirdo! Imagine wearing a bestgore jacket (when the website still existed, I don’t know other gore sites).

The rest of his decisions are also short sighted, even though David is not stupid – he was a perfect grade A student before he was thrown out of school. These factors must drive his decisions: arrogance, excitement and short-term gratification. Typical psychopath mentality.

He has an overpowered, illegal implant put into his untrained body and he can handle it better than expected. This just gave him a big ego and made him arrogant.

Even after he witnessed his crew leader and father figure go insane and destroy himself and kill his gf, David keeps having implants put in his body (in Cyberpunk lore, too many implants can cause psychosis).

He’s also a sex haver like the rest of his crew, and we know that sex havers are more psychopathic. But if I were him, I would have dated Rebecca instead of Lucy, but both are top tier waifus, but that’s off-topic.
He wasn't built for Cyberpunk world. Only the most Cunning Machiavellian sociopaths can thrive there.

Ending hit hard

He is a normie and a sexhaver so ofc he is evil.