Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Anyone try the visual memory test (square shit)?

Fisheriancel

Fisheriancel

Permanent KHHTTV non-NT sub-5
★★★

8x8 board completion w/o much practice seems like the minimum for high IQ in terms of spatial awareness, and only if it’s not a cluster in one corner like a chump. That seems to be around level 20, but I don’t know for sure since I’m stuck at level 18.

and this is autistic, but assigning one syllable words to the shapes helped out. 11 was my first try… but saying stuff like square, snake, bar (backwards r), etc truly aids

Failed twice on the 10. I used to had good photographic memory, it really degraded in the last decade of ldaring.

Honestly, it’s decent warmup (that or number memory) before studygrinding since you’re more likely to remember concepts you might otherwise overlook.

The rotters on here could even stand to gain from the aim trainer feature before playing potential fps trash on their PCs. I suck at that though

No, but I did the sequence memory and got 53

8x8 board completion w/o much practice seems like the minimum for high IQ in terms of spatial awareness, and only if it’s not a cluster in one corner like a chump. That seems to be around level 20, but I don’t know for sure since I’m stuck at level 18.
I went up to level 23.

Last edited:
Shit, what percentile
Sorry, I meant 23.

Nearly off the chart, nice. I’m better at number memory (recently got a 27 max).
That's good. Do you have a link to do a test? I'm interested.

Failed twice on the 10. I used to had good photographic memory, it really degraded in the last decade of ldaring.
Still higher IQ than the average normie

Solid. I got up to 44 on that test… was tired as hell and bricked.
I only stopped because of a mouse slip. I could have done way more. It's interesting because I got to witness how my brain basically stored the beginning of the sequence in a more long term memory after repeating it over and over. I could recall the first 20 squares or so even a day later.

I'm doing it now.
I notice otherwise high IQ incels are hesitant to post their results on the number memory test. I challenged @based_meme and he also dismissed the request. Fair enough.

I notice otherwise high IQ incels are hesitant to post their results on the number memory test. I challenged @based_meme and he also dismissed the request. Fair enough.
I got 13.

I'll try it more. Have you done an IQ test?
Online ones that could be inaccurate, yes. They centered around 113-123. Playing a lot of poker and using mnemonics boosted number memory. Just like I can’t believe how you somehow got a 23 on the visual memory, you might think similarly on how I got 27 on the #. The human brain is pretty malleable.

Online ones that could be inaccurate, yes. They centered around 113-123. Playing a lot of poker and using mnemonics boosted number memory. Just like I can’t believe how you somehow got a 23 on the visual memory, you might think similarly on how I got 27 on the #. The human brain is pretty malleable.
I did one from Mensa when I was 10. Online free ones aren't very reliable, but they're not very bad either.

I'm seeing this test just now. When did you "challenge" me anyway?

I got level 9 and only did this once. For anyone who's curious, the average human memory can hold seven data points in the short-term.

Getting better at this game is trainable, but I suspect it has minimal transference (carryover) to other memory tasks. Try memorizing lines in a script or a string of numbers, mixed with letters and shapes. It will be much harder.

and this is autistic, but assigning one syllable words to the shapes helped out. 11 was my first try… but saying stuff like square, snake, bar (backwards r), etc truly aids
Makes sense because instead of having to memorize every single square, your brain can group some of them together, so let's say instead of having to memorize say 4 squares individually, you encode that information into the position + shape of the cluster. Which will take less space in the brain than having to memorize the position of each of the 4 squares separately.
So when looking at the 8x8 grid your brain can perform clustering and encoding of the information into different shapes and their position. I'm sure you can get better at this type of game by training that, however does it have any carry-over to pure mathematics for example? If you practice one specific brain training game too long your brain starts to specialize too much on the specifics. You can look at a grid of tetris shapes and your brain sees all kinds of large composite shapes that make it easy to remember the pattern. But will the brain be able to do the same thing for other types of visual information?

I think there is a hard limit to how many abstract unrelated things the brain can remember in short-term memory. So instead of trying to increase that, one could focus on the brain's ability to make these things less abstract and group them together in some way. Maybe training this encoding process, but in general with all kinds of abstract 2d and 3d images is the way to effectively increase working memory. Maybe one could use AI to design these images. The key is to have a large variety of shapes and styles.
What this would train is the brain's ability to look at a given image and then on the fly come up with an effective encoding, such that it manages to store as much of the picture's information as possible.

I got level 9 and only did this once. For anyone who's curious, the average human memory can hold seven data points in the short-term.

Getting better at this game is trainable, but I suspect it has minimal transference (carryover) to other memory tasks. Try memorizing lines in a script or a string of numbers, mixed with letters and shapes. It will be much harder.

You have to admit that someone getting to 42 on a test like this is probably going to mog at other memory tasks (at least if numbers are involved), even if they started at half or less. The human mind is malleable, but nearly everyone won’t get to that level even if they did hardcore training.

Funny that a mental feat like that only has hundreds of views, but muh nigs who jump high get six figures+ cuz “cool”. Could be fake, but whatever

You have to admit that someone getting to 42 on a test like this is probably going to mog at other memory tasks (at least if numbers are involved), even if they started at half or less. The human mind is malleable, but nearly everyone won’t get to that level even if they did hardcore training.

Funny that a mental feat like that only has hundreds of views, but muh nigs who jump high get six figures+ cuz “cool”. Could be fake, but whatever

Odds are high that it's fake, but it's not impossible.