Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Serious Anyone else has trouble speaking?

• Thread starter Melancholy_Worm
  • Start date
Melancholy_Worm

Melancholy_Worm

Banned
-
Whether it's trying to write or speak (but especially when speaking), I have trouble forming my thoughts into well expressed sentences which creates a rather awkward environment whenever I speak to someone, especially strangers. Just start to murmur and stumble on my words like some idiot...Anyway else have that?
I don't think this is some cognitive problem as I know many people who one could consider mentally retarded but are a lot more well spoken than I.

Relatable, my handwriting looks like complete garbage and I speak like I have 7 marbles in my mouth

I'm very well spoken. But that's from years of practice. When I was under 16 I could hardly speak properly when put on the spot.

Do u read books?

I'm very well spoken. But that's from years of practice. When I was under 16 I could hardly speak properly when put on the spot.
How did you develop your verbal communication?
Do u read books?
Yes, the issue is that I have a lot of thoughts in my mind that are all floating around and make absolute sense, but whenever I try to put them on paper...They end up sounding a lot more simplistic. However, this is a minor issue, the main one is when speaking with someone, which is when I really get into trouble with my words.

How did you develop your verbal communication?

Yes, the issue is that I have a lot of thoughts in my mind that are all floating around and make absolute sense, but whenever I try to put them on paper...They end up sounding a lot more simplistic. However, this is a minor issue, the main one is when speaking with someone, which is when I really get into trouble with my words.
Practicing in front of a mirror mostly. Talking to myself out loud.

And by practicing irl when I was in school still

I can’t talk in public to save my life. I’m a stuttering mess and my voice goes really high pitched due to nerves.

I am on full autopilot as soon as I start talking. It is a 50/50 whether the sentence that comes out of my mouth makes sense or not. Sometimes I do not even remember what I said at all or wonder why I just said that. But that is probably because of social anxiety and stuff I guess.

me. im just socially retarded all around tbh.

I move my hands around when I speak, people have mocked me for it a few times. My speech can be too fast sometimes and I have a hard time connecting things I have to say, i.e. when I have a thing A and a thing B to say, it's easy to express A and B but segwaying from A to B is something I do awkwardly. Also, a lot of people told me I have a really monotone voice.
my handwriting looks like complete garbage
Same

I mumble and speak really fast when I'm nervous. The thought of speaking to a large crowd is terrifying.

I speak in unintelligible noises apparently.