Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Any severe social anxietycels here?

I have isolated myself for years, haven't talked to anyone except when I'm obligated to. I just don't know how to choose the right words, I feel dumb, I don't know what to do with my hands, I keep looking away when people talk to me and have a hard time showing emotions. How do I break this curse?
in right here and i wish i knew how to break the curse

When I talked to a therapist she mentioned exposure therapy which is just exposing yourself to embarrassing shit until you lose all fear, maybe I just need to get rejected and bullied 100 times to finally lose my fear.
Never listen to fucking therapists. Probably that would just traumatize you. That sort of thing is torture. Normies do not go through this, they became socially acclimatized in a normal way that progressed from their childhood. What I've tried to do is increase my number of low-impact social interactions with people to get used to copying normal human behavior, which should happen naturally to some extent unless you are really fucked up in the head. Try not to think about whether you are being awkward, and again avoid pain as much as possible. If you think someone you are talking to is clowning on you just don't bother talking to them.