Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Blackpill Your siblings don't influence your personality (another brutal Genetic Determinismpill)

• Thread starter Zhou Chang-Xing
  • Start date
Zhou Chang-Xing

Zhou Chang-Xing

Overlord
★★★★★
For a long time people believed that the sex of your siblings influenced how you would develop later in life:

"Past theories have made quite different predictions: siblings of the opposite gender may plausibly result in either gender-stereotypical personalities (a girl may take on a more feminine role to differentiate herself from her brother) or less gender stereotypical personalities (a girl may take on more masculine traits because she imitates her brother).

In fact, psychological research has been exploring these differences for over half a century. In some studies, siblings of the opposite sex seemed to be more gender-conforming. Girls with brothers later become more “typically female” and boys with sisters more “typically male”.

Other studies find the exact opposite, however. Opposite gender siblings developed in typically gender-conforming ways. To resolve these contradictions, we wanted to test the effect of sibling gender on personality in a rigorous and comprehensive way."

I often rail on Tails for his bad takes on data and misrepresenting information and while I'm planning on writing my "Refuting Tails" series in the near future here soon, I must admit that I 100% agree with him on genetic determinism.

So, then they actually investigated these hypotheses:

https://theconversation.com/does-a-...-new-study-answers-an-age-old-question-188532

"In our new study we focused on the relationships between children and their next older or younger sibling. We compiled a unique data set by combining 12 large representative surveys covering nine countries across four continents (US, UK, Netherlands, Germany, Switzerland, Australia, Mexico, China and Indonesia).

This resulted in a data set of more than 85,000 people – many times the sample sizes used in previous studies.

We also investigated many more personality traits than previous studies have. This included the traits that have been most widely studied in other research, and which have been shown to be important predictors of people’s decisions and choices.

The “big five” of these traits are: openness to experiences, conscientiousness, extroversion, agreeableness and neuroticism. The other traits examined were: risk tolerance, trust, patience and “locus of control” (the degree to which people believe they have control over their lives).

We also created an index describing to what extent people have a typically female personality. This allowed us to test comprehensively whether growing up with an opposite gender sibling leads to a more or less gender-stereotypical personality."

So what did they find?

"Our results suggest sibling gender has no effect on personality. For all nine personality traits and the summary index, we find people who have a next younger sister display, on average, the same personality traits as people who have a next younger brother.

We also see no difference in personality between people who have a next older sister and people who have a next older brother. Because we have data on more than 85,000 people, these results are estimated with great precision."

The results are as to be expected, your personality is a combination of your parents' personalities, a Neuroric mother makes a Neuroric son, an Emotionally stable mother makes an Emotionally stable son, I notice that my introverted friends also have introverted parents, friends with psychological issues have blood relatives with these issues.

Likewise, there is no correlation between the weight of an adoptive parent and their adoptive children, but a 70% correlation between a child's future BMI and their biological parents' BMI's regardless of where or by whom they were raised.

In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if they would later be able to isolate the genes of ugly men who become Incels.is posters and those that become Denycels and ITards. Your genes determine everything. :blackpill::blackpill::blackpill:

I often rail on Tails for his bad takes on data and misrepresenting information and while I'm planning on writing my "Refuting Tails" series in the near future here soon,
I'd love to see that. I've been watching him too much lately and I'd like another perspective.

In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if they would later be able to isolate the genes of ugly men who become Incels.is posters and those that become Denycels and ITards. Your genes determine everything. :blackpill::blackpill::blackpill:
I wish they had done that before I was born so that they would have know they should have just aborted me.

Likewise, there is no correlation between the weight of an adoptive parent and their adoptive children, but a 70% correlation between a child's future BMI and their biological parents' BMI's regardless of where or by whom they were raised.
And I wouldn't be surprised if the other 30% is just how much access to food the mother had during pregnancy, since I've heard there's an inverse correlation between the food availability and the fat retention of the child - again, something you had 0 control over once you're born. (Or maybe it's a myth, I can't be bothered to verify it)

Tails is coping so hard about pretty boys,and his ratings is shit

Sisterpill is brutal. She hated me because I was stronger, smarter, more popular(before puberty of course lol).
She wouldn't accept my help with laughably easy for me school stuff. She had this squint face whenever I approached her and seconds later whe her phone rang she would be all happy smiley even though they cant see your face when talking to the phone.