Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Serious "You only have one life" is a fallacious statement. Fear of death is based on the mystery of the aftermath, not the "permanent loss of life"

ResidentHell

ResidentHell

Officer
★★★★
There is a fallacy about life and existence that's common to normie drones and other robots who claim themselves to be incels. I'll call it the "Limited Lifespan Fallacy"

The "Limited Lifespan Fallacy" is the fallacious belief that all conscious organisms have only one life, and once that life ends, they stay "dead" for eternity, never to regain "consciousness" again

There are three major issues with the "Limited Lifespan Fallacy"

Issue 1: A common misconception about conscious experience

The conscious of the human operates by a restricted perspective, which means the conscious of the human is suspectible to uncertainty about the existential conditions of any thing or being that isn't within the range of its restricted perspective. The being of consciousness has no discernible form. This means it is impossible to observe the externalization of consciousness. Basically it is impossible to determine with absolute certainty that consciousness has affected anything in existence other than yourself

Thus you cannot be absolutely certain that you know the conscious state of any being other than yourself. At best, you can be almost certain, and reduce your sense of doubt about the conscious state of another being, by determining whether their body responds to stimuli and whether the body has a pulse. Still, this doesn't determine with 100% certainty that a being (other than yourself) is conscious for reasons already stated

So if someone dies, it doesn't prove that their conscious situation was affected by their death, because:
  1. There was no way for you to determine with absolute certainty whether the person was conscious before they died
  2. Even if the person was conscious before they died, there's no way for you to ascertain beyond all doubt, exactly what happened to their consciousness after death (as the externalized form of consciousness cannot be observed)

It's this simple. The externalization of consciousness, which is consciousness beyond the self, is a mystery. All notions of externalized consciousness are ultimately speculative to some degree. There's no way to be truly sure that there is a conscious being other than yourself. Thus it wouldn't be silly or illogical to suppose there is potential for consciousness to wirelessly transition into a new living body after the old body dies (Anyone who objects this possibility is coping and knowingly lying to themselves)

Issue 2: What is the ultimate proof of life?

What is life? How do you define life? If you say proof of life is determined by the presence of heartbeat, that may be a reasonable criteria. But the driving force of life seems to be contingent on the notion of self-mobility - If it moves by itself, it may be deemed a living thing for that very reason. But nothing moves by itself. There is always a driving force to the mobility of something

Let's hypothesize and say there's a force that causes any affected object to move, but suppose this force is not electromagnetic nor gravitational. How would you determine that an object has life if it were to be moved by a force that's neither electromagnetic nor gravitational? Magic? Paranormal? That's the issue - A proof of life is restricted to scientific criteria. It doesn't account for the absurd or unintelligible possibility, like being "isekai'd off". What it means to be alive is ultimately based on a restricted criteria (i.e. a science-based criteria). Hypothetically there may be a world where some being has motion, and the driving force to motion isn't a physical force. You might dismiss it and be like "It doesn't matter because it's otherworldly and not real because it defies science". But it ultimately means your understanding of what defines life is limited, as your criteria for defining life is restricted, and isn't as inclusive as it hypothetically could b

Issue 3: The primal fear is the fear of the unfamiliar and the unpredictable, not the fear of losing a valued property

The fundamental reason why animals fear death is not because they value life, but because they are uncertain about what will become of their "identity" or "consciousness" after the death of their biological organs. If all animals knew exactly what will happen to their "identity" or "consciousness" after they die, depending on what would happen, there would be no logical reason for animals to fear death. The fundamental fear in animals isn't the fear of losing a valued property --- It is the fear of being exposed to unfamiliar situations, where the events have a perceived unpredictability about them

Last edited:
While I am certain of my afterlife, good analogy.
This deserves a pin... somewhere

You nailed it with the fear of the unknown. Its what keeps a lot of us from roping.

Can I be a chad in my next life? :feelsEhh::feelsEhh::feelsEhh::feelsEhh:

Very high iq post. However I think if we knew that death leads to extermination, then there would be good reason to be scared. But in animals, I think much of their fear is from the pain and negative feelings that come from being in a situation that can cause death.

Honestly I'm genuinely glad I'm not a subhuman curry, beaner, ricecel. That would be a pathetic life to live but I still am an incel, might as well be comfortable in my own skin.

consciousness fears unconsciousness, no shit.

consciousness fears unconsciousness, no shit.
Fear of unconsciousness is based on fear of exposure to unfamiliar situations and unpredictable occurences that may happen while in unconsciousness. Unfamiliar situations and unpredictable occurences don't always have to happen outside of "consciousness", they can also happen within your field of observation

Last edited:
We go unconscious for several hours every day. When we sleep.
If our consciousness disappears when our body is in a temporary dormant state, what reason would there be to think it persists once our body has completely shut down?

We go unconscious for several hours every day. When we sleep.
If our consciousness disappears when our body is in a temporary dormant state, what reason would there be to think it persists once our body has completely shut down?
A reduction in sensitivity to stimuli doesn't automatically translate to loss of consciousness. Apparently animals are capable of experiencing consciousness in the "dream world" - A world that is considered to be somewhat separate from the "real world" or "physical world". Nonetheless, its apparent that consciouness doesn't exactly "disappear when the body shuts down". As it appears to be common occurence for animals to experience consciousness in another world when the animal's body shuts down in the "real world" or "physical world", and this other world is often called the "dream world"

So it doesn't seem as though consciousness really "disappears" when the body enters a "temporary dormant state". As when the body shuts down, the conscious (of the body that shut down) tends to transition to "another world" (i.e. the dream world) and starts to operate thru another kind of "body" or "vessel" that's based within this other world

Last edited: