Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Theory Windows is getting absurdly strict?

Is it going too far?

• Total voters
Hoppipolla

Hoppipolla

hop on jj2
★★★★★
Windows 7 and 8 seemed alright in this regard but what's up with 10 and 11, lol

10 was forcing updates, spying on you, etc.

Now 11 is also forcing you to use very specific CPUs... more modern ones mainly.

What on Earth is going on...

Everything seems to be bossy these days!

I still have windows 7 but the computer doesn't work

have no problems with 10, using it since like 2017, i never had a situation when i wanted to do something but Windows forced me to update.

Well I can't be 100% certain because I grew up on Windows 10 but I think big tech companies in general are too strict and have been pushing the line for over a decade.

Can older processors even do the things Windows 11 does?

if you're not into gaming, semi-professional video editing, semi-professional photo editing, using scanners, basically fi you need basic stuff like browser, torrents, watching movies, doing basic stuff like file transfer between PC and smartphone then you can go for Ubuntu.

Try Linux. It takes a little bit getting used to, and learning some terminal commands, but it's a better desktop experience IMO. Don't willingly submit to mircocuck data collection.

using windows 11 is cucked

Essentially. I mean is Windows 11 too resource-heavy an operating system for older processors?
even something like 4th gen i5 and i7 paired with SSD and 16gb of RAM would run it fine. SSD gives the most performance boost when it comes to UI performance.

Well I can't be 100% certain because I grew up on Windows 10 but I think big tech companies in general are too strict and have been pushing the line for over a decade.
nigga what are you 12? Growing up on windows 10..... Shit man.

even something like 4th gen i5 and i7 paired with SSD and 16gb of RAM would run it fine. SSD gives the most performance boost when it comes to UI performance.
At this point I refuse to use less than 64gb of RAM... Because RAM as well as cheap SSDs are the biggest things slowing me down or annoying me.

nigga what are you 12? Growing up on windows 10..... Shit man.
For most of my life it was Windows 10 I was using though when I was very young I would sometimes play on my parents old ass PC which I believe ran Windows Vista.

For most of my life it was Windows 10 I was using though when I was very young I would sometimes play on my parents old ass PC which I believe ran Windows Vista.
XP and Vista for me, Windows 7 I had to be convinced to upgrade to. Still will argue to this day XP was more user friendly and a better OS than 7.

it is getting worse

Can older processors even do the things Windows 11 does?

The thing is that back in the day you were never forced to upgrade. It just ran slow if you didn't.

I guess the only exception is if you didn't have a CD drive or something but that's a bit different!