Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Serious Why is going to the gym considered a solution for everything exactly?

LesscoBlob

LesscoBlob

Working on my plan for world domination.
★★★★★
Whenever you speak of any problems you might be facing, whether they're mental-health related or finance related or really anything, the norm now is to respond by saying "go to the gym brah". Now I've gone to the gym (regularly). It didn't change a single thing about me except that I lost weight. No "endorphine rush" (not a real thing BTW, that's just pseudoscience nonsense) and people didn't start liking me more or anything.

Even if we suppose that you go to the gym and get extremely muscular, exactly how is that going to help your life in any meaningful way? Your finances are going to be worse (gym membership costs have been skyrocketing because EVERYONE is buying them but rarely does someone actually go there regularly) and you're still not going to get a girlfriend, because your face is the most important part about your attractiveness (and working out CANNOT change that) and you won't be "respected more" (LMFAO:lul::lul::lul:), because nobody besides gay men actually cares about how much you can benchpress (most men obsessed with their masculinity are gay just so you know). You also won't be "better able to defend yourself" because ever since the 1400s we have something called guns.

So like I asked in the beginning, exactly how is "going to the gym" solving ANYTHING wrong with your life? (Even if you're overweight, you can get to a healthy weight without going to the gym, because a proper diet is 90% of the work when it comes to being healthy).

Last edited:
@wereq @DarkStarDown @Grim_Reaper

I feel mogged going there. I always felt worse off after a gym session. The gym is overhyped piece of shit. The only thing that actually feels good is mogging other people (e.g., heightmogging, facemogging, NTmogging) but ever since I became blackpilled I know what people truly value in this soyciety and musclemogging other dudes just ain't it. I feel mogged by some twink who is taller than me than some gym rat.

Whenever you speak of any problems you might be facing, whether they're mental-health related or finance related or really anything, the norm now is to respond by saying "go to the gym brah". Now I've gone to the gym (regularly). It didn't change a single thing about me except that I lost weight. No "endorphine rush" (not a real thing BTW, that's just pseudoscience nonsense) and people didn't start liking me more or anything.

Even if we suppose that you go to the gym and get extremely muscular, exactly how is that going to help your life in any meaningful way? Your finances are going to be worse (gym membership costs have been skyrocketing because EVERYONE is buying them but rarely does someone actually go there regularly) and you're still not going to get a girlfriend, because your face is the most important part about your attractiveness (and working out CANNOT change that) and you won't be "respected more" (LMFAO:lul::lul::lul:), because nobody besides gay men actually cares about how much you can benchpress (most men obsessed with their masculinity are gay just so you know). You also won't be "better able to defend yourself" because ever since the 1400s we have something called guns.

So like I asked in the beginning, exactly how is "going to the gym" solving ANYTHING wrong with your life? (Even if you're overweight, you can get to a healthy weight without going to the gym, because a proper diet is 90% of the work when it comes to being healthy).
i think they are lowkey telling you to go gay when they recommend gym
they kinda hope you go gay
like im not joking, i have suspicion that gym culture is promoted by government for this reason
it spreads gayness

I feel mogged going there. I always felt worse off after a gym session. The gym is overhyped piece of shit. The only thing that actually feels good is mogging other people (e.g., heightmogging, facemogging, NTmogging) but ever since I became blackpilled I know what people truly value in this soyciety and musclemogging other dudes just ain't it. I feel mogged by some twink who is taller than me than some gym rat.
I see so many men at the gym who are Chad tier with objectively ugly women, it's insane.

I see so many men at the gym who are Chad tier with objectively ugly women, it's insane.
Feels like you will never even be considered as an option by foids there. You are a literally a background NPC there at best.

like im not joking, i have suspicion that gym culture is promoted by government for this reason
it spreads gayness
This too. I generally get pretty uncomfortable when I see like a shirtless man. I don't find the male body attractive at all (I find it a little disgusting), but the reason for that is because I'm heterosexual and well I like the female body. I've seen some guys at the gym I used to go to, who had naked bodybuilders (wearing only their underwear) as their phone wallpaper. Kind of the same for Looksmax.org. I'm pretty sure those guys are gay.

This too. I generally get pretty uncomfortable when I see like a shirtless man. I don't find the male body attractive at all (I find it a little disgusting), but the reason for that is because I'm heterosexual and well I like the female body. I've seen some guys at the gym I used to go to, who had naked bodybuilders (wearing only their underwear) as their phone wallpaper. Kind of the same for Looksmax.org. I'm pretty sure those guys are gay.
oh yeah 100%
tons of bodybuilders do g4p (gay for pay) for extra money too
and in ancient greece it was known to be gay meeting place
some gyms even had statues of erotic gods
like it was well known that dudes would go there to fuck young boys or another

Thats why the olympic games and gym culture died out in the ancient world after christianity took over. No more gay shit.
Remember olympic games was no women alowed and dudes would wrestle in the nude, oiled up

one of my guesses is that the elite brought back olympic games and gyms
as a form of reintroducing pagan culture into western christian world
its an attack

like you say, how tf is shaving your body all over, then oiling yourself up and inhaling sweaty man fumes in a stinky gym not ultra fucking gay?
its like the gayest shit i can think off
literally obsession with the male body

and the other thing is that women dont even care about your body like you say
only gay dudes
bro i have heard so many stories from gymcels, how only gay dudes hit on them after they got buff
we even have studies that showed that face is much more important

and then there is the female gaze, male gaze shit
both genders project what they want on the other gender
so guys think women like muscles because thats what men value
but women want a lean slayer with good face, height and dick
they dont want a bulked up dude with potato arms, thats just male cope

thats why women do the fake tan and lean body shit. six packs
thats what they are attracted to - lean body, good insertions (genetic), height, tanned skin

So when we include this, we realize that gym is even more gay than we thought. Women dont even care about muscles. Its all men obsessing over other men and their body.

Foids don't like what they see there too. Don't worry. Foids only care how big you look and how breedable your face is. If there was a place where only chads were allowed to be let in and no average or sub5 men, foids would do anything in their powER to get in.

Incels go to the gym so that they can get creepshots of hot gym sluts there.

Well first off I'll just say that there's a huge benefit in going to gym in that it teaches you discipline. If you say to yourself I'm gonna go to the gym this amount times of the week, and you ACTUALLY go to do the stuff you said you were gonna do. You automatically mog about 90% of normtards and the Jews are worried about you. With that being said at a certain point (if you're not retarded), you should be able to bring that aspect of discipline into other parts of your life.
Working out does indeed have profound effects on mental health. The smartest men since the beginning on mankind have discussed this. I've known some faggots who tried to kill themselves and so far ALL of them (commonly) never set foot in a gym or got any physical exercise. If you're feeling shitty/depressed you should truly ask yourself when was the last time you ate something healthy, how much sleep did you get, and when was the last time you got exercise.
So in other words it prevents you from roping

oh yeah 100%
tons of bodybuilders do g4p (gay for pay) for extra money too
and in ancient greece it was known to be gay meeting place
some gyms even had statues of erotic gods
like it was well known that dudes would go there to fuck young boys or another
Yes, unfortunately pederasty was a thing in Ancient Greece. The pagan religions didn't see anything wrong with it.
Thats why the olympic games and gym culture died out in the ancient world after christianity took over. No more gay shit.
Remember olympic games was no women alowed and dudes would wrestle in the nude, oiled up
Yeah, there was even a story about a woman who disguised herself as a man to enter the olympics. It caused a BIG scandal.
one of my guesses is that the elite brought back olympic games and gyms
as a form of reintroducing pagan culture into western christian world
its an attack
Exactly.
like you say, how tf is shaving your body all over, then oiling yourself up and inhaling sweaty man fumes in a stinky gym not ultra fucking gay?
its like the gayest shit i can think off
literally obsession with the male body
HARD YES. This is literally the gayest thing a man can do.
and the other thing is that women dont even care about your body like you say
only gay dudes
bro i have heard so many stories from gymcels, how only gay dudes hit on them after they got buff
we even have studies that showed that face is much more important
Some friends of mine who go to the gym a lot have said the same thing.
but women want a lean slayer with good face, height and dick
they dont want a bulked up dude with potato arms, thats just male cope
It's a coping mechanism for men to think that women's attraction to them depends on things they can control, which is obviously not true. Realistically the most important part about a man's attractiveness is his penis size, because when you have a small penis (below 12cm length, below 11.5cm girth), you are physically incapable of having sex because she can't even feel it and you can't even feel it. I'll make a thread about it.`

Well first off I'll just say that there's a huge benefit in going to gym in that it teaches you discipline. If you say to yourself I'm gonna go to the gym this amount times of the week, and you ACTUALLY go to do the stuff you said you were gonna do. You automatically mog about 90% of normtards and the Jews are worried about you. With that being said at a certain point (if you're not retarded), you should be able to bring that aspect of discipline into other parts of your life.
Working out does indeed have profound effects on mental health. The smartest men since the beginning on mankind have discussed this. I've known some faggots who tried to kill themselves and so far ALL of them (commonly) never set foot in a gym or got any physical exercise. If you're feeling shitty/depressed you should truly ask yourself when was the last time you ate something healthy, how much sleep did you get, and when was the last time you got exercise.
I am not at all against the concept of working out. Obviously having a healthy diet and ample sleep are very important (they are even more important than exercise). I just can't stand all the gay stuff that comes with it.

I am not at all against the concept of working out. Obviously having a healthy diet and ample sleep are very important (they are even more important than exercise). I just can't stand all the gay stuff that comes with it.
Yeah I agree with you. It can improve your life in some ways, but it's not some magic pill thats gonna transform your life like these normtards make it seem

Yeah I agree with you. It can improve your life in some ways, but it's not some magic pill thats gonna transform your life like these normtards make it seem
:yes: :yes: :yes:

Agreed. Also, it's them not knowing what advice to give, so they just say the easiest thing that could be said so they don't have to think critically. I still tried to kill myself when I had a 5.5 minute mile time. The gym doesn't mean shit.

No. gym isn't solution for everything.

Agreed. Also, it's them not knowing what advice to give, so they just say the easiest thing that could be said so they don't have to think critically. I still tried to kill myself when I had a 5.5 minute mile time. The gym doesn't mean shit.
You really did? That's my tempo pace btw :feelsBox::chad:

No "endorphine rush" (not a real thing BTW, that's just pseudoscience nonsense)
I can anecdotally attest to having a good feeling after a workout, I don't know why, maybe just feeling of accomplishment.
Well first off I'll just say that there's a huge benefit in going to gym in that it teaches you discipline.
I have never felt that way going to the gym, it was more just something I got into the rhythym of to do rather than using discipline or willpower, which takes effort.

I can anecdotally attest to having a good feeling after a workout, I don't know why, maybe just feeling of accomplishment.

I have never felt that way going to the gym, it was more just something I got into the rhythym of to do rather than using discipline or willpower, which takes effort.
When you get to the point of working out so much and so hard after a while you really don't want to do this shit. Even a mf like David Goggins says he sometimes puts his running shoes on and stares at them for 30 mins because he's thinking about not wanting to run. I've been in that boat many many times too

When you get to the point of working out so much and so hard after a while you really don't want to do this shit. Even a mf like David Goggins says he sometimes puts his running shoes on and stares at them for 30 mins because he's thinking about not wanting to run. I've been in that boat many many times too
It's a law of diminishing returns which I think is apart of it, for me the first 6 months at the gym were the best, easiest and fastest.

I understand if some on here dont want to go to the gym, but I would at least say you could try do it for 6 months, squeeze the free easy newbie gains out of it, and then don't bother after that due to the law of diminishing returns.

It isn't, ppl who say that are retarded

I agree with this. Gym is a cope and nothing else. I also used this cope for almost a year. I took it very seriously and invested a lot of money in it. I hired a personal trainer to make sure I was working out correctly and not making mistakes. Let me tell you. It does a zero-fucking thing for you. Yeah, you may lose some weight and maybe get some little gains here and there, but nothing spectacular. I think a lot has to do with my age, too. I started this cope when I was 28, and without testosterone, there is zero chance of looking jacked. Even if you do try and inject steroids, it still does very little compared to the risks. It is all about face and height at the end.

Also, one of the biggest reasons I went to the gym was to collect these "mental benefits." Things like you described—the endorphine rush, better mood, reducing depressive thoughts—yeah, that will also not happen. It did nothing for me. It is hugely exaggerated. It does not give motivation, energy boosts, or any other shit they so often describe. I think what is happening here is that already successful and good-looking people are attributing their success and happiness to the gym because they are not aware that, in fact, it is their looks that make them successful. They desperately searched for something that would validate that they "worked for it to be successful" and were not just born that way.
It's a law of diminishing returns which I think is apart of it, for me the first 6 months at the gym were the best, easiest and fastest.

I understand if some on here dont want to go to the gym, but I would at least say you could try do it for 6 months, squeeze the free easy newbie gains out of it, and then don't bother after that due to the law of diminishing returns.
This is also a good reply. It also depends a lot on your age, genes, etc. The gym is very overhyped.

The gym is basic. Nobody should even have to tell you to do that. It should be as normal and routine as taking the bus/subway or going to school/work. The gym is not something that should be a prescription for anything. It should be the expected thing.

"You're able-bodied and without any physical conditions and not going to the gym? Why, what's wrong with you?" That should be the normal reaction to that.

The gym is basic. Nobody should even have to tell you to do that. It should be as normal and routine as taking the bus/subway or going to school/work. The gym is not something that should be a prescription for anything. It should be the expected thing.

"You're able-bodied and without any physical conditions and not going to the gym? Why, what's wrong with you?" That should be the normal reaction to that.
Thanks I don't want my wallet to get raped.

Then buy the equipment for your home and lift in your garage or basement.
I've unironically thought of doing that. Long term, it will be cheaper and just as good.

I've unironically thought of doing that. Long term, it will be cheaper and just as good.
Invest in a power cage and do all of your bench pressing inside with the pins set to catch the weight, if it's too much.

Invest in a power cage and do all of your bench pressing inside with the pins set to catch the weight, if it's too much.
Looking into it rn.

Also, one of the biggest reasons I went to the gym was to collect these "mental benefits." Things like you described—the endorphine rush, better mood, reducing depressive thoughts—yeah, that will also not happen. It did nothing for me. It is hugely exaggerated. It does not give motivation, energy boosts, or any other shit they so often describe. I think what is happening here is that already successful and good-looking people are attributing their success and happiness to the gym because they are not aware that, in fact, it is their looks that make them successful. They desperately searched for something that would validate that they "worked for it to be successful" and were not just born that way.
Yeah its overrated for that, you feel good for half an hour after it and thats it, it also has to be a succesful good workout for it to feel good too otherwise you do not get it.
hired a personal trainer to make sure I was working out correctly and not making mistakes
Wowzers, I never wanted to do that due to the cost and it seemed pointless to me.
This is also a good reply. It also depends a lot on your age, genes, etc. The gym is very overhyped.
Yeah genes matter.
You should check out these threads I made

I probably could have done a whole in depth massive post about the second thread, but basically I think I have a complete deficiency or a strength gene. So I am physically weak despite gymcelling.

The reason I go is because it’s like a seperate world from real society. Foids don’t succeed as much as men in gym which makes me happy and it is more of a patriarchal place. Also I’m a meat head and all I think about is lifting heavier and heavier. Fuck everything else I’m basically NEET other than gym

it spreads gayness
:feelskek: :feelskek: :feelskek: :feelskek: :feelskek: :feelskek: :feelskek: :feelskek: :feelskek: :feelskek: I love you man (not in the gay gym way :feelskek::feelskek::feelskek::feelskek::feelshaha::feelshaha::feelshaha:)

Wowzers, I never wanted to do that due to the cost and it seemed pointless to me.
It is pointless. I spent 1/3 of my income on the fucking trainer, and it did nothing. I just wanted to give it my best. I spent my time, money, and everything else to make it somehow work. None the less, almost a year passed, and I was left utterly disappointed.
Yeah genes matter.
Yeah, it's this or injecting steroids, but as you said, it's a law of diminishing returns. If the gym improved your face, then it would be 200% worth it to inject steroids, but it is only a body, and the body has nowhere near such an importance to femoids. Granted, you should not be fat, but that is about it.

If I was buff I would beat the shit out of happy people

IMG 2166
How is this gay

It is pointless. I spent 1/3 of my income on the fucking trainer, and it did nothing. I just wanted to give it my best. I spent my time, money, and everything else to make it somehow work. None the less, almost a year passed, and I was left utterly disappointed.
A PT could be a wise investment for a newbies first couple sessions to fill in any knowledge gaps but after that its just money down the sink
Yeah, it's this or injecting steroids, but as you said, it's a law of diminishing returns. If the gym improved your face, then it would be 200% worth it to inject steroids, but it is only a body, and the body has nowhere near such an importance to femoids. Granted, you should not be fat, but that is about it.
If the gym made me grow taller I would be 6'4 but it doesnt so its kind of lost its use to me lately.

It's good for either not being a fat fuck, or not being extremely skinny, I used to be extremely skinny on top of being a manlet. Now I have defined shoulders pecs biceps etc. but I am not massive, I would either need to gym and bulk for the next decade or take roids to get big like how you see people on social media, its not worth it anyway as that does nothing, my physique is good enough to attract a foid except my round gut, but that is a whole other issue that is too long to discuss.

Working out does indeed have profound effects on mental health. The smartest men since the beginning on mankind have discussed this.
This is true.
I've known some faggots who tried to kill themselves and so far ALL of them (commonly) never set foot in a gym or got any physical exercise. If you're feeling shitty/depressed you should truly ask yourself when was the last time you ate something healthy, how much sleep did you get, and when was the last time you got exercise.
This is kind of true. Yes, being healthy makes your brain healthy which makes you feel less shitty. Having a routine also distracts you from misery.

Veteran suicide rates go against what you are saying a bit. Most guys in the military are very disciplined and go to the gym. If your life sucks, the gym won't fix that. The gym can help but if you have nothing to live for, it will not give you anything to live for.

I am a gymcel and there is a good chance I will commit suicide at some point in my life. I will make it a real attempt though, with a gun, it should actually work. One of my father's military friends shot himself in the head but survived and is now in a wheelchair, some attempts are real and still unsuccessful.

Last edited:
I’m in my late 30’s and all I have to show for my gymmaxx efforts is a screwed up shoulder.

This is true.

This is kind of true. Yes, being healthy makes your brain healthy which makes you feel less shitty. Having a routine also distracts you from misery.

Veteran suicide rates go against what you are saying a bit. Most guys in the military are very disciplined and go to the gym. If your life sucks, the gym won't fix that. The gym can help but if you have nothing to live for, it will not give you anything to live for.

I am a gymcel and there is a good chance I will commit suicide at some point in my life. I will make it a real attempt though, with a gun, it should actually work. One of my father's military friends shot himself in the head but survived and is now in a wheelchair, some attempts are real and still unsuccessful.
The reason the people in the military are fucked up and kill themselves is because they've seen people get blown to pieces and kids get their brains blown out

Surprisingly, there are the same idiots in South Korea too. They always tell us to go to the gym if we have any problems.

The guy you jerk off to and have images in your computer/phone of him naked.

Also, just so you know, the dude died at 22 without passing on his genes. He's as much of a genetic loser as every single one of us.
I relate to him. I’ll die soon too I think

The guy you jerk off to and have images in your computer/phone of him naked.

Also, just so you know, the dude died at 22 without passing on his genes. He's as much of a genetic loser as every single one of us.
Don’t make it weird i got them off google

It's just some bullshit people who don't give a fuck about your problems tell you so you shut up and leave them alone, same with therapy. If you were in a religious community they'd tell you to pray to God instead jfl.

it spreads gayness