Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

When did 4chan first start sucking for you?

• Thread starter FrothySolutions
  • Start date
FrothySolutions

FrothySolutions

Post like the FBI is watching.
★★★★★
"You can't 'invade' /b/. You can't 'invade' 4chan. It's like pissing into an ocean of piss." You've probably heard the quote. Here's something from a November 2015 attempt by Tumblr to raid 4chan.

Imagine that. 4chan becoming a place for "feminism LGBTQ+ rights and fandom crap" was so unthinkable in late 2015. So the turn must've been some time after that, right? There's an old XKCD comic about raiding 4chan with Twilight stuff, I could find the date of that comic but I hate XKCD so I won't. My point is, 4chan must've turned whenever we stopped hearing "let's flood 4chan with lefty legbeard sentiment." Because eventually that's the very thing even the normies came to know 4chan for.

So when was this? And why did it happen? Did all of the old guard move to /pol/ instead? Or did they die of old age? Did the generation simply fade away?

Did all of the old guard move to /pol/ instead?
:lul::lul::lul:
/pol/ is the board that has changed the most
Their collective IQ dropped 4 standard deviations down, today it's legitimately worse than all those boomer Facebook pages with Punisher memes and horny death threats to AOC

When it became 9GAG

:lul::lul::lul:
/pol/ is the board that has changed the most
Their collective IQ dropped 4 standard deviations down, today it's legitimately worse than all those boomer Facebook pages with Punisher memes and horny death threats to AOC
tbh

it's always been shit.

The generation that created 4chan grew up and moved on with their lives. Many of them got married, many roped or died by accident. Nowadays you have zoomers only who are even more retarded and less creative than millennials, besides the modern Internet is much better policed and controlled.

I never understood its appeal.

It was usually way more primitve than tumblr and reddit combined, and it's saying something.

I stopped using it after 2012 for so. Didn't seem to change much by then, just was on other websites instead

I still use it but the biggest glaring issue with the site now is that it's infested by normies, redditors, and desperate whores begging for attention. The e-thot bitch that got killed by one of her beta orbiters truly represents the state the site has come to.

I never understood its appeal.

It was usually way more primitve than tumblr and reddit combined, and it's saying something.

The content and the community. Most of the foundation of the Internet comes from 4chan.

I never used 4chan.

I immediately noticed it was just edgy horny reddit

"Reddit" in what way?
Everyone behaving in a simple way. Things are either shit or based and things that have potential for interesting discussion are ignored in favor of waifushit or bait posts. It’s not impossible to find something interesting just hard

seems to be full of moronic weebs and trannies ngl

I browsed /pol/ somewhen around 2018 and some more times intermittently after that, and I never liked the Brazilian community there. They have always been extremely retarded and bluepilled, trying to mimic the alt-right by supporting Bolsonaro but miserably failing and supporting a literal jew.

The 2016 saga was epic though.

I entered /gif/ to coom some times but now it's full of niggers, gore and gay shit.

And why did it happen?
Because the staff are braindead retards that decided to get some extra revenue from mentally ill trannies visiting their shithole website instead of doing proper gatekeeping to keep the quality of the boards and the og users satisfied. also the jannies there are retards that allow obvious retard trolls to spam and flood their shit anywhere. 4chan is yet another example of why gatekeeping and proper moderation is a must and evidence of what happens when you let your website get pozzed by trannies normalfaggots and foids

2016 Trump bullshiters filling up every board after being pipeLIned by right leaning YOUTUBERS
2018 "FEMBOY" faggots , trannies nigger bbc shit
2020 bots that spam all above tenfold

Was it ever good? I've visited it only for cap materials. There are so much better boards than this shit.