Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

What’s your favorite poverty meal

• Thread starter Deleted member 9229
  • Start date
Noodles without the water, mix powder with some butter and mix with cooked noodles.

Quick-Chips-SC-4pack-R-HR.png

Can of black beans or peanuts.

I have no favorite poverty meal, because i'm never poor :feelzez:

"I like mustard on my biscuits."
- sling blade

instant noodles or bread with cheese

I don't know I'm not poor

Sometimes when there’s no food, I like to toast bread and put mayo over it. That’s literally it, what about you? What do you eat when times tough?

Well I don't really like the stuff but my mother and I would always joke that we're going to have "welfare food" (our idea of it anyway) when we were too lazy to cook which means take the time and put in the effort to prepare food we'd actually enjoy and or we didn't buy fast food slop that we'd actually enjoy that day either.

So our idea of various "welfare food" we've had?

Lets see...

-Macaroni and Cheese (usually Kraft brand but sometimes not) combined with hotdogs, hotdog buns, ketchup and mustard and sometimes onions (my mother puts relish on her's also at times but I don't on mine because I find that shit disgusting).

-Banquet boxed chicken and instant mashed potatoes and either corn or green beans with it if we go extra all out. This is a halfways decent meal for our idea of welfare and even comes close to being an almost normal "good meal" of ours when my mother would get up the energy and decide she wanted "real potatoes" instead and decided to go through with peeling and then boiling them after which it usually then falls to me to mash them with my mighty strength as well add butter and milk and all that jazz and then I mix them up with a large to moderate sized spoon after which I load my portion up with ungodly amounts of salt.

-Some kind of sausage, I think usually turkey sausage, that is big enough to fit in a large pan (think a pan that you would pan cook a pile of french fries in for example or a smattering of hamburgers like say 3-5) and it is the good kind of sausage meaning it has edible casing, so you don't have to peel anything off before you can cook or eat it. Anyway my mother would brown that up in the pan and we'd generally have instant mashed potatoes with this. I'm pretty sure we've only ever had instant mashed potatoes with this meal of some sort or another as I believe my mother could only ever justify to herself sometimes going the extra mile and making "real potatoes" when combined with boxed microwaveable chicken, though one time we did have something different with the browned up in the pan sausage than instant mashed potatoes. That was of course instant cheesey potatoes, which if I recall correctly, were surprisingly excellent, in taste/flavor, what have you, for being a ready to heat and eat kind of quick meal. Anyway in closing with this meal if we want to go the extra mile we of course add either corn or green beans to it.

-Homeade Chicken Noodle soup- my mother's own concoction. Its pretty good but probably not how most people make it when they really go all out to make chicken noodle soup in it's most proper way of being made. Sometimes she'll add spam and a chicken flavoring pouch to it and sometimes there will be real canned chicken meat in it. At all times there are tons of various noodles (egg noodles I believe they are called). Sometimes when she would get extra ambitious she'd cut up carrots very smallish and put them in there...or maybe they were precut tiny canned carrots? Not sure but they worked well in the soup. What I like most about her chicken noodle soup concoction is that there's generally more noodles than liquid and the noodles are chewy but not overly so. A good balance of consistency I'd say that you just don't get in canned chicken noodle soups. Usually in canned chicken noodle soups by the big companies the noodles themselves are practically liquified and have no real chewiness to them whatsoever. Also there's generally more liquid than noodles, chicken and other contents in said canned soups.

-Large Family Sized TV Dinners like Lasagna- I've sometimes made these for us as they are extremely easy to set up in the microwave and leave until done or if the instructions say mix it up once and then continue microwaving thats also not too hard a task to do.

-Oven Pizzas- they generally taste like shit or at least compared to real pizza from a restaurant they do but at least they'll get rid of your hunger pangs for a while and if you're lucky until the next day. There are instructions online on how to "dress them up" so the flavor will come closer to matching a restaurant quality pizza but honestly I'm too lazy and can't get around to buying such ingrediants anyway.

Which flavor is the best in tour opinion?
chicken mogs
My favorite ones are with beef and chili, chicken noodles are kinda bland to me tbh, I still buy them from time to time because variety is nice.

Baked potatoes and tomato soup.

I do packet soup and chuck any kind of veggies and protein I can get my hands on to bulk it out. I'll put noodles in too for carbs. I've been doing these 'going to waste' boxes from supermarkets for about £3, loads of random shit so soup seems to work

Ramen. Also, eggs, before they got expensive for no good, goddamn justifiable reason.

Ramen noodles.