Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

What is Depression?

mlcurrycel

mlcurrycel

Marxist-Rodgerist
★★★★★
What is depression?

To me, it feels like my brain telling me, "you're 90 years old, it's time to die, die now, stop waiting".

Why does my brain act this way? Let's use Savannah Theory.

When early humans were living in the wilderness, we were either having group sex or tournament-mating (polygamy).

If you were Chadwick Tyrone and stretching out all the JB black Stacey's, you were enjoying life. Your brain was flooding itself with happiness chemicals to encourage you to keep impregnating bitches.

But if you were caveman Urkel? What would your brain be doing?

Maybe your sister got impregnated by Chadwick, but your dick was drier than th Sahara.

You have a few options:

• Kill Chadwick and his children and impregnate all the foids (good luck winning the fight)
  • Help your sister raise Chadwick's children by hunting food, etc. This means your Y chromosome will die out, but your X chromosome will be passed on through your sister.
  • Kill yourself (this means your Y chromosome won't pass on. But it also means you won't be eating the resources that could feed your nephews and nieces instead)
Therefore, male depression may be a way to protect some of your genes when all of them can't be transferred in a situation of extreme starvation. You didn't reproduce, but your sister spread those depression genes to her children.

If her son, your nephew, becomes the next Chadwick, his brain will be flooded by happy chemicals and he'll enjoy life

If her son turns out to be an incel, he can help his sisters by killing himself.

Dolphins commut suicide too. Some of them just stop jumping for air and asphyxiated themselves. Dolphins will do that sometimes if their entire family dies.

If your entire tribe dies and there's no way for you to pass on your genes, there's no point to living anymore. So your body will either shut off your sex drive so you no longer feel sexually frustrated, or it will make you kill yourself to reduce your total suffering in the long term.

your life is shit so your brain sends you warnings about it

If every sexless man who wanted to commit suicide decided to move to Incelistan instead, it would be a power to be reckoned with

Have you experienced love and positive reinforcement in your formative years? No? Well there's your answer, sorry brocel :fuk:

Have you experienced love and positive reinforcement in your formative years? No? Well there's your answer, sorry brocel :fuk:
I'd have left the redpill if I got laid at 17

interesting idea but i think theres more straightforward explanations, but this one about evolving suicide to benefit the tribe could play some part in the whole picture.
it makes much more sense to me that depression works like all other negative feelings, to push you toward the goal (ultimately passing on genes), and that the seemingly idiotic urge to kill yourself is just your psychological response to it, not an intrinsic "will to death" that evolved with some way to increase fitness. And evolution still hasnt ironed out this flaw in our psychology that a guidance mechanism can steer you in the complete opposite direction because there hasnt been much need for it until the last couple hundred years.
Maybe it even exists with the purpose to remove your shit genes from the future gene pool, giving your tribe more of a chance to survive and in turn passing on this "self destruct if incel abomination" gene (or maybe even meme in the original sense if the psychology that leads to suicide is somehow a result of the culture and your upbringing moreso than hardware) -a more extreme form of a benefit rather than just not wasting food and shelter

interesting idea but i think theres more straightforward explanations, but this one about evolving suicide to benefit the tribe could play some part in the whole picture.
it makes much more sense to me that depression works like all other negative feelings, to push you toward the goal (ultimately passing on genes), and that the seemingly idiotic urge to kill yourself is just your psychological response to it, not an intrinsic "will to death" that evolved with some way to increase fitness. And evolution still hasnt ironed out this flaw in our psychology that a guidance mechanism can steer you in the complete opposite direction because there hasnt been much need for it until the last couple hundred years.
Maybe it even exists with the purpose to remove your shit genes from the future gene pool, giving your tribe more of a chance to survive and in turn passing on this "self destruct if incel abomination" gene (or maybe even meme in the original sense if the psychology that leads to suicide is somehow a result of the culture and your upbringing moreso than hardware) -a more extreme form of a benefit rather than just not wasting food and shelter
At first I thought, why wouldn't the brain only push optimism? Or coping delusion?

Then I thought about hunter-gatherer life, and realised you could be right - people then could just go for a jog, chat with friends, try to seduce a local, or even go on a trip to a different tribe. Stone Age Passport Bro. See if they liked you better, at least for a one night stand.

Standards for a man were way lower back then. Chad was your 2 cm taller brother, not some 6'5 Hollywood star.

People also had a different conception of time. Everything was cyclical. No start or end.

Maybe they were dumber too.

Now, life feels like a Rogue RPG. Any mistake you make gets compounded over time. There's no redo. And a neurotic person like me can over-obsess while a normie or Chad can just try again tomorrow.

Mild displeasure meant to motivate change might become a cacophony of suicidal suffering because life is harder, more complex, and less flexible than before.

Thanks for making me think differently.

My life is depression :feelsrope:

My life is depression :feelsrope:
Incels should freeze their body samples before they die. Once Marxism Rodgerism is achieved, their samples will be used to create a clone of them who can enjoy the sexhaver life they could never have before the revolution

Whatever goes up, must come down. This society will not last forever. We can educate future generations so they can eliminate hypergamy.

Polyamory is so fucking depressing. It's even more depressing the way you put it. It's not like now where we have an abundant amount of copes to get through life with such as video games, books, TV, 870 remington, etc. Back then you had nothing except to watch cave-chad watch and fuck every woman in your tribe.

To answer your question, depression to me is seeing no hope and preferring death as an alternative.

It is criminal what was done to us, meanwhile i see average retards having what i lack for granted.