Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Discussion What is average cost of shaving, hair cut and other personal grooming in your place (now compared to past)?

jeetcel

jeetcel

jeets me!
★★★★
make it in US dollars; also mention the kind of services you could get at your barber shop;

for me; my average expenditure behind haircut goes about two dollars ~ 160 rupees per month, and i get to sit in an AC cooled shop (kinda have to mention it because not all barbers here can afford ACs and it gets reflected in their service charges), get to read almost all available newspapers, get to listen to new songs on FM radio or sometimes even getting glimpses of live cricket match on TV there,
for haircut and so a young barber does it all with quite a lot of different scissors and electric hair clipper, he does that all quite speedily and applies some sweet smelling powder on my neck after cleaning remnants of hairs using brush
overall damn good service for that price,
as for shaving, i do it myself, i use old school safety razor with those rectangular blades for that, mine looks something like this

i don't remember how much i paid for this maybe it was 80 some rupees more than a decade ago, still works
blades i get a pack of 10 for 50 rupees in today's price; and must say these blades have gone costlier than past but one blade works good enough for maybe 10 days (giving i use all sides with each blades) so it's still cheaper than getting it shaved at barber shop - could be charging 50 rupees ~ 61 cents

for shaving cream i used randomly whatever i find cheaper at stores as they all same, nowadays i use this brand
Vi-John-125gm-Muzaffarpur-E-shop-jpg.webp

it has about 50 some rupees ~ 61 cents printed on it but sold in shops for 30 rupees ~ 37 cents and one tube lasts for good one full year lol

i don't use aftershave just wash my face with whatever soap i have

so there's some basic estimation of cost of personal grooming, shaving et al for me;

of course people do get luxurious services in those big 'salon' and all for much higher prices but not my cup of tea - even then i believe average pro barbershop here costs some 500 rupees ~ 6.11 dollars for haircut and maybe 250 some rupees ~ 3.01 for shaving-trimming etc beard work and if you get other basic facial and so all of it could cost 1000-1200 rupees ~ 14 and half dollars maximum

so there you have it, how is barber shop experience in your place ? what are general quotes ? how is prices inflation regd barber services at your place ? what could you get there as service ? if you do it on your own then at what expenses ?

I'd also like to mention in many low tier barbershops here barbers would shave your armpit pubes for free if you get haircut from them,of course you have to ask them to do your armpits, they just consider it part of same thing

Its cheap just do it

Too much.
But realistically, a bottle of good shampoo is about 10$, and for shaving accessories you want about 20$ a month (blades, gel, aftershave, etc.). Deodorant can set you back, so budget $20 a month for that (I may be hideously ugly but at least I don't smell bad). And if you want cologne you're looking at $20 a month for the cheap but not ass smelling stuff.
All in all, being clean ain't cheap, but you can't put a price on not smelling like shit. Again: it won't do anything to make me more appealing to w*men, but I feel somewhat better about myself.
(INB4 some fag says this is all too expensive: stfu I'm not buying Dollar Tree shampoo bitch)

In the past: easily half as much.

I jsut buy a ton of those disposable razors, use them once and throw away. I only do it once a week so a pack of them lasts a year

I only go out for haircuts, the cheapest possible shitty Asian places. :feelshaha:

I don't cut my hair and I trim my beard myself

Over.

I bought an electric clipper for about $100, and I cut my hair (short) and trim my beard short with it.

A haircut would cost $40 and a pack of razor blades would be about $30 so this seems well worth doing.

at current exchange rates at 2023 December 17 where 1 usd buys 0.92 eur

5.00€=5.45$ shampoo, although I don't use it anymore, because it made my hair dry and break
10.00€=10.91$ buzzcut, 3 months ago
universal hair trimmer with 5 different heads bought on birthday so free

3.33€ or 3.64$ a month it is

being clean ain't cheap
This is why I will always smell like shit, if aint ever gonna get chicks then I do give two fucks about hygiene

i haven’t been to a barber and had to deal with their wincing face bullshit since 2016. get your own supplies and save cash

make it in US dollars; also mention the kind of services you could get at your barber shop;

for me; my average expenditure behind haircut goes about two dollars ~ 160 rupees per month, and i get to sit in an AC cooled shop (kinda have to mention it because not all barbers here can afford ACs and it gets reflected in their service charges), get to read almost all available newspapers, get to listen to new songs on FM radio or sometimes even getting glimpses of live cricket match on TV there,
for haircut and so a young barber does it all with quite a lot of different scissors and electric hair clipper, he does that all quite speedily and applies some sweet smelling powder on my neck after cleaning remnants of hairs using brush
overall damn good service for that price,
as for shaving, i do it myself, i use old school safety razor with those rectangular blades for that, mine looks something like this
View attachment 745969
i don't remember how much i paid for this maybe it was 80 some rupees more than a decade ago, still works
blades i get a pack of 10 for 50 rupees in today's price; and must say these blades have gone costlier than past but one blade works good enough for maybe 10 days (giving i use all sides with each blades) so it's still cheaper than getting it shaved at barber shop - could be charging 50 rupees ~ 61 cents

for shaving cream i used randomly whatever i find cheaper at stores as they all same, nowadays i use this brand
Vi-John-125gm-Muzaffarpur-E-shop-jpg.webp

it has about 50 some rupees ~ 61 cents printed on it but sold in shops for 30 rupees ~ 37 cents and one tube lasts for good one full year lol

i don't use aftershave just wash my face with whatever soap i have

so there's some basic estimation of cost of personal grooming, shaving et al for me;

of course people do get luxurious services in those big 'salon' and all for much higher prices but not my cup of tea - even then i believe average pro barbershop here costs some 500 rupees ~ 6.11 dollars for haircut and maybe 250 some rupees ~ 3.01 for shaving-trimming etc beard work and if you get other basic facial and so all of it could cost 1000-1200 rupees ~ 14 and half dollars maximum

so there you have it, how is barber shop experience in your place ? what are general quotes ? how is prices inflation regd barber services at your place ? what could you get there as service ? if you do it on your own then at what expenses ?

I'd also like to mention in many low tier barbershops here barbers would shave your armpit pubes for free if you get haircut from them,of course you have to ask them to do your armpits, they just consider it part of same thing
I have an immense issue of social anxiety so I opt for everything DIY. I recently bought the Gillette Shaving Kit which costs me some $100, I am also trying to pay attention to daily hygiene so I got a Heads&Shoulders shampoo, a generic brand soap I picked up from Target and an electric tooth floss which make bleed and hurt like a bitch but apparently it will improve my dental health.

I am also debating on getting a bodywash - maybe something from Nivea. I also try to apply warm oil on my scalp 2-3 hours before and everytime I need to shampoo.

I also got a Nivea moisturiser for my face and some chapstick. Very, very basic personal care and daily hygiene stuff - they have seem to improve my mental health too.

I am trying to comb my hair post waking up, in the noon and before going to sleep - same with my brushing my teeth. Kinda becoming my OCD now but again helps to develop a stabilising routine.

It depends. But one place I go to just for haircut is like $50. She washes and conditions my hair and will cut it to what I want. She will also trim my beard but only uses an electric razor.
The other shop is a men's only barber shop. They will do a hair cut and hot towel shave with a straight razor for $80. The hot towel shave is very nice and relaxing. It's very hard to find shops that do this service anymore. I have to shave every day to every other day because my beard grows fast. I can go a while without a haircut because my hair is curly.

On the rare occasions I cba shaving or cutting my hair I use an electric razor (or, rather, haircutting kit-- the electric razors made for shaving are too weak). It costs me nothing. I haven't had a clean shave for probably 8 years. For showers I just use liquid soap. I keep meaning to buy and use coconut oil but cba, I switched to soap during COVID as I feared the virus and just stuck with it. When I wash my hair I just rinse wash it with water, haven't properly washed it in probably years.

Last edited:
This is why I will always smell like shit, if aint ever gonna get chicks then I do give two fucks about hygiene
Dude, do hygiene not for them, but for yourself. Hygiene is the key to good mood and body health!

I've always cut my own hair