Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

[Whitepill] Undergoing hardship on your own volition will vastly improve the meaning of your life

Caelus

Caelus

★★★★
No, this is not :redpill:. I don’t care how it comes off, this is just my personal observation fragmentarily written, having greatly inspected my surroundings and mental well being under certain conditions.

Ironically, one thing that had helped me come to this conclusion long ago was trying to understand the relationship between “hard” videogames and their audience. Dark Souls, being a prime example, is one that has been very (in)famous for exerting this sort of effect.

Heads up: he brings up his girlfriend + is a high-tier normie. I don’t know the guy personally, just happen to have really enjoyed his content for the past few years, so don’t get upset at me if he’s bluepilled or anything cuz idc.

But is it just that? Carrying out something as pointless and meaningless as completing a challenging videogame? No. It can apply to a variety of things. Anything as long as YOU are the one who opted for it. Anything that makes your everyday life harder (not in an anxiety inducing, involuntarily unbearable or harmful way like wageslaving or having to deal with sick and ill family members, but more in an am I willing to commit myself to that on purpose and see what I can come up with way on my own way) will subsequently make your life much more meaningful.

Chess is another perfect example. Chess made my everyday life like hell, and yet, instead of giving up on it forever, I keep finding myself coming back to it, purely because it IS a hefty burden, it’s a very demanding activity, one that has always required a lot of determination. Gym is a good example of this too but not always for the result, but the process of anything associated with deliberate PAIN, but NOT suffering.

Meaningless small triumphs of endeavors seem to be effective. Why is that the case? Well, simply put, from my experience, when I’m going through that sort of pressure, I’m not giving my mind any kind of allowance to base bleak and static presumptions when it’s functioning. I’m taking care of it in that way, therefore I’m “taking care” of myself.

The trickiest part is finding and COMMITTING yourself to something, but once you’re set, you’re all good to go, you will be on a roll.

Is it going to save you? Absolutely not. At least not necessarily. Will it yield ascension? Not from what I can tell. Is it all ultimately cope? Sure is, that’s one way of looking at it. But in the end, it is still better than doing absolutely NOTHING.

There is a concrete reason so many NEETs feel like utter shit on a daily basis, and normies who work their asses off don’t budge to anything blackpilled (they’re too focused on achieving their own shitty goals, as empty and pointless as it all may be in the end, they don’t want to disturb it).

Maybe at its core, it’s the self-doubt in you, or the common fear of failing that keeps it going, but you not doing anything at all will make you go mad. Ultimately, you need a dynamic sense of progression that’s in service of you growing, and the more free time you have at your hands, the better you get to understand that.

(obligatory gif insertion)
is just right

Last edited:
@FakeFakecel thoughts on my new epic cope? :ping:

What about when it's not of your own volition

What about when it's not of your own volition
That still might result in the same thing if you can learn to grow into it (which I don’t suggest) but more often than not, it won’t. The “of your volition” bit is important. If it’s out of your control, then it’ll most likely have the opposite effect (it won’t help you grow, it’ll subvert and destroy you).

@FakeFakecel thoughts on my new epic cope? :ping:
Honestly I can't say anything for sure because I've never tried it. I've enough challenges that DON'T come from my own volition so there's just not enough time nor mental capacity for me to do anything like this, at least not right now when I'm universitymaxxing.

The theory of it is good, I never played dark souls but finishing cuphead was a massive relief (in the good kind, not the ''finally done with this fucking game'' kind) so I think you're onto something here.

But overall, with stuff like this nothing matters except for you. If it works for you, great, it's a nice cope, doesn't matter what anyone else thinks. Nobody should suffer from inceldom so I don't judge any copes.

at least not right now when I'm universitymaxxing.
I think that in and of itself is sort of what’s working for you right now. You’ve committed yourself to that, and that alone keeps you sane.

I think that in and of itself is sort of what’s working for you right now. You’ve committed yourself to that, and that alone keeps you sane.
Bold of you to assume that I'm sane :feelsgah: :feelscomfy:

:feelsaww:

All S ranks?
Yup :feelsaww:

Sally Stageplay was a bitch though, finishing her on S rank was hard as fuck. The RNG was annoying.
Shoutout to Grim Matchstick for being another pain in the ass :feelscomfy:

>confusing ego with meaning

Yup :feelsaww:

Sally Stageplay was a bitch though, finishing her on S rank was hard as fuck. The RNG was annoying.
Shoutout to Grim Matchstick for being another pain in the ass :feelscomfy:
The flying ones were stupid easy tbh if you were at one point a Binding of Isaac/bullethell roguelite slave like me. :feelsrope:

>confusing ego with meaning
Yeah tbh meaning wasn't the best word for it. There's objectively no meaning to life. Religions were born as a way to give meaning to life, but we know those are all fairytales.

Overcoming a difficult challenge can give the sense that you are making progress in your life. In the end it's still about sex.

I don't think it works for everyone, but everyone should give it a try for a few months to see if it helps

I like the challenge of stealth games but I get depressed if something is too hard. I prefer a golden mean of challenge. Trying too hard feels like sunk cost fallacy.

I don't understand people who say Dark Souls literally changed their life, cured their depression, made their dick bigger, etc. I think it might be a self-improvement cult like Zyzz worship that kept getting crazier the longer it existed.

Remember to get 8 hours of sleep.