Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

News Tinder dumps desirability scores.

VincentVanCope

VincentVanCope

M̶e̶n̶t̶a̶l̶c̶e̶l̶ Mentally ill Truecel
★★★★
So for those who didn't know, previously Tinder would have a (constantly adjusting) ELO score for it's users and attempt to only show users people who were the same level of ELO score as them. I'm not sure exactly how they went about this, but I think the way it works is that men are ranked with ELO scores, women are ranked with ELO scores and matched with comparable scores (80/20 profile sharing essentially, since women will obviously have higher raw ELO scores than men)

They have now ditched this ELO system completely: https://www.engadget.com/2019/03/18/tinder-dumps-desirability-scores/

Why do you guys think they did this and what are the repercussions?

My opinion is that women will now have to sift through many more undesirable men. Why would Tinder do this? I speculate that the ELO scores were turning away premium-account-paying normie men.

Last edited:
If women can't get chads easily, women will not use tinder.

ELO sorta dampens hypergamy right? Encourages looksmatching?

Without ELO it’s just the jungle with 100% of foids only swiping right on 6’4’ violent chad

Without ELO it’s just the jungle with 100% of foids only swiping right on 6’4’ violent chad

It depends on if (A) or (B) was the situation. Your assessment is probably correct if (A) was true.

backwards

it's a rating system based off chess where each yes swipe increases your score and each no swipe decreases it

women with more men matching her have the potential to increase your elo score if they swipe yes to you

in end is chads float to the top

Yup, they just made the tinder useless for women. So, the app will collapse if they don't use ELO. If they see the user base is getting less active, they will start ELO again. You can't simply defeat whore-hypergamy, since your app totally depends on it.

I can't tell if this is a good or bad thing.

most men mass-swipe right anyways, the ELO should be based on message reply rate

No, no, ELO does the opposite, it's based on hypergamy. A guy with more matches will be displayed more frequently, so his score will increase exponentially. The opposite will happen with an ugly guy.

Someone needs to sub to pewdiepie.

didn't even know that was a thing, my score must be like negative infinity fucking rip

No, no, ELO does the opposite, it's based on hypergamy. A guy with more matches will be displayed more frequently, so his score will increase exponentially. The opposite will happen with an ugly guy.

I think you're probably right. It makes sense, men are the ones buying premium accounts and ELO was turning them away.

Yup, they just made the tinder useless for women. So, the app will collapse if they don't use ELO. If they see the user base is getting less active, they will start ELO again. You can't simply defeat whore-hypergamy, since your app totally depends on it.

correct

it's like bars not letting in too many male customers, even if those male customers spend a lot of money

ugly guys, groups of rapey indian guys, etc. will juts scare away hot girls, then you make NO money

Never touched that app. Never will

Good thing. Women will now have to sit and sift through many more men to find Chads.

I'm guessing Tinder did this because it's desperate men buying up premium accounts and ELO scores were putting them off the app.

Does this mean it effects your ranking or does it deliberately hide your ugly face from females ?

If it’s only ranking then I see nothing wrong with that. Women only need to see you for a split second to decide if she will swipe left or right and if she was likely to swipe left on you then you should be on a lower ranking or the women will have to swipe on thousands of guys until they find someone they like.

In my opinion they should stop playing games and let women filter them they want. If they only want 6’2 guys them let them only see 6’2 men instead of making them swipe left thousands of times just to see one chad.

Does this mean it effects your ranking or does it deliberately hide your ugly face from females ?

If it’s only ranking then I see nothing wrong with that. Women only need to see you for a split second to decide if she will swipe left or right and if she was likely to swipe left on you then you should be on a lower ranking or the women will have to swipe on thousands of guys until they find someone they like.

In my opinion they should stop playing games and let women filter them they want. If they only want 6’2 guys them let them only see 6’2 men instead of making them swipe left thousands of times just to see one chad.

So the situation before was that everyone gets a score and then you only see profiles "on your level". Now everyone will see everyone. Women will have to suffer and look at normie men.

They will just move to that new app called 'The League'.

Only top 20 percent men get in, and the rest can't even use the app.

I think you're probably right. It makes sense, men are the ones buying premium accounts and ELO was turning them away.
correct

it's like bars not letting in too many male customers, even if those male customers spend a lot of money

ugly guys, groups of rapey indian guys, etc. will juts scare away hot girls, then you make NO money

Yup, chads pay 0 bucks on tinder (or any dating site for that matter).

Let’s pretend guys swipe normally just like women and not just auto-right swiping all foids.. the ugliest foids would only be visible to the ugliest guys right? That’s looksmatching

Tbh it wouldn’t be equal looksmatching.. it would end up reflecting the 95/5 market or w/e where guys start swiping right on ugly girls because they’re the only girls they see on tinder, and all the girls swiping on only the hottest guys.

The quality of women who match with me is so atrocious it makes me wanna vomit.

This is more of a positive thing working in our benefit because they'd have to settle for primarily normies, rather than chad. While at the same time, the demand and appeal that chad will now have since he'll be a minority compared to many of the landwhales who eventually find him will only skyrocket.

Let’s pretend guys swipe normally just like women and not just auto-right swiping all foids.. the ugliest foids would only be visible to the ugliest guys right? That’s looksmatching

In that sense, yea.

This is more of a positive thing working in our benefit because they'd have to settle for primarily normies, rather than chad. While at the same time, the demand and appeal that chad will now have since he'll be a minority compared to many of the landwhales who eventually find him will only skyrocket.
they'll just download a new app. no stopping whores in their quest for cock

Elo matchmaking was a good thing for Chads and hypergamy because foids had much more acceptance rating than me and the only men who had comparable to them were the Chads and thus elo system helped Chad be seen by foids.
They will just move to that new app called 'The League'.

Only top 20 percent men get in, and the rest can't even use the app.
Pampering more woman as they know males will always come for sex.

Btw don't publicity shit like that

Last edited:

COPE. There will be no settling. Women will either tough it out and swipe left a few dozen more times to get to chad or just delete the app completely and switch to another one.

Either way, I’m probably not going to get laid.

They Will switch back after realizing that they fucked up

This app is hypergamy unchecked.

Can someone carry me from Incel to Grandmaster plz?

It's ((((their)))) plans to depopulate the earth and genocide the White race.

The more I look into Tinder, the more I see the people behind it - worshipers of Baphomet.

its all the same

it's just tinder doing two things

1. savvy pr move to make incels like us believe they're no longer ranking people based on looks even though they are
  2. a way to justify incels and normies paying for tinder plus, superlikes and boost

all it means is that the more you pay, the more you'll be shown in amongst all the chads that naturally get swiped on.

fucking lol at anyone who believes that the app will be a level playing field ever

Good... GOOOOOOD

Either women will stop using Tinder or they will be more open to fucking non-chads. Either way we win.

Good... GOOOOOOD

Either women will stop using Tinder or they will be more open to fucking non-chads. Either way we win.

COPE. They will sit there and swipe left 5x as much if they need to. Whatever it takes to get Chad. That, or they'll just find a new app/pressure Tinder to reverse the decision.

Women don't pay for premium though & the creators can just make endless bot female accounts like dating sites have been doing for years.

Tinder is for chads and foids only no point to go there

no it doesn't because even the ugliest most abyssmal disfigured landwhale is swiped right more frequently than a 6/10 male, meaning she has a higher elo score than him if I understand everything correctly

This app is hypergamy unchecked.

I think this will be the future of dating. Apps that truncate the undesirable portion of men, and cater to increasingly selective standards that women hold.

Makes no difference. You cant win on Tinder if you're not 8 minimum.

Users who are viewing this thread

shape1
shape2
shape3
shape4
shape5
shape6
Back