Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Gaming Theory: Need for Speed Most Wanted '05 – protagonist beats #1 on blacklist in a Chevy Camaro

iblamemyself

iblamemyself

Overlord
★★★★★
Need for Speed Most Wanted 2005 is considered the best (racing) game of all time by many people. The game features a story mode with live action cut scenes and dramatic police chases in an open world.

Even though it’s one the few racing games that feature a proper story, there is not much to say about the lore. You have to defeat the 15 street racers that are most wanted by the police.

The protagonist arrives in Rockport city in his heavily modded BMW M3, the car that dominated the GT3 races for a long time. When he races the #1 on the blacklist, Razor, his car is sabotaged. The protagonist loses the race and gets locked up in jail while Razor takes his BMW as a prize.

You have to start from scratch and defeat each member of the blacklist to finally challenge and defeat Razor and take your BMW back.

Theory:

You, as a player, have 32 cars to choose from, but in the real story, the protagonist beats Razor with a Chevrolet Camaro SS.

How did I come to this conclusion? When Most Wanted was released, there was a special, limited edition for collectors you could purchase. It was called the Black Edition. This version of the game features a bonus challenge in which you drive a Camaro and have to escape a police chase while having a higher “wanted level” which is not in the original game. The Camaro can also be selected in the Quick Race/ Arcade mode.

The Camaro is also the oldest and the only classic car in the game (when the game was released, now a lot of the others cars are also classics by today’s standards). This car really stands out. The Camaro is the only bonus car in the collector’s edition and there is no explanation as to why.

This is why I believe that the protagonist beats Razor in this car. Maybe the developers considered giving the protagonist this car in the main game, but then decided to not limit the player in his choice. After all, there are many iconic cars to choose from such as the Aston Martin DB9, Dodge Viper, Porsche 911, Porsche Carrera GT, Lamborghini Murcielago, Ford GT, Mercedes SLR.

My favorite was always the Murcielago for its beauty and my friend from school preferred the Carrera GT for its “formula 1 sound”. What was your favorite car in Most Wanted?

Last edited:
Need for Speed Most Wanted 2005 is considered the best (racing) game of all time by many people. The game features a story mode with live action cut scenes and dramatic police chases in an open world.

Even though it’s one the few racing games that feature a proper story, there is not much to say about the lore. You have to defeat the 15 street racers that are most wanted by the police.

The protagonist arrives in Rockport city in his heavily modded BMW M3, the car that dominated the GT3 races for a long time. When he races the #1 on the blacklist, Razor, his car is sabotaged. The protagonist loses the race and gets locked up in jail while Razor takes his BMW as a prize.

You have to start from scratch and defeat each member of the blacklist to finally challenge and defeat Razor and take your BMW back.

Theory:

You, as a player, have 32 cars to choose from, but in the real story, the protagonist beats Razor with a Chevrolet Camaro SS.

How did I come to this conclusion? When Most Wanted was released, there was a special, limited edition for collectors you could purchase. It was called the Black Edition. This version of the game features a bonus challenge in which you drive a Camaro and have to escape a police chase while having a higher “wanted level” which is not in the original game. The Camaro can also be selected in the Quick Race/ Arcade mode.

The Camaro is also the oldest and the only classic car in the game (when the game was released, now a lot of the others cars are also classics by today’s standards). This car really stands out. The Camaro is the only bonus car in the collector’s edition and there is no explanation as to why.

This is why I believe that the protagonist beats Razor in this car. Maybe the developers considered giving the protagonist this car in the main game, but then decided to not limit the player in his choice. After all, there are many iconic cars to choose from such as the Aston Martin DB9, Dodge Viper, Porsche 911, Porsche Carrera GT, Lamborghini Murcielago, Ford GT, Mercedes SLR.

My favorite was always the Murcielago for its beauty and my friend from school preferred the Carrera GT for its “formula 1 sound”. What was your favorite car in Most Wanted?
I used Earl's Lancer because that was the hardest race to beat for me so I thought it was the fastest car

I've always loved the Lancer, there used to be one parked near my house and I always looked at as a child

I used Earl's Lancer because that was the hardest race to beat for me so I thought it was the fastest car

I've always loved the Lancer, there used to be one parked near my house and I always looked at as a child
The catchup rubber band is pretty strong no matter what version of the game you play. ( except the PSP )
Tune the Cayman S a little bit in the settings, to see if it helps.
It does take a little bit of luck to win all the races.

Theory:

Same here, the murcielago was my favorite. The available bodyparts were a bit disappointing though.

The first car I chose was always the Golf 5 which I also drove irl. I bought one or two porsches. The gallardo was the one I remember the most because I did the hardest challenges with it I think. NFS most wanted was one of the best games I ever played.

The catchup rubber band is pretty strong no matter what version of the game you play. ( except the PSP )
I was 11 back then so I was probably just shit at driving :feelskek:
I even got the neighbour kid to try and beat it for me but he couldn't do it either. I stopped playing the game for a few weeks and the next time I picked it up I beat it first try. I think I used the Supra to beat him, not sure though

I was 11 back then so I was probably just shit at driving :feelskek:
I even got the neighbour kid to try and beat it for me but he couldn't do it either. I stopped playing the game for a few weeks and the next time I picked it up I beat it first try. I think I used the Supra to beat him, not sure though
You´d still have a better chance with Cayman S due to it´s acceleration.
It was in 4th grade ( 2005/2006) when i received the PS2 version of this game, and it was so awesome that i remember i had a NGS red steering wheel for the PS2, but mostly i played with the Dualshock controller.

You´d still have a better chance with Cayman S due to it´s acceleration.
It was in 4th grade ( 2005/2006) when i received the PS2 version of this game, and it was so awesome that i remember i had a NGS red steering wheel for the PS2, but mostly i played with the Dualshock controller.
I couldn't get the pink slip for the Cayman. I played on a PS2 as well and the cards for the pink slips were randomised. I actually beat Earl with the Eclipse now that I remember

I couldn't get the pink slip for the Cayman. I played on a PS2 as well and the cards for the pink slips were randomised. I actually beat Earl with the Eclipse now that I remember
The Eclipse is still better than the Supra, surprisingly.
What the Supra has over the Eclipse is more speed and handling, but not in acceleration which is vital.

You could have had done a soft reset if you fail to grab the pink slip.
On the PC just press Window key, then following CTRL + ALT + DEL to quit the game, and try again.

The Lancer would have dominated the game if MW had played in winter, but it played in autumn.

The Vette is a really great choice and it had nice engine sound. There was also a Corvette racecar as a bonus car, but unfortunately you can’t buy it in story mode.

Same here, the murcielago was my favorite. The available bodyparts were a bit disappointing though.

The first car I chose was always the Golf 5 which I also drove irl. I bought one or two porsches. The gallardo was the one I remember the most because I did the hardest challenges with it I think. NFS most wanted was one of the best games I ever played.
I agree, I usually left mine stock and sometimes painted it blue and gave it a hood scoop, that’s it.

The Golf is actually one of the fastest cars in the game when upgraded. I also loved the Cayman and especially the Gallardo. Imo, it had the best engine sound in the game.

Debatable. Underground 1 and 2 asesthetics were so much better than the yellow piss coloured theme of most wanted. Also I just got internet at the time it came out and pretty much stopped playing single player games.
Yes, it has a strong, yellow filter. If I had never played it and played it today for the first time, I would remove the filter immediately, like I did with Resident Evil 5.

But this is how I know Most Wanted and the yellow color and the visual effects made the game look like a literal dream, unreal, if you know what I mean. So I’d keep it in MW. The Underground series was also really nice.

The Lancer would have dominated the game if MW had played in winter, but it played in autumn.

The Vette is a really great choice and it had nice engine sound. There was also a Corvette racecar as a bonus car, but unfortunately you can’t buy it in story mode.
You can with the ShopSpezial tool, then fix the save file with the save editor.
VOILA!
You can now go to the Car Lot, and see all the hidden goodies for purchase in the career mode.
( This is the Old School way, not VltEd )

Keep in mind, only do this after finishing the game.
My save file in the video is an old timer with the best Mod Loader scripts available, the cop mod being of my own making.
~Undefeated to this day.

You can with the ShopSpezial tool, then fix the save file with the save editor.
VOILA!
You can now go to the Car Lot, and see all the hidden goodies for purchase in the career mode.
( This is the Old School way, not VltEd )

Keep in mind, only do this after finishing the game.
My save file in the video is an old timer with the best Mod Loader scripts available, the cop mod being of my own making.
~Undefeated to this day.
I tried it a while ago. Something went wrong with VtEd I think, and now custom rims don’t have tires anymore and there are some other glitches.

Did I need a save with a completed story mode?

I tried it a while ago. Something went wrong with VtEd I think, and now custom rims don’t have tires anymore and there are some other glitches.

Did I need a save with a completed story mode?
To fix that, you need a clean base game, and NO save file.
Check compatibility with mods ( trial and error ) and see how that goes for you.
VltEd is kinda meh, since it installs the script permanently and very few come with an uninstall option, then the hassle of having to fix the damn save file each time you make changes to the game with VltEd.
So the best way to use VltEd is to have the perfect plan from the get go, after investing your time in trial error figuring out what works in combination.

To fix that, you need a clean base game, and NO save file.
Check compatibility with mods ( trial and error ) and see how that goes for you.
VltEd is kinda meh, since it installs the script permanently and very few come with an uninstall option, then the hassle of having to fix the damn save file each time you make changes to the game with VltEd.
So the best way to use VltEd is to have the perfect plan from the get go, after investing your time in trial error figuring out what works in combination.
Thanks, I actually got it to work. I had to run the program as admin, otherwise it wouldn’t save.

But I decided to reinstall it. I found a great mod collection called Redux mod. It was all just copy and paste and it had most of the things I wanted to see in the game. Maybe I’ll 100% it. It’s been over a decade since I last played MW.

Thanks, I actually got it to work. I had to run the program as admin, otherwise it wouldn’t save.

But I decided to reinstall it. I found a great mod collection called Redux mod. It was all just copy and paste and it had most of the things I wanted to see in the game. Maybe I’ll 100% it. It’s been over a decade since I last played MW.
Yes Redux mod is a compilation of many mods made by the community.
~But i do prefer adding each script myself, and making the variation of the game completely personal.
That´s the beautiful side of modding.

Yes Redux mod is a compilation of many mods made by the community.
~But i do prefer adding each script myself, and making the variation of the game completely personal.
That´s the beautiful side of modding.
When I had my ps2, I always envied the computer gamers who could mod their games. I would spend hours looking at san andreas mods and I was so fascinated by them. Today, I just accept games as they are and only add little things that I think should be in the game, without changing the game too much.

I always wanted to drive a Ferrari in Most Wanted. There are a few in the Redux mod and I’ll unlock the first one soon. I’m making a childhood dream come true.

When I had my ps2, I always envied the computer gamers who could mod their games. I would spend hours looking at san andreas mods and I was so fascinated by them. Today, I just accept games as they are and only add little things that I think should be in the game, without changing the game too much.

I always wanted to drive a Ferrari in Most Wanted. There are a few in the Redux mod and I’ll unlock the first one soon. I’m making a childhood dream come true.
Dude.. you can have it all.
This year i finished GTA San Andreas on the PS2 to 100% after having modded the shit from the PC version.

It´s all a state of mind.

Wish i could play it online with brocels