Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

The Shay Files: "Mental Illness"

Very slowly, he took a cookie and dipped it in the milk. Then, he took a bite, sipped some milk and felt that the burning, already churning in his stomach, waned and faded. Yet right away the reality of his desperate situation appeared before him, and something tight and hot surged from his heart up through his throat. He realized he was going to start sobbing, and even though he knew the lady was looking at him, he could not reject nor untie that hot knot that was becoming tighter and tighter. He fought back, and as he did so, he ate fast, fearful, afraid that his tears would prevent him from eating. When he finished the milk and the cookies, his eyes turned misty and something warm rolled over his nose and fell into the glass. A terrible cry shook him to his core.

He was leaning down crying when he felt a hand caressing his tired head, and heard the voice of a woman, with a sweet accent, who was saying:

—Cry, son, cry…

A new wave of crying took over his eyes, and he cried with the same intensity as the first time, but this time without anguish, rather joyfully, feeling a great freshness penetrating him, extinguishing that hotness which had been strangling him. While he cried, it seemed to him that his life and his feelings were being cleansed as a dirty glass under a stream of water, recovering the clarity and strength of days gone by.

Finally, he stood up and just said:

—Thank you, lady. Goodbye…

—Goodbye, son— was her reply.

He went out. The wind coming from the sea refreshed his face, still burning from the crying. He wandered around for a while, until he took a street that went down to the docks. It was a beautiful night, and big stars were shining in the summer sky.

He looked at the sea. The lights of the dock and of the ships projected on the water in a trail of red and gold, trembling softly. He lay on his back looking at the sky for a long time. He didn’t want to think, nor sing, nor talk. He felt himself alive, that was it.

Camp Half-Blood
Icepelt27713
noFilter

#53532412Wednesday, August 24, 2011 1:22 PM CDT
This is for my game, Camp Half-Blood Version 3.0.I wasn't sure where to put it, but it relates to a book.[[ CONTENTS ]]~Blurb~Cabins~Armory~Zeus’s Fist~Lag~Free Models~Consistency~Thanks~Suggestions or Complains[[ BLURB ]]Welcome to Camp Half-Blood. This is years after Percy Jackson, years after Jason Grace, and years after the new cabins were built. Camp is thriving, and the number of demigods has doubled. This is Camp Half-Blood, Version 3.0.This Camp is the most accurate of ...
Camp Half-Blood Version 3.0 Blurb
Icepelt27713
noFilter

#53532313Wednesday, August 24, 2011 1:19 PM CDT
[[ CONTENTS ]]~Blurb~Cabins~Armory~Zeus’s Fist~Lag~Free Models~Consistency~Thanks~Suggestions or Complains[[ BLURB ]]Welcome to Camp Half-Blood. This is years after Percy Jackson, years after Jason Grace, and years after the new cabins were built. Camp is thriving, and the number of demigods has doubled. This is Camp Half-Blood, Version 3.0.This Camp is the most accurate of my three (Number two has been deleted, but the original, more popular one is still open). I spent hours build...
Re: Shadows of ROBLOX - Story
cyberzodai
noFilter

#58863588Tuesday, November 29, 2011 8:29 PM CST
---Chapter 4, part 4.General Clockwork examined the status of each individual plane on the multitude of monitors inside the main council building's basement. He didn't like that he was usually the one who had to do this; as he and Bright constantly had to switch shifts, being the only two who knew how to work the controls. Telamon also knew how to use it as well; having forced himself into working it out, apparently due to the fact he felt it was necessary to read information as the head of the army division.Clockwork continued to keep an eye out for any disturbances in the fields. He knew that the planes had different rules than the 'real' world. As the planes all had large amounts of energy floating around, disturbances happened quite a lot. While they were usually small and low priority, a large disturbance could cause a multitude of injuries.Clockwork noticed a beeping coming from one of the monitors. He pressed some buttons on the keypad; which had been set for the shortest time between getting the information that there was a disturbance, and actually bringing up the information, due to how the pad was matched with the fingers. He had made sure of this, he was the one who built it after all. Machines were his field, and the research was Brights. He knew how to make sure his works were quality.As he brought up the screen, which moved toward him and suddenly expanded to a square at least 3 feet on both sides, there was apparently a fairly large disturbance in Crossroads 32. Clockwork was glad that he was finally able to get some action in, as he typed in the coordinates for the correct plane with his right hand, and entered in his transport code with his left. A bracelet jumped up from his desk, as he gracefully slid his wrist into the bracelet mid-air. His grace was a result of his style of thinking; he knew that unnecessary movements would only slow his movement even more. The best machines worked in an efficient manner; the ability to make a large amount of computations in a short amount of time was mere processing power. True efficiency was the ability to compress the code into as little lines as possible, in order to give the processing power as little work as possible, which in turn, makes it work faster. Making unnecessary movements would merely halt his own progress, especially we built up one after another, He kept this mindset even now, as he jumped into the plane.---Stay tuned for the continuation of chapter 4!
Re: Worst School Year Ever (Game)
ReallyRetarded
noFilter

#58933595Thursday, December 01, 2011 4:31 PM CST
January 18,It turns out the AK-47 was really just a Nerf Gun. So I got grounded for another week. They even told the school about this stupid "arrangement!" I snuck out later and ran, just ran. Being held away from school (for some reason) made me go insane. I know it sucked, but I still had friends- ... uh... acquaintances there! So I just ran straight into the school. Jade-Bot beat me up and literally kicked me out of the school, I flew through the air and crashed into Grace's house, I smash...
Cameillas and grace are in my basement
FearlessCanadian
noFilter

#137070832Sunday, June 15, 2014 10:09 AM CDT
Don't get to scared
WHO LIEKS MY AWESOME POEM I WROTE!??
Siberith9
noFilter

Top 100 Poster
#42831194Sunday, February 20, 2011 8:20 PM CST

Every star in the wonderfully resplendent cosmos; mayor may not enthrallingly shine,And every thing on this Universe that flamboyantlyshines; could not be irrefutably termed; only as aSTAR..Every flower sprouting from fathomless kilometers ofland; may or may not diffuse rhapsodic fragrance,And every thing on this Universe that is seductivelyfragrant; could not be irrefutably termed; only as aFLOWER...Every cloud in the voluptuously crimson sky; may ormay not pelt tantalizing droplet...
more_horiz
Re: MINARD777's Collection of songs, stories, and poems
MINARD777
noFilter

#22350257Friday, March 12, 2010 6:32 AM CST
--------------------------------------------Lost On This Road---------------------------------------------[Salvation's Song]-Fruit of knowing.Bite and see what's true.Evil winds are blowing.Tell me what has come of you.You can't uproot it's dark affect.THE SEED OF SIN!Oh our souls it does infectTHE WAR RAGES WITHIN!Fallen nation.Rise on high.No damnation.The future isn't nigh.Blood for blood.But pure for wrong.Dripping into mud.Salvation's song.The savior has come.Paradise regained.The future isn't glum.All sin has been drained.Blood for blood.But pure for wrong.Dripping into mud.Salvation's song.Beaten down by rod.Spitting in his face.Incarnate God.He gave mercy. HE GAVE GRACE!PARADISE IS OURS!No work of mine I see.ALL MY WASTED HOURS!How have I gained eternity?Blood for blood.But pure for wrong.Dripping into mud.Salvation's song.-[Streets of False Desire]-Running through streets of false desire.Quenching the thirst of the raging fire.This shacking path is a disaster.I'm the slave and sin's the master....There is no other I can blame.I treated life as if a pointless game.Spending money.Wasting time.Dripping honey.Every crime.The road of snares leads to nowhereland.The land beneath The Dark One's hand.A WASTED JOURNEY THROUGH THE SEA OF SAND!Desserts crossed though running to nowhere.Weary I am, the pain I cannot bare.There must be an elevating path.At least a way to escape the wrath....WELL THERE IS MORE!SO WALK WITH ME BEYOND THE DOOR!The king of all.The savior from the fall.GOD ABOVE!GOD OF LOVE!-[Eternal]-On the cross you bled for me.LORD you bled to set me free.You were forgiving....And now I am living.We will live eternally.WE WILL LIVE FOR ETERNITY!Cross of salvation.Cross of love.To save this nation.A gift from the above.OUR HEARTS ARE...INFERNAL!OUR LIVES ARE...ETERNAL!Praise his name.Play no game.Here we are.Though fallen far.We once were weak and lame.We will never be the same.Glorious is mount calvery.The punishment was meant for me.You took it all.You saved us from the fall.GLORIFY GOD ETERNALLY!WE WILL LIVE FOR ETERNITY!OUR HEARTS ARE...INFERNAL!OUR LIVES ARE...ETERNAL!On the cross you bled for me.LORD you bled to set me free.You were forgiving....And now I am living.We will live eternally.WE WILL LIVE FOR ETERNITY!-[Lost On This Road]-[I- The Wrong Way]I look to the mountains slowly falling.Broken hearted the sinners are calling.Towers of gold.These cities old.Our hearts are cold.We've already been told.I hate to see another fall.I hate to hear the dead men call.The end is so near.It will soon be here.CLIMBING THE STAIRWAYLiving the lie.I'M GOING THE WRONG WAY!You tell me why.In the night the war rages on.Where again has all our faith gone?[II- DARKNESS]We climb on higher to the top.We hear the serpents hissing in the night.We see the raging fire. Will we drop?We press on harder in this fight.CLIMBING THE STAIRWAYLiving the lie.I'M GOING THE WRONG WAY!You tell me why.Black lightning...From the serpent's evil tongue.It's frightening...Both the old and young.We see the wrathIt's death we see.On the wrong path.Why can't we see?In the darkness.Serpents shedding skin.In the darkness.Sowers sowing sin.The flames below.The end we know.Either way we go.CLIMBING THE STAIRWAYLiving the lie.I'M GOING THE WRONG WAY!You tell me why.[III- Take Me]...BUT OH!The road through fire.The road through ice.My only desire...WAS PARADISE!I see the lies.All my useless tries.What has my heart come to be?Oh my LORD what's become of me?I long to give my life to you.You MORE that know what I'm going through.TAKE THIS WORTHLESS SOUL!FILL ME UP AND MAKE ME FULL!CLIMBING THE STAIRWAYLiving the lie.I'M GOING THE WRONG WAY!You tell me why.To hell we run.Far beyond the sun.We've "worked" to hard to see...DARKNESS FOR ETERNITY!SO TAKE ME!REMAKE ME!My soul is empty.Nothing I can give.Nothing inside of me.Why should you let me live?SO TAKE ME!REMAKE ME!Descending from the heavens above...Is your powerful hand of love.I enter the kingdom forever free.I dwell in the kingdom for eternity.-[Serpents]-Rising from the fiery pits below.Only anger do they show.From the pits of hell.Ringing hard the doomsday bell.The time has come to die.Everyone falling. Bodies fly.Someone save us from the monster we've become.Hangman army, do you hear the beating drum?Here begins the first invasion.Demons screaming, "Your damnation!"Leaders falling.Hangman's calling,"Fall into the noose today.Let yourself just slip away."Oh this just can't be.Darkness for eternity?Serpents rising.Witches hypnotizing.Nest of snakes.Many souls it takes.Serpents of the Devil's nation.Demons of eternal damnation.Souls are falling.Falling away.Dead men calling.Will there be another day?LORD I'm sorry for my every sin.For the filthiness within.For casting you down.For hiding the crown.You know my heart.You know my intention.This work of art...Is your invention.I'm waiting for the savior to take me away.Living for the final day.My fortress is crumbled.Again I'm humbled.I must stand strong.Though these times are long.-[Reborn]-[I- Giving up]Fiery swordsBlades of doomMajestic warlords.Oh the gloomDecaying floor boardsIn this evil roomHalls of enchantmentHalls of deathVictorious descentAnother freezing breathLost foreverLost in my imaginationFace it neverI will live in this mental nationAll within the mindNo regretsLeaving life behindNo more debtsEnter the dreamEnter your own "reality"Oh death it may seemBut it's nowhere near fatalityJust to sleepTo sleep foreverIn so deepAwaken, never[II- Awaken]Years have passed me byStill I live the lieIt's so easy I don't even try...But wait!My soul is dyingMy fate!Enough of this lyingHow can I survive on imaginary nourishment?Nothing less than false enchantment?No my soul can't waitCan this be my fate?Tell me it's not to lateWake me from this life long sleepI want to see realityI was in a lie so deep...But now the truth I want to see.AND SO I SEE:Fiery swordsBlades of doomMajestic warlords.Oh the gloomDecaying floor boardsIn this evil room[III- Beyond The Room][A voice from the heavens]Look beyond this crumbling roomLook beyond the growing gloomNo more is hell to come, your doomThrough the doorIn the shadows, be no moreThe final battle in lifelong warLIVE ANOTHER LIFETIME!FLEE FROM SIN AND CRIME!Come running to meI know your weak insideIn my presence you are freeThose tears, no need to hide!The debt was payedAll once decayedLet the tears pour downBut in them never drownFor you wear a sacred crownChild of the LORD on highWhen you live is when you dieWhen you woke from the deepest sleepYou were rising from a pit so deepYou died beforeThen rose againIt's the end of warNo more dwelling in the lion's denTHOUGH YOU FELL SO FARREBORN YOU ARE!Through the doorIn the shadows, be no moreThe final battle in lifelong warLive your life for meWhat is next? ETERNITY!-[The Only]-Demons yelling in the night.Screams of terror. Screams of fright.The only thing I see is a flickering light.An hourglass tells when I'm to die.PLEASE JUST TELL ME WHY!WHY DO I BELIEVE THIS LIE?Reaching out with bleeding hands.Reaching beyond the shattered lands.I THE WOLF CRY, LONELY!BECAUSE I AM THE ONLY!The fallen ones arise.Spewing at me, lies.The Lady of Grey Eyes...HER EVIL GRIN DOES HYPNOTIZE!Here I am!dwelling in the shadows.Here I am!Hanging in the gallows.Misty eyes of hypnotists....YOU PUT ME TO SLEEP!Black fog of the satanists....THOUGH IT IS NEVER DEEP!Eyes of terror, eyes of hate.Destroyer, we can't recreate.Reaching out with bleeding hands.Reaching beyond the shattered lands.I THE WOLF CRY, LONELY!BECAUSE I AM THE ONLY!Midnight is here.Feel the gloom.Filled with fear.Trapped in this room.These bloody walls.MY MIND CANNOT ERASE!Many angel's falls.I AM LOST IN THIS HAUNTED PLACE!Reaching out with bleeding hands.Reaching beyond the shattered lands.I THE WOLF CRY, LONELY!BECAUSE I AM THE ONLY!The light is getter brighter.The room is getting lighter.The demons fade.The debt's already paid.Here I am in this resurrected place.I am lost in your never ending grace.Reaching out with pleading hands.Reaching into better lands.I WILL NEVER AGAIN BE LONELY!BECAUSE YOU ARE THE ONLY!Daylight is here.Oh the mercy.Farewell to fear.You're so good to me.Another call I hear.MY MIND CANNOT ERASE!...THE BLOODY MARKS OF YOUR SAVING GRACE-[Tomorrow]-No knowing of tomorrow.Will it bring me joy or sorrow?I don't know what tomorrow has to bring.So in joy today I sing.Trust in the LORD!FOR HE IS GLORIOUS!Follow the horde!FOR WE'RE VICTORIOUS!Your kingdom come.Your will be done.Though times are glum......We know you've won!Through all the pain.Through all the rain.You were my light.You gave me sight.Through the fields of sorrow.DANCING IN THE DARK!No knowing of tomorrow.I'm not afraid. I WEAR THE MARK!IT HAS BEEN DONE!I AM YOUR SON!-[STEP]-[Verse 1]Forbidden doorTo mystical landsJust another warUnder bloody handsIn so many piecesTorn to shredsSo much thistleIn the flower bedsIn the whelming warLeave the dead behindAll beyond the doorTell the lost and blindSO MUCH SIN!THE PIT WITHIN!SO CAGED IN!THE DEVIL'S GRIN![Verse 2]Death is aheadDon't you cross the lineGlistening so redDon't drink the poisoned wineTemptation is presentTemptation in the airThe future isn't pleasantSo cross it if you dareThere is another doorThere is another wayCondemnation is no more.All you "had" was yesterdayLORD TAKE!PLEASE BREAK!FOR MY SAKE!REMAKE![Verse 3]So break away from who you were.LEAVE IT ALL BEHINDprecious silver, diamonds, and myrrhLORD I WAS SO BLINDI STEP INTO YOUAs if a glorious kingLORD I RISE ANEWAnd I give you everythingStep into the kingom of the LORDHE IS THE ONEYou are one of the chosen hordeYOU ARE A SONWHAT CAN I DO?I AM MADE NEW!I AM WITH YOU!YOUR LOVE IS TRUE!-[Take Me]-Can we see the blackened end?Blinded we are, we can't defend.Running to nowhere.Striving for a higher seat.On a road of sin and snare.I find myself bowing at your feet.Lost in this dimension.Looking for the path.Filled with wrong intention.Trying to escape the fiery wrath.Self inflicted pain.Another century down the drain.Take me to the sky.Save me from this lie.Blind I am, I never see.Days just pass me by.Trapped I am when I am "free".I live in peace though it's a lie.RISE BEYOND THE END OF ALL!RISE ON HIGHER THEN ANY MAN WILL FALL!Take me to the mountain.I want to know your love.Take me to the fountain.LORD I know you're watching from above.Take me to the land beyond the sky.I'm in chains so let me fly.Break them down.So that I will never drown.RISE BEYOND THE END OF ALL!RISE ON HIGHER THEN ANY MAN WILL FALL!Kill my sin with a bloody hand.Take me to the better land.A world beyond the skies of blue.So that I may drink of you.RISE BEYOND THE END OF ALL!RISE ON HIGHER THEN ANY MAN WILL FALL!LORD TAKE ME!-[Fly]-Life is a mysteryFilled with miseryLife's a fiery pitThat is definiteIs there a way?A way for me to fly away?Fly with the LORDRaise your mighty swordWaves come crashingAnother bloody lashingBut you're next to meThrough your eyes i seeThe road is longEvery step I take is wrongBut oh I must fightLORD you are the guiding lightLORD your love's a river flowing redIt resurrects what once was deadNo good deedsNo, but tangled weedssin my body bleeds.The debt I owedYou took the heavy loadAnd here I am along this roadA holy lightAlong the pathAnother nightRunning from the wrathYou guide me to your kingdom in the skyTo no end it seems, we flyLife is a mysteryFilled with miseryLife's a fiery pitThat is definiteIs there a way?A way for me to fly away?Lift me highTo the very skySo that IMay endlessly fly-[Heaven]-Door to heaven.I take a step inside.Angels singing, seven.The excitement I can't hide.Waterfalls of liquid gold.Here I'm young though I am old.Sanctified!Glorified!Here with the mighty one!Realize!No more lies!The battle has been won!Here at heaven on my knees.No more crying. No more disease.No more dying. Safe from the fiery seas.Sanctified!Glorified!Here with the mighty one!Realize!No more lies!The battle has been won!A brand new day.A day of light.Take darkness away.Farewell to night.
Re: Sibby, you're poem made my computer go bewm.
Siberith9
noFilter

Top 100 Poster
#42832350Sunday, February 20, 2011 8:36 PM CST
sorry, was it too awesome to behold it?here you can see it here >:DEvery star in the wonderfully resplendent cosmos; mayor may not enthrallingly shine,And every thing on this Universe that flamboyantlyshines; could not be irrefutably termed; only as aSTAR..Every flower sprouting from fathomless kilometers ofland; may or may not diffuse rhapsodic fragrance,And every thing on this Universe that is seductivelyfragrant; could not be irrefutably termed; only as aFLOWER...E...

3dg let it die
naruto1236978
noFilter

#4377548Friday, December 19, 2008 4:57 PM CST
if you dont know wat 3dg is it is three days gracei made a youtube vid with lyrics of it plz watchhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZYr9VAvgcng
Let Me Know If Your Hearts Still Beating
SeekerOfDarkness
noFilter

#5113071Monday, January 19, 2009 2:01 PM CST
I did my best to noticewhen the call came down the lineup to the platform of surrenderI was brought but I was kindand sometimes I get nervouswhen I see an open doorclose your eyes, clear your heartCut the cord.are we human or are we dancermy sign is vital, my hands are coldand Im on my knees looking for the answerare we human or are we dancerpay my respects to grace and virtuesend my condolences to goodgive my regards to soul and romancethey always did the best they couldand ...
more_horiz
Wyrm
noFilter

#10263418Saturday, June 27, 2009 1:46 PM CDT
I guess is this Philosophers way of spamming
EVERYONE HERE PHAIL SO MUCH YOU PHAIL AT DR. PHIL
FakeSpamAccount
noFilter

#5241690Sunday, January 25, 2009 7:51 PM CST
FailureFrom Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia(Redirected from Fail)Jump to: navigation, searchFor other uses, see Failure (disambiguation).Train wreck at Montparnasse, France, 1895Failure (colloquially fail, phail, flop or flub) in general refers to the state or condition of not meeting a desirable or intended objective. It may be viewed as the opposite of success. Product failure ranges from failure to sell the product to fracture of the product, in the worst cases leading to personal injury, the province of forensic engineering.Contents [hide]1 Criteria for failure2 Types of failure3 Commercial failures4 Internet meme5 See also6 References7 Further reading8 External links
Sword of Dionisuis (or whatever)
LegoIsReal
noFilter

#8002368Tuesday, April 28, 2009 4:44 PM CDT
DamoclesFrom Wikipedia, the free encyclopediaJump to: navigation, search"Sword of Damocles" redirects here. For other uses, see Sword of Damocles (disambiguation).In Richard Westall's Sword of Damocles, 1812, the boys of Cicero's anecdote have been changed to maidens for a neoclassical patron, Thomas Hope.Damocles (pronounced [dæməkleɪz]) is a figure featured in a single moral anecdote concerning the Sword of Damocles,[1] which was a late addition to classical Greek culture. The figure belongs properly to legend rather than Greek myth.[2] The anecdote apparently figured in the lost history of Sicily by Timaeus of Tauromenium (c. 356 – 260 BC). The Roman orator Cicero may have read it in Diodorus Siculus. He made use of it in his Tusculan Disputations, V. 61–62,[3] by which means it passed into the European cultural mainstream.

Re: what do you like chowder or foster home for imgnariy freinds?
cybertron
noFilter

#1422535Thursday, June 19, 2008 6:15 PM CDT

Evaluated: Newbie From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (Redirected from Noob) Jump to: navigation, search Editing of this article by new or unregistered users is currently disabled because of vandalism. See the protection policy and protection log for more details. If you cannot edit this article and you wish to make a change, you can discuss changes on the talk page, request unprotection, log in, or create an account. This article may require cleanup to meet Wikipedia's quality standards. Please improve this article if you can. (July 2007) "Newcomer" redirects here. For the Alien Nation race, see Tenctonese. "Noob" redirects here. For the Mortal Kombat character, see Noob Saibot. For a placename, see Newby. For the Wikipedia behavioral guideline, see WP:NEWBIES. Newbie is a slang term for a newcomer to online gaming or an Internet activity. It can also be used for any other activity in whose context a somewhat clueless newcomer could exist. It can have derogatory connotations, but is also often used for descriptive purposes only, without a value judgement. Contents [hide] 1 Origin 2 Alternative spellings 3 Meanings 4 Internet Relay Chat 5 Military usage 6 Usage in popular culture 7 Game definition of Noob 7.1 Noob 7.2 Newb 8 References 9 External links Origin The word newbie is a variant of 'new boy' and comes from British public school and military slang. Its earliest known usage on the Internet may have been on the USENET newsgroup talk.bizarre[1]. Before it entered popular discourse by way of the Internet, the term "newbie" had a limited usage among U.S. troops in the Vietnam War as a slang term for a new man in a unit.[2] Alternative spellings "Newbie" can be used as a term to identify newcomers to a game, place, or organization. The variant spellings of "newbie" are also used, especially in online games, as a catch-all insult regardless of the recipient's actual skill or experience. Someone who acts like a "newbie," but isn't one would be referred to as one of the variant spellings. The variant "noob" has become common in spoken English in parts of New York City and New Jersey as a substitute for the word dude.[original research?] Alternative spellings include "newb," "n00b," "N00B," "noob," and "nub." These alternative spellings of the term, other than "newb," inherit the definition of "newbie" but are generally used in a derogatory manner to indicate uselessness because of the ignorance associated with being a newcomer. In online gaming, a greater distinction may be made between a "newb" and a "noob." The common consensus is that a "newb" is someone who through their very nature of being a new player is inexperienced and naïve to particular gaming mechanics or etiquette, whereas a "noob" is a player that is generally considered to be experienced, yet often makes mistakes or solecisms that would more likely be attributed to a "newb." The term "noob" can also be applied to someone who is experienced, but blatantly disregards rules and etiquette through personal choice; however, the label "troll" would be more accurate. There are a multitude of words that have emerged from the original "Newbie", each with their own meaning and origins. There are such terms like "nubcakes" or "nubotron" which emerged from generally gamers expressing their anger of success with their fellow players. The general rule is to use the nub- or noob- stems in order to create specific insults or expletives, as in "nooblet," or "nubcracker." The Korean term chobo (초보) has roughly the same connotations as "newbie", and has been popularized in the English speaking world via the presence of large numbers of South Koreans in some online gaming communities. The antonym of chobo is gosu (고수). Meanings Newbie and the alternate spellings are often used for one of two different meanings. Newbie is usually used to refer to a new person who has recently joined the group of bored, and is a rank default on InvisionFree forums. Several alternate spellings and occasionally the original word, are used to refer to a member who is generally unwanted or disliked in the community, and is often used as part of Trolling or Flaming. Internet Relay Chat In IRC, newbies may be either discouraged or encouraged, depending on the particular channel. There are channels on any of the major networks dedicated to catering to newbie questions and getting into the IRC community. However, beyond the scope of these introductory rooms there are many channels where common newbie mistakes are not tolerated. This may include repeating the same sentence, begging for pirated software, immature insult slinging, attacking an operator, usage of color, and the use of channel bot search and file list commands (such as !find or @search). Most channels have rules that are posted as a link in the topic or sent to the user as an on-join message. Breaking the rules or established policy can result in an instant kickban. Military usage The term "non-useful body", "nuclear unready body", or N.U.B. was coined in the submariner world. A brand new sailor reporting aboard a submarine had to earn his "dolphins" (submarine-qualification: learning everything about a submarine in order to quickly and decisively assist in damage control).[3] Until the sailor became so qualified, he could not do his assigned function aboard the submarine. During this time, he was declared a non-useful-body, and was generally harassed until he completed it. The term has since migrated to the surface fleet, and is used to negatively refer to new sailors, who are not as experienced and useful as their shipmates. Usage in popular culture Doctor Cox in the TV show Scrubs continuously refers to his protége John Dorian (J.D.) as "Newbie" as a way of breaking his spirits and constantly reminding him who's in charge. (This has been going on since the series began in 2001.) In Mortal Kombat: Armageddon, the character "Noob" Saibot's weapon is the "Troll Hammer", a joke on the fact that many people who troll message boards are noobs. In The Sims video game, the tutorial family with which the player learns how to play the game are named Bob and Betty Newbie. In the webcomic Ctrl+Alt+Del, The strips "Glossary:Newb/Noob" and "Real Life" describe the behaviors of "newbs" and "noobs". The internet TV series, Pure Pwnage, the main character Jeremy says the catchphrase, "I pwn noobs", meaning he dominates lower ranking players. In the online game Kingdom of Loathing, one enemy that the player may face in the Valley of Rof L'm Fao is a "Lamz0r N00b." Their attacks include "omgwtf"ing the player and asking "how u mine 4 fish?," [1] a reference to noobspeak. In the same game, the area where new players are taught the basics of gameplay is called Mt. Noob. In the game Baldur's Gate, there is an NPC called Noober (obviously from noob), who talks to the party for a while before running out of things to say. His purpose in the game is to annoy the player (he also gives experience if the player waits long enough). There is also a character in the sequel, Baldur's Gate 2, named Neeber (variation of newb), who is commonly thought of as the brother of Noober. Both characters can be killed by the player without fear of provoking the town guards or citizens. In Pokemon Diamond and Pearl a NPC in Oreburgh City encourages the player to advance in the game to avoid being like a "total noob". A recurring character in the webcomic xkcd has total intolerence of internet newbishness. Game definition of Noob Noob The game defintion of noob is usually someone, often in online games who acts in offensive ways to other users or people that surround them and refuse to go away, or by any other methods for the sole purpose of annoying others. Noob is also referred to as a everyday offensive word used by people to offend others or to refer to people who act offensively. Newb Noob is also considered a relatively new person to a game that is inexperienced and doesn't know what they are doing. This term is often addressed as newb (Newbie) however. References ^ http://catb.org/jargon/html/N/newbie.html ^ Entry for newbie in John Robert Elting, Ernest L. Deal, and Dan Cragg, A Dictionary of Soldier Talk (New York: Scribner, 1984), 209. ISBN 0684178621 ^ USS Tucson Submariners Earn Dolphins in Record Time. US Navy. Retrieved on 2007-03-15. External links Look up newbie in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.Newbie.org http://www.refdesk.com/factbeg.html Merriam Webster on Newbie Retrieved from "http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Newbie#Alternative_spellings" Categories: Internet slang | Video game culture | Beginners and newcomers Hidden categories: Semi-protected | Cleanup from July 2007 | All pages needing cleanup | Articles that may contain original research since September 2007 | All articles that may contain original researchViewsArticle Discussion View source History Watch Personal toolsRobloxcybertron My talk My preferences My watchlist My contributions Log out Navigation Main Page Contents Featured content Current events Random article Interaction About Wikipedia Community portal Recent changes Contact Wikipedia Donate to Wikipedia Help Search Toolbox What links here Related changes Upload file Special pages Printable version Permanent link Cite this page Languages العربية Dansk Deutsch Español Français Italiano Nederlands ‪Norsk (bokmål)‬ Polski Português Русский Simple English Slovenščina ไทย This page was last modified on 19 June 2008, at 15:22. All text is available under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License. (See Copyrights for details.) Wikipedia® is a registered trademark of the Wikimedia Foundation, Inc., a U.S. registered 501(c)(3) tax-deductible nonprofit charity. Privacy policy About Wikipedia DisclaimersResult: 0% NoobNoob-Meter:0%------------------------------------------------100% |
more_horiz

A new wave of crying took over his eyes, and he cried with the same intensity as the first time, but this time without anguish, rather joyfully, feeling a great freshness penetrating him, extinguishing that hotness which had been strangling him. While he cried, it seemed to him that his life and his feelings were being cleansed as a dirty glass under a stream of water, recovering the clarity and strength of days gone by.

He went out. The wind coming from the sea refreshed his face, still burning from the crying. He wandered around for a while, until he took a street that went down to the docks. It was a beautiful night, and big stars were shining in the summer sky.

Very slowly, he took a cookie and dipped it in the milk. Then, he took a bite, sipped some milk and felt that the burning, already churning in his stomach, waned and faded. Yet right away the reality of his desperate situation appeared before him, and something tight and hot surged from his heart up through his throat. He realized he was going to start sobbing, and even though he knew the lady was looking at him, he could not reject nor untie that hot knot that was becoming tighter and tighter. He fought back, and as he did so, he ate fast, fearful, afraid that his tears would prevent him from eating. When he finished the milk and the cookies, his eyes turned misty and something warm rolled over his nose and fell into the glass. A terrible cry shook him to his core.

He was leaning down crying when he felt a hand caressing his tired head, and heard the voice of a woman, with a sweet accent, who was saying:

—Cry, son, cry…

He looked at the sea. The lights of the dock and of the ships projected on the water in a trail of red and gold, trembling softly. He lay on his back looking at the sky for a long time. He didn’t want to think, nor sing, nor talk. He felt himself alive, that was it.