Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

The joker is 174cm (5'8), do you think this played a role in his selection for the character ?

ParisCel

ParisCel

Recruit
★★★★★
The joker is 174cm (5'8), do you think this played a role in his selection for the character ?

Also, I noticed that in the film the Joker doesn't look small (5'8), is it really small? And what did you think of the film in general ?
173cm**** sorry. Joker actor :

Joaquin Phoenix​

I'd say it would have to play a part. I doubt they could use a 6'4 dude and have him realistically be as much of an outcast. A 6'4 dude is not of a typical incel height.

Je dirais que cela devrait jouer un rôle. Je doute qu'ils puissent utiliser un mec de 6'4 et qu'il soit de manière réaliste autant un paria. Un mec de 6'4 n'a pas une hauteur incel typique.
oui mais dans le film il n'a pas l'air d'être petit, je ne savais pas qu'il mesurait 5'8 jusqu'à ce que je le cherche sur Google

oui mais dans le film il n'a pas l'air d'être petit, je ne savais pas qu'il mesurait 5'8 jusqu'à ce que je le cherche sur Google
Sorry bro I don't speak french

I'd say it would have to play a part. I doubt they could use a 6'4 dude and have him realistically be as much of an outcast. A 6'4 dude is not of a typical incel height.
yes but in the film it doesn't look like he's short, i didn't know he was 5'8 until i googled him

[UWSL]I remember being quite amazed after discovering it, seeing the movie Joker seemed to me of normal height or a little above average.[/UWSL]
[UWSL][UWSL]However I think Joaquin Phoenix was chosen for his skill and Heath Ladger was 185 cm.[/UWSL][/UWSL]

Because Joker is the villain, therefore can have negative traits such as short height. Still, Phoenix is an attractive man. They wouldn't pick short and ugly guy to play a villain unless he was a parody.

joker is incel, all incels are like joker:foidSoy:
Until today the cinema has not been able to represent a large part of the incel community, and it is always a great exaggerated satire of a minority of the minority. Good movies: Estômago, O homem que copiava, crumb, Lars and the real girl, diary of a country priest, the hunchback of notre dame, the ellephant man, winter light....
:feelzez:

Because Joker is the villain, therefore can have negative traits such as short height. Still, Phoenix is an attractive man. They wouldn't pick short and ugly guy to play a villain unless he was a parody.
Yes, but why does it look like a normal height in the film?

Because they operate camera angles, setup a scene and pick the actors so that his height doesn't stand out that much. Same thing happened in Brian De Palma's Scarface where Al Pacino, a manlet, was surrounded by people more less his height.

you are following the same logic of IT thinking, the logic of standardization and generalization. Incels.is is just the tip of the iceberg, we are a tiny fraction of the real numbers. You have blacks, Latinos, Asians, short people, tall people, midgets...the real numbers are unimaginable.
Then comes cinema, which is one of the most global audiovisual media, so it is of mere importance that we have films that represent the community.