Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

The Anime Recommendation Thread.

idkwattodowithlife

idkwattodowithlife

Banned
-
Hello guys, I'm going to make an anime recommendation thread. I'll probably showcase some okay animes or gems, I guess this depends on your liking, and personalities. I'm probably not going to showcase mainstream animes (you guys can if you want), I don't hate mainstream animes (because I'm not a hipster faggot), and I in fact love them (DBZ, Naruto, Bleach, One Piece, Attack on Titan, and OPM).

1319290_Latvian_ShowThumbnail_01d3b15a-2acf-e711-8175-020165574d09.jpg

"When a shapeshifting demon with a thirst for human flesh, known as "youma," arrives in Raki's village, a lone woman with silver eyes walks into town with only a sword upon her back. She is a "Claymore," a being manufactured as half-human and half-youma, for the express purpose of exterminating these monsters. After Raki's family is killed, the Claymore saves his life, but he is subsequently banished from his home. With nowhere else to go, Raki finds the Claymore, known as Clare, and decides to follow her on her journeys. As the pair travel from town to town, defeating youma along the way, more about Clare's organization and her fellow warriors comes to light. With every town cleansed and every demon destroyed, they come closer to the youma on which Clare has sought vengeance ever since she chose to become a Claymore." ~ MAL 

Genre: Dark, Fantasy, Medieval, Supernatural, Demons
Rating: 7.89/10 (MyAnimeList)

Here's the opening:

[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q1YOX6VGE6U[/video]

If there's some good gems you have, please share it with the others (give the synopsis, pic, genre, ratings, and openings), in case if they ever take up an interest to watch animes. 

I'll recommend a comedy, cutesy witsy kawaii slice of life anime, for the next one. Ciao :)

Jojos bizarre adventure: a multi generational story of the joestar bloodline, and how they face varying obstacles such as vampires, and physical manifestations of someone's fighting spirit.
Angel beats: high school boy wakes up in a unfamiliar high school campus, he has no memories and neither do the other people their with him. They are in purgatory and must accomplish something so they can be reincarnated.
Hunter x hunter: young boy wants to become a hunter, a special position that ants someone special privileges such as access to restricted regions and many other perks. He must first pass the hunter exam, he meets a great group of friends during the journey.
Gundam iron blooded orphans: basically a mech anime about child workers on mars. The children/teens eventually create their own company and must battle many opposing armies/companies/pirates.

Crustaciouse said:
Anime recommendations: jojos bizarre adventure
Angel beats
Watch those and they were pretty good.

You're a good man.

idkwattodowithlife said:
Watch those and they were pretty good.

You're a good man.

Thanks man, I really encourage people to watch these shows as they are each amazing and deserve much more attention.

good taste --->>> https://myanimelist.net/animelist/Indari?status=2&order=4&order2=0

Indari said:
good taste --->>> https://myanimelist.net/animelist/Indari?status=2&order=4&order2=0
I see Kill la Kill, Fate/Zero, Steins;Gate, and School days, I've watched those.

You probably mog most of us watching that amount of animes, lol.

Good man.

https://myanimelist.net/animelist/89iqpoints?status=2 , i've watched pretty much all of the good shit already, but i'm watching 3-gatsu no lion atm and the MC is literally incel tbh, except he has people that support them but it's fiction so idc

Shonen: Hunter x Hunter, Fullmetal Achemist(both), and later JoJo
Seinei: Berserk 97 and manga
Gambling: Kaiji
Mecha: Code Geass, Evangelion (ikr its deeper than only being a mecha anime, but still)
Slice of Life: Haruhi or Devil's a Part Time
Movies: Any the Hayao Miyazaki stuff, Akira (for technical reasons, for plot read the manga), Ghost in the Shell, also Cowboy Bebop movies.

I believe this is a very basic list for anyone who's new to the medium

@Tempus Erax Rerum I've just watched Mirai Nikki and it was pretty good, it kind of reminds me of Death Note, but with phones, and everyone trying to kill each other to become god. Now, I'm going to watch the anime @sergeantincel recommends which is "Grave of the Firefiles," and also sergeant be sure to tell me if you found Claymore good, or not, I want to know and also I'm curious.

I guess its time to recommend a cute kawaii anime and also it has some comedy, but a bit of romance scenes, and of course real girls can't compare or compete with anime girls (I wouldn't go into the level of having a body pillow though...).

Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu

50389l.jpg

"The story centers around Akihisa Yoshii, the "baka" of the title. His academy rigidly divides up the student body into classes based on the results of tests. The prodigies are in the A class with reclining seats complete with air conditioning, but Akihisa is in F class, the lowest rung of the school ladder which is furnished only with low, decrepit tables and worn-out straw tatami mats. A girl named Mizuki Himeji is actually one of the smartest girls in Akihisa's sophomore year, but she had a fever on test day and was pigeonholed into the F class. Besides Mizuki (who Akihisa secretly adores), the F class also has Yuuji Sakamoto, the class president who has been Akihisa's friend and partner-in-crime since the freshman year.

The school happens to have developed experiments to summon fantasy creatures, and Akihisa decides to rally F class to take on the higher-tiered classes and seize their perks. The F class uses the summoned creatures in an all-out battle for school supremacy."

Genre: Comedy, School, Slice of Slice, Superpower
Ratings: 7.78/10

Opening:

[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zaPfHKRvQfc[/video]

i know this is cliche af but for anyone who has been under a rock in terms of anime for over 10 years, then I strongly recommend Death Note to everyone. It's more intelligent than your average anime and is just straight up interesting. Detective story + light fantasy elements + masterminds and all that jazz.

blickpall said:
i know this is cliche af but for anyone who has been under a rock in terms of anime for over 10 years, then I strongly recommend Death Note to everyone. It's more intelligent than your average anime and is just straight up interesting. Detective story + light fantasy elements + masterminds and all that jazz.
100% my man, Death Note is a really good anime, and Lawliet is awesome, I guess Light Yagami too :).

You'd probably enjoy Mirai Nikki (since its a little similar to Death Note) minus some of the romance scenes, but its actually worth it, and if you have the time of course.

さよならぜつぼうせんせい is a satirical slice-of-life anime centered on a pessimistic high school teacher and the only Chinese cartoon I have ever watched.

シリアルエクスペリメンツレイン has also been recommended to me but I have yet to watch it. Ostensibly, its thematic cornerstones are identity and technology expressed vividly in a cyberpunk psychological horror/science fiction.

idkwattodowithlife said:
100% my man, Death Note is a really good anime, and Lawliet is awesome, I guess Light Yagami too Smile.

You'd probably enjoy Mirai Nikki (since its a little similar to Death Note) minus some of the romance scenes, but its actually worth it, and if you have the time of course.

Maybe after exams haha TT_TT Thanks!

dardycunt said:
satirical slice-of-life anime

I've seen this term used before and I asked what it means but didn't get a response. Can you elaborate? What exactly constitutes a "slice of life?"

Hold up, @Indari you rated School Days 1/10??

Why, if I may ask?

blickpall said:
Hold up, @Indari you rated School Days 1/10??

Why, if I may ask?

nothing at all remarkable about it besides the shock ending

Indari said:
nothing at all remarkable about it besides the shock ending

I liked the story a lot because of how unexpectedly dark it turned after the starting episodes, as well as the psychological damage being done all over the place. If this is unremarkable, perhaps you could recommend some that are similar?

blickpall said:
I liked the story a lot because of how unexpectedly dark it turned after the starting episodes, as well as the psychological damage being done all over the place. If this is unremarkable, perhaps you could recommend some that are similar?

Unremarkable in terms of it being just another dumbass harem. The plot relies on Kotonoha being a nonverbal autist, she's an attractive lonely girl (with hentai character tits),  all the girls are on Makoto's dick for no reason. It is just really trashy quality. The only draw comes from the manufactured edginess. Watch good stuff and you'll see how trash it is in comparison.

Indari said:
Unremarkable in terms of it being just another dumbass harem. The plot relies on Kotonoha being a nonverbal autist, she's an attractive lonely girl (with hentai character tits),  all the girls are on Makoto's dick for no reason. It is just really trashy quality. The only draw comes from the manufactured edginess. Watch good stuff and you'll see how trash it is in comparison.

I have never really watched harem-style anime, I never saw the appeal of that as a genre. I did enjoy Tenchi Muyo! but I don't think I can put those two in the same category. I see your point about the manufactured edginess and there being no reason for Makoto's dick to be jumped on but I think in the relatively homogeneous art style of that anime he might be a Chad and as 3D viewers we just don't get why he's Chad. Him having experience and the hormonal nature of girls at that age contributed and that was enough of an explanation for me. I guess what drew me in was the emotional manipulation and the outcomes as a result of it, I think those were represented well. I resonated with the character at the start of it too, the longing for another girl who seemed to be too shy. Of course later in the series it deviated from anything I can relate to, but the foundation being relatable must have sold it for me.

What show would be the "good stuff" analogue to School Days? Something that has similar elements but done with more substance, I guess? Any specific recommendations to that end?

blickpall said:
I have never really watched harem-style anime, I never saw the appeal of that as a genre. I did enjoy Tenchi Muyo! but I don't think I can put those two in the same category. I see your point about the manufactured edginess and there being no reason for Makoto's dick to be jumped on but I think in the relatively homogeneous art style of that anime he might be a Chad and as 3D viewers we just don't get why he's Chad. Him having experience and the hormonal nature of girls at that age contributed and that was enough of an explanation for me. I guess what drew me in was the emotional manipulation and the outcomes as a result of it, I think those were represented well. I resonated with the character at the start of it too, the longing for another girl who seemed to be too shy. Of course later in the series it deviated from anything I can relate to, but the foundation being relatable must have sold it for me.

What show would be the "good stuff" analogue to School Days? Something that has similar elements but done with more substance, I guess? Any specific recommendations to that end?
Romance is pretty much my least favorite genre. I'm realizing I've literally seen none.

Crustaciouse said:
Jojos bizarre adventure: a multi generational story of the joestar bloodline, and how they face varying obstacles such as vampires, and physical manifestations of someone's fighting spirit.
Angel beats: high school boy wakes up in a unfamiliar high school campus, he has no memories and neither do the other people their with him. They are in purgatory and must accomplish something so they can be reincarnated.
Hunter x hunter: young boy wants to become a hunter, a special position that ants someone special privileges such as access to restricted regions and many other perks. He must first pass the hunter exam, he meets a great group of friends during the journey.
Gundam iron blooded orphans: basically a mech anime about child workers on mars. The children/teens eventually create their own company and must battle many opposing armies/companies/pirates.

Hunter x Hunter put it that way will probably turn many people off lol

if you'll watch it, expect top tier writing

Indari said:
Romance is pretty much my least favorite genre. I'm realizing I've literally seen none.

Me too, so I wanted to find out about more! I guess you could classify Saikano as having a lot of romance elements and no harem at all, I thought it was pretty good (wouldn't say that it is 100% romance story though).

anon_899 said:
Hunter x Hunter put it that way will probably turn many people off lol

if you'll watch it, expect top tier writing

Hunter x Hunter is another one of those stories that came out of nowhere. Little by little the whole things gets more and more insane. I rewatched it with my friend a few years ago and I was reminded how different the first arc is from the latter ones in the anime.

Great teacher onizuka
Kenichi mightiest disciple

Time to recommend an anime (its a movie, not a series though), I think most incels would love.

Vampire Hunter D

21432l.jpg

"The story revolves around D, the infamous "dunpeal" (born of a vampire father and a human mother) outcast and renowned vampire hunter. His prowess at hunting the creatures of the night allowing his acceptance among humans, he is called upon to locate Charlotte Elbourne, the lovely daughter of an affluent family who has been mysteriously kidnapped.

When the sun sets, the hunt goes on! Charlotte`s father offers a rich bounty, be she dead or alive, a task D willingly accepts, even with notorious Markus brothers and their gang of bounty hunters seeking the prize as well. Amidst the chase and unknown to all lurks a sinister evil which has been secretly manipulating their every move and has set a chilling trap that none will expect and few will survive. With the tables turned and the secrets revealed, the hunters could quickly become the hunted!"

Genre: Action, Drama, Fantasy, Horror, Romance, Sci-Fi, Vampire
Ratings: 7.93/10

Trailer:

[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7nSwPGiD8xw[/video]

Enjoy, my friends ^.^

WarmIncelation said:
Great teacher onizuka
Kenichi mightiest disciple
I've watched Great teacher onizuka, it's a good anime, and good taste by the way, but haven't watched the second you mentioned.

Zyros said:
The akira manga.

Heard good things about Akira, never had the chance to get into it.

You should watch, Vampire Hunter D @zyros

You'll probably love it, as you have an obsession with vampires, and almost looking like one lol.

Bleach and DBZ are pretty high tier

Battlefield3cel said:
Bleach and DBZ are pretty high tier
Watched DBZ and its pretty good. Watch some episodes of Bleach, but it has too many fillers.

I'm guessing you like superpowered animes. You should watch two seasons of "Attack on Titan," you'll probably love it.

idkwattodowithlife said:
Watched DBZ and its pretty good. Watch some episodes of Bleach, but it has too many fillers.

I'm guessing you like superpowered animes. You should watch two seasons of "Attack on Titan," you'll probably love it.

I hear One Piece is pretty good

idkwattodowithlife said:
You should watch two seasons of "Attack on Titan," you'll probably love it.
Great show. I think that they overconvoluted the storyline and I'm not really enjoying the second season's developments for the most part so far, but it's still an amazing show.

blickpall said:
Can you elaborate? What exactly constitutes a "slice of life?"

The term generally denotes an animated series comprised of minimal plot and conflict. Episodes may be non-sequitur though they tend to revolve around the same set of characters. Basically just a sequence of filler episodes.

dardycunt said:
The term generally denotes an animated series comprised of minimal plot and conflict. Episodes may be non-sequitur though they tend to revolve around the same set of characters. Basically just a sequence of filler episodes.

Thanks! So, would an example be something like older South Park, which for the most part was just a day or two in the life of the kids and no relation to the other episodes of the season, whereas the newer seasons are more of a continuation of the previous episodes/season?

Haven't watched that much lately because I'm so fucking tired all the time but here's some anime a lot of people haven't seen that I think are great:

Gunbuster: a 6 episode OVA. Similar to evangelion. The series that brought Anno to fame originally

Shin getter robo vs neo getter robo: 3 ep mecha OVA.... my favorite non-sense anime... Texas Mac best robot of all time!

Pluto: (manga) I think this is by far the best work by Urasawa. Deals with similar themes to something like GoTS, but much more connectable on an emotional level

Sexy Commando Gaiden: It's a pretty stupid crazy-comedy, but probably had the best laughs I had watching anime with this series

Sennen Joyuu: Movie. I'm not a huge fan of anime movies, but this is a favorite of mine. The story telling, music, visuals are all amazing with a simple but relatable story

blickpall said:
Thanks! So, would an example be something like older South Park, which for the most part was just a day or two in the life of the kids and no relation to the other episodes of the season, whereas the newer seasons are more of a continuation of the previous episodes/season?

No worries. I have never watched South Park but I would consider Seinfeld to qualify as a slice of life series.

Ulkesh said:
Haven't watched that much lately because I'm so fucking tired all the time but here's some anime a lot of people haven't seen that I think are great:

Gunbuster: a 6 episode OVA. Similar to evangelion. The series that brought Anno to fame

Shin getter robo vs neo getter robo: 3 ep mecha OVA.... my favorite non-sense anime... Texas Mac best robot of all time!

Pluto: (manga) I think this is by far the best work by Urasawa. Deals with similar themes to something like GoTS, but much more connectable on an emotional level

Sexy Commando Gaiden: It's a pretty stupid crazy-comedy, but probably had the best laughs I had watching anime with this series

Sennen Joyuu: Movie. I'm not a huge fan of anime movies, but this is a favorite of mine. The story telling, music, visuals are all amazing with a simple but relatable story
Looks like you have a thing for Mecha animes, I generally don't mind, may check out "Gunbuster" tomorrow. I gotta see Code Geass, I think its Ryo Hazukis favorite anime.

dardycunt said:
blickpall said:

No worries. I have never watched South Park but I would consider Seinfeld to qualify as a slice of life series.
And the shitposting begins...

I might as well recommend Avatar the Last Airbender, Legend of Kora, Rick & Morty, The Regular Show, and Adventure Time.

idkwattodowithlife said:
And the shitposting begins...

I might as well recommend Avatar the Last Airbender, Legend of Kora, Rick & Morty, The Regular Show, and Adventure Time.
Don't think he was recommending Seinfeld in this anime thread, but was using it as an example for explanation purposes (thanks by the way).

idkwattodowithlife said:
Looks like you have a thing for Mecha animes, I generally don't mind, may check out "Gunbuster" tomorrow. I gotta see Code Geass, I think its Ryo Hazukis favorite anime.

Code Geass is good, maybe slightly overrated. I'm more of a fan of old anime than purely a mecha fan, but a lot of the older scifis are mechas. The animations is a bit chunkier in older anime but I think the male characters are less nu-male and the female ones haven't degenerated to the dere-archetypes yet.

Mush-Shi;Texhnolyze,Overlord,Blue exorcist,Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso,Moryo no Hako,Habane Renmei.

Ulkesh said:

Gunbuster: a 6 episode OVA. Similar to evangelion. The series that brought Anno to fame originally

Ah, I see you're a /m/an of culture aswell

blickpall said:

White Album 2

I remember watching Naruto back in the day

Shinsekai Yori(From the new World)(watch dub, dub is great)

[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fUFnHKtm-8I[/video]

maxresdefault.jpg

5J3LC.gif

jPsz1ai.gif

tumblr_mvvaq7oJis1qdsh8vo1_500.gif

tumblr_n88c1zvI8G1rcw6nwo1_500.gif

Really deep, unique and interesting. 
Must see

-------
Following a sudden outbreak of psychokinesis in 0.1% of the population, a rapid transformation swept the world. The godlike ability to manipulate matter remotely turned many power wielders to violence, inciting a long period of upheaval. Finally, after a chaotic era shaped by the rise and fall of oppressive regimes, the psychic humans were able to achieve a fragile peace by isolating their society, creating a new world bound by complex rules.

In the town of Kamisu 66, 12-year-old Saki Watanabe has just awakened to her powers and is relieved to rejoin her friends—the mischievous Satoru Asahina, the shy Mamoru Itou, the cheerful Maria Akizuki, and Shun Aonuma, a mysterious boy whom Saki admires—at Sage Academy, a special school for psychics. However, unease looms as Saki begins to question the fate of those unable to awaken to their powers, and the children begin to get involved with secretive matters such as the rumored Tainted Cats said to abduct children.

Shinsekai yori tells the unique coming-of-age story of Saki and her friends as they journey to grow into their roles in the supposed utopia. Accepting these roles, however, might not come easy when faced with the dark and shocking truths of society, and the impending havoc born from the new world.

I've matched Mirai Nikki sometime ago, I guess I'd have to rate it 8/10, and not too much of a fan for the romance scene, but the thriller makes up for it. I don't think I'm going post a lengthened recommend of it and I think some incels can't digest some of those unrelating feels.

I've watched "Grave of the Fireflies" and I like it @sergeantincel. I'm sort of upset that his sister died towards the end of the movie though.

Gonna watch Kono and Code Geass, then watch animes dardycunt, ulkesh, and Tempus Erax Edax recommends.

blickpall said:
Is there a White Album 1 I should watch first? Haha

heh, yes there is but they're not related to each other except the same city and white album 2 is the only one you should watch

Sergeantincel said:
Grave of the fireflies is very grim, not your typical movie, but glad you like it.
Thanks, be sure to tell me about Claymore soon, depending if you don't want to watch it anymore, like or hate it, I guess.

incelkingkong said:
heh, yes there is but they're not related to each other except the same city and white album 2 is the only one you should watch

Thanks for the heads up! Will definitely check it out. I'm finishing up an anime today, so I will start on it soon.

Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo!

77831.jpg

"After dying a laughable and pathetic death on his way back from buying a game, high school student and recluse Kazuma Satou finds himself sitting before a beautiful but obnoxious goddess named Aqua. She provides the NEET with two options: continue on to heaven or reincarnate in every gamer's dream—a real fantasy world! Choosing to start a new life, Kazuma is quickly tasked with defeating a Demon King who is terrorizing villages. But before he goes, he can choose one item of any kind to aid him in his quest, and the future hero selects Aqua. But Kazuma has made a grave mistake—Aqua is completely useless!

Unfortunately, their troubles don't end here; it turns out that living in such a world is far different from how it plays out in a game. Instead of going on a thrilling adventure, the duo must first work to pay for their living expenses. Indeed, their misfortunes have only just begun!" ~ MAL

Trailer:
[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NU87y-38glA[/video]

Genre: Adventure, Comedy, Supernatural, Fantasy, Magic
Ratings: 8.1/10

Grave of Fireflies

75808.jpg

"As World War II reaches its conclusion in 1945, Japan faces widespread destruction in the form of American bombings, devastating city after city. Hotaru no Haka, also known as Grave of the Fireflies, is the story of Seita and his sister Setsuko, two Japanese children whose lives are ravaged by the brutal war. They have lost their mother, their father, their home, and the prospect of a bright future—all tragic consequences of the war.

Now orphaned and homeless, Seita and Setsuko have no choice but to drift across the countryside, beset by starvation and disease. Met with the apathy of adults along the way, they find that desperate circumstances can turn even the kindest of people cruel yet their youthful hope shines brightly in the face of unrelenting hardship, preventing the siblings from swiftly succumbing to an inevitable fate." ~ MAL

Trailer:
[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vPeTSRd580[/video]

Genres: Drama, Historical
Ratings: 8.56/10

Break

Mirai Nikki (It's good, but has a bit of romance scenes).

33465l.jpg

"Lonely high school student, Yukiteru Amano, spends his days writing a diary on his cellphone, while conversing with his two seemingly imaginary friends Deus Ex Machina, who is the god of time and space, and Murmur, the god's servant. Revealing himself to be an actual entity, Deus grants Yukiteru a "Random Diary," which shows highly descriptive entries based on the future and forces him into a bloody battle royale with 11 other holders of similarly powerful future diaries. With the last person standing designated as the new god of time and space, Yukiteru must find and kill the other 11 in order to survive. He reluctantly teams up with his obsessive stalker Yuno Gasai (who also possesses such a diary), and she takes it upon herself to ensure his safety. But there's more to the girl than meets the eye, as she might have other plans for her unrequited love..." ~MAL

[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/embed/cOmW9c43QkA?enablejsapi=1&wmode=opaque&autoplay=1[/video]

Genre: Thriller, Psychological, Supernatural, Shounen
Ratings: 7.95/10

One Punch Man 

'nuff said

Also I really liked Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon

1595261_Latvian_ShowMasterKeyArt_5674ae97-ae6d-e711-8175-020165574d09.jpg

Kointo said:
One Punch Man
'nuff said
Also I really liked Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon
1595261_Latvian_ShowMasterKeyArt_5674ae97-ae6d-e711-8175-020165574d09.jpg
OPM is good.

I see @Bri8564 lol.

I may watch it after, I watch what @TempusEdaxRerum recommended me.

Currently going through Mushi-shi, I think it was recommended by Ulkesh here.