Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

The Anime Recommendation Thread.

Watched a few this week

11460.jpg

Great teacher onizuka it’s a classic slice of life that spearheaded the genre. 9/10 in my book it’s a comfy anime to watch and doesn’t take too much focus.

akame-ga-kill_t101243.jpg

Akame ga Kill.Rewatched it. Amazing seinen, sort of dark but the rebellion theme is really cool. I suggest reading the manga because it wasn’t completed at the time and the author made up a lot of stuff which made a lot of people hate it. 8/10.

Haven't been watching much anime since uni and I prefer to spend my free time on incels.is. Anyways, I've been watching Serial Experiments Lain recommended by @Tension (only up to ep 2, may binge watch it on the weekend).

Devil Man Cry: A guy that hunts demons and vampires for a living. Similar anime to Vampire Hunter D and Hellsing, if you're into those sort of anime. I'm not sure, If I've recommended this anime.

26417.jpg
Also if you really like it you should play the games when you are free. They are on PC and 1-4 are VERY hard but DMC 5 is sort of a disgrace because they changed Dante a lot.

Devil May Cry is an anime now?

Watched a few this week

11460.jpg

Great teacher onizuka it’s a classic slice of life that spearheaded the genre. 9/10 in my book it’s a comfy anime to watch and doesn’t take too much focus.

akame-ga-kill_t101243.jpg

Akame ga Kill.Rewatched it. Amazing seinen, sort of dark but the rebellion theme is really cool. I suggest reading the manga because it wasn’t completed at the time and the author made up a lot of stuff which made a lot of people hate it. 8/10.
I've watch both animes their okay. GTO is kind of meh, but the comedy makes up for it, and I'm not a fan of high school based animes (eventhough thats were a lot of the goods one come from).

Also if you really like it you should play the games when you are free. They are on PC and 1-4 are VERY hard but DMC 5 is sort of a disgrace because they changed Dante a lot.
I've played the first dmc, but I couldn't finish the first level lol.

Devil May Cry is an anime now?
Yeah man :).

Blade: typical vampire hunter anime. Nothing more to explain.

images

Dance in the Vampire Bund: a society where humans and vampires live separately, and there's a lot of tension between em. Also a bit of romance is involved.

images

Dance in the Vampire Bund: a society where humans and vampires live separately, and there's a lot of tension between em. Also a bit of romance is involved.

images

I fapped to that vampire girl once, and I wondered which anime it was from.

The Pet Girl of Sakurasao: a guy that goes to a high school is kicked off dorm because he wants to keep cats that he rescued but he can't and has to live in a seperate dorm where there are "troubled" people, here he wants to become a video game developer. A relative of the dorm advisor is coming to live with them and she is regarded as an amazing artist but is very clueless and he has to help her.

It's romance/slice of life anime that is pretty good.

is a 10/10 in my book

Last edited:
The Pet Girl of Sakurasao

It's romance/slice of life anime that is pretty good.

is a 10/10 in my book

Not going to watch slice of life animes until June. But yeah, it looks pretty good ;).

Despicable Me

Synopsis:
A man who delights in all things wicked, supervillain Gru (Steve Carell) hatches a plan to steal the moon. Surrounded by an army of little yellow minions and his impenetrable arsenal of weapons and war machines, Gru makes ready to vanquish all who stand in his way. But nothing in his calculations and groundwork has prepared him for his greatest challenge: three adorable orphan girls (Miranda Cosgrove, Dana Gaier, Elsie Fisher) who want to make him their dad.

painel-meu-malvado-favorito-1-50-x-1-00m-aniversario.jpg

Yamada-Kun and the 7 witches

Really good comedy SoL school romance

It’s in my top 3 for favourite anime

It also has a proper ending in the manga

Yamada-Kun and the 7 witches

Really good comedy SoL school romance

It’s in my top 3 for favourite anime

View attachment 11167

It also has a proper ending in the manga
I have only played the opening (Kuchizuke Diamond) in osu! I might give it a try

I have only played the opening (Kuchizuke Diamond) in osu! I might give it a try
I think you will like it, it’s not a cheesy harem romance and OP is definitely amazing

Watched this anime a while ago.

Serial Experimental Lain: some girl good with computers, tries to solve some stuff in the wire. One of the few classical experimental animes out there. Starring @Tension ;)

DVC00010_M-fa30c.jpg

Ciao :)

Can any of you guys recommend some solid horror anime? Seen High School of the Dead, Hellsing, Vampire Hunter D (both) and all of Go Nagai’s Devilman stuff.

Can any of you guys recommend some solid horror anime? Seen High School of the Dead, Hellsing, Vampire Hunter D (both) and all of Go Nagai’s Devilman stuff.
Checkout Gungrave maybe and Berserk movie trilogy or the 1997 anime

why did you remove your avi? Your username looks strange without it

Btooom!: Pro gamercel and NEET gets placed in to a battle royale style deathmatch on a stranded island, tasked with killing seven of their fellow participants to obtain their green crystals, used as proof of their victory, in order to return home. Has interesting characters and concepts (some surprisingly relevant to inceldom). Good action anime with some nice romance and gore. Only 12 episodes.

Here's the OP:

Btooom!: Pro gamercel and NEET gets placed in to a battle royale style deathmatch on a stranded island, tasked with killing seven of their fellow participants to obtain their green crystals, used as proof of their victory, in order to return home. Has interesting characters and concepts (some surprisingly relevant to inceldom). Good action anime with some nice romance and gore. Only 12 episodes.

View attachment 23839

Here's the OP:

fucking garbage lol

View attachment 23839

Here's the OP:

Welcome to incels.is :heart:

I'll check it out after binge watching Violet Evergreen.

Also what are your favourite anime genres? <3

Watched this anime a while ago.

Serial Experimental Lain: some girl good with computers, tries to solve some stuff in the wire. One of the few classical experimental animes out there. Starring @Tension ;)

DVC00010_M-fa30c.jpg

Ciao :)

Man that really takes me back. I remember watching this on Techtv's Anime Unleashed back in like 2002.

No preference. I'll watch any genre that's good. Here's my mal:
https://myanimelist.net/profile/grant747
391.png

>trying to link mal in 2018

kek
so linking mal defeats the purpose of this thread?

latest

Man that really takes me back. I remember watching this on Techtv's Anime Unleashed back in like 2002.
you watched most of your animes on tv? i guess that makes you an o.g. anime watcher, compared to many newanimefags that been watching it on the internet.

girl_blonde_thinking_thought_eyes_green_12031_1920x1080.jpg

391.png

so linking mal defeats the purpose of this thread?

latest

you watched most of your animes on tv? i guess that makes you an o.g. anime watcher, compared to many newanimefags that been watching it on the internet.

girl_blonde_thinking_thought_eyes_green_12031_1920x1080.jpg
you can’t view another persons anime list after they had a data breach and people’s passwords got stolen.

I use anilist instead now

you can’t view another persons anime list after they had a data breach and people’s passwords got stolen.

I use anilist instead now
damn thats scary.

Watching anime online wasn't really an option back then. My family didn't have DSL until around 2004, so growing up I only had dial-up. And since my family only had one phone line (meaning when someone was online, phone calls could not be made or received) that really limited how much time I could be online. It obviously also meant very slow download speeds. So I couldn't really download entire anime even though torrents were a thing. Obviously crunchyroll, youtube, netflix etc. didn't exist and streaming wasn't really a thing.

But sometime in the early 2000s I found a website hosted on something like geocities or angelfire that sold bootleg anime. They charged a flat rate of like $10 for shipping (the seller was located in the philippines) but only like 2 dollars per disc. I bought a lot of anime from the 90s-early 2000s era from them, including some extremely obscure stuff.

Other than that I only had access to what was on TV. The Scifi channel's "Saturday anime", TechTv's Anime Unleashed, etc.

Twilight of the Dark Matter: similar anime to devil may cry (more of a 90s version), but this is such just an ova, only 1 ep. so enjoy.

4277.jpg

Watching anime online wasn't really an option back then. My family didn't have DSL until around 2004, so growing up I only had dial-up. And since my family only had one phone line (meaning when someone was online, phone calls could not be made or received) that really limited how much time I could be online. It obviously also meant very slow download speeds. So I couldn't really download entire anime even though torrents were a thing. Obviously crunchyroll, youtube, netflix etc. didn't exist and streaming wasn't really a thing.

But sometime in the early 2000s I found a website hosted on something like geocities or angelfire that sold bootleg anime. They charged a flat rate of like $10 for shipping (the seller was located in the philippines) but only like 2 dollars per disc. I bought a lot of anime from the 90s-early 2000s era from them, including some extremely obscure stuff.

Other than that I only had access to what was on TV. The Scifi channel's "Saturday anime", TechTv's Anime Unleashed, etc.

those days of dial-up sounded brutal. thank goodness for 2010+ internet services.

that sounds pretty fun to be buying anime stuff that are that "cheap" and this is analogous to people collecting old video games. i guess it has that sort of "nostalgia" feeling. i imagine you get to comfortably watch anime on a bigger screen, man thats got to be life fuel all around.

Uzumaki is pretty good

Attachments

• 2354871804_ac1c3eebbe_z.jpg
    2354871804_ac1c3eebbe_z.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 63
Sword Art Online: Don't bother watching Sword Art Online, I've painfully finished watching two seasons of it. Most of the guys that had told me not to watch it, were right. I repeat don't watch it.

39717.jpg

Just started this show and it’s so good

https://myanimelist.net/anime/35241/Konohana_Kitan

Genres are fantasy/moe/comedy/iyashikei I have never seen anything like it.

The plot is relaxing and feels episodic. it takes place in a fantasy world with animal girls and creatures. MC is a fox/girl that starts working at a hotel and makes new friends.

Here are some screens I took while watching episode 1:
562AFD4B E02B 40BB BBDF C7EB15D2AD3B

oh yeah and I found saber in it (lol):
59794D2C 2696 4267 8F36 D47C6FA37499

Legend of the galactic heroes