Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

It's Over Taking medication has rotted by brain

XtremeMax

XtremeMax

my name is Max
★★
I feel like such a retard for listening to my parents and the doctors that it's a good thing. I lost all my emotions. I know what it feels like to have emotions, that's how I know I've lost all of them. I was put on antidepressants and antipsychotics and now I'm tapering off all of them but there's no spark or liveliness returning. I just lie in bed staring at the ceiling most days. I just don't know where I should go from here. I'm in no pain, emotional or otherwise. I don't feel suicidal. I'm curious if anyone else has or is going through emotional numbness.

Cant go cold turkey?

I don't know. I just keep taking it because my parents are assholes about it and watch me take it.
I took zoloft for a month. I felt like shit and i was throwing up almost everyday. I felt much better when i stopped taking it

I took zoloft for a month. I felt like shit and i was throwing up almost everyday. I felt much better when i stopped taking it
I took zoloft for like 3(?) months and I feel like my memory is fucked. Its been over a year and my working memory still feels very hazy.

Yes but my parents are very convinced that it's helping and are practically forcing me to take it and saying "you'll go back to hospital" if I don't take it.

Yes but my parents are very convinced that it's helping and are practically forcing me to take it and saying "you'll go back to hospital" if I don't take it.
Cant you just fake taking it?

Dude stop taking that shit. What the fuck man. I can't imagine feeling like a zombie 24/7 that must suck bro.

I'm on antidepressants everything feels grey no emotion day in day not that bad but not that good u know what i mean? i assumed it will come back if i went off them but u are saying no emotions came back?

dont take this jewish shit

Psychiatric medications can help greatly with mental illness.

I was on Depakote a Mood stabilizer and Burphroion a Antidepressant

It did nothing for me but give me ed a numb dick and apathetic as

Get off them now

I've been off them for a couple of years

And i feel its working its way out but for some the side effects never leave

I plan on eating raw animal organs to heal myself and you should too

Get off them now

I've been off them for a couple of years

And i feel its working its way out but for some the side effects never leave
True and post SSRI sexual dysfunction is a risk then there's just the neurotoxicity in general with SSRIs meanwhile anti psychotics cause as much as a 10% loss in brain volume in chimps no idea about healthy patients because it's deemed too dangerous to use on them.

True and post SSRI sexual dysfunction is a risk then there's just the neurotoxicity in general with SSRIs meanwhile anti psychotics cause as much as a 10% loss in brain volume in chimps no idea about healthy patients because it's deemed too dangerous to use on them.
Yeah I got that too kinda I can only get horny after like 40 days plus of semen retention so I'm not completely castrated and I have ed too but some people never recover their sex drives after

Yeah I got that too kinda I can only get horny after like 40 days plus of semen retention so I'm not completely castrated and I have ed too but some people never recover their sex drives after
How old are you though? Also what's a couple years?

Leave a bag of flaming dog shit in your parents car and say the drugs made you do it.

That should solve everything.

Oh was going to say most brain recovery from something happens in the first two years so cannot suggest much tbh
Well my emotinal numbing has been subsiding gradually and like I said a couple post before after like 40 days of semen retention I was able to get morning erections so I'll just keep on that and I think the only thing to help me is eating animal Organs especially the liver and brain to repair me

Well my emotinal numbing has been subsiding gradually and like I said a couple post before after like 40 days of semen retention I was able to get morning erections so I'll just keep on that and I think the only thing to help me is eating animal Organs especially the liver and brain to repair me

Tbh HBOT helped my brain course that was for a traumatic brain injury. Does increase blood flow too so could help erections probably. Course it is experimental and expensive. I went for 40 treatments at nearly $200 a treatment.

Tbh HBOT helped my brain course that was for a traumatic brain injury. Does increase blood flow too so could help erections probably. Course it is experimental and expensive. I went for 40 treatments at nearly $200 a treatment.
Thanks I look into it

Cant go cold turkey?
Never do it. Taper off medication with liquid solution, month per month with 10% reduction (or less, preferably).

However, tapering off doesn't guarantee you the avoidance of protracted withdrawal syndrome. Sometimes, withdrawals can even last for years.

I'm 8 months in and still suffering from withdrawal.

Anhedonia will never go away, depersonalization will never go away, etc. That's what I mostly suffer from.

Last edited: