Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Media [Spookpill] The Dare (1973, Scary Spooky Stories)

• Thread starter FrothySolutions
  • Start date
FrothySolutions

FrothySolutions

Post like the FBI is watching.
★★★★★
For best results, listen at midnight.

Not specifically spooky, but still spooky just by virtue of being a Betty Boop cartoon for some reason.

lol, true. vintage monochrome cartoons usually have some ,,phantasmagorical" atmosphere nexed to them though.

the scariness or spookiness evoked can be explained by; I. Rotoscoping; which creates an uncanny valley effects by how robotic or smooth the characters movements and mannerisms is II. B-W is reminiscence of night which is permeated by darkness, dread, somberness and fear III. The authorship and directors knew how to emulate the emotion of fear on the characters this not only emphasize the ,,threatening" general ambient of the cartoon but the audience is instilled with even more fear IIII. those cartoons, the musicals or instrumentals used weren't intended for a non-adult audience.

the scariness or spookiness evoked can be explained by; I. Rotoscoping; which creates an uncanny valley effects by how robotic or smooth the characters movements and mannerisms is II. B-W is reminiscence of night which is permeated by darkness, dread, somberness and fear III. The authorship and directors knew how to emulate the emotion of fear on the characters this not only emphasize the ,,threatening" general ambient of the cartoon but the audience is instilled with even more fear IIII. those cartoons, the musicals or instrumentals used weren't intended for a non-adult audience.

I also don't like the silence.