Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Social exclusion decreases prosocial behavior

Bangkok or bust

Bangkok or bust

A life of poorer quality due to skull & bones
-
Social exclusion decreases prosocial behavior https://psycnet.apa.org/doiLanding?doi=10.1037/0022-3514.83.4.817

In 7 experiments, the authors manipulated social exclusion by telling people that they would end up alone later in life or that other participants had rejected them. Social exclusion caused a substantial reduction in prosocial behavior. Socially excluded people donated less money to a student fund, were unwilling to volunteer for further lab experiments, were less helpful after a mishap, and cooperated less in a mixed-motive game with another student. The results did not vary by cost to the self or by recipient of the help, and results remained significant when the experimenter was unaware of condition. The effect was mediated by feelings of empathy for another person but was not mediated by mood, state self-esteem, belongingness, trust, control, or self-awareness. The implication is that rejection temporarily interferes with emotional responses, thereby impairing the capacity for empathic understanding of others, and as a result, any inclination to help or cooperate with them is undermined

We adapt to it, its all we know

No surprise there, when you've been excluded from all social settings, you're obviously going to develop an asocial personality.

Is this supposed to be groundbreaking or something? When you get shat on enough anyone with a modicum of sanity will retreat sooner or later.

Eating food decreases hunger

This doesn't surprise me, This is what made me such an introverted motherfucker and I never read a single research paper on what could cause it.

I think that's why I dont feel like helping others

Eating food decreases hunger

We need to give a ten million dollar grant to researchers to investigate this claim further.
Is this supposed to be groundbreaking or something? When you get shat on enough anyone with a modicum of sanity will retreat sooner or later.

Exactly. When you don't receive any benefit from a group you (surprise surprise) contribute nothing to said group. When you have everything to owe to the group you will self-sacrifice.

We get shit on for our genetics by society and we're expected to help that same society?

GTFO.

Last edited:
Amazing how it requires enlightened highly educated minds months to run a study & come to the conclusion of......common sense.

Fuck normshits

Social exclusion decreases prosocial behavior https://psycnet.apa.org/doiLanding?doi=10.1037/0022-3514.83.4.817

In 7 experiments, the authors manipulated social exclusion by telling people that they would end up alone later in life or that other participants had rejected them. Social exclusion caused a substantial reduction in prosocial behavior. Socially excluded people donated less money to a student fund, were unwilling to volunteer for further lab experiments, were less helpful after a mishap, and cooperated less in a mixed-motive game with another student. The results did not vary by cost to the self or by recipient of the help, and results remained significant when the experimenter was unaware of condition. The effect was mediated by feelings of empathy for another person but was not mediated by mood, state self-esteem, belongingness, trust, control, or self-awareness. The implication is that rejection temporarily interferes with emotional responses, thereby impairing the capacity for empathic understanding of others, and as a result, any inclination to help or cooperate with them is undermined
Sounds like common sense sense tbh. Why would you do anything for or have any love for the people that ignored you, lied to you or even bullied you for things out of your control?

Amazing how it requires enlightened highly educated minds months to run a study & come to the conclusion of......common sense.
I still think studies like this are usefull, many wisedoms of the Blackpill are common sense, but normies just laugh them off. On the other hand, they can't just ignore scientific facts without making a fool of themself.

'A child who is not embraced by the village will burn it down to feel its warmth' - African proverb.

I still think studies like this are usefull, many wisedoms of the Blackpill are common sense, but normies just laugh them off. On the other hand, they can't just ignore scientific facts without making a fool of themself.
Of course they can, they'll just state the facts or figures are systemically racist/biased or dig up some less than savoury event from the past of one of those affiliated with it. These fuckers don't use logic or cite sources when it doesn't benefit them, they go antifa chimp mode.

No surprise there, when you've been excluded from all social settings, you're obviously going to develop an asocial personality.

literally me , had a meeting last week with my boss because im " blunt and ignorant "

aka keep to myself

What happened to the wojak avi?

Water is wet
Water is wet

Users who are viewing this thread

shape1
shape2
shape3
shape4
shape5
shape6
Back